Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Got a few offers this evening...

07' LR3 SE loaner, 5K miles, lighting/cold climate/sat radio/blu.tth-41,5K (2 available)
    07' LR3 SE loaner, 5K miles, lighting/cold climate/sat radio/blu.tth-42K (4 available)

I contacted just 2 dealers and they seem ready to deal. Anyone have lease numbers;
    residuals/money factors for July?

Anyone think there's more room to maneuver here? I wish I could get some feedback from others looking right now.

Bo
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Just got info from the biggest US Land Rover dealer that LR is now giving discounts of 6K on the 07' LR3 SE, and 7K on 07 LR3 HSE Loaners. Combined with lease money of 2325. this becomes a super deal. Loaners must be in 'loaner mode' for a minimum of 120 days. At this point, Land Rover will compensate the dealer for being out of commision, so the dealer is still making money on the loaners. They will sell loaners at invoice or less, so don't believe it if the dealer says 'we're losing money on the deal'; they're not.

I offered 10K off on an 07' loaner SE and the two salesmen I talked to didn't flinch, and you can get more off the HSE.

Bo
  • gracieloogracieloo Member Posts: 2
    Hi.. I'm about to lease a NEW LR3 SE w/light and cold climate pkg for $585 month/15k miles/year $1,700 total out of pocket. Is this good?
  • maverick8maverick8 Member Posts: 25
    Apologies gracieloo but I seem to have chopped the message off as I sent (without noticing!:-()

Anyway, sounds a great deal to me. I wonder where that monthly could have gone down to with only 10.5k miles PA?

I may have left it too late (lack of 07 stock in or near CA) but I was also looking for an even more aggressive deal. I guess I am going to be signing for something other than an LR3.
  • kmassokmasso Member Posts: 9
    I just purchased an '07 LR3 SE V8 with 19 miles on it for $11,300 off sticker ($51,800 sticker price) at Bob Moore Land Rover in Oklahoma City. I shopped around quiet a bit and couldn't find a better deal. This price was without the Land Rover customer loyalty discount which I had planned on using but the dealer said it was not available on the '07.
    Hey Bodid, was that an outright purchase or did you lease / finance?
    My deal at $11,300.00 off sticker was an outright purchase.
  • dwwsdwws Member Posts: 14
    Hi kmasso:

I was wondering: how did you get to your selling price of $11,300 off of MSRP? I assume that this includes the $6000 incentive that Land Rover is currently offering, but that still seems like a great price and I'd like to duplicate it here in New Jersey, if possible. I have gotten a quote on a 2007 LR3 SE Loaner, 4700 miles, MSRP $54,500, selling price $49,500 and then, with addition of Land Rover Lease Cash of $2325 selling price comes to $47,175. The Lease is for 24 months (dealer said that was the best term, price-wise), 10,500 miles per year. The residual value is %64 and the money factor is .00131. This ends up costing $673.91 per months with taxes, etc. included. Now, that seems ridiculously high to me. Land Rover is offering a deal of $699/month for a ***NEW*** LR3 with Cold Climate Package, Bluetooth Telephone option and Xenon headlights! I really need some advice here! Can I add/use the $6000 Land Rover "Cash to Dealer" on a lease? And if not, why does Edmunds list the TMV pricing report on the same LR3 SE that I'm looking at as $46,567? Help. please. Also, where did you get your deal, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks in advance for your help (I really don't want to get ripped-off!)

David in NJ (DWWS)
    Forgot to mention:

The Edmunds TMV price report on the LR3 SE like mine is $606 *LESS* than my quote of $47,175 and the Edmunds price is for a NEW LR3 and my quote is for a loaner with 4700 miles!

David in NJ (DWWS)
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    You are making a couple of typical consumer mistakes.

1. You can't take the dealer cash and the special lease. The dealer cash is already built into the lease through the 2,325 dollars of lease cash and the special .00131 money factor. That money factor translates into an interest rate of 3.144 percent. How do you think Land Rover gets that interest rate down to half or so of the average new car borrowing rates? They buy down the money factor with cash using the balance of that 6,000 dollars of dealer cash left over from the 2,325 dollars.

2. You aren't comparing like car to like car. The 699 lease is on a LR3 with a MSRP of around 51,000 dollars. You are leasing a car with a almost 4,000 dollars more equipment. Also the advertised lease probably does not include tax. Rarely do advertised leases include tax because it can change depending on where you do the lease.

You are leasing a more expensive car for less then the ad price including tax.!!!!! That 699 lease with taxes is probably in the mid to high 700 range depending on if you have property tax in New Jersey.
    Thanks British Rover:

My only question then is: is there any way to get a deal similar to the ones mentioned by kmasso and Bodid? They both mention that they got $10,000 - $11,300 off sticker price on their deals. I am still about $3000 away from that point. There is a dealer in Virginia who is advertising a new 2007 LR3 HSE with Cold Climate Package for $41,997 and a new 2007 LR3 SE with no options packages for $41,050. Do you think that is a reasonable price to shoot for in NJ on those types of cars? That is less than the selling price of my quote on a Loaner LR3 with 5000 miles on it and, in the case of the HSE, isn't that a little closer to a similarly equipped car? Also, how can an HSE be less than an SE with fewer options? I know that these are stupid questions, but this is only my second time leasing a car (I moved from Manhattan to NJ 4 years ago and I never needed a car in NYC). Any help would be most appreciated. I would really like to determine what the absolute lowest lease price is that I can achieve for an LR3 (which is exactly what everyone else wants, too, I guess!)

Thank you in adavance for your help; I cannot afford to waste any money here (3 small children tend to eradicate anything that might be considered "disposable income"!)

David in NJ (DWWS)
  • arik5966arik5966 Member Posts: 3
    David,

I got the following deal in NJ a week ago:

2007 LR3 SE V8 Buckingham Blue with Alpaca interior, Tech, cold and lighting package.
    24 months with 10,500 miles per year
    MSRP is $54,500
    Capped at $49,110
    Montly before TAX $681.95
    $1784 due at signing which includes motor vehicle and doc fees as well as NY sales tax(NY at 8.375%).
    The money factor is .00106
    resd. 64 lease end value $34,880
    The bank fee and first month is waived

I Used $1500 coupon to cover initial payment.

Hope this helps
    Thank you so much arik!

Where did you go for this deal? Was the $1500 coupon in addition to the $2325 "Lease Money"? Was your LR3 new, or was it a "Loaner" with minimal miles on it (around 5,000?) I'm sorry for all the queries, but I really need to figure this stuff out.

Thanks so much and congratulations on your new Land Rover!

David in NJ (DWWS)
    That 10,000-11,300 dollars off were on out right purchases though. You can't combine the 6,000 dollars in dealer cash with the special lease.

I think you could grand or so off the purchase price of that LR3 but no more.

Tell them to rework the lease with a selling price after the lease cash of 46,000 even and see what they say.
    Thanks British Rover! I'll give that a shot! Also, do you think I ought to call the dealer in Virginia and see about leasing one of those Land Rovers? Wouldn't the lease cost be less with the lower advertised selling prices? Just wondering....?

Thanks again; I'll keep you posted!

David in NJ (DWWS)
  • tryingtobuyonetryingtobuyone Member Posts: 9
    In May, I leased a 1200 mile loaner 07. LR3 HSE List 56100 sold for 48K. 1700 down, 24 months 18k/yr. 790 INCLUDING TAX. I got this in NJ in Princeton.
    Again, my deal for $11,300 off sticker ($40,500 purchase price)was based on an outright purchase on a vehicle that stickered at $51,800 with the bluetooth, lighting and cold climate packages. The dealer told me that invoice was something like $47,500 which was $200 higher than the invoice price that I cam up with on Edmunds. With the $6K factory to dealer discount that took dealer cost down to $41,500 and then I asked for the $1k owner loyalty discount as I have owned two other rovers and figured I could produce copies of titles and get the discount. The dealer told me that Land Rover was not offering the customer loyalty discount on the '07 models so they wouldn't give me the discount and said that my offer of $40,500 was below thier cost. I told the dealer that I would just find a pre-owned '07 or a service loaner as I had seen both priced in the high $39K range and the dealer called me back 10 minutes later and said come pick up the car at the $40,500 price. When I saw the dealers worksheet it appeared that they registered the vehicle as a demo to take advantage of another Land Rover incentive and to make the deal profitable for the dealer - I don't know exactly how they worked it out but I know that the car only had 19 miles on it when I pulled off the lot. I would imagine that Land Rover gives the dealer an incentive of a few more thousand dollars on top of the $6K for demos and service loaners. Good luck with the lease.
  • arik5966arik5966 Member Posts: 3
    David:

I got it from Woodbridge. The $1500 coupon was in addition to the "Lease Money"? The LR3 i got was new with 9milles on it. Check with LR Paramus they had few in stock and were willing to match my deal. So, far I'm enjoying the Land Rover!
    Good Luck.
    Thanks Kmasso, really appreciate you taking the time to post your experience, thoughts and facts. I have more or less given up on the LR3 as an option and we have been looking at laternatives. The main challenge is obviously that we cannot seem to find a way of combining a anywhere near the great selling price like this, with an aggressive lease deal.

If anyone reading this can talk agressive discounts and a good MF / Residual then let me know ASAP. Great credit, no trade and am willing to travel for the right deal! (CA based).

Thanks again everyone for great information and insight.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Sounds good. Especially for a 2 Year Lease. I have noticed 2 years leases are pretty expenive.

Our 2005 Lexus 330 is about to go back.

We are looking at the Lexus GX 470, but we did look at the LR3 back in January and really liked it, but didnt want to pay what the dealer was offering.

We would like to get an 07 LR3 HSE with 18K miles a year and be under or around $600 for 36 months. Do you think this will be possible?
    We would like to get an 07 LR3 HSE with 18K miles a year and be under or around $600 for 36 months. Do you think this will be possible?

No not a chance. You might be able to get a LR3 SE without Nav for that price without putting a ton of money down but that is it.

You do realize the HSE LR3 is over 55,000 dollars right? A 55,000 dollar car doesn't lease for 600 bucks a month for 18,000 miles a year without a ton of money down.

I sold an ex-service loaner LR3 SE with nav last week. I think the lease on tha tone is about as close as you will get.

With property and sales tax the lease was a little over 700 dollars a month for 15,000 miles a year and 2,500 dollars down.
  • torrential239torrential239 Member Posts: 1
    wanting to purchase a preowned LR3....dealer offered 2005 black on black lr3 se model w/ cold climate package but only the 5 passenger @29488. New to this.... Is this a good deal with 21500K for miles?
  • newcomer3newcomer3 Member Posts: 13
    offer 1: HSE with Luxury pack MSRp 56K dealer quoted 48K
    offer 2; SE with Teck Pack, fully loaded, MSRP: 54K Dealer quoted 43?
    without further talk with the dealer, Which one to take?
  • amheck1amheck1 Member Posts: 44
    Hi everyone,

I contacted the local dealer for a price on a lease for a LR3. They gave me the "standard" offer now, which is on a 2008 LR3 SE, $4000 down, $599 plus tax a month, 36 months and 10,500 miles per year.

I assuming they are going off the MSRP of this truck? Are all of these terms negotiable, or are they set by the Land Rover Finance group? I'm fine with the lease length and miles, but would certainly like to get into the lease with as little money out of pocket, or bring down the monthly payment a little.

Thanks!
    Aaron
  • kbusamkbusam Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you get this offer with?
  • mmeadermmeader Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in an 2008 LR3 HSE fully loaded. The dealership is quoting me $54,979 on a $58,750 MSRP.
    Is this a good deal?
  • amheck1amheck1 Member Posts: 44
    2 of the local dealers here were offering loaners for $10K off MSRP, but that was at the end of last year, so they might have up'd it a little bit to try and get rid of them by EOY. FWIW....
  • jayricciojayriccio Member Posts: 1
    Is $9k off MSRP a good deal for a service loaner? I live in Mass, looking at an 08' HSE w/Lux Pkg/Sirius w/4k miles. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • blade5blade5 Member Posts: 1
    The Atlanta Dealerships claim that the "Landrover Way" is not to negotiate and they claim that everyone pays MSRP. In reading some of the posts here, its unclear to me. I would like to buy a brand new 08 LR3. My company participates in the X-Plan. I spoke with a local dealer and they said that X-plan will typically bring the price down to between $1,400 and $1,800 off of MSRP depending on the X-Plan type- A, Z, or X. That doesn’t seem like a tremendous amount to me and my first thought was well if I could negotiate the price, I could probably do better. My questions are – 1) Do dealers negotiate on price for new vehicles? 2) If so, is the X-Plan really a benefit or just smoke and mirrors? Thanks.
  • pfolkpfolk Member Posts: 70
    I don't think you are likely to see much flexibility on price unless you are at model year end and they are clearing out demonstrators or less desireable vehicles. We have seen some additional promotions to take off $1,500 or so if you buy from available dealer inventory. If you are like me and you want a specific option package and color that aren't sitting on the lot, get out your checkbook.

I purchased two LR vehicles from the United Auto Group dealerships here in the Phoenix area. UAG throws in a small customer loyalty bonus that ranges from $500 to $1,000, and I think I got them to throw in the load area mat on my last LR3, which is a few bucks more. Otherwise, I don't try to drive a hard bargain as I want dealer support if I have a problem. So far so good.

I think the other impediment to price shopping is that you usually can't play off one dealer against another unless you're willing to go outside your area. UAG owns both LR dealerships in Phoenix, and I'm not going to go out of town to save a few bucks.
  • socalrover1socalrover1 Member Posts: 2
    After much research, i finally pulled the trigger on a 2008 LR3 HSE fully loaded. My final purchase was $54,979 on a $58,750 MSRP. I did all the negotiating via email or on the phone. I got a little nervous towards the end because their was only one HSE with the heavy duty package left in Southern CA. Every dealership was trying to get me into a SE. The buying experience at LR Mission Viejo was great! I'm enjoying the LR3 around town, but I ready to get it dirty up in Mammoth next weekend!
  • havebluehaveblue Member Posts: 7
    I'm in Northern Virginia and I'm looking to lease an HSE w/ the Lux package. Anyone know what the money factor / residuals are looking like? I'm looking at doing a 12k/yr for 24 to 36 months.

If I can get them to take $55k or $2k off would I be getting a great deal or just so-so?

Any idea what dealer incentives they have going on? Edmunds.com doesn't show any but both dealers have mentioned that there is some "lease cash" out there.

I'm waiting on initial lease quotes from two dealers. No one is being terribly responsive.
  • monisanmonisan Member Posts: 1
    Has tech and cold climate packages.

Total monthly = $600
    Total out of pocket = $2500

We're in Bloomfield, NJ.

Good deal???
  • gracieloogracieloo Member Posts: 2
    Did you go to Prestige Land Rover???? If not go! Ask for Mani and he will get the best deal for you!!
  • 1stlexus1stlexus Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a "Executive Demo" from Chicago-land LR dealer with 5k miles. The MSRP sticker was $57,950, paid $41k, took about 3 minutes of negotation so I probably left a little money on the table as well for the dealer. The lease factors were horrible (30% residual and 9% interest rate for 36 months), so just bought it outright.
  • jimmyroverjimmyrover Member Posts: 1
    in same boat right now, looking at '08 LR3 HSE sticker at $61k, demo w/ 11k mls...working down to $45k offer to me....any good? you happy with vehicle?
  • moejojojomoejojojo Member Posts: 10
    I just drove the 2008 LR3 HSE. Nice vehicle but not the right vehicle for me. Salesman told me there is currently an $8000 incentive on the 2008 LR3s. Should be some great deals out there. Just FYI. I was at Paul Miller LR in Paramus, NJ. Good luck.
  • mustang5507mustang5507 Member Posts: 2
    We got a 2005 SE for $21k before all the other fees at Hornburg on Sunset. At the time we bought, they offered to match any lower price on a comparable car at another dealer, so shopping around was a good deal. It was certified pre-owned, so came with a 75k mile warranty, and the truck itself was in immaculate condition. The carfax also came back clean, and the service at Hornburg was spot on with what one would expect from a high-end dealership.

With the recent high price of gas, residual values of SUV's has tanked, so going pre-owned a year or two would save you a lot of money on the bottom line, and you'll still get a generally good vehicle.
  • FlaGuy4runnerFlaGuy4runner Member Posts: 4
    All,

My 2002 Range Rover was going out of warranty and a lease on another car was expiring so I need two cars at once.

Maybe I could have even done better going out of state (I am in FL) but what LR did was unbelievable on the 2008 BRAND NEW LR3s:

2008HSE Java Black with Satellite radio and full (three row plus cargo) heavy duty LR rubber mats:

Sticker: $55,600
    Bought: $39,500

2008 SE Gray with bi-xenons and satellite radio and full rubber mats as above

Sticker: $50,800
    Bought $34,500

These are less than 4Runner prices!

Even better, my dealers were honest and told me to buy my land rover assured exclusionary extended warranty (including tire road hazard coverage) out-of-state because there was a $1K rebate that Florida dealers could not honor.

So, contacted a Colo. dealer and got the 7year/100K max warranty for each car, with the $1K rebate, and the dealer even gave an additional $400 off for each warranty (total, $3,600 each). Still not cheap but way off retail prices for these warranties.

I bought before Dec 31 but I think there are still deals like this, if you can still find any 2008s.

Also, the 2008s included the first six factory services for free and the 2009s do not.

What amazing deals, unheard of for LR (I have been a LR owner since 1995 and never seen anything like it).

Even got the 1.9% 60 month financing on one of them!

LandRoverGuy, Florida
  • parkaveslackerparkaveslacker Member Posts: 6
    were these prices "out the door?"

also, did you buy them in FLA? What is the best state to purchase in?

I want a used 2008 LR3 and have found 30 within 50 miles of me but they all seem priced around $36k? any thoughts on what I should be paying?
    These were selling prices. Tax, tag, title separate.

I bought at Land Rover Fort Lauderdale and Land Rover North Dade, these are in south Florida.

The Colorado dealer I got the warranties from said he had new 2008 LR3s at similar or maybe even higher discounts (but I prefer a good relationship with a dealer close by). I think it was Land Rover Flatirons.

These were over 2 months ago, though, so I don't know what is available. It is true that, on Auto Trader, I did see used 2008s priced higher than what I paid, but if there are no new ones left then you are stuck.

Good luck!

Guy
  • enya07enya07 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

My LR3 lease is up in May. It doesn't look like any good lease rates on the horizon, so am looking to purchase my next LR3. I have started my search early as I want to take advantage of the low prices on the '08 LR3 demo's. "Red Tag" prices are around $36k, but one dealer told me that they are working with every client on price. I have asked them to come in at $30k for a '08 LR3 SE demo w/ cold climate and blue tooth (MSRP of around $51k).

Two questions to the forum:
    1) is it realistic to expect a dealer to go down to $30k?
    2) should I be in a hurry to buy or will the current inventory of '08's not deplete until May (and increase my negotiating leverage)?
    I posted above on what I got on brand new 2008s (not demos). You should get less for demos. I was offered them at $1,500 less than new (so, yes, $30 K might be do-able if you find a desperate dealer). Everything is running low as far as I know because people are waking up to the great deals. Even in December, I found very few LR3s around the country. Wait until May at your own risk.

BE CAREFUL ON THE DEMOS, though. These vehicles are already in-service for warranty purposes. On the two demos my dealer could locate, mileage was low (around 5-6K) but one year of the warranty had expired. This is a huge issue given the cost and, sometimes, frequency of repairs. If you plan to buy and trade in a couple of years, no problem. If you keep for a long time like I do (I warrantied mine for 7/100K), or if you private sell to maximize your value, then this is a real issue and, to me, more than worth it to pay more for brand new and have the full warranty.

Good hunting!
  • parkaveslackerparkaveslacker Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2008 LR3 with Bluetooth and Cold Climate Package for $37.5k new in the SF Bay Area. I felt I might have saved a bit more but it was a long day as they attempted to take a trade in on my 99 Discovery Series II (70k miles) at $2k to make up the margin.

In the end I separated the deals (kept the Series II for now) and didn't budge on price. They had 3 new LR3s on the lot and I got the gray/black exterior/interior colors I sought.

So far I am happy on the car (at $14k below MSRP) and hope to drive it for the next 10 years like my last one. Now I need to find some of the aftermarket accessories at a better price.
  • kennyyukennyyu Member Posts: 16
    lookin to buy new lr3 se for $36-37 thousand range which would mean about $15000 off msrp.......any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
  • lr3maniaclr3maniac Member Posts: 7
    i'm in the same boat. i have seen some new 2008 lr3s listed at 36000 so I think you can do better.. maybe low 30s
  • kennyyukennyyu Member Posts: 16
    really? mind telling me which dealer and when did you see this lr3? $36-37 is what i hope to pay for this new lr3. your info will be greatly appreciated. i'm in charleston sc area...maybe we should band together and get 2 lr3s for greater leverage.
  • shmulershmuler Member Posts: 8
    One week ago I got a 2008 LR3 SE with all options (technology package, sirius and telephone integration, cold climate package, bi-xenon head lights). The car was a demo with 3,300 miles has the full warrantly as if new and includes dealer service I think every 7,500 miles. Final price was $33k. I think that this is a great deal and an easy as can be transaction. It was listed for $34k and I offered $33k maybe I could have squeezed out another couple hundred bucks but I had been looking for a few weeks and was getting tired of the game. Love the car and will keep our fingers crossed on LR issues that everyone mentions. At this price much cheaper than a lease, should be worth about $16-$18k after 3 years and 36k miles.
  • lr3maniaclr3maniac Member Posts: 7
    well i finally pulled the trigger. disappointed that they wouldnt move on their price but i got a brand new lr3 with cold climate, sat/bluetooth, and lighting package for 35.9K i balked at the price for 3 days and they wouldnt move and couldnt find a better deal in the area. dealer was in northern nj.
This discussion has been closed.