Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• skidadleskidadle Member Posts: 17
    I just paid $36m for an 06 LR3 V6 with prem package, cold climate package, and rear seat.
  • brandon4589brandon4589 Member Posts: 1
    They took the $6000 rebate off edmunds and all other car related websites for the 2006's, can you still get a good deal on a 2006?
  • newslangnewslang Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2006 LR3 V8 with almost every option (except 3rd row seat) with $300.00 down and $633.00/mo. for 30 months. Thought I really wanted an SUV. I've always driven small cars. Now I think I made a mistake. I'm in NJ. Anyone interested in taking over the lease????
  • pfolkpfolk Member Posts: 70
    My guess is the rebate notice was removed because there aren't that many '06's left on the lot. If you can find one, you could probably still get the discount. I was trying to make a year-end deal on an '06 LR3 in late December and would have saved about $5,000 on the vehicle (it involved a swap with another dealer out of state and trucking charges), but that deal fell through. Not much left after that except demo's and SE's, although I would think you could still get a hefty discount on them. I couldn't get a break on pricing for an '07 HSE.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    You should be able to get a little bit more off then that. We have been giving 10,000 dollar discounts on all of our LR3 Service loaners/demos since about October of 2006. We always kept our demos below 6,000 miles though so I would shoot for a little over 10,000 dollars of discount.
    There are no hidden incentives on 2007 MY Land Rovers.

Land Rover does not do incentives on vehicles unless it is the end of the model year. At a medium to high volume dealer you could probably buy that car for a couple of grand above invoice but no better.
  • ranirobranirob Member Posts: 2
    Forgive me for not reading this entire blog in its entireity.... However I just signed a lease for 30 months/13,500 miles per year/no money down $860.00 per month including sales and property taxes. The vehicle make is a 2006 SE V8 LR3. It had 33 miles at time of negotiation. I also had a BMW x5 that they paid to get me out of. Nine payments at $730.45. Hmmmmm actually maybe I am wrong. Does this sound right?
  • skidadleskidadle Member Posts: 17
    The lease price sounds high, but I do not have a basis to compare. I just bought a 2006, V6, premium pkg, climate pkg, and rear seat package for $36m. If you can find a V6 they will deal. They applied the full $6,000 incentive to the price.
  • ranirobranirob Member Posts: 2
    It is a V8 SE with cold weather package, bluetooth and satellite radio. I added rear sensors to the bumper and a DVD/entertainment center. Does it still sound high? The dealership wrote me a check to pay off the lease - 6800 and some change.
  • dfarnsworthdfarnsworth Member Posts: 12
    About to pull the trigger on the following lease offer for LR3 SE V8 7 seater:
    24 months
    Package includes cold weather, lights, moonroof, and satelite radio
    MSRP 51,000
    Residual 65% or $33,500 at lease end
    Cap reduction cost: 39,725
    Dont have money factor on me, but can get it for anyone interested.
    My cash contribution to cap reduction is $3,000 and includes all taxes, title, fees
    Land Rover is also picking up 1st month lease payment
    My total monthly lease payment WITh taxes is $385

I've compared against Volvo xc90 and and Honda Pilot leases. Neither seems close (Volvo base model lease is comparable and best Pilot lease is $300 NOT including taxes and both leases will require between $2500-$3,000 down even for best lease deals I could find).

Comments?
  • 1thunder1thunder Member Posts: 9
    Hi

I purchased an LR3 2 weeks back. Love this vehicle, but have an issue with a terrible detail? The vehicle was detailed at the dealer before pick up. I posted earlier about this, and the dealership attempted to correct the situation but it seems worse? In the sunlight The swirls are still present and there seems to be some finer scratching now from the second attempt? The vehicle has dark paint and really looks bad> Am I overreating? What can be done to correct this?
  • gillzgillz Member Posts: 15
    I live in Southern California and during the first week of January purchased a new 2007 model from dealer stock. The vehicle had all the options I wanted, but some not needed as follows :

HSE Package
    Luxury Package
    Heavy Duty Package
    Satellite Radio

MSRP $56,825
    Paid $53,249

This was the only LR3 around in the color I liked, so was surprised that they moved on the price. Was an outright purchase and Capital One 'blank check' feature helped I think as was similar to paying cash. Interest rate 6.25% pa.

Love the vehicle, very comfortable and from a recent trip to the snow, was happy to have the locking differential. Was amazed at what this vehicle plows through ! First 1000miles were fun and look forward to years of enjoyment.
  • gillzgillz Member Posts: 15
    1thunder,

this is of course endemic to dark paint. I have had black cars in the past and there was always some swirling effect present. A couple of treatments that help is to have the vehicle professionally 'clayed' - that is they apply a clay mixture like wax, but the process will fill in the small scratches.

After this is done, the dealer might agree to put a layer of armour coat on your LR3 to compensate. This will help to prevent the swirls from returning after washes.
  • shanchen72shanchen72 Member Posts: 23
    Looks like a great deal. May I ask what is the money factor? was the 3k down required?
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    Dfarnsworth, sounds good, just where I'd like to be on the monthly payment.

I'm in New Jersey, where is your dealer ?

How and when did you apply the $1500 certificate ?

Thanks in advance.
  • bassmiesternjbassmiesternj Member Posts: 48
    bump
  • jenbenaf23jenbenaf23 Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I just leased a new LR3 V8 fully loaded SE. We were able to lease it for 545/mo including taxes. It's a 30 month lease w/ 10500 miles a year. It's our first leasing experience and we think that we did good but aren't sure. MSRP was 54100 on the car and I think our final negotiated price was 46k or so. Our money factor is equivalent to 2 percent interest. What do you guys think?
  • readyalreadyreadyalready Member Posts: 22
    I think your negotiated price sounds good, I've seen different money factors so that part may be so so, but if you're happy then be happy.

Where is your dealer? I thought I'd found one but it was sold so I think I'm still looking.
  • amcinkamcink Member Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone
    Yes! Take over my Lease $585 or buy it at 46.5K only 1,100 miles. Original MSRP 56K - 2006 LR3 SE V8 - 29 months - 36K residual fully loaded.
    All leather seats, Bluetooth, V8 triptonic, seat warmer-front and rear, electric seats, third row seat, Navigation System, rear sensor, xenon ligths, red color and tan interiors, harmon kardon sound system, all weather floor mats front,back and third row seat. It has it all.
    Email me for details.
    Thanks
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Is this the one you just leased last month? What happened, don't you like it anymore?
  • amcinkamcink Member Posts: 5
    Hello All
    Yes! is the one I got last month. Nothing wrong with it and I have literate fallen in love with it. Is just that I was approve for the house that we want it and I still have to keep my existing house. Therefore two mortgages to maintain for a good while until there is a turn in the market and that is the reason.
    I'm buying a larger home to have space for my parents since they will be moving with us.
    It definetly hurts since I found out that this is a great SUV.
    Thanks
  • vidamanvidaman Member Posts: 3
    Are you still trying to get out of it? Any incentives? Are you looking to recoup any costs or a simple transfer?
  • vidamanvidaman Member Posts: 3
    My local West Palm Beach dear is offering $10k off the msrp for V6 SE. This brings it to roughly $32k. Should I jump on this?

Not sure if I can get the additional $1500 internet deal on top of it...?
  • brunybruny Member Posts: 7
    Today I Leased a 2006 V8 SE 7 seat black/black fairly loaded with exception of no nav and dvd. Has cold weather package, trailer hitch, xenon, rain sensor wipers, etc

24 month lease @ 420 per month...i paid taxes up front, otherwise no money down. car was a service loaner with 3100 miles. msrp was 51,000. i think i got a fairly nice lease deal. i drove and researched every other suv in class and nothing was close to this price. Fields Land Rover in Winnetka, IL
  • 50k50k Member Posts: 10
    I have been shopping LR3 vs. Nissan Pathfinder and like the deal you got. I am shopping at Fields LR here in Wisconsin.
    Do you have any concerns about LR3's JD Power or Consumer reports ratings? I like the ride, but coming off a bulletproof
    4Runner, it would be difficult to have a truck that I have in the shop every month.
    What time of the month did you do your lease ?
    I also like the 2yr lease, seems to be a LR exclusive.
    GREAT PAYMENT FOR THE CAR !
  • brunybruny Member Posts: 7
    I dont have the concerns about reliability. I have owned a LR before and am aware that they need TLC. Also, as long as the car is in warranty, the things that have gone wrong are ticky-tacky. IMHO the LR3 is 10x the car of the pathfinder or 4runner. enjoy whatever you get
    bruny

Thanks for the info. I read a post that required a brake job @ 25k miles (in the warranty period but not covered) that the owner had to pay for. That's quite steep for a two year old car.I would think LR would like to make good and help the guy out, however they told him he was fortunate they did not go out at 12k !
    JD Power and Consumer reports data is usually correct as they rate Lr and it's dealers very poor.

However, I do agree with your assessment of the LR 3 construction. It seems put together well with nice interior features, all that I want.

LR also has a 2 yr lease deal and will waive the sec deposit if you do the deal thru LR Capital Group.They make it easy to get into.

They are owned by ford, one manufacturer that I will not consider.

Any new car is a chance, maybe I will be lucky and get one made on a good manufacturing day.

Still deciding

Thanks
  • sector12sector12 Member Posts: 5
    I am tyring to determine if the following is a good lease deal for a 2007 LR3 V8 SE with cold climate package and bi-xenon headlights and rear park-assist. 30 month lease with 10.5K miles per year. Lease would be $625 per month with a drive off payment of $2,200.

The lease on my 2004 LR3 SE is expiring soon, and I need to decide whehter to purchase my current car ($35,780 with a refundable security deposit of $750).
  • jenbenaf23jenbenaf23 Member Posts: 2
    I think that the price is a little steep and I think with some haggling that you could get a much better deal. My husband and I leased the exact same thing that you're looking at (30 months/10.5k a year)except it was a 2006. We pay 545/month with taxes and only the first months payment down. We did do it a couple of months ago with some incentive offers but the offer is still good until the end of April. Check LandRover's webstie. If you can deal with getting the 06 instead of the 07 you're saving quite a bit of money and not having to put so much down. Also get two dealerships competing that's how we did it. Hope this helps!
  • southpaw75southpaw75 Member Posts: 33
    50k - did you end up buying from Fields in Madison? I am dealing with them right now but they are being a bit evasive over the phone. I was just wondering who you dealt with there. Apparently Bob the sales manager is going to call me later today with some numbers. I hope to get a similar deal to the person who leased from Fields in Winnetka, IL.
    southpaw75- I was at fields LR in Brookfield,WI. i dealt with Peter. He used the team method, as I meet all of the sales staff. They knew their product well.
    I decided against LR Products as there are better choices for reliability vs.LR. Too much negative research to take a chance. Good Luck ! :lemon:
    2006 LR3 V8 SE 7 pass. with Lighting package, Climate, Satellite Radio. No Nav. 5800 miles service loaner
    24 month/12k per year @ $460 including tax. Only first payment due at signing. Money factor is .00045
    What do you think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Wow... looks great!!

Any idea of the original MSRP? $47K?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

$51,400 original msrp
    Even on a demo... heck, especially on a demo... That is a great lease price..

Good job!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx - It looked good to me too. I just wanted some confirmation that it was a good deal.
    If that is the vehicle you want, and the lease parameters fit your driving needs, and 12 MPG doesn't bother you ;) , then I would say you couldn't do better..

Since it is a 2-year lease, then the demo aspects shouldn't matter, as it will be under warranty the entire time..

$460/mo. for a $50K vehicle, tax included with around $1000 due at signing? On a 2-year lease? Your mother would be proud of you... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• devinmdevinm Member Posts: 1
    Just received some pricing on a couple LR3s. Both are 2006 HSE Demos. . . any thoughts how much lower I could push them?

First:
    Cold Climate
    Sirius
    Navigation
    MSRP: $54,300
    Offer: $41,995

Second:
    Luxury Package
    Sirius
    Navigation
    MSRP: $56,250
    Offer: $42,995
    Yup the last couple hundred 2006 MY LR3 Demos have outstanding lease deals.

Keep in mind that the 460 dollars a month payment include property tax if your state has property tax.
    Really? That would save me $700-$800 per year on a $50K car..

Wow..

Hmmm.... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yup and it is based off the selling price so in CT if you buy a $50k left over model for around $40k then your property tax is only 40 bucks a month.
    Just took delivery of an 06 V8 SE with 3rd row/climate package, lighting package and sirius radio. It was a service loaner with just over 4k miles. Looked it over very thoroughly before buying and it was pristine. Tire wear looked fine. It is the grey with black interior. So far, very happy. Love the truck and it is my first time owning a V8. Wow. Love the sound of it.
    Got it for $470/month including taxes. Only first payment down. 24/24k mile lease. I think I got a good deal for a 2 year lease. I did notice on my lease contract that it has a $395 disposition fee if I turn it in at lease expiration. Didn't catch that when I signed. I wonder if that is a Land Rover thing or if the dealer added that themselves.
    All in all, a good buying experience from LR Hoffman Estates, IL
    Disposition fees are pretty standard on almost every bank's leasing contract.. Which does add a little to the monthly cost, especially when figured over a shorter term lease..

Is that with Illinois sales tax? If so, that is still cheap..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Well, this is my 4th lease and it is the first one where I've seen a disposition fee. So it caught my attention but unfortunately it wasn't until after the fact.
    It is with Wisconsin tax as I live in southern WI. 5.5% rate. Just got back from a short drive and I absolutely love this vehicle. I am finding all sorts of little pockets and places for things that my previous cars/van did not have.
  • jjthompsonjjthompson Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for that same deal... I am in AR and I am willing to travel for a good deal. Can you give me the name of the salesperson that you dealt with?
    Sure, his name was Carson. Nice guy and very helpful. They did have some left but I can't remember what colors or options they had. Just call the Hoffman Estates Land Rover and ask for him.
  • jjthompsonjjthompson Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, will do!
  • tryingtobuyonetryingtobuyone Member Posts: 9
    CarMan

I am close to leasing a 07 LR3 HSE with Lux and HD package. List is 56725..After rebates and incentives approx 48K. 1900 down ( first payment/Docs and bank fees) 24 months/18K miles.

814/mo..Incl tx Loaner w/1200 miles

Ihave placed deposit.. Is this a good deal?

I would like to make a decision tomorrow or latest Sat.

Thanks in advance.
  • jwgmdjwgmd Member Posts: 6
    Just wondering if this is a good lease deal on a 2007 LR3 SE with satellite radio, no navigation
    Monthly- 289 +tax, drive off total $6000, 10500miles/yr, 24 month lease
    MSRP 49850, invoice 45937
    Are there better deals out ther in the LA area? What are the current incentives and or rebates??
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    I'm looking at 07' loaners the dealers are trying to move. Here's a quote, no negotiation (yet);

07' LR3 SE with approx. 5K miles
    -Lighting Package
    -Cold Climate
    -Blue Tooth
    -Sat. Radio

MSRP-51,800
    Sell--45,500

Has anyone gone the loaner route? What numbers below invoice/MSRP are you getting?

Bo.
This discussion has been closed.