Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    you are entitled to your opinion, of course.

I wasn't raining on someone else's deal. I was simply lamenting the prospects for my own.

I am in the fortunate position of being able to plop down $36k for a vehicle.

But, I didn't get in that position by habitually buying $36k vehicles.

Fortunately, there are still good options out there. As I didn't buy an Ody 3 years ago when I needed a minivan, I may not buy a Ridgeline either. One of the reasons I didn't get the Ody was the uppity attitude of the local Honda salespeople.

Food for thought.

John
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    One of the reasons I didn't get the Ody was the uppity attitude of the local Honda salespeople.

I know what you mean. some people make it hard to want to give them your money. I walked out of more than one dealer (not all were Honda) even though I was ready to buy just because they were scum.

I paid MSRP cash out the door for my RT-L moonroof, and we don't regret it for a minute. I am pretty tight with money so it was no easy decision to hand over 35,000, but the RL loosened my grip quickly. IMO there isn't a more functional or versatile vehicle on the road. It may take the same amount of physical time to get to your destination in the RL, but I swear the psychological time is cut in half. It's a joy to drive. I keep waiting for the fun factor of having a new vehicle to wear off, but my pulse still quickens everytime I get in the thing. I've had it for 3 months.
  • squestsquest Member Posts: 25
    I bought a Billet Silver RL this week in Athens, GA. No moon roof or navagation.
    I paid $24,950 difference, and traded a 1998 GMC Sonoma 3 door, High Rider with 59,000 miles. The dealer added a bed extender to close the deal.
    I visited two Honda delerships (Gainesville, GA and Athens, GA) and was very pleased both salesmen.

I enjoy this forum very much. Thank you all for your input.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    An "uppity attitude" doesn't sell cars or anything else for that matter.

I guess I just can't understand why someone can come to a forum with the happy news that they bought a car at a price that worked for them only to have someone else tell them they paid too much. If that wasn't the intent of your "crying" post I was out of line.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    allright apology accepted.

John
  • vtervter Member Posts: 4
    I just bought the Silver this week. Love it. Had fender flares, roof rack and the black running boards put on. Had them take off the silver side steps, they looked like someone took a piece of chanel from a welding shop and spray painted em. I want to add the "body side protectors" but am debating weather to get silver or black. Anyone with these options have black body side protectors?
  • ridgeline_2006ridgeline_2006 Member Posts: 19
    To Ridgeline owner, did you purchase the extended warranty on your Ridgeline?
    Any deals or any suggestions will help…. Thanks
  • vtervter Member Posts: 4
    Yes. I paid $1100.00 for the 6 year 100,000 mile option from my dealer. I think it lists at $1275.00
    Which dealer? I am in VA and they wanted $1399 for 7 year 70,000 mile.
  • aejkaejk Member Posts: 3
    i just paid 29,000 for an RTS with running boards. I think the prices are going down and that i could have done better, but couldnt wait. we are on our 2nd odyssey and everything was covered by honda. I think the service departments don't mind billing the manufacturer for things that are not officially recalled.
  • maddog13maddog13 Member Posts: 5
    ... on May 20. I live in Salt Lake City and had trouble getting dealers to answer internet queries. The one that did wasn't willing to move very much on the price. Having read here about the deals people were getting in Denver, I emailed 3 Denver area dealers. The best deal came in at $2400 below MSRP with no additional fees. So I bought a plane ticket, went out to Schomp Honda in Littleton, wrote a check for $30,755, and was on my way home within 75 minutes.

It could not have been easier (unless they had picked me up at the airport). ;)

My travel costs totalled out to about $200 (I used FF miles), and I got to drive my new truck for 8 hours on day 1. By 11 pm, as I turned off the highway, I was wishing I could drive just a little bit farther.

BTW, I have 3 daughters aged 5-12 and they think I just bought the coolest truck in the world. :)
    maddog13: Congratulations on your Ridgeline. Did you add any accessories to your Ridgeline? thanks.
  • rojomacrojomac Member Posts: 1
    I've been shopping for a Ridgeline the past week in Denver, CO. Rcvd a call today from the salesman I'd been working with that Honda will be announcing special financing effective May 26th for Ridgelines delivered by June 1st. :
    1.9%/ 36 months, 2.9% 48 months, 3.9% 60 months.
    We agreed to terms on a red RTL-sr for 2500 off msrp. ALso offered 10% discount if I ordered 3 or more accessories which i did. I'm due to pick it up this Friday. These rates are for purchasing the vehicle, not sure if there are also special lease rates.
    Just figured I'd pass this along in case any of you have been sitting on the fence waiting for the first round of special deals directly from Honda on the Ridgeline. The best bank rate I could get was between 4.9 - 5.25% so the Honda financing is a pretty good deal.
    Will send update once I pick up the vehicle.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    You did good! Enjoy your truck over the long weekend.
    Is this special finance only in Denver? BTY, congratulations on your new Ridgeline, RED is a nice color on this truck....!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    1.9% is nationwide on every new Honda... In my local paper today.. they don't specify length of term, though...

Sometimes 1.9% is restricted to 36 months, and sometimes length of term availability changes with model.. I haven't heard either way on this one.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• illini7illini7 Member Posts: 19
    Heard about the rates on the radio this morning. 1.9 for 36 months..2.9 for 48 and 3.9 for 60. Pretty standard for Honda incentives when they do offer them.
  • randyg1randyg1 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a Blue Ridgeline RTL with Moonroof and Navi. Paid $32,570 through CarsDirect.com. Dealer they went through was Honda of Lancaster. They delivered right to my door step on a trailer and hauled away my trade in (2004 Honda Accord - appraised sight unseen and gave me top dollar for it!).

Very happy with the experience.

I will NEVER again sit in at a dealership looking at the "4 square" piece of paper, having the salesman running back and forth to the manager's office, haggling over prices!
  • kingalwkingalw Member Posts: 1
    maddog13,

Which salesman did you talk to? I called them and they were considerably higher. The guy I talked to said they were a 1 price dealer and they would not go any lower... :confuse:
    randyg1: Congratulation on your Ridgeline. That is a very good deal. Did you add any accessories to your Ridgeline? Is this price including tax? thanks....
    kyfdx,

You are giving out wrong information!

This financing is NOT nationwide! I strongly suspect some dealers are buying down the rates which means it's costing them money that has to come from somewhere!

Ther is low interest financing on Civics, Accords and Elements...NOT on "every" new Honda.

It is possible Honda is offering this in selected regions but that's pretty unusual for them to do that.
    You may be correct... But, it is being offered by every dealer in the Cincinnati area.. Perhaps it is underwritten by the local Honda dealer advertising association..

See the ad here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

But you have no idea how much trouble mis-information causes us.

I READ ON THE INTERNET THERE IS 1.9 % FINANCING ON ALL HONDAS!!

I just wanted to clarify that this is NOT a nationwide program!
  • sundevilssundevils Member Posts: 100
    There are Honda dealerships in the Los Angeles area that are offering 0% interest on all vehicles. Of course, there is a catch. The fine print that I saw in one ad stated that the maximum term is 24 months and the maximum amount financed is $10K.

Check out today's (Saturday) LA Times for the details. There are at least two dealers doing this finance special.
    I'm from L.A. (born and raised in San Pedro) and I'm well aware of the marketplace down there. It's brutal and cutthrroat and full page screamer ads are constant...be sure to read the fine print!

You bet there is a catch!
    I did not purchase any additional accessories. I pretty much shot my wad, and will have to fork out later for the bed extender and trailer hitch. But for now, I have what need.
    I never called them. I accessed their website (via Honda.com dealer locator) and emailed for a price quote on exactly what I wanted. The first email I got back from their internet guy was $2400 off MSRP. I then got a call from a salesman a couple of days later who wanted a committment to buy if they bought the exact model I wanted from another dealer (they didn't have the blue one in stock at the time). I committed and another couple of phone calls later, we were set.

HTH.
  • wingman1500wingman1500 Member Posts: 3
    After many weeks of pondering, I just bought a red RTL. I added the trailer hitch,
    running boards, roof rack, hard tonneau cover, fog lights and front hood protector.
    The truck came to $32160 before tax and reg. It will go into production between
    6-1 to 6-5. I should have it by 6-15. Till then!!!
  • utvnututvnut Member Posts: 13
    Very soon the nice info you posted will vanish since you shared too much information. Even if you got a great deal and had good salespeople that will do the same for others if sent, this is not the place to do it I guess.

Too bad other shoppers have to go through the process without some of the crap being done by the ones already happily driving their new truck. Anyway, congratulations on your good deal and being a happy new owner, I am really satisfied with my Ridgeline too.
  • parnparn Member Posts: 4
    3 wks ago I bought my new ride and haven't looked back!!! Added fogs, rear splash for $31,500 plus they gave me KBB trade on my RX300. I live in the Omaha, NE area.
    My experience so far has been great!! :shades: Just went over 1k last night. The ride is superior, almost like the RX, but more comfortable seating. The seat in my RX was no where near as comfortable as in this ride. Many looks and many questions from people. Mostly recent buyers of pickups who say they wish they would have waited to buy the Honda.

Question: Has anyone gotten any bargins on the XM extension? Most of my driving is within Omaha-Lincoln so listening to FM stations is not a big deal, but I do travel 25% where I feel like I need to be wearing cowboy boots or wearing my Garst Seed cap listening to the farm report. ;)
  • sv12sv12 Member Posts: 1
    As far as I can tell this was a killer deal. Truck is great. Only issue was my sales person was slow. Got the truck at Burian Honda in Washington state. It was an advertised special for a Memorial Day sale.
  • absameabsame Member Posts: 12
    In the market for a Ridgeline RTL in the New York City metro area and looking for a good dealer willing to deal. Have started my email campaign, but also looking for recommendation. Any help is appreciated.
    Well I'm getting a headache. Anyone have a source for invoice prices on accessories?? Seems the lower the base price, the higher the options cost. Any what's the deal with labor costs on options. Never before had a dealer want to charge me labor to install options at the dealer, except for the mini cooper works package which involves taking the engine apart.
  • 5553543255535432 Member Posts: 150
    1.Go to www.collegehillshonda.com.
    2. Print out the prices of the accesories you want on your RL.
    3. Bring the prices you have at hand and go to the 4 nearest Honda delearship near you and ask if they could match or be as close to the collegehills honda prices.If they can qoute you a good price, ask whats the installation cost for each item.( installation cost is separate from the accesorry, typically $86.5-$90.00 an hour.NEVER COMMIT TO ANY DEAL UNLESS THE DELEARSHIP CAN EXACTLY SPECIFY THE NO OF HOURS IT WOULD COST YOU.Kind of an out of the door pricing :shades:
    5. The delearship that gives you the lowest price on the accesories you want gets your business.

DOING THE ABOVE STEPS SAVE ME ABOUT $800 WHEN I HAD MY STEPS, UNDER BUMPER BRUSH,AUTO DIMMING MIRRORS, FOGLIGHTS, WIND DEFLECTOR, ROOFRACK, TOW AND HITCH INSTALLED.

Unless you have small kids forget the sidestep and be prepared for a whole lot of wind noise once a roofrack is installed.A roofrack though makes the RL better looking.
  • ridgeline100ridgeline100 Member Posts: 5
    I picked up my RTS on 6/17 - went thru CarsDirect.com - a salesman called from a dealership 70 miles away - told him I'd give him 28,700 - he checked with his GM and agreed, with D&H it came to 29,100, I added the towing package which added 672.00 parts & labor - told them I would not deal with any funny business on the price when I sat down with them to close the deal, salesman agreed - Whaddya know, when we sat down the price was 1583.00 higher - I told the Finance Mgr the out the door price I agreed to with the sales guy was 29,672 and if they weren't going to honor that price, the deal was a bust. He went and talked to his boss, it only took a couple of minutes, and they agreed --- again - Not a bad experience overall - they were willing to negotiate price over the phone which I thought was unusual - that eliminated the haggle at the dealership - I recommend to anyone buying to do your homework before you go to the dealership, know exactly what you're willing to pay, know what they had to pay and how much profit they're tacking on, tell them up front what "fees" you're willing to pay then stick to your guns. If they balk at your price, walk away and talk to someone else - the dealers out here are willing to deal, I got mine for about 1900 below sticker. :)
  • robflahrobflah Member Posts: 6
    I live in snow country (Vermont) and had pretty much made up my mind to go with the RTL w/ moonroof & navigation.....Had a GREAT price lined up....As I was working out the final decision making on options, the light bulb dawned on me that I hadn't officially asked if the Ridgeline could take a Fisher or Meyer type plow (say a 7' to 8' plow). Of course, I just kind of figured that most 4x4 pickups could have a plow attached (and we get about 200"+ per year, on average)....I decided to contact a dealer or two...After contacting 1/2 dozen, and not getting an answer or an "I don't know", I finally contacted Honda Customer Service...Spent 10 minutes on the phone with the Rep. explaining exactly what a snow plow is (turns out, he's in Los Angeles)...It took a bit of time but the answer came back a definitive "NO" - that the Ridge would not take it and that to put one on would be "an alteration to the frame and would void my warranty" :sick: ...WOW! Is this for real ?? Of course I'm flabbergasted that a $30k+ truck hailed as a true Pickup is no better than my Acura TL or Jeep Grand Cherokee for that matter....It'll go thru snow but it sure won't move it out of your way? :confuse:

Anyone with similar experiences or have different information??

This is a deal buster for me :cry: .....And, for many people here in VT once the word spreads.
    Your base assumption was wrong...

It isn't a real pickup...

Be glad it dawned on you before you bought it...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    The Ridgeline breaks a lot of new ground, and one of the ways is that it is not just a "box on frame" construction. The frame of the vehicle is welded to the body in a sort of hybrid "frame/unibody" structure, if I understand it correctly. Anyway, any modifications to the frame could have disasterous impacts on safety with this design.

The Ridgline is not intended to be a pickup truck. It is a passenger vehicle that has a pickup style bed on the back, with innovative features.

Good luck on you search for a pickup.
    I disagree. It's definatly a real pickup. Most people would never want to mount a snow plow and tthe people who do will buy something else.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Most snowplows are hooked up to 3/4-ton or 1-ton pickups. Rarely do you see a 1/2-ton pickup with a plow. Oh, it can be done, but it's not recommended. If you read truck brochures, you will find factory "Snowplow Prep" packages offered on the HD pickups, but not usually on 1/2-ton models.

Bob
    Snowplow or not.. It isn't a real pickup...

A FWD-based sport utility, with AWD, some frame modifications and nifty passenger/cargo packaging.... still.. .not a pickup truck..

When you start seeing tradesmen use them for work, come talk to me.... ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

PS.. Don't get me wrong... I like it... Not a pickup truck.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay then, what would you call it?

It's not an SUV. It's not a minivan. It's got an open bed (like a pickup). It hauls nasty looking stuff in the bed (like a pickup). It can better handle 4x8 paneling better than any non-fullsize truck, it can carry 1500 pounds (which is in the ballpark of many 1/2-ton pickups). So what would you call it?

Bob
    "It's not an SUV. It's not a minivan. It's got an open bed (like a pickup). It hauls nasty looking stuff in the bed (like a pickup). It can better handle 4x8 paneling better than any non-fullsize truck, it can carry 1500 pounds (which is in the ballpark of many 1/2-ton pickups). So what would you call it?"

I call it a "passenger cross-over vehicle with an external pickup style bed". If that is too long, just call it a "Ridgeline".

I like the design, myself, but the in my mind a true pickup is designed for rugged work, hauling stuff on a construction site or a farm. The Ridgeline is not built for that. It is targeted towards the rising number of people who buy traditional pickups and then use them only as family vehicles with occasional use of the bed to haul stuff home from the store, or whatever.

It is closest in style and design to a Chevy Avalanche, which no one would call a pickup.
    I call it a "passenger cross-over vehicle with an external pickup style bed". If that is too long, just call it a "Ridgeline".

A "PCVWAEPSB?" You can call it that if you wish... I'll just call it a pickup, thank you. BTW, "Ridgeline" is a vehicle name, not a vehicle category.

I like the design, myself, but the in my mind a true pickup is designed for rugged work, hauling stuff on a construction site or a farm. The Ridgeline is not built for that. It is targeted towards the rising number of people who buy traditional pickups and then use them only as family vehicles with occasional use of the bed to haul stuff home from the store, or whatever.

That is becoming more of an outdated definition as each day passes. Would you consider any full-size 1/2-ton crew cab with a 5.5" bed (F-150 Super Crew, Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, Titan Crew Cab) not to be "true" pickups, because they too fit your discription: "family vehicles with occasional use of the bed to haul stuff home from the store, or whatever"?

It is closest in style and design to a Chevy Avalanche, which no one would call a pickup.

I would say the Frontier Crew Cab, Tacoma Crew Cab, Explorer Sport Trac, and Dakota Crew Cabs are the Ridgeline's primary competition. The Ridgeline may look like a 7/8th scale Avalanche from the side, but that is not its primary target.

Bob
    "A "PCVWAEPSB?" You can call it that if you wish.."

Actually, I wasn't proposing an acronym; "pickup" isn't an acrynym either...

"BTW, "Ridgeline" is a vehicle name, not a vehicle category. "

In my opinion, Ridgline is both a name and a new category. It simply isn't built to do the same things. This is not a bad thing, because it performs it's design function very, very well, better than any pickup out there.

"Would you consider any full-size 1/2-ton crew cab with a 5.5" bed (F-150 Super Crew, Silverado 1500 Crew Cab, Titan Crew Cab) not to be "true" pickups, because they too fit your discription: "family vehicles with occasional use of the bed to haul stuff home from the store, or whatever"?"

Yes, those vehicles would meet my definition of "Pickup" because they could be used for the original pickup function. The Ridgeline cannot be used for the original pickup functions. It is a question of what the vehicle was designed to do.

"I would say the Frontier Crew Cab, Tacoma Crew Cab, Explorer Sport Trac, and Dakota Crew Cabs are the Ridgeline's primary competition."

Well, I suppose so, simply because they are similar size, but I wasn't referring to the competition, I was referring to the design.

I suppose it is another case where we must "agree to disagree".
    Yes, those vehicles would meet my definition of "Pickup" because they could be used for the original pickup function. The Ridgeline cannot be used for the original pickup functions.

Which are??? And what can they do that the Ridgeline can't? The Ridgeline beats the Titan in payload, is within 11 pounds of the F-150, and gets beat by the Silverado by 152 pounds. Yeah, it gets beat in towing, but we knew that anyway.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/edmunds/VehicleComparison;jsessionid=C7Js0MyXGDTypHHJXnG31- - 7cRgqKv4nhNQGYMlmR6zHvvJXqNMc66!-880995592?styleid=100513003&styleid=100447911&styleid=100- - 380663&styleid=100529172&maxvehicles=5&refid=&op=3&tab=specs

Well, I suppose so, simply because they are similar size, but I wasn't referring to the competition, I was referring to the design.

Well the Ridgeline wasn't conceived as a design exercise. It was concieved to take a slice of the midsize pickup (dare I use that word?) market.

I suppose it is another case where we must "agree to disagree".

That's the first thing that you've said that I agree with.

Bob
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    This is way off topic in the pricing discussion - please visit the general Honda Ridgeline SUT discussion to continue this conversation.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks. Just bought a Green RTL from Rushneck in tarrytown NY. Were just $100 over invoice before accessories, first internet quote without haggling. They add some profit with accessories, but are more than happy to sell vehicle without them. If I wanted to save $600 I could have bought car here and bought accessories somewhere else, but they made me a fare offer without games, so I thought they earned it. Also gave good price on trade. Asked for internet quotes from about 20 dealers within an hour of my home. Got the best deal just 10 miles away -- go figure.
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    I paid MSRP for this pickup truck. It the best pickup truck in this price range. No other pickup truck rides as nice as this one. I also really like the open bed and 2 way opening tailgate on this pickup truck. Even at MSRP it's worth it.

It's not rocket science people. It doesn't require a debate.
    "I paid MSRP for this pickup truck. It the best pickup truck in this price range. No other pickup truck rides as nice as this one. I also really like the open bed and 2 way opening tailgate on this pickup truck. Even at MSRP it's worth it. "

Enjoy your new vehicle... ride, truck oh, whatever... :P