Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Not many of these 06's left. Look at my message 537 and follow from there for an 07.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Can anyone tell me what this truck is selling for in So. Calif.? We want the 2006 RTL w/ Navi.
    Thanks.
  • suv5suv5 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone share what they paid for an '07 RTL w/ Navi in the Southern Calif. area?
    Go to ridgelineownersclub.com and peruse the prices paid forum. Most are paying about 3000 off msrp for an 07. Many were paying about 5000-6k off about 5-9 months after the 06 intro.

Since the vehicle depreciates about 10k from list the first year, personally I would want more than 3k off.

--jjf
  • jimmy62jimmy62 Member Posts: 6
    In my experience, in a cash deal, a $3,000 discount is the samllest to which you should agree on a 2007. $3,500 is more like it if you are trading or financing.
  • prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    ' my experience, in a cash deal, a $3,000 discount is the samllest to which you should agree on a 2007. $3,500 is more like it if you are trading or financing.'

I am assuming you believe that if one pays cash for a car they can negotiate a better deal? Nothing can be further from the truth. The dealer gets paid whether you pay him in cash but he gets paid more if they are able to finance the car for you. So the reality is that the dealer might rather have you finance the car through their F&I person and secure the perks and benefits associated with such a deal.
  • infinity38sinfinity38s Member Posts: 2
    2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL with Leather and Navigation system (model#YK1657KNW)
    With all standard equipment. MSRP-$35,535 and they offer it for Nice Price: $32,053

*Expires 7 days after quote
    *Prices not valid after months end.
    *Price valid for in stock vehicles only.

or
    2007 Honda Ridgeline RT (model#YK1627EW)
    with all standard equipment.
    MSRP: $28,395

Nicer Price: $25,637

would you thing this is a good price , need your comment
    The RL wholesales about 10k from list 1st year, so the prices you post (around invoice) have one eating about $7000 in depreciation year one (yucky).

Go to ridgelineownersclub.com and the prices paid forum. 6000 off msrp was not uncommon the 06 models and the scenery probably hasn't changed for the 07s. Many incentives (especially with honda) are unadvertised dealer cash and you have to smoke um out. Go to my membername jimf on this forum and read my posts there.

--jjf
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    I'm all for getting the best price possible, but you're comparing "wholesales" pricing with 'dealer' pricing.

Assuming you can sell a used Ridgeline 'private party' over selling to a wholeseller, I think the deal that infinity38 was looking at might have a $4k depreciation in the first year which is pretty typical imo.

With that said I'm going to assume that since no one is posting here of late, that Ridgeline sales are slow to dead.
    hmmm Is that factory to dealer cash I'm smelling? ;)
    That is a big assumption. Getting anywhere near private party is hard with $8000 cars much less $20000 cars. For normal consumer market autos, in this price range, wholesaling it to a dealer is almost the only choice. Most need financing (hi interest) which dealers can provide and greatly expand the pool of buyers.

--jjf

Assuming you can sell a used Ridgeline 'private party' over selling to a wholeseller, I think the deal that infinity38 was looking at imo.
    might have a $4k depreciation in the first year which is pretty typical
    if you look at any of the on-line sites for used cars you will find very few used Ridgelines to chose from. There's only one that I can find in the SF Bay Area.

I've been in search of a used Pilot and can testify that most in my area are asking and getting above 'private party' pricing according to Edmunds. It's safe to say the Pilot holds it's value pretty well. As for the Ridgeline that's hard to tell with the exception of the early buyers who paid WAY to much at MSRP or anywhere close to MSRP.
    You've got it right on the RL but the pilot depreciates about 10k from list 1st year also. Please don't get me started on the idiosycracies, fads, etc of the bay area.

Many purchased Pilot 06's in the last 4 months for 7-8000 off MSRP, with even dopes getting $5000 off. (Review the July -Sept section of the Pilot prices paid forum) Many of these were in California although you noted you were on planet SF.

Check my message #12481 in the Honda Accord prices paid discussion for useful info on buying a car, especially the fightingchance.com package.

I would definitely explore the prices obtained soliciting bids (email or fax) from 10-20 dealers towards the end of the month on a new 07 to see what dealer incentives I could smoke out. I would go to Sacramento, Folsom or LA if need be to get a new 07 for $1000 less than a used 06 "kbb private party" sale in the bay area, if thats truly the best you could get there. The Honda site dealer locator is your guide.

Also go to myhondawarranty.com to get the internet price on the hondacare warranty if you want an extension. It's usually $500-$1000 less there than your dealer will offer at time of sale.

You want to buy neither the new RL or Pilot for anywhere near invoice (about $3000) off. You want $5000-$6000 off these machines.

Also pass on the 2wd version of the Pilot. Its half the machine the 4wd is and the $1200 savings ($600-800 many times in actual practice) and 2 mpg isn't worth it.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

if you look at any of the on-line sites for used cars you will find very few used Ridgelines to chose from. There's only one that I can find in the SF Bay Area.

I've been in search of a used Pilot and can testify that most in my area are asking and getting above 'private party' pricing according to Edmunds. It's safe to say the Pilot holds it's value pretty well. As for the Ridgeline that's hard to tell with the exception of the early buyers who paid WAY to much at MSRP or anywhere close to MSRP.
    $5-$6k off MSRP? or invoice?

I did see one recent post on the Pilot board who said factory cash is back on the '07 Pilot ($2,000?). So I see $2,000 under invoice possible at the end of the month.

As for "planet SF Bay Area" (LOL) It's like that up and down the west coast. Seems you have to take to the back roads and go to the central valley or at least threaten that to get dealers to cave in.

BTW; my last Honda purchase was an '02 Odyssey. I had to drive 100 miles just to get one for MSRP. Now I'm taking no prisoners in negotiating. :mad:
    It is off MSRP. Read the resources I recommend. Get off the invoice kick. It is and can be more and more a rather arbitrary #. Numerous people were buying the 06 pilot for invoice-holdback-3000(advertised dealer cash) and then another 600-1000 or more unadvertised. There is very little negotiating. I'm not saying that applies now but the Pilot is not a rare 1912 bordeau and with the redesign in 08 may move very slowly. ( It sure did for 06) You need to find the 8-10% of dealers needing to deal eom and get them to bid down.

Several buyers of pilots in August were proud of themselves getting $5200 (they made the dealer give him a whole 2000 of the advertised 3000 dealer cash) off the machine and then beating the dealer over the head for 2 hours to "negotiate" $100 worth of wheel locks, oil changes and windowetch thrown into the deal. The average buyer getting 3-4 quotes got $6000 off.

The Pilot wholesales about 10k from list 1st year so even at $6000 off they are hardly giving them away.

Yes you are correct that smaller dealers in the stix may tend to deal more. 1 or 2 additional sales eom are more meaningful to them.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    How rumors get started....

For the record, there is NO incentive money on 2007 Ridgelines! This applied to 2006's only!

And, it sure wasn't 3000.00!
    isell,
    I was referring to the '07 pilot which is what someone posted saying there is $2,000 factory cash to the dealer.

care to comment on that?
    There is zero factory cash on 2007's!

People read things here and think it's gospel!
    I believe isellhondas is correct, as of now I think there is zero ADVERTISED dealer cash. Which is usually the case.

That said, there are numerous individuals who have purchased the 07 vehicle for 4200, 4800 and 5800 off list (1200-2900 under invoice). A recent purchase of $7000 off an 06 leftover RTL also.

The cash is there, smoke out the dealer who will cough it up. The vehicle (like the pilot) depreciates from list about 10k first year, so you want about 5-6k off.

Happy Hunting,

--jjf
    You are absoultly wrong and you shouldn't come on these boards and post information that is false!

This applied to 2006's only!

I don't understand why anyone would come here and make false statements?
    Isell,

Did Honda advertise factory cash incentives for the remaining '06 Pilots? I check the ads out allot and have never seen something that alludes to that, but "rumor has it" it occured.

My point is, how does the public ever know about factory cash incentives unless the dealer/salesman is willing to say so? Does Honda put it on a website or in print advertising?

There may be some false information on these boards or just wishful thinking, but there's allot of good information as well.
    Actually, most of the information on these boards is good information.

There are also a few (not many)people who post prices that just didn't happen. Others read this, take it as gospel and become very frustrated when they can't do the same.

And, I'm the guy who gets the brunt of this sometimes.

Honda does not advertise incentives. That money belongs to the dealer. If the dealers choose to use those dollars as we often do to reduce prices, that is up to them.

There are plenty of places that publish current incentives.

I just get annoyed when people post information that is false. A good reason why I usually stay clear of the Prices Paid boards.
    Paid $29k including destination for EX-L RES. We are located in the Poconos. This is our 2nd Pilot and had no problems on our '04 with over 90k miles. I am not sure there could be a better SUV. I am sure some can equal it but the Pilot is surely at the top of the heap. When you buy one you'll understand.
    I would NOT RECOMMEND RAY PRICE HONDA. They did absolutely nothing for me, didn't remove the shipping wax/plastic film from the roof and are simply indifferent to their customers. Stay away.
    Really? They missed the shipping film on the roof??

Is your Ridgeline white?

Maybe a white RL and a short lot attendant?

Pulling that stuff off would take you all of 30 seconds.
    Not the removable plastic but the sticky bond beneath that requires a chemical remover. I wish it were as simple as pulling it off. Ray Price didn't even give me an oil change or even offer a gift. Never again, Ray! Never again will you get my hard earned money. In fact, I'll buy my new Ridgeline from Lehigh Vly Honda where they at least gave me wheel locks and the first oil change free on my first Pilot.
    It sounds like something got on your car that they should be able to remove. The white plastic sheeting pulls right off.

I guess I'm wondering why you thought they should give you something? Nothing is really free. Instead of those wheel locks or oil change they could have redused the price by that much. I don't give my customers anything and they don't expect me to. I just try to give them great service before and after the sale.
    how about a full tank of gas in a new Ridgeline?

that's pretty standard I would hope
    A full tank of gas comes with every new Honda.
    'I guess I'm wondering why you thought they should give you something?'

Well, lets see. They ask me to complete a post sale survey which many dealers receive money for or they wouldn't push 'give me perfect scores, please'. Also, I have never bought a car where the salesperson didn't give me wheel locks or something and the dealership provide a comp. oil change. Sounds to me like you are a dealer or salesperson who doesn't want consumers to know what they should get when they make a $30,000 purchase.

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THAT CONSUMERS IN THE AREA SHOULD AVOID RAY PRICE HONDA. THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
    ford once gave me a bed liner and first oil change
    BMW gave me a key chain, only to charge me $90 for floor mats
    but i can't say Honda has thrown in anything except the gas

I guess it all depends on how well the car is selling and how hard you negotiate.
  • hondaguy67hondaguy67 Member Posts: 66
    Honda does not pay dealers for surveys.

It is the salesperson that gets rewarded from honda for good surveys, but not always with money (and even when it is it is not a whole lot)

the CSI survey is purely for the salesperson and the finance manager. NOT THE DEALERSHIP
  • yukigingeryukiginger Member Posts: 6
    Two weeks ago my wife and I got the RTX in Dark Cherry Pearl. The deal was with the trade of my '98 Civic LX, 4 dr., w/120k miles on it, in very good condition. Price was $6600 off list with this trade. The dealer added about $250 in prep, documentation fees, registration, and the wheel locks. Sorry, I can't remember the exact amount. Also got 4.9% for 5 years.

It took three weeks to get the truck, my second color choice, but they did get me one, and I am happy with the deal (and very happy with the truck so far).

MarkG
  • redsoxwinredsoxwin Member Posts: 1
    I have been quoted a price of 25,700 on a used 2007 RTS with 5500 miles. Does anyone think this is a decent deal?
  • madhondamadhonda Member Posts: 5
    How can Honda Finance come up with a a $299 a month payment on a 36 month lease on a $25k dollar car? It don't add up.

Questions:

1) How do you get a $299 payment on around $1,500 due at signing on 36 month lease on a $25,000 price?

AND

2) What do ya'll thank of this deal? (Please look at each line and advise if good numbers)

$25,644.00 Price Quote (Ridgeline RTX)
    $12,000.00 Minus For Trade (2004 Honda CRV,LX. 34k)
    $13,644.00 Trade Difference
    $299.00 Customer Service Fee
    $418.29 NC State Tax (3%)
    $69.00 New Tags (NCDMV)
    $14,430.29 Sub-Total
    $10,500 Add Payoff
    $24,430 Total Price

Thanks
    Jim
    A lease is determined by the depreciation over 3 years, the money factor is for the finance charge for tying up their 20k + asset for 3 years. (this component of the lease more subject to price) That said, the lease is meant to be a fleece, and most are unattractive (except to payment buyers which they are mean't to impress, ....and rip off) A really good lease deal would be about 270-300/mo total with tax with no money down (15000mi). You may have to solicit 30 bids by email end of month to try to get it tho.

Many are getting the RTX for about 24500, with some doing better than that. Personally I would want at least 5k off as the machine wholesales 10k off list 1st year. You have a 10,500 payoff itemized... Does that mean you owe 24000 on the crv?

--Jim (also) ;)

How can Honda Finance come up with a a $299 a month payment on a 36 month lease on a $25k dollar car? It don't add up.

Questions:

1) How do you get a $299 payment on around $1,500 due at signing on 36 month lease on a $25,000 price?

AND

2) What do ya'll thank of this deal? (Please look at each line and advise if good numbers)

$25,644.00 Price Quote (Ridgeline RTX)
    $12,000.00 Minus For Trade (2004 Honda CRV,LX. 34k)
    $13,644.00 Trade Difference
    $299.00 Customer Service Fee
    $418.29 NC State Tax (3%)
    $69.00 New Tags (NCDMV)
    $14,430.29 Sub-Total
    $10,500 Add Payoff
    $24,430 Total Price

Thanks
    Jim
  • madhondamadhonda Member Posts: 5
    Nope the payoff is $10,500.
    They offered me $12,000 in trade allowance

The trade seems a little low. (I think 13,500 is better)

Honda Finance is saying that the I can buy the Ridgeline for around 17,000 at the end of the lease.
  • fxdonrfxdonr Member Posts: 3
    Back in May I bought an RTS for $26500 with a $11500 trade on my '02 CRV EX. The CRV had 72K miles on it. You should be able to get $2000 more for your CRV. Go to the high volume dealers in your area even if you have to drive an hour or so to get to one. It will be worth it!
  • sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    I have 11 months left in a lease, so a 2008 model will be my next vehicle.
    I'm wondering when the Automotive companies begin to release details about their next model year improvements.
    At this point, the Ridgeline is my number one, but there are other vehicles that are close, so the new features could be a deciding factor.
    I tend to research the heck out of this type of decision, and wouldn't mind getting started last week.
    Sandyl,

I don't think the 2nd generation of the Ridgeline will not come until 2009, so the 2008 may not change much. It is possible the car could benefit from a new 300 horse power engine in '08; the same engine the Pilot will get in '08 and the same engine the Acura MDX has for their '07 model.

I really like the Ridgeline - most everything but the looks which is why I'm waiting to see what Honda comes up with in 2009 - I think they can do allot better in style much like Chevy did on their last revision.
  • johngf1johngf1 Member Posts: 37
    Was just quoted $24887 for RT and $500 more for RTX - don't know why they are discounting so much but we are going to buy very soon. Spoke w/ 4 dealers 2 low prices and 2 over 26,000. BTW these are out the door(ex tax) prices.
    Honda is also offering 0.9% 3 year financing which is unbelievable.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    Ridgeline has $ 2000.00 dealer cash on them . On other boards I see buyers getting invoice minus the $ 2000.00
  • spursfan2007spursfan2007 Member Posts: 17
    its 1500.00
  • jasons0147jasons0147 Member Posts: 1
    Dealer cash of $1500 cannot be used in conjunction with special APR.
  • rhondapbrhondapb Member Posts: 4
    I have been quoted the following on a Honda Ridgeline RT...please note that we live in Hawaii and on our island there is only 1 Honda Dealer....

Retail $32390 + fees (+Splash Guards $124 + Bed Extender $380)They said they would give it to me for $28395 + $342 for bed extender + fees.

They said the Residual Value on it would be $16185.15 and it would be a 36 month Lease, 12,000 miles, $4,000 down would be $421.30

I asked them "what are the Fees and what is the Lease Rent Charge" and they answered:

The price breakdown is 28737+ fees including the splash guards and the bed extender and the Destination fee. The only other fees would be the acquisition fee that Honda finance charges of 595 to start the lease And the wholesale taxes of 143.68, both of these are financed into the lease.

As for your second question regarding the rent charge, we refer to this as a money factor and based upon your Credit tier, the money factor is .285 (with the security deposit being waived). The monthly charge is 121.30 based upon The money factor.

From what I have read on other postings...this is really high even for Hawaii...how can I negotiate something better?

Thanks for ANY help!
    With only one dealer to deal with... you may be screwed. $350 per month with 15000 mi and no money down would be a real good deal around here. With 4000 down if the monthly payment is 421 that would be around $540/mo equivalent.

I can't believe you can't finance this outright ($28737 for 48 months at 5- 7% is what? $650/mo?) With no mileage limitation or wear and tear on a direct purchase.

--jjf
    I think that I will go ahead and just buy. With their .9% financing they have on offer right now it looks like the better deal than what I am being offered.

I am going to see if I can get an RT for under $25000 though. I will see what happens. Thanks. I thought the lease looked awful, I was not prepared to pay that AT ALL!

I might be interested in a Pilot too...so maybe they will give me an awesome deal.
    what's it cost to ship a car from the main land to hawaii?

I gotta believe this dealer is exceeding the cost to ship.

If you know of someone who sends a container on a regular basis to Hawaii from the mainland, maybe you can work out a deal with him.
    I should look into that. I need to look at the Forum for how much an RT is and what others have been paying for it in California.
  • jonejam18jonejam18 Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone...just got this offer. 2007 Certified used RTS with 2000 miles. Accessories added...chrome grill, rear mud flaps, and trailer hitch. Offer of $25,000. What does everyone think?
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    fyi-
    Honda has issued a recall for the Ridgeline. Buyer beware!
    Oh boy. I'm going to limit my selections to a manufacturer or production car that hasn't issued a recall. Or better yet, stick the consumer with the repair costs.

--jjf

fyi-
    Honda has issued a recall for the Ridgeline. Buyer beware!