Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Yep, I agree. Honda needs to rethink the packaging and costs associated with accessories. $40K is entirely too high for this truck.

I know at least one dealer in my area is also adding a $2500 ADM to the trucks, plus packing them with useless dealer add-ons too. Yuck!

Bob
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    Keep in mind you can get a RT Ridgeline for 27,000 approx, and that is still pretty loaded. If you want luxury items like leather seats, moon roof, navigation, XM radio, you'll have to pay at the moment.
    I paid 33,000 for my RT-L/sunroof, and I can't imagine wanting anything thing else added. It's already loaded to the brim for god sakes.
  • utvnututvnut Member Posts: 13
    I may be the first to get this close:

RTL S/R - Invoice plus $197.00

Plus processing fee: $289.00

Accessories at retail for each, NO installation:

Roof Rack, Running Boards, Auto Day/Night Mirror, Carpeted Floor Mats.

The signed, paid paper work and keys are in my hand, the Ridge will be in my hand in a few days when inatalls complete.

No more MSRP!!!
  • 5553543255535432 Member Posts: 150
    Hi,

Whats the delearships name, and what state.I don't mind driving 15 hours one way to get your kind of deal.If it's more than 15 hours I'll fly then drive home to MD.

If you are superstitious, and don't want to jinx this good deal you can respond to my message after you get your Ridge.

Congratulations. Patience save you about $3000, and that amount aint loose change at all.Guess the only way Honda could sustain the good sales of the first two months is to sell this truck near invoice.
    Hi utvnut,

Sorry for bugging you again, Im just too excited to know the delearship name and the state you bought your Ridge almost at invoice price. Are you driving it now?

Tell them youve got another buyer from MD if they are willing to give me the same price. I'm getting foglights, bed extender, running boards,wheel locks and mudguards and absolutely no extended warranty. :shades:
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Let me know too. We could use some extra Ridgelines!
    Not sure I understand message 119....

I will post the info on 4-21 or 4-22 after final delivery. The good news for you living in Maryland is the dealer is not far.

I stopped today but the accessories were not finished, they have a red, blue and green in stock that I could see and more in the remote lot.

I can't wait to drive it home more than you can't wait to read about it!
  • tacoridgetacoridge Member Posts: 17
    I work for a large corporation that sells different brands of cars. After the Ridge cools off and slows down, the deal the employees get is...invoice, minus holdback, plus $100.

I just can't wait for the next couple of months to go by then it's a green one for me!
    Not sure I understand message 119 too.Maybe he was implying that because a delearship was selling the Ridge at invoice,the delearship he works for could buy it from the place where you are getting yours and sell it for a profit. Maybe Isellhondas delearship is selling their Ridge fast, thats why he can use the extra Ridge buying from the delearship selling them at invoice.

Good to hear the delearship you got yours is not far from MD.I'm on a 15 day vacation starting tommorow and I wouldn't mind driving a Ridge bought at invoice even if it's coming all the way from Canada or California. :D $3000 of worth of savings I can put into $3000 worth of add-ons. ;). Man I'm glad I waited, patience isn't only a virtue It gets you $3000 worth of accessories for free, or about two years supply of free gasoline to make this baby run.To all folks who waited and minimized the Ridge craze by refusing to buy at msrp and prevented delearships from asking full price, a million thanks, no make that a billion thanks.

Please keep us posted re your new Ridge. How you got your Ridge at near invoice price is pretty amazing.I thought invoice prices will only be available around December.Doing it on April, a month after this hotseller Honda was released is pure genius.
  • mvela26mvela26 Member Posts: 1
    UTVNUT can you please describe your Ridge model and all extras you got as well as total price tag, it would help tremendously to all those Ridgeline-owner wannabees. I'm in Texas, I dream of getting a Ridge, but MSRP-hungry dealerships are very discouraging and I sure would not mind flying to Virginia for what appears to be a GREAT deal. Thanks...
    I goofed, posted too much info and it got zapped.

I bought an RTL S/R, roof rack, running boards, auto day/night mirror, carpet floor mats, mud flaps, wheel locks, pin stripes and a tank of gas. Total: $31500 plus tax!!!

For deal specifics e-mail me, I got $1000 worth of accessories installed and still paid $2000 under MSRP!!!

Love the Ridgeline, it's better when you get adjusted to driving it.
  • pbearpbear Member Posts: 2
    The new Honda dealer in my area that sold me my Ridgeline was fair and the experience was pleasant, if not comical. There was no mark-up and I was able to strike a deal that was approx. $400 off the MSRP of the RTL. Although I would have preferred black to the metallic green that I bought, I could see that getting exactly what I wanted was going to come at a price, so I opted for the green. Actually the green interior is my favorite, so all in all I am very satisfied with the "buying" experience. I am not saying that everyone will have the same warm fuzzy that I received, (the one I bought was the only one that hadn't been jacked up with all of the fog lights/ wheel bulges/ chrome bumper, etc kits), but at 4,100 miles since buying it on 3-11-05, I am so impressed with this vehicle's overall execution that I have to say that, for me, Honda nailed-it. It is unfortunate that a company, any company, can sweat the details on a new entry vehicle like the Ridgeline, to only have it butchered by the dealerships. (like some of the posts I have read here and other places).
    The last time I felt this good about a vehicle that I bought was when I traded in that piece of %@*^! Taurus for a Civic CRX-Si in 1987. No regrets.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    Congrats!

Anyone see an RT yet?

John
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    "I am so impressed with this vehicle's overall execution that I have to say that, for me, Honda nailed-it."

Me too. This vehicle is just so well thought out. I was going to buy an 05 Taco, but 10 minutes with the RL convinced me Toyota was behind the game. Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota. I've had a Toy truck for the last 14 years with no problems. We love it like part of the family, but this was a no brainer. Clearly, Gary Flint did a stellar job with Honda's first foray into the truck market. Even Lutz, vice chairman of GM told Flint, "this is the best put together package I've ever seen in a vehicle" my wife and I drive in this truck and just look at each and say "I can't believe this" The trunk swallows a whole cart load of groceries, and you can still throw 1000lbs of 4x8 ply wood in the bed and have it lay flat, and drive away feeling like your in an accord. No other midsize truck can do this!! A month and a half and I still feel like this. I hope my tranny doesn't fall off tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I paid MSRP, and I still feel like I stole it from them.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Oh yeah, I paid MSRP, and I still feel like I stole it from them.

Major congrats then, gearhead1. Plenty of members spend days in agony after a purchase, wondering if they could've squeezed out an extra few dollars in savings, but you've obviously decided that you've got the vehicle you want, and darnit all, you're going to be happy. May you have a long and happy relationship with your Ridgeline!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

gearhead's blood pressure is probably normal too. He/she got a great truck at what they felt was a great value and they are happy!
  • bomanboman Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone, i am new to this site/forum. i have enjoyed reading the many comments and suggestions about the Ridgeline. I have been researching them for the past few weeks. I just made a deal for one in Missouri for $500.00 below MSRP. Truck will be here mid may. I am in California right now and the dealers seem to be all over the place regarding prices It seems though increasing numbers of units are having a re-think effect about jacking up prices. Dealer in San Diego offered $900 off MSRP.
    You are in California?

A dealer in San Diego will sell you a Ridgeline for 900.00 off MSRP?

You are buying one for 400.00 more than that from a dealer in MISSOURI ??

:confuse:
    I obviously left a little to much info. out. I have a primary home in Mo. I just sold one of my cars and in Mo. you get sales tax credit for that as long as you do it within 6 mos. That alone will save me about $1000.00 in tax. Registration fees in Ca. are significantly higher as well. Finally i have a trip planned to go back for a couple weeks, so it works out. It's hard to wait though. This is the first time I have stepped off the GM train in 25 years. I am very impressed with the Ridgelines performance!
  • glockemglockem Member Posts: 2
    The suspense is killing us all. What dealership did you get that incredible deal at?
    I'm not sure if you are referencing the Ca. deal or Mo? The San Diego dealer is Cush Honda and the Mo. deal is Vincell Honda. A question, has anyone found a billeted grille for the Ridgeline anywhere? Thanks, Bob
    I'm sorry, I thought I posted it already, Landmark Honda in Alexandria Va.
    You can e-mail me for salesman name and details since I can't post it, I had a very good, low stress experience and paid thousands under MSRP.

I finally got a nice day at home and washed the rain dirt off my ridgeline. The blue looks great. First fill up shows 18 plus mpg and the ride and handling are great! No defects or problems noted so far.

jandshq@yahoo.com.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    My understanding is that Edmunds allows you to post the details (price paid, equipment) of a purchase and the dealership name. No contact names, numbers, email of specific individuals are permitted.

Please share the details of your purchase.
    See number message 127.......
  • bremenimpbremenimp Member Posts: 1
    Newcomer here. Been researching the Ridgeline vs. Tacoma vs. Frontier. Just a guess but I expect prices to go down, even though the Ridge seems to be a great truck. With new releases for Honda, Toyota and Nissan all in the same year, has to mean some or all of them won't keep hitting their numbers, and that means getting more aggressive on price.

I would like my Ridgeline now, but willing to wait to see if it becomes more attractive from a price standpoint. Any comments?
  • goose5goose5 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure about prices going down for the 2006 line. I'm looking down the road at this beta model -- it could be a classic, limited edition 40 years from now. I plan to keep it like a prized possession. Only 50,000 made in the first year of production -- I bet as word gets out more -- and the reviews have been very positive -- that the demand will far exceed the supply and prices will hold.
  • treyh1treyh1 Member Posts: 34
    But it's not a sure thing by any means. I needed a minivan shortly after the Odyssey came out in 1999. I put it off until I could get a 2000, partly for them to work out a few bugs & partly in the hope that MSRP wouldn't be the norm. Sticker was still the going price unless they made "market adjustments" to more than sticker. I think it probably sold for MSRP for at least the first 3, maybe 4 years.

That being said, MSRP was a pretty accurate price for an Odyssey. I think MSRP on the Ridgeline is 1500-2000 high, accepting that it's difficult to compare because it has no direct competition like the Odyssey did. I got e-mail bids in the metro Atlanta area, and they were all pretty much MSRP. I got the dealer here to 500 off MSRP and I'm probably going to pull the trigger because I've been researching for 6 months and I want/need the truck now. But I'm guessing that by next year slightly better deals will be easy to find.
    Hi,

Got my Ridge from same dealearship you got yours. Will pick it up this Saturday. Guess he owes you one free oil change.I understand you paid $3,1352.00 on your ridge plus $289 + taxes and tags.DID YOU PAY AN ADDITONAL INSTALLATION FEE FOR THE FOLLOWING?OR WAS IT INCLUDED IN THE $31352.00 already?

1.roof rack

2.Running boards

3.Auto day night rearview mirror.

4. Pin stripes.

If youy paid additional for the installation of the 4 items, how much did it cost you?

Thanks in advance for your response,
  • dpynnedpynne Member Posts: 3
    RTL with Moonroof and no accessories; silver or black. I checked with >5 dealers in the Atlanta area, and all were pretty much MSRP. Had one "offer" me 30299, but didn't pursue, because at the same time a GREAT dealership in Easley, SC (near Greenville, SC, and about 2.5 hrs from ATL) made me a deal for 29995. That includes dest., but not sales tax, doc fee (299) and registration. That's about $119 over invoice, right? Also got mud flaps and wheel locks. Bought it on April 29, so I figure the end-of-the-month mojo must've helped. Love the truck. It's huge (compared to the traded-in Subaru Baja).
  • goose5goose5 Member Posts: 2
    Picked up my Nighthawk Black RTL with Moonroof last night. Pinstripes and extended bed (this accessory to be delivered later); also included wheel lock and rubber mats. Total price was 31,350, excluding processing fee, taxes and tags. Didn't get the running boards or the roof rack. I did get a lifetime annual free state inspection and full tank of gas with the inspection . Honda Landmark must be offering great deals, but I'm very pleased with the deal I got from Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, Virginia.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    I had tried Hendrick Honda back when the Ridgeline was first out and they quickly came down to MSRP, but nothing less. Plus, every Ridgeline was loaded with $1,500+ worth of dealer add-ons.

Sounds like you had better luck than I did. What was their current inventory like? Oddly enough, I am looking for a Black RTL w/moonroof also.

Can I email you for the salesman's name?
    just curious, how do you find the "ride" difference between the Baja and the Ridgeline?

John
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I've driven both, and the Ridgeline's ride is much firmer than that of the Baja; more truck-like if you will. That's not to say the Ridgeline rides like a truck, but it does if you compare it to the Baja. The Baja's ride is much like that of a Subaru Outback.

Bob
    I did drive the Baja Turbo, it rode very much like my Forester.

I didn't have time to drive the Ridgeline when I went to check out its interior dimensions.

I bet I like the Baja's better (hey, its a car after all), but I will maybe condescend to a Ridgeline someday.

Still waiting for the 24 mpg highway. Me thinks 2007 will be an interesting year for this group of vehicles.

John
  • inflationinflation Member Posts: 1
    does honda sell a hard cover for its truck bed, so the truck is not a snow collection vehicle? if not, is there a company that makes one?
  • tacoridgetacoridge Member Posts: 17
    Yes. In Colorado it is a $1500 option, bi-fold type from Kuni - Burt in Centinnel.

You will get a better deal from a truck accessory dealer.
    Is it possible that Honda delearships would differ big time regarding the installation charges on the following items?

1. Running boards
    2.Roof rack
    3.Under bumper brush
    4. Sensor when backing

Can anyone here suggest whats the best way to get intallation cost at the lowest price possible in a legit Honda delearship?

For those who had the delearships install the above items, what were the installation cost?

Is it possible to shop around and get pricing on those four items with installation fees included in the price? :confuse:
  • happyownerhappyowner Member Posts: 2
    picked up my silver ridge on 3/26. paid msrp & destination charge. added extras
    including installation charges were as follows:
    moon roof visor - $111.00 first tank of gas - 15.4 mpg
    fog lights - $578.40 second tank - 18.1 mpg
    running boards - $481.20
    splash guards - 90.20
    back up sensors - $491.28
    front brush guard - $470.50
    pin stripe - n/c wheel locks - n/c
    $128.10 off due to misquote on their part.
    total before tax & registration - $35,249.48.
    love my new ridge - everything about it - especially the way it looks !!!
    while everyone else is waiting for the price to come down, i'm enjoying mine.

happy owner
  • happyownerhappyowner Member Posts: 2
    i forgot to add that my silver ridge is an rtl with moon roof & xm radio.
    I am after the instllation charges of the four items because I already paid for the 4 accesories written below.Anyone know the FAIR amount a Honda delearship would charge all four on installation only?

1.Auto dimming mirror.
    2.Foglights
    3.Tow and hitch
    4. Wind deflector

How about the fair out of the door pricing for the following items (accesorry and installation cost), which I plan to put in a week from now.

4.Running boards
    5.roof rack
    6.Under bumper brush
    7.Backing sensor?
    What you think is "fair". They charge labor by the hour and that will vary by location. Average is probably about 90.00/hr now.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    Since you bought the accessories from someplace else, my guess is that the Honda dealers in your area are not going to give you a deal on installation since they got no kick back on the accessories themselves. Just call the 3 or 4 local Honda dealers in your area and ask. It's not like you're in much of a position to negotiate, so you're most likely going to pay the dealer's going rates.

How did you come about these accessories in the first place? Did you buy them with the intention of installing them yourself and changed your mind?

As for the other items, reference Happyowner's post. He listed exactly what he paid for most of those items, and that was the "out the door" pricing.
    This prolly belongs in another forum, but real quick - my Baja was a manual, and the clutch was quirky and the throttle back-off was very ON/OFF; I never could get a smooth ride on gear change. No acceleration either. Cabin was too small. Carlike ride on regular roads, firm enough and steady on Forest Service roads. I'm too old for all that; wanted smooth. So far so good with the Ridge.
    The dealership in Easley, SC where I paid 29995 (see post #145) is named Hendrick Honda. Nicest people in the world, almost made it pleasant to spend $30K. Apparently there is another dealership with same name in Woodbridge, VA.
  • shortsparkshortspark Member Posts: 2
    Just made a deal for a silver RTL/moonroof for 30,500. Very nice people to deal with in the E. Texas area, however, I got killed on the trade-in (in my view) so who knows. They will either get it up front or at the back end. They were better overall than anyone else though and gave me free pin stripe as a good will gesture. It is all about the bottom line anyway.
  • glockemglockem Member Posts: 2
    Just bought my ridgeline last night. I purchased a RTL trim model for $500 over dealer invoice with no negotiating. I just told them that Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA will sell at that price and the manage said "I'll match that". Now I was talking to the manager with price approval, not the salesman. Overall a great buying experience.

Tex
  • bcp1bcp1 Member Posts: 21
    I must say I really love my Ridgeline and I think I got a fair price at Billy Navarre in
    Lake Charles, La. I looked at 6 different dealers in 4 cities and the following is what I came home with.
    2006 Ridgeline RTL with Moonroof $33,155.00
    Life Style Package includes
    Bed Extender $259.00
    Roof Rack $299.00
    Towing Pack $545.00
    Fog LIghts $357.00
    Running Board$419.00
    Hood Air Deflec$125.00
    Total Parts & Labor $ 2,514.00
    Sales Tax $2,681.12
    License & Title & Doc Fee $ 160.50
    Total Retail Cost $38,510.62

Actual take home cost: $36,355.62
    All my other offers from all the dealers were $1800.00 to $4,000.00 more than what I actually paid for the Ridgeline.
    I am crying. :cry:

Where is the value in spending $36k on a truck?

I will gladly plop down $26k for an RT, but there still isn't value in the Ridgeline market.

Yet.

John
    Don't cry over someone else's joy.

What isn't a value to you doesn't matter. The poster is happy so why try to rain on his parade?
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Don't rain on a Honda Salespersons profit.