Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kandgkandg Member Posts: 53
    Hi Grommet, i notice you also post on another rover forum, sorry if some of the questions i asked here were redundant..regarding the price i paid, i am overseas and there is an expatriate program available to us that allows us to buy at a very good discount. Program is similar to European delivery offered by all the euro nameplates such as Volvo, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes etc. After buying several cars and brands overseas, I would never ever consider purchasing from a stateside dealer again. Ordering a car to spec from the factory is a much better buying experience. Also, you save $$$ . I recently picked up the Euro Sat Nav Disc for 32 BP Sterling..and saved about $330 U.S. from the dealer price. I played with the Nav system extensively for the first time and even though it is comprehensive, the aftermarket ones (such as Hertz "neverlost") are just as good and actually easier to use. So that might be something for other future LR3 owners/buyers to consider. Another tiny annoyance is the need to "agree" to the Land Rover Lawyer Collective, everytime you start the truck and Nav System. I would also prefer a combo touchscreen and column stalk input device such as those on BMW's and Volvo's.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    we don't allow requests for information about individual salespeople.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    Have the dealers started coming down on price, or are the HSEs still pulling full sticker? We're just about ready to buy...
    Thanks...
  • bhaybhay Member Posts: 3
    I'm replacing my wife's 95 Mitsubishi Montero and have narrowed the search down to Lexus GX470 and LR3. I'm intrigued by the LR3 and just noticed an $1500 incentive on V8 models that might sway me considering the Lexus folks are quite proud of their product (and the prices reflect that!) Does anyone have a V6 LR3 and is it worth saving about $1500 when you consider the V8 incentive? My Mitsubishi is also painfully slow so it wouldn't be a big change. Thanks.
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    bhay,
    please explain the $1500 V8 incentive. I don't understand.
    thanks
  • lrfanlrfan Member Posts: 3
    The 6 is awesome! The six-speed transmission really helps and it is really quick enough for us. Mileage still not great so far-13-14 in city. We have the white/alpaca which is nice.o problems yet at 3 weeks/1000 miles. Impressed that it has real dual exhausts and the car is a head turner. Purchased at Darien land Rover in CT. 24 month lease. $575 monthly inclusing sales,personal property tax and $4500 down which included $503 for hitch and wiring. Good luck!! (Way better to get the first year of a car that will look new for awhile than one of the last years of a model's life which is true of the Lexus)
  • mlymly Member Posts: 1
    do you have a website or any info about buying direct from factory (Land Rover). Can I buy direct if I live in the U.S.?
    I don't know for sure if you can buy under the same program i purchased. I'm overseas and a Dept of Def. employee so it is an incentive however most companies such as BMW, Porsche, Volvo, Saab, Mercedes, Audi and maybe Land Rover have such incentive programs such as European Delivery. Land Rover offers free home shipping too which, for example, BMW does not but with BMW, it's worked into the price of the car (about 760$ U.S. through E.H. Harms in Munchen shipped from Bremerhaven to stateside).

Your best bet is to contact land rover directly at their website and see if they have Euro delivery. Wait time is nothing for SE's in the showrooms. About 6 months for custom built and ordered cars. It is an expensive car in Europe because of engine displacement and insurance so they aren't selling very well in Germany.

Euro delivery usu. saves you about $3000-$10000 U.S. which in turn pays for your trip overseas to pick up the car. They usu. give you euro plates and insurance for approx. 30 days where you can enjoy it, then you drive it to a delivery point which preps, ships and sends to your stateside dealer for pickup. It's worth it if it's an option to you. The other option is eBay :D
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    Land Rover, unlike BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. does not offer a general public "European delivery" program. Sorry, dealer deliveries only.
    If you look at Edmunds pricing information, there is a link to incentives. Evidently, Land Rover is giving dealers $1500 for each V8 LR3. I haven't been to my dealership since I learned this information. I'll be curious to see how that relates to the bottom line. Hope this clears things up a bit.
    Thanks for the gouge. I've seen 9 mpg for the V8 so 13-14 is actually quite good. I'm moving to the Seattle area and premium is running about $2.70 so every little bit helps. Any chance you got the third seat package?
    Yes, that is must have. Resale will be better, I think. Excellent set up with rear climate control. Worth the money. Mileage not as good as thought. Cancel the 13-14 and plan on 12.5-13. No highway yet though and car is new. I think we'll buy it after the lease. Good luck.
  • bezoarbezoar Member Posts: 1
    I have the V8 SE. Currently at almost 14K miles. Averaging just over 14mpg. this includes both hwy and city. 2 long trips.
  • manoftastemanoftaste Member Posts: 51
    Sylvia, i know i am replying to this quite a a bit late as i have just joined this forum. I wanted to ask you what you meant by invoice (sorry, i am new to this). also, you said that you paid about $3000 off sticker, does that mean that you were able to negotiate with the dealer and the dealer slashed the price by three grands. I am asking this as I am going to be most likely purchasing from the same dealer (although, i can go to Manhattan's dealer as well). I have already visited the Glen Cove dealership once for a peak, etc.
  • lr34uslr34us Member Posts: 1
    we just bought a '05 - V6 LR3, with the premium, 3rd row seat, and rear climate control packages and i feel like we got a good deal from land rover jaguar anaheim hills(LRJAH) in california. we worked with Medi and he was fantastic. we chose the V6 because of the price difference, a little better gas milage, and also didn't think we need 300 hp. 216 is plenty for us.
    we've been looking for months and narrowed our choices to volvo xc-90, mercedes ml-350, toyota sequioa, and LR3 and felt like LR3 provides the TRUE all-around SUV features, luxury, better interior, ....
    now, we'll wait and see. only time will tell if LR3 is what they claim it is.
    good luck.
  • LandRoverOwnerLandRoverOwner Member Posts: 24
    Don't believe everything you read online about incentives. There is currently a $1500 owner loyalty incentive on V6s, or $1000 on V8s. There is absolutely not $1500 on V8s for any reason.
  • grendalflygrendalfly Member Posts: 21
    if there isn't $1500.00 back on V8's then why was I offered it last weekend and told it was either that or the 3.9% financing?
    With the $1500.00 my price on a HSE was at dealer invoice.
    There isn't 3.9% financing any more, either. Those programs ended July 6th. These WERE programs, but are over.
    Except LRNA extended both programs to 9/31/05...
    No, they really didn't.
    So I guess you are correct and the LRNA website is wrong.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3.9% APR on 2005 LR3 V8
    LR3 V8
    Starts at $44,995*
    3.9% APR
    Up to 60 months APR finance†

Tread lightly!® Drive responsibly off-highway. ©2005 Land Rover North America, Inc. *2005 LR3 Starting MSRP $44,995. Prices exclude taxes, title, registration and CA emissions fees. †60-month Land Rover APR financing at $18.37 per month $1,000 financed with $0 down. Must take new retail delivery from retailer stock by 10/03/05. Not all buyers will qualify. Taxes, title and license fees extra.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
    Also the dealer I talked to in Chicago and the dealer my friend is talking to in SoCal must be incorrect as well.
  • chintchint Member Posts: 30
    I am looking for a new LR3 V6 in Atlanta/Birimingham area with the following options ( PP/RSP/RC) . IP 40237 / MSRP 44150 . There is a $1500 Incentive or 3.9% APR . Atlanta dealers say they will sell it for the sticker price - incentive , while a dealer in Birimingham offered sticker price - incentive - $1500 = 41200.
    I am looking at a price of $40 K . Can I get it for that price ?? .

Also does V6 has enough power ?? Can someone clarify . :confuse:

Replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • bavarianboybavarianboy Member Posts: 3
    Hello: Reference the LR3 and purchasing the car at the factory. I am also a DOD employee living in Germany. Last week, I visited the factory at Sulihull and had a plant tour in the morning and three hours with an instructor at their off-road demonstration area. Although I had read that they were going to start factory pickups, I could not find anyone who knew anything about it.

The LR3 was very, very impressive. We were able to drive it through water to the top of the wheel well, up 45-degree slopes, and up to 30-degree side tilt. The factory was also very impressive after all the money that BMW and Ford have poured into the plant. The driving instruction was first rate.

Although I have owned discoveries in the past, I am still undecided. Nevertheless, the visit and drive have moved me very close to the purchase point. I am somewhat concerned about the lack of dealers in the West where we will move next year. Cheers, Mike
    Yes, the 6 is great because of the six speed transmission. We get 13 around town and 19-22 highway. Car is heavy so city suffers. Real dual exhaust on 6 also. Very quiet-no vibration. Feels like more horsepower.
    Thanks for sharing the mileage and Power info.
    can I get it for a price of 40K(V6) ??

Thanks
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    With no options at all you can get a LR3 S for 40k but you won't get leather interior, sunroofs or multidisk CD changer.
    Just to let you know, bavarian boy, we were originally approved for financing from 3 different lenders and it pays to shop around even after the deal. The first was Service Credit Union which offered 7.89% (I know..i don't know what they were thinking) and that was with direct deposit!. The second was USAA which offered 5.5% and the third was Pentagon Federal which had an advertised online rate for 4.25%. By the time they got the note drawn up the rate shot to 4.5% when they finally sent out the check. I had to argue for over 20 minutes to get them to reduce (which they finally relented..as a *one time courtesy*) They dropped the ball as someone forgot to request certain financial information at the time of application which was sent by fax..I had proof of the initial date of application though so couple with tenacity (re: saying i wasn't going to get off of the phone unless the rate was changed..) This little bit of arguing saved approx. $600 initially according to the amortization program. Finally, we arrive to today, while on vacation in Garmisch, i came across a print ad for Service Credit Union which boasted 3.89% for New, Used, Refinanced, guaranteed or they pay you $100.00. Well a quick few phone calls and not only do i get to pay off the entire Pentagon Loan in less than a month but secured the new loan for 3.89% for the truck so chalk it up to a grand total of 776.40 in savings over the 60 month period which pays for the winch or the brush bar :shades:
  • lar3lar3 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up an '05 LR3 SE7 -- Nav,PDC, Rear Seat/Rear Climate, Lighting Package -- $47,808... Hornburg LR/Jag in Los Angeles is the best... Wish I could name names -- My salesperson was incredible, knowledgeable, helpful, straight-shooter. Gave me a great lesson in leasing-terms.
  • gina6gina6 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the great deal and report on your purchase or was it indeed a lease? I hope to secure the same deal and similar options on an '06. May I ask how you secured the deal and/or strategies...end of the month, over-supply, etc.

Also, does anyone know when the '06s arrive and what experiences if any have you had on pre-ordering, etc...Thanks.
  • lar3lar3 Member Posts: 2
    Gina6, It was a lease. Kind of a mix of good fortune and a bit of unorthodoxy -- Was initially looking at an HSE, as we are prone to buying out our leases if the car turns out to be reliable and thought "hey, get the best in case we end up living with it again for 8 years." Our salesperson could not 'do as much' with the HSE's price, but was able to shave off nearly $4000 on a loaded SE. Both cars were '05s and the '06s are due in about 6 weeks so I'm sure they were glad to simply move inventory. Also, pre-paid two-year lease which allowed for more discounts and reduced interest charges, topped-off by loyalty discount. Hope it helps.
  • hysterwvhysterwv Member Posts: 5
    Got an '05 SE7 - rear seat, rear climate, DVD, Cold, Lighting. MSRP = $51,295. Paid $48,500 on a 24 mo lease at .0018 with 69% residual on 15k miles per year.

This our family's first lease. It seems that we replace my wife's vehicle every 2-3 years, so leasing made sense for us. I did learn that everyting is negotiable. The original deal was $50k at .0020. We negotiated the additional $$ off of list, money factor, and an additional $500 on my trade valuation.

I pleased with how it turned out. Oh yea, I had the dealer throw in rubber mats ($160) as well.
  • 1dollarshort1dollarshort Member Posts: 7
    Can you please translate your lease agreement into monthly payments? How much down payment? Many Thanks
  • hysterwvhysterwv Member Posts: 5
    $2,200 down - included in this was $600 refundatble deposit and first months payment.

Monthly payment is........$620 (plus my local sales and personal property tax).

Originally, I was quoted $742.
    I am shopping for a 2005 LR3 and I test drove the V6 model over the week edn.
    I was thoroughly surprised.I was very skeptical about the V6 power but with 5 adults in the SUV it was a breeze overtaking and merging . The dealer in Atlanta said he would not negotiate on the price( It seems it is a Land Rover Philosphy :sick: ) .
    The price offered was $45020( Premium Package / Rear seat and climate control) - 1500 (Incentive).
    The TMV price on edmunds for Atlanta area is 43600 - 1500 . But the dealer in Birimingham said he would the sell the car for 41000 with the same configuration
    (After Incentives). Are there any better offers for the V6 ?? .Looks like there is an incentive of $1000 for 2006 models too.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    As a general rule of thumb... If the manufacturer is offering a rebate or incentive on a car, then they obviously aren't selling that well... and you should be able to find a dealer that will discount the car an additional amount...

I'm sure this is more difficult with a Land Rover that doesn't have a large dealer base to begin with..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    I'm from CA. Drove LR3 V6 for 2006, I was getting this for $46 out the door. It has a premium package with rear 3rd seat with climate control. I don't know if its a good deal or not. I was able to lower the price from $47.5k to $46. Haven't bought yet.
    What kind of incentives of $1k are you talking about?
    I think there is a $1500 rebate if you own the land rover.

Any better deal?
    Anyone owns this vehicle? What do you suggest me to buy this or not to buy? What price range should you suggest for this vehicle. I have test drove it. Its a nice vehicle.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I believe the incentives are on the '05 model...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hello lr34us, if you don't mind, how much did you pay for this? I'm looking for exactly the same the one you bought. How much you paid out the door?
    Hello Chint, Were you able to buy for $40k?
    Not yet !! The dealer in Birimingham, AL offered the car for 41K ( Premium Package / Rear Seat package) . The sudden surge in Gas prices has forced me to think twice abt the fuel thirsty ESUVEES. I will probaly wait some more time to get a real feel about the gas prices .

The 2006 models are selling for sticker price (Although an incentive of $1000 is available starting Sep 03) .I am sure they will come down to 2005 levels.
    $41k is out the door? or $41K+taxes+dmv fees etc..?
  • bmk007bmk007 Member Posts: 27
    Hello all -

I am in the process of trying to buy a V6 LR3 w/ 3rd seat, premium, and climate. I essentially closed the deal last week, but my Cleveland, OH dealer had trouble locating the Silver/Black color combo that I wanted. Then came news of the recall and the one he located for me is being recalled. He said that one would basically not be an option because LR will be "fixing" the current owner's models before addressing the recall on the unsold vehicles.

So, he has been trying to find me an '06 with the same options. I am trying to be patient, but I didn't think it would be this hard to buy a car!

Does anyone have an '06 V6 LR3 yet? Do you like them?

I am hoping to get mine for $41,993 for the options I mentioned...plus I am adding the Side Steps for $704.

Thanks for your time.
    Has anyone gotten the Side Steps added on to their LR3? I am close to buying an '06 V6 LR3 and I wanted to add the Side Steps. Dealer says it will be an additional $704 but since they would be purchased with the vehicle, they would be covered in the mfg warranty.

Does anyone recommend the Side Steps?

Thanks.
    The Vehicle I am talking about has an MSRP of $44,150 and an IP of $40,237.
    There is no way in the world I can get this car for $41K out if the door.
    The price I am talking about is excluding tax ,Title and other fees(Approx $3000).
    From what I understand after talking to several dealers , they are not dicounting the 06 models ( But there is $ 1000 incentive though on 06 LR3 V6 Models).

The price of $41993 with Prem Package/ Reat seat package /Climate is good .And it is close to what I recieved ( $41K without $1000 worth Climate package).
    And I think that is cheapest I found
    Hello bmk007- $41,993 is out the door for LR3 2006? If you are getting for that price that is a blast. I'm getting the same vehicle for $46k out the door. I wanted to pay $45k. Let see how it goes. Mine is white with beige interior. Haven't seen silver with black interior.
    I don't know about side step, how much it cost?

Please tell me the price details for the one you are looking.
    Hi

I was quoted $41,453 for an '05 V6 with 3rd row, climate, and premium before tax and title. However, with the fuel tank recall issue, I am not able to get the '05. The dealer told me this week that he could get a similar '06 for within $500 of my '05 price, which is where I got the 41,493. I am still waiting for them to locate the combo I want though. They were fast to respond but have been slow the last few days.

The side steps are supposed to be an additional $704 to my price.
    $1000 incentive is if you preowned land rover, right?
    My area dealer wants 4.5% above their price, I believe he told me its $40256, that will make $42067, then I have to pay sales tax/dmv fees= $46k
    I'm asking for $45k out the door. It is for 2006 Lr3 Se v6 7 seater, premium.
    Lets see how it goes.
    What will be your final price for 2006?$ 41953+tax+fees= $45200
    Is this going to be out the door price roughly?
    Who is the dealer?
    Do they have website?

I don't know why my dealer is asking 4.5% profit on the price $40256, that's why it comes to $46 out the door, and it doesn't have climate package ($1000)
This discussion has been closed.