Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    If I donot hear from them in Sept. where could I go to followup on this information?

You might want to stop by the Ridgeline Owners Club (ROC). You can google it, and of course Honda's news site.

I'm looking at Sept 1st just as an educated guess. That's when the news embargo is lifted for the models like the 06 Civic. There should be official pics and reviews in all the publications of the 06 models. The push to clear the 05s should be ending then as well. I'm sure they they don't want this info clouding the atmosphere of clearing out the 05s. Dealers know about this now even if they won't admit it. Just don't ask them while they're trying to close a deal on an 05 civic. :)

There are people in dealerships posting on forums that have confirmed this info from Honda. They've also changed their extended warranty terms, but I think I'll be happy with the 5/60 powertrain.

There are many uninformed people that are driving off in new 05 civics and aren't aware of the huge differences between the 05 and 06 civics not to mention the Warranty issue. I feel bad for them. The price of ignorance is too expensive. If people are buying an 05 civic at this point in the month, they should settle for nothing less than invoice or below invoice considering what's coming for 06.
  • hazcathazcat Member Posts: 16
    I just bought mine Saturday and it's still 3/36K with 5/60K powertrain.

BTW, I got a $259/month lease on an RTS for three years. For $6000, I can live without the sunroof!
  • footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    hazcat,

Congrats on your new RTS!

Enjoy!!!
    I am plumb goofy enjoying this truck and I'm shopping for accessories today. Woohoo! I got the truck comparatively cheap, the dealer was not budging one bit on accessories, so all I got was running boards which got installed yesterday. In fact, the salesman came up to me cryin' the blues over that deal. He got his minimum commission and his bonus for the month, so I told him I don't feel totally guilty. ;)
  • ridgeline_2006ridgeline_2006 Member Posts: 19
    Ridgeline Owners:
    The trip computer/trip advisor was disable by Honda so I wrote a letter to Honda and yesterday a lady called me and ask me if I can fax her the picture of this trip computer picture to her from the honda brochure. Do any of you have this picture? If so please let me know, I would to have a copy to this and fax this to her. thanks.
    or email me at beer33_va@hotmail.com
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    It isn't a good idea to post your e-mail address in the forums.. You can go to your preferences, and make it public there.

If you put it in the body of your post, spam-bots can get hold of it, and fill up your inbox..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• askbjaskbj Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an RTS in nor-cal for $28,000 including destination and handling. I love the truck and feel like I got a good deal on the price however was told that due to my credit score of 625, the best rate I could get was 4.9% for 60mos. The rate offered started at 7%, then 5.44% and finaly 4.9%. It seemed to be a moving target that possibly could have been lower.

If using Honda financing are the dealers really restricted to the rates they can offer based on credit or can they lower the rates offered depending on how bad they want to sell the vehicle?

Honda was offering incentive rates as low as 2.9% but that was for a 36mo. term which would make the montly payment out of reach for me.

I am now feeling like I should have held out for a better rate.

Thanks for any info.
  • subs2subs2 Member Posts: 3
    Yes you did get a real good deal on the RL but with a credit score of 625 I think you should be happy with the 4.9% financing. You would have needed a score of 750 or above to get the best rate in my opinion.
  • 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    Hello,
    The Honda dealer across town from me is advertising new 2006 RT / AT Ridgelines with a MSRP of $28,215 for $25,437 + tax, tag, title. I have been looking at Tacomas, and haven't really even thought about a Ridgeline until I saw this ad. Last I had heard, dealers weren't knocking much off of Ridgelines. Is this price consistant with prices that some of you guys are seeing?
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    yes, it is. But there still aren't a lot of RT 's available. And, pricing is a regional thing.

John
  • ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    Pricing is definately regional. In the Tacoma, Wa area, the bottom of the line Ridgeline truck is 32K. Add a hitch and it goes up to 33K. A truck is not a truck without a hitch.
  • fenderbender1fenderbender1 Member Posts: 6
    I know you all may find this hard to beleive, but I just got an internet quote for an RTL, with Sunroof and XM for 28790 + Tax Tag and Title. See below:

Vehicle You Have Requested Information On
    Year 2006
    Make Honda
    Model Ridgeline RTL W/Sunroof...XM already included for about the same price
    Stock# -
    New MSRP -
    Your *e-Price $28,790 + tax, tag, title and administration fee...Underseat Storage is $166.

Now, I am still trying to make decisions, so I have not confirmed this price, but it seems like it should be the next model down.
    Where are you, Fenderbender? I just told my brother-in-law in CT he was full o' [doodoo] when he told me someone up there bought an RTL w/ MR for about $28,500. I would have driven up for that and I'm in GA.:cry:

I did the internet research around here, but when I walked into the local dealership, they quoted the same prices right on the spot, $2300 below MSRP.
    Hazcat, you are in luck...I am in SC.
    Hazcat, you are in luck...I am in SC.

:cry: I already bought mine! :cry:

Oh, well, still wasn't a totally bad deal. My 1986 Toyota just couldn't hang in there another few months.
    I sure hope they still have deals like this when I'm ready to latch on to an '07 Ridge. Should be about a year from now right? In other words, September 2006?

Keep us posted on your ultra low price fenderbender1 and whether you actually did get that deal!

Thanks. :)
    I think the price is for real...I am interested in the ridgeline because I have a gas guzzling F150 and was trying to strike a balance. I called my salesman today and he gave me a quote on an Accord Hybrid at around 26500.

I haven't really searched around for prices on these, but that was much better than I was expecting. I'll keep you all in the loop on what actually happens.

Sorry to hear about the buyers remorse hazcat, but I bought a Honda Odyssey back when they were the rage...but I don't regret the deal...It was the right price at the time.
    Oh, don't pay attention to my whining.;) I still love the truck and let the dogs have the car section out of the newspaper now.

BTW, my sister has a 2005 F150 with a six cylinder and is all smug about her fuel economy vs. mine. Ahh, just wait 'til she sees and drives my truck!
  • farmguyfarmguy Member Posts: 3
    Just bought the base model RT at what feels like a good price from a dealership in NW Washington. There don't seem to be many RTs, I only found a few in the area, including Seattle, after a cursory search of major dealerships.

I was able to get the RT for $27000 flat, including a tow package and fog lights. I looked at this as $170 over invoice of $25542 (inc dest) plus the $1288 normal price they wanted for the fogs and tow pkg, installed. Tax + license was added, and rear splashs and a tank of gas was thrown in.

Thank you all here for great info. It allowed me to be prepared and confident for walking into the showroom. It paid off, since I was able to challenge the Gen. Mgr. on his invoice price. After checking his own documents, he admitted he was wrong, apologized and gave me what I wanted! That made it all the better....

I spent a few days talking myself out of the all goodies on the upper models; I really wanted a sunroof, power seat, and a few other items, but pricing was important and Honda makes sure everything you really NEED is standard, i.e. safety, power train, VSA, etc. Nothing fancy, but I feel great about my plain white RL!
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    Honda makes sure everything you really NEED is standard, i.e. safety, power train, VSA, etc. Nothing fancy, but I feel great about my plain white RL!

True, even the RT is pretty loaded. I'm even impressed with the cloth interior on the RT. It's much better than the base Taco cloth interior.
  • bosshovabosshova Member Posts: 4
    High, just discovered this web site and you guys have been helpful. I have been in the market for about a week. I'm looking for a rts or an rtl with nav. Now bidding started at 27955, 400 over invoice for an rts, and with this new incentive Honda is kicking in 1000 cash back giving my grand total now to 26,555. Is this a good deal? I'm have not gotten a serious offer on the rtl with nav yet but I told them that i would pay no more than 28500 (lol)! ;)
    I'm moving to Houston! Here in MN we're still well over invoice. According to Carsdirect for an RTS:

Invoice Price: $27,611
    Target Price: $28,875

What's with the $1000 incentive ... ? Hadn't heard of that yet. Sounds like you're getting a great deal there. Good luck latching on to an RTL w/navi for $28,500. :)
    You should wait then and purchase your ridgeline here. Texas is a truck state. Competition is fierce and most non-Honda trucks have big dealer rebates here. So the getting is good! Go to Honda's site and shoot Gillman Honda of Houston 59 s at the beltway an email and see what you get. Internet price quotes are usually better for some odd reason.

I gave up on the Rtl/navi and decided to buy and eclipse aftermarket. My final negotiated price is 26,555 form 31905 MSRP. I pick it up tomorrow. :)
    So I bought the RTS, 26555 a cool $1000 under invoice, and I want to install a navi.
    Does Honda offer the navi as an aftermarket accessory, if not can you guys recommend one?
  • reinerkreinerk Member Posts: 1
    I have owned my Ridgeline for 6 months and would like to (objectively) share the following to help others decide whether the Ridgeline is the "right" vehicle for them. Please consider the following:
    Very good: car-like ride, cab space, under bed storage, overall styling
    Good: miles per gallon, tailgate opens traditional style and barnyard style
    Poor: A typical Honda - somewhat under powered (too much gear shifting). Would not recomend Ridgeline for anyone doing a lot of towing. Also, I have sent HONDA USA two e-mails and never got any acknowledgment.
    Very Poor: Tonneau Cover is a "Rube Goldberg." Why?
    [a] All Ridgeline Tonneau covers use the same lock and key (can you believe it!)
    [b] It's a 2 man effort to take it out and put it back in (very inconvenient!)
    [c] The tonneau cover design is poorly engineered and it does not work seamlessly without some frustration - even after the dealer has installed some hoaky shims.
  • miket5miket5 Member Posts: 12
    Wow bosshova (post #304)!! What dealer did you buy this at. I'll follow you there tomorrow! 26555 for an RTS sounds like a bargain. Then again I'm wondering what kind of pressures dealers and Ridgeline sales are experiencing right now--freeing up pressure on supply/demand:
    1. Gas prices are a bit intimidating
    2. Other competing trucks are selling '05 models off with a vengence of discounts.
    3. Post "employee pricing" season has dealers feeling the pinch of anticipating a really lean time for a few months. My friend is a finance mgr at a Ford dealer and says they are really not looking forward to this period.

Does anyone know how "new" or recent the $1000 incentive back to the dealer is? Was this happening during the recent employee discounts? If not, this is another reason for dealers to be more flexible with their pricing. I'm going serious shopping tomorrow, so we'll see what kind of great deals I can scare up.
    Bought a RTS this weekend for 26,500 including destination. This was my starting offer and I never had to budge from it. Added to this was tow pkg, bed extender, protection package. Dealer installed accessories were harder to bargain on. The night before "p" day (the "p" stands for purchase) I sent about 10 e-mails with my offer to honda dealers throughout the Puget Sound area. I said that I would be purchasing the vehicle on Sat. and if they wanted my business to call my cell phone. If they had the right deal I'd be on the road and come running. By 10:30 am I had no less than 5 offers. Two were for my asking price. As I sat in one dealer's chair I had to be excused to talk to another one on my cell. Worked very nicely. Thank the Lord for technology. Would have taken a lot more work to set this up otherwise.
    Now I have a question- I based my starting offer on the information provided by Edmunds that the dealer was getting a 1,000 rebate which was unseen to the consumer. Consumer Reports, when I printed out their $12 info sheet on the Ridgeline, disagreed with that. They said there was no rebate. During the deal the salesman adamently claimed that there was no rebate--this was on the Pilot, not the Ridgeline. In retrospect I think he was right. But I'm surprised that they were willing to come down on their price this far without it. Guess I should have started my bidding 1,000 lower. I should thank Edmunds for the misinformation! (if indeed it is.)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    How long ago did you get the pricing sheet from CR? Edmunds shows the dealer marketing support of $1000, effective 10/04/05... Perhaps your information from CR is not up to date?

Either way, I wouldn't pick a salesperson as the oracle for dealer incentives.. He has no incentive to be upfront about incentives that the customer doesn't get directly..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    To piggyback on top of that....if you go to carsdirect.com and select the ridgeline it is going to give you a price that is $1000 below invoice....the dealer incentive goes to the first part of December....and just to make sure the price was correct I call another Honda dealer...told them the price ($1K under invoice) and they said they would match...no problem....so to me the salesman is not very knowledgeable...
    The 05 Pilot has a $1500 incentive...not $1000 anyways...
    Just my .02....
    I did the CR report on Saturday morning before I went out to buy the car.

MSN says invoice is 27056. Destination makes it 27606. So I bought it 1106 under invoice. The dealer does get the 3% of MSRP holdback, which is 902.25. Guess this would show them loosing money, which I doubt happened. You might be right, but of the three sources I would guess CR to be the most accurate. Anyways, good luck dealing for a RTS for any less than this--at least at the current time/market conditions.
    First congrats to you miket5, incentive or no incentive 26-5 seems to be the sweet spot for now on the RTS and the deals will only get better as the year ends and the 07 model roles out. So far I'm loving it. Smooth, comfortable ride. I installed an after market navi, the eclipse AVN5495 that fits my needs nicely. I also own an Infiniti fx35 and I barely miss driving it. The convenience of having that trunk just tickles me to no end. It's one of those things that until you have experienced it in a truck you wonder how they ever made one without it. Fill-up ain't cheap, but that's to be expected. How many miles to the gallon you guys getting out there?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since this discussion focuses on pricing, you'll have better luck asking your MPG and other ownership questions in our regular Honda Ridgeline SUT discussion, where other owners hang out.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• troybarwicktroybarwick Member Posts: 9
    Anyone know the current discounts on an RTL with Navi in the NOVA/D.C. area?
  • poochiazpoochiaz Member Posts: 3
    I'm about to spring for the subject vehicle for an "out the door" price of $32,227.97. This price includes vehicle (29,016.00), tax (2350.29), documentation (299.00), tags 577.58) and tire tax (5.00). Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Are there any other charges that could pop up? Thanks for any comments.
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    Dude,
    $3200 off looks good. I saw a Navi all in stock for $3400 off so your deal looks fair.

I like the leather package as you get heated seats.

If deal is set, ask for one more thing that I would want: OK dealer I will take your deal if you throw in rear mudd guards. Done. Easy way to get something the truck needs anyway.

Enjoy.

You also may want to have dealer run numbers on a leadership purchase based on your above sales prices. A 36 month 2.51% (exc credit) ballon. Title in your name. Residual about 59% and 35 payments for 45,000 mile contract would be $350 with absolutely not a dollar down. Residual around $18,900. So you could simply buy it later if you like it, sell it yourself if market is good then or turn it in.
    I like having options.
    What I like about this, say the world enters a new era of gas prices (bad) and there is no way the truck will hold value -- Honda takes the risk for modest sum since residual is high and interest rate low.

what color you going for?
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Didn't look at the invoice on the RT-L but i can tell you that there is a $1K incentive on these things until Dec. 05. So if you have not taken that into account on the price you may want to check it out.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try for the mud guards. I have the green exterior with green leather picked out.
    I am aware of the 1K incentive. The quote pretty much speaks for itself. If you can believe the invoice number quoted, the price for the vehicle before taxes etc. is $1000 under invoice. The invoice quoted was $29,016 versus $29,336 I saw listed on Edmonds as the National Base Price for this model and trim with sunroof and XM radio. Thanks for your input.
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    Good deal except for the tax. That is way too much.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

TC
  • wooddorkerwooddorker Member Posts: 300
    The same deal has been seen in CT newspapers for at least a month.
  • bipsterbipster Member Posts: 5
    I forget what the tax deal is on car purchases. Does buying out of your home state have any advantages or does it all come down to where you register the thing?
  • tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    So dealers in the NE regularly sell the RT model for just shy of $23k.
    That is a great deal in my book. What do I smell bait and switch on it?
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    I have bought many vehicles out of state (20 years in the military). You will pay the sales tax to the state that you register the vehicle in at a minimum. When I bought my Harley 6 years ago in FL the dealer would not sell me the bike unless I paid FL sales tax, even though I showed him on the web site of my home state that I would be paying the sales tax there. That was the only time I ever paid the sales tax at the point of purchase when I bought out of state. At the time Harleys were tough to find so I agreed because I wanted the bike.

All you need to get when you buy out of state are the certificate of origin (or manufacturer's title), the odometer statement, and the bill of sale. A temp tag to get you home would be wise as well. That is all you need to take to the DMV to get the car registered in your state and they will charge you the sales tax at that time if you haven't paid it yet. IF you do pay sales tax in the other state, they will probably still charge you either the difference (if any), or the full amount and then tell you to go get a refund from the first state for what you paid there.
  • menkmenk Member Posts: 2
    I bought my RTS a few weeks back from a Honda dealer in Fairfax VA for $26,300 flat
    Except for taxes and tags.
    In fact I had bought an RT a week earlier for $24,000 but because the front seat was so uncomfortable the dealer just upgraded me to the RTS for $2,300.. Well worth the upgrade, the seats are so better as well as the extras that really make a difference. the only thing that is not worth much to me is the 6 cd changer, does not play MP3's which in this day and age is dumb and there is no aux jack or easy way to add one... I am going to upgrade it to an Aftermarket Nav system later, other than that I LOVE THIS SUT....
    The dealer was very helpful and there was very little to no haggling for the price.
    I will be buying from this dealer for a long time to come..

Little advice don’t bother with any of the extras at the dealers, you can buy everything on line much cheaper and put it in or on yourself
    Honda did a very good job with this SUT as far as adding aftermarket parts and how easy it really is, They have very well written PDFs on line to show you how to do stuff before you buy. and as you are installing

Gas on this SUT could be better and I am hopping to be getting better gas mileage as the SUT gets broken in, after the first tank of gas I got 15 + miles to the gallon, and I have been driving this SUT very lightly.
    First fill up was at 280 mile and I put 18.5 gallons in, and that was me topping of the last .5…..
    :)
  • menkmenk Member Posts: 2
    I bought my RTS a few weeks back from a Honda dealer in Fairfax VA for $26,300 flat
    Except for taxes and tags.
    In fact I had bought an RT a week earlier for $24,000 but because the front seat was so uncomfortable the dealer just upgraded me to the RTS for $2,300.. Well worth the upgrade, the seats are so better as well as the extras that really make a difference. the only thing that is not worth much to me is the 6 cd changer, does not play MP3's which in this day and age is dumb and there is no aux jack or easy way to add one... I am going to upgrade it to an Aftermarket Nav system later, other than that I LOVE THIS SUT....
    The dealer was very helpful and there was very little to no haggling for the price.
    I will be buying from this dealer for a long time to come..

Little advice don’t bother with any of the extras at the dealers, you can buy everything on line much cheaper and put it in or on yourself
    Honda did a very good job with this SUT as far as adding aftermarket parts and how easy it really is, They have very well written PDFs on line to show you how to do stuff before you buy. and as you are installing

Gas on this SUT could be better and I am hopping to be getting better gas mileage as the SUT gets broken in, after the first tank of gas I got 15 + miles to the gallon, and I have been driving this SUT very lightly.
    First fill up was at 280 mile and I put 18.5 gallons in, and that was me topping of the last .5…..
    :)
  • slim6370slim6370 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, 1st time posting here, but I would like to thank all the others who have posted here and on the other Ridgeline forums. It has helped me a great deal. I just bought a Ridgeline RTL w/ Moonroof yesterday in Massachusetts. I think I got a great price....only took one phone call. I went to the dealer, picked out a color, did the paperwork and was on the way home in 3 hours with the new vehicle :-)

I paid 27,998 and got special financing from AHFC (4.9%)that started yesterday and runs through 11/21/05 I believe. The dealer charged a 298.00 doc fee, plus the standard sales tax, license plate and registration fee.

I even negotiated my trade in over the phone(2003 Honda Accord LX) and had no problems when I got there. I was in the business office 10 minutes max with no pressure to buy all the usual add-ons (extended warranty, etc). Smoothest car transaction I have ever done.
  • inkyofokinkyofok Member Posts: 62
    $28k for an RTL/sunroof---Great deal, $5000+ off right?
    I guess dealer gave up all markup from MSRP
    all hold back
    all incentives

I guess they did make the $300 doc fee.
    Enjoy you got a deal.
    Was the trade in well below NADA loan value?
  • slim6370slim6370 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, 5,000+ off MSRP. I got 13,500 which is below NADA, but right on Edmund's....it did need some minor repair for scratches in the rear quarter....I was hapy getting that....no complaints. I was treated very nicely.... I hope they make a few bucks off the trade.
  • fltdeckabfltdeckab Member Posts: 1
    I live in Eastern NC (coastal) and would like to know the name of your salesman. I am in the Military, retiring early next and would like to hook up with him and buy an RTS for that deal. It would be worth the drive!