Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK (2006 and newer)

Comments

• I have not experienced any difficulty in seeing the Nav System. I have noticed it getting brighter suddenly even during the day, but not had any trouble. I love it.
  • I recently bought a 2006 Clk 350, and they told me that I had to wait about 2 months for them to deliver it to me. I paid 51,096 for my car which includes nav system, heated seats, premiume pakage, lighting package, sports suspension, and rear seat air bags. Then I was checking out the Mbusa web site and saw that they offered a 7 or 8 % discount if I ordered it from Europe. Even though my car is being shipped from Germany, do I qualify for this discount?
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    No. You need to order it through the European Delivery program and pick it up yourself in person at the factory. It can then be dropped off, shipped back to the States and will arrive at you domestic dealer in another 6+/- weeks.
  • skpinkskpink Posts: 1
    Would like some imput on package price of 2006 Clk Cab. Quoted price out the door with metallic paint and premium pkg is $56,665.00 MSRP, with $2000 down and 39 month lease for 779.00 a month. Is this reasonable? Appreciate input.
  • rdubsrdubs Posts: 11
    Hi skpink,
    Don't have a direct answer for you, but one of the best resources to use to find your answer is the Excel spreadsheet you can find and download on carbuyingtips.com. You can find all the invoice prices for the options on edmunds.com. I used it to negotiate a great price on my 06 CLK350 which is being custom built.
    Go to "buyer's offer spreaadsheet"
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/download.htm
    hope that helps.
    Rich
  • avguyavguy Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a CLK 320 but bfore I do I need to have an understanding of the maintenance schedule. I've never owned a Benze before I remember the ones my father owned during the 80's seemed to cost him a small fortune to maintain.

I need to know when they are scheduled, what gets done & an idea of what it costs. While I haven't decided on a specific year & model I have found what I feel is a great deal on a 2002 with 33000 miles.

Thanks for the assistance
  • dlukdluk Posts: 2
    I just took delivery of a 2004 Black Opal CLK500 two weeks ago. 22k miles, great condition, paid $38k. I think I got a great deal on the price and the car is just intoxicating to drive!

It is an absolute rocketship on the highway, and quite capable in the twists. It was also a delight on the highway for my long Xmas drive to my parents house.

My only complaints are a bunch of niggling issues in the interior (it's no japanese car when it comes to little things going wrong) - i.e. the cupholder doesn't slide out, the glovebox doesn't close without a firm and inelegant smack, the passenger vanity mirror light doesnt' work, etc.

A couple of bigger issues that I'd welcome people's opinions on: (1) the engine makes a weird noise at idle, which I've read is normal for this car, and (2) the transmission seems to sometimes upshift way too early under part-throttle acceleration and/or coming out of a turn, to the point where it feels unnatural. This scares me a bit but also might be that I'm used to
  • z5470z5470 Posts: 28
    Just got back from a Mercedes dealer. I looked at the exact same car you did with the same msrp. HOWEVER they wanted 39 mo 10K per year with 4100 down and 844 per month.
    Where did you get this deal and how many miles a year? Also they said they were charging 8.25% because of the 65% residual value.

Thanks
  • z5470z5470 Posts: 28
    Just got a quote for sticker price MSRP 56665 Lease payment 844 with 4000 down which includes bank fee first month and taxes. Only extra, premium pack and heated seats. 10K per yr and 39 month lease. I have never paid MSRP before on any car. The bank rate was in the 8%+ range which I though was too high but was told Mercedes gives 65% residual
    Would like to hear the deals that others have made as this does not seem to be a good deal.
    This site has really helped me in the past, so I look forward to hearing from you all.
    Thank you.
  • Anyone know if it's possible to install an SLK hood and grill on the CLK? I love the SLK styling, but I need a four-seater.

I'd be willing to plunk a few grand on an SLK hood, though I haven't been able to find hoods for sale on the internet, and I don't know if an SLK hood could be made to fit on a CLK. I doubt it can, but thought asking can't hurt ;)
  • mstrebemstrebe Posts: 1
    Maintenance on all benz models is at 10,000 to 15,000 intervals depending on your driving (this is the oil change, filters, etc.). The regular scheduled maintenances run either $250 or about $500 and come up once per year or so depending on how much you drive. They're actually quite cheap to maintain comparitively.
  • tonyw1tonyw1 Posts: 1
    My new 2006 CLK500 ran well the first 3200 miles. The car then stalled twice while I was driving on the road. The two incidents happened within 120 miles. I was so lucky that I did not get into any accidents even though both of the steering wheel and brake were without power at that time. After switching the gear back to Park, I was then able to start the engine again. But as of today I am still driving the loaner car from the dealership. After putting about 200 miles in my car for the last seven days, the dealership told me the problem has not yet been found. But they are ordering two parts for my car anyway and try to wrap it up in a week. I sort of know that Mercedes cars have minor electrical problems, but I never thought it was the type of problem that put my life in danger.
  • danzoedanzoe Posts: 1
    hELLO, i REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR POST BUT WOULD NEED SOME INFORMATION. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 350 CLK CABRIOLET AND HAVE RIPS ON THE BLACK LINER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE TOP NEAR THE BACK WINDOW. tHESE RIPS ARE NOT IN THE ACTUAL SOFT BLUE TOP BUT IN THE LINER BELOW IT. IS THIS SIMILAR TO YOUR PROBLEM? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE THANKS SO VERY MUCH
    DAN
  • rme78rme78 Posts: 3
    I have been looking at the 06 CLK 500 but am debating on waiting for the 07 550 to come out. Its going to have a much larger engine. I haven't been able to find out any info on how much more those extra horses are going to raise the price. It might be a better deal to just get a great price on the 06 and just sacrifice getting the bigger engine for the best deal? Any info from anyone on what they've heard??
  • I have recently been given the choice of a 1999 clk 320 or my current 2001 S60. The s60 has more mileage, about 110k and the clk has about 70k. The major thing is that the s60 has a ton of great features- tiptronic, cd, buttons on the steering wheel, heated seats- that the clk doesn't have. Of course the clk is a mercedes. If you guys had the choice, which would you do. The help is much appreciated!
  • Any of you MB Clk owners know whether the on board computer that controls directional stability can be manually turned off my the driver the same way as say an Infiniti or is the MB one always on whether the driver wants it or not?
  • I am currently in the market for either a ’02-‘03 CLK 430 Convertible or a ’02-’04 M3 Convertible, both with preferably less than 40K miles. I’ve always admired the sleek and luxurious style of the CLK, and the handling and performance the M3 commands. I’m torn between the two. Any feedback (positive or negative & especially on maintenance cost) from current or previous owners would greatly be appreciated, thanks!
  • tla1963tla1963 Posts: 8
    I have a 06 clk500 cab. The 5.0 liter engine puts out about 305hp and if you look at the stats for the 07 it's similar. I have a 04 audi s4 along with the clk and the clk pulls almost as hard as the s4 so I would look for a new 06 clk and save yourself some BIG$$$$
    I have a new 2006 clk500 cab. Now just seven months old with 7500 miles the top jammed while going up. The rear window was jammed against the inside storage compartment. The weather strip was ripped and the window cracked. The whole top is being replaced as well as all moving parts.
    Anyone else having any top problems?? :sick:
  • oahu50oahu50 Posts: 2
    I just test drove pretty extensively the 2006 clk 350 and the 500. I had the same question you had. I'm debating which car should I purchase. Tell you the truth from a traffic light to traffic light starting from a complete stop, I could'nt tell the difference in the speed, except around the 60-80 mph range, that's when the 302 horses kick end on the clk 500, but the sound of the 500 had me grinning from ear to ear
  • oahu50oahu50 Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me where I can obtain photo's and spec's of the 07 clk 350 with the performance package, and the clk550, I'm desperately debating which car to lease or purchase, Thanks for the help (tommy
    It's a fun car with the sport package BUT is it worth the extra $15k???? All in all you might want to see if you can get a deal on a 06 clk55 since the clk63 is about to come out....might be a good time to steal an 06
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Actually the 07' will have 382hp and 391 lb-ft of torque, quite a difference. The model changes from CLK500 to CLK550.

M
  • I was seriously considering the 06 CLK55 AMG. After a good deal of haggling though, we just couldn't agree on the price. As I was about to bid them good day, the sales rep mentioned that they received an 07 CLK550 yesterday, and that it might be more in my price range. So, I drove it. Holy crap, that thing has just as much, if not more, oompf then the old AMG. The price is about $20k less as well. So frankly, they can keep the AMG, I'll take the CLK550. The AMG has a few more baubles, but for 20k I can live without them I think.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Oh yes the 07' CLK550 has 382hp compared to 362hp and the CLK550 even has more torque so I think you'll be more than happy with a "mere" CLK550! Now don't test drive a CLK63...lol!

M
    Yea don't go near the clk63...it's like heroin or crack..one drive and you're hooked.....BUT my 06clk500 cab has been sitting in the shop for 6 weeks waiting for a new top to be shipped from the factory..has anyone had problems with their tops??
  • Don't worry, I'm staying away from the dealership for a while I hope! I drove the CLK 550 home this evening. Every time I hit the accelerator I kept thinking, "Damn, I haven't had a speeding ticket in 15 years...oh well!" =)
  • What can I do to make this beautiful automobile even slightly functional in the snow. I bought mine new this past September, and have only recently decided to bring it out on snowy roads. I was driving to Northern Michigan yesterday, in a snowstorm. All was well on the interstate, but my street hadn't been plowed, and there was about 8 inches of untracked snow, and 150 yards between me and my driveway. I abandoned the car at the side of the road after struggling to advance about 15 yards. The wheels were spinning, I was trying to rock the car ahead, all to no avail. It was useless. Any advice? I can survive the winter if the roads are plowed, but this deep snow was a show stopper. Thanks.
  • kfishkinkfishkin Posts: 1
    Saw your message; what did the dealer do to fix it and did it happen again. I have a 2005 500CLK- last week the engine, lights, all went out while on the freeway going 0 mph - able to get to side of road. Car is currently at dealer and I'm afraid to drive it again. What has been your experience? Thanks kf
  • ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    can ANY1 TELL< when is the new clk class coming, i mean the next generation clk class??? when is it coming 2008 2009? does any1 know?