Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LaCrosse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited April 2015 in Buick
Share your shopping success stories here!

To discuss current lease details for the latest model, please join us in the 2015 Buick LaCrosse Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Buick LaCrosse page.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    How come no LaCrosse owner is posting here ? :confuse:
  • wildcat1wildcat1 Member Posts: 6
    I ordered my 2006 Lacrosse CXS with [ what was in 2005] the gold convenience package, stabilitrack, XM radio,and chrome package on 16 Aug 2005. It arrived at the dealer and I took delivery on 20 Sep. I used the Costco auto purchase service to get a pre negotiated price from the dealer . The sticker was $31,510.00. The dealer discount was just over $2,000.00, the manufacturer rebate was $1,000.00, I also own a 99 Intrigue which I allow my son to use now which gave me a $1,000.00 "Loyalty" discount, and I used my $3,500.00 GM credit card points which made my effective purchase price of the car before document fee, tax & license $24,000.00. There was a $175.00 "document fee" plus sales tax and new plates [ in CT]. There were several leftover 05 models in stock in most dealers, but they all had sun roofs and other undesireable options [I also have a convertible], but I wanted a 2006 due to the increased warranty, ability to get exactly what I wanted without unwanted extra's ,and the side curtain air bags as standard. I figure that I paid about $850.00 more for an 06 than an 05 with the 05's employee discount before I used the loyalty and credit card credits, but have a one year newer vehicle. If I'm going to purchase a new car, I want it new for an entire year. So far, no problems, and I love it.
  • wildcat1wildcat1 Member Posts: 6
    I also have remote start which I forgot to mention in the last post.
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    Car_man:

Could you please give me the residual and money factor (interest rate) on a 2006 Buick LaCrosse CX in South Florida? The MSRP is $23920 and the dealer wants $340/month with $1000 down. This seems extremely high to me. The car is for my in-laws.

You have helped me before. Last month you gave me information on the lease of a new Subaru for my wife.

Thanks,

Phil
  • ranger551ranger551 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the LaCrosse in Jun 05, love the car, would love to have better mileage, but hey, if you like a quiet and comfortable car, the LaCrosse is it. This car is almost loaded and i love it. The only problems i have with it is, 1- the cup holders are not very user friendly and the trunk has no handle/handgrip to open it. Other than those downfalls, its a great ride.
  • chandlerazchandleraz Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2006 LaCrosse about two months back. So far so good, the ride is great, the interior is very quiet. I still need to figure out a way to program the garage door opener. Remote starter is very useful in winter time, I also use it to impress my friends who drive more expensive cars. I wish Buick had the option for Nav system. I believe Lucerne has it. After driving Honda and Nissan for number of years, I am very impressed with Buick. I thought it had more appealing interior than either Accord or Camry, but the new 2007 Camary looks very nice too.
  • russellmrussellm Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a new '06 Lacrosse on Saturday July 1st. I had been watching two cars on the dealer's lot for the past month and a half. I was interested in the CXL with a sunroof, which was something I wanted to do to my 2002 Regal ever since I bought it, but never got around to taking it in. The dealership had both a black and a slatstone CXL with sunroofs. The only thing I had against the black, which I liked best, was the overpriced upgraded radio, which I seldom listen to anyway. We ended up with the slatestone Lacrosse, since that was my wife's favorite one and this is supposed to be her car.

The options on this car, besides the sunroof included the driver confidence package, heated seats, remote start and the chrome appearance package, which is something I have seen on every Lacrosse they had on the lot. The remote start is great. It is both useful on a hot day as well as a cold day and will sense the outside temp and decide whether or not you need heat or A/C, even putting on the defrosters if the temp is below 40 degrees. The most fun is watching peoples reactions when suddenly this car in the parking lot beeps and then the engine starts when no one is near and you're still a long distance from the car.

As for price, the sticker price was $27,920.00. I made them an offer of invoice plus $300 and $8000.00 for my '02 Regal with only 31000 miles on it. They came back with $7000 trade-in and I said that I would just keep the car and forget about the new car. I told them that the black book value for that car was between $6600 to 8600, there were no dents or dings and that the car had always been serviced at their dealership, so it qualified as a Certified used car on their lot. They gave me the $8000 for it. Even though it was July 1, it was still being considered the last day of the month of June, so they were eager to sell.

All totaled, once the balance was paid off on my Regal, my GM card savings, Marylands 5% tax and title fees were figured in, I paid $22,220.00 for the LaCrosse. The best part is that GM was offering 0% financing for up to 72 months. That's too good a deal to pass up.

I stuck with the CLX because it had the 3.8 V6 which has been around forever and has a good reputation of going well over 200K without any problems. I had it in my Regal and it was giving me 24 MPG back and forth to work and I got almost 32 MPG on a vacation trip. For the short time I've had this I'm averageing 21.4 MPG. I don't expect to see the best mielage until after 7000 miles.
  • lakerunner4hlakerunner4h Member Posts: 37
    I too test-drove a LaCrosse CXL earlier and found fuel mileage in the low 20's, quite unlike the high 20's to low 30's my '03 LeSabre Limited provided. I hope your mileage improves. I also hope that Buick replaces the 4-speed automatic going forward with the new 6-speed JV unit, and perhaps adds the 3.9 Active Fuel Management engine as an option. Once they include these items, I'll put the LaCrosse back on my list of possibilities.
  • frankkfrankk Member Posts: 35
    I bought a plain jane CX last month. The dealer was pleasant and the $2000 rebate helped (I also had $1100 GM buck on my GM card). The only odd thing about the transaction was that the the "invoice" price did not match what the various web sites indicated. This was a vehicle that had sat on on the lot for a few months, and had been MSRP adjusted by GM. While the MSPP dropeed over $1000, the invoice only dropped about $400. I decided to let it go and buy it anyway.
  • russellmrussellm Member Posts: 5
    With over 600 miles on it, my gas mileage is improving on my normal mixed driving back and forth to work. I got an even 23 MPG. My 2002 Regal with the same 3800 engine gave my 24 MPG. I must admit that I've used the remote start a number of times in this hot weather, so that must be taken into account. I'm sure as the engine gets more miles on it, it will match or exceed my Regal's gas mileage. :)
  • mk332mk332 Member Posts: 1
    The 2006 CX I bought in December makes a clunk-clunk sound from the front end. POS!Anyone else have this problem?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You might have better luck getting an answer to a mechanical issue in the general Buick LaCrosse discussion..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hitman1970hitman1970 Member Posts: 33
    Bought new 2006 LaCrosse CXS from Wilson County Motors in Lebanon, TN on September 11, 2006. MSRP was $32,490. Car had every option except Stabilitrack. Black with Grey interior. Negotiated price to $30,878. Used 0% APR that was being offered. No sales tax and $500 rebate for being active military. Have driven the vehicle just over 500 miles and have loved every minute of it so far. Lots of compliments and surprised looks once they found out it is a Buick. If the quality holds up, this will be my brand for years to come. Traded in 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT with 50000 miles for $3750 too. No issues with that car, but wanted a larger vehicle this time around.
  • overdrive1overdrive1 Member Posts: 3
    I hate to be the fly in the ointment but I've had a bad experience with Buick and the Lacrosse. I bought my Lacrosse brand new, a 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX the odometer read 75 miles when I drove it off the lot. However, within a few miles of the dealership my car developed a problem. The low oil pressure warning began to sound. I didn't think much of it because the car was new, but it continued. I contacted Onstar to pinpoint the problem, but Onstar couldn't find it, then I emailed the dealership and brought the car back as soon as I could. When the car was checked metal shavings and chunks of metal were found in the pan, The #3 bearing was bad and the other bearings had wear on them. My dealer called me told me about the problem. The service manager told me that this problem was due to poor manufacturing and Buick only wanted them to fix the damage but they, the dealer that is, would replace the cam, because they believed in going the extra distance. I couldn't believe what I being told so I contacted Buick and the story change to they told Buick that they were replacing the engine for me, because they believed in going the extra distance. I requested a new car, and I was run around in circles by Buick, and the dealer, I tried to resolve the problem using the BBB but that was a waste of time, I would have lost about 5000.00 even though the car didn't comply with the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. In my dealing with the dealer and Buick I have been lied to, cheated, and ran around in circles. I bought a Buick because of the Buick reputation and the new breed of Buicks that are targeted for a younger buyer but I found the same crappie stuff with Buick today that almost kill the American auto industry in the 70's poor quality and service. I understand no matter how good a company is a lemon is bound to slip through but when you find it fix the problem and fix it right, replace that car.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    I guess I am a little confused.

You had a bum engine. Terrible but things do go wrong. Buick is number 3 in initial quality behind Lexus but ahead of Toyota and Cadillac.

The dealer said that Buick told them to replace the bearings only but they on their own would replace the cam? That sounds awful fishy if they found metal shavings in the oil. So you did the right thing and called Buick directly who said they approved an engine replacement.

First I would run from that dealer if I get your message right.

2nd, I am not sure why you are going thru a lemon law or BBB. Nothing you have explained would allow that type of prodedure.

What has Buick done that makes you feel you have been lied to? They are ready to replace the engine as they should. The proper procedure here is to have the engine replaced, by Buick, for free under warranty. Not sure why you feel you should get a new car.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    I explained my experience with buying a new Buick and this section is called "Buick Lacrosse: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" My experience was bad. It was a bad experience with the dealer and Buick there is no disputing that. Would have been happy given my situation? If you would, I'd gladly sell you my car and wish you luck. Since your reply to my experience seems to be an effort to minimize the events I wonder if you are a dealer or Buick rep trying to do some damage control. If you are a dealer of Buick rep I'm sure I see another posting from you attempting more damage control.
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    Ahh you caught me! I am paid lots of money to watch this LaCrosse forum and make comments. Obviously not the dealer though because I told you he sucked.

Seriously, sorry you feel that my comments are bad. I was not trying to minimize your issue. You did have a very poor experience but I was just stating that your expectations were a bit much. Engine replacement would be the way it would be worked out anywhere.

Hey, I responded back so I must be a dealer or Buick rep. Caught me again. darn. Better send an invoice to someone! ;)
  • overdrive1overdrive1 Member Posts: 3
    I'll never know if you're a dealer of Buick rep :) but I appreciate that you acknowledged how I feel about my car buying experience, and yea the dealer sucks, but with more than 17 dealerships I'm just another number. Without dragging this thing out I was told by a Buick customer service manager that Buick was looking into buying the car back, and that was just one of many lies told by Buick and the dealer. There is a lot more that went on with Buick and the dealer but writing it all down would be beating this thing into the ground. It's enough to say this is what happened to me and let it be. As for my expectations I met a Toyota owner and a Subaru owner and both had a major problem with their cars and both Toyota and Subaru did the right thing replacing the vehicles.
  • markfncmarkfnc Member Posts: 12
    I just got a used LaCrosse CX with 14000 miles. It had cloth seats, sun roof, trip computer, driver power seats. Paid $18,000 out the door.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    I ordered my new car (red jewel tintcoat) on July 13th and I'm glad I did! At the time its MSRP was $31,310, but I see where Buick recently raised it to $31,995. Not only that, but with GM now on strike, who knows when they'll resume building more, and what the price will be. Anyway, my salesrep was very honest about availability and pricing. Even though this is a new model, I knew my car would be built with tender loving care at Buick's #2 Oshawa plant. And I was right, because I haven't found a single thing wrong with it (so far) since I took delivery on August 20th. This car is really a baby boomer's dream. I've been waiting patiently for Buick to build a car with great performance (5.3 liter V-8), comfort (superb powered and heated leather seats), and looks (beautiful new interior design, new "waterfall" grill, and dual exhausts) for a long time. I recommend taking a look at one.
  • kabe586kabe586 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Everybody,
    I am looking at buying a new LaCrosse and I think I can get the supplier pricing through a family member (I am going to order one) it is $450 over invoice. Do you think I should just go in with that or go in empty handed and try to haggle for a better price? Any suggestions or experiences would be of help.

Thanks!
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    To answer your question (based on my experience), the salesrep and I negotiated my car's price, but he would NOT negotiate the shipping charge ($685). I paid cash, so he knocked off $500 from the MSRP, and gave me the $1000 manufacturer to customer instant rebate. As for your scenario, if you're considering a 2007 model, I'm sure the dealer will be more than happy to sell at $450 over invoice just to get rid of the car. They must sell their remaining '07 cars to make room for the '08 ones they ordered.
    Thanks for the info. Since I am going to order a 2008 as well, I think I may then wait and try to go for the Supplier discount. Of course I don't get the rebates when I order, just when the car gets delivered. So that is a gamble, but worth it to get what I really want.
  • milo12milo12 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

A dealer showed me a new CXS LaCross 2006, which has 540 Miles on it. There is a $7500 off on the original price. Do you think that I should buy this car cheaper? Is it OK that it’s a 2006 car and still new?

Thanks
  • dodgeman07dodgeman07 Member Posts: 574
    You don't mention the $$ but $7500 off does NOT sound good to me. $21K would be the most I would consider paying for this USED car. An '06 with 540 miles on it really is used.

Post you OTD price and I'd tell you more or try edmunds.com and appraise a used '06 with 540 miles on it, clean, with your options. Use the Private Party price and I'll bet it's under $20K in real market value.
    Thank you for your advise before. I just bought a new 2008 Buick Lacrosse CXL w/driver confidence pack.

They had a $500 Bonus in Boston this weekend for the Autoshow, so the final price was $24,461 (after rebates, before Tax, Title & License)

I am thrilled with it.
  • bronsonbbronsonb Member Posts: 170
    My wife is now enamored with the new 2010 LaCrosse and wants to look at one. Although we're not seriously considering new cars due to the loss of value when you drive it off the lot, I am curious to know if anyone is getting good deals out there. I looked at the GM supplier pricing, and was surprised to see the discount was only about $1,000 - $1,500 less than MSRP. I guess that's average (about 4-5%).

So we're struggling -- do we buy a 1 -2 year old Japanese luxury car (Infiniti) or a new US car. We're also looking at the Taurus.

Anyway, just curious if anyone was getting good deals.
  • signalksignalk Member Posts: 13
    Hi, Bronsonb,

We are looking at a new LaCrosse AWD for my folks. We test-drove the car and everyone (including my 20-yo son) loved it -- rode better than my Lexus and had all the bells and whistles. Very impressive. We haven't done a final negotiation, but according to the dealer the "bottom line" for the car, which has everything except nav, is about $34,000. MSRP including delivery is slightly above $37,000.

I've looked at Truecar.com and Edmunds and this price doesn't seem out of line, but I'm still doing research.

At the other extreme, my much more frugal self just purchased a 2004 Certified pre-owned Lexus RX 330 with 50,000 miles for $21,000 and I'm very happy with that as well. So, if you're concerned with the price of the Buick that may be another option. If you want a sedan, I found plenty of great deals on Infiniti G35x and G37x's off-lease. Obviously we wanted a 4wd, but the number of options & deals if you want FWD are incredible. Good luck with your search whatever you decide.

SignalK
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Was talking to a dealer about leasing (email) and he says all LaCrosse' are going at full sticker. I find that surprising, especially since there isn't much action in this particular thread.

If anyone has purchased (or leased) a 2010 Buick LaCrosse, please let us know if you paid MSRP, or roughly how much below MSRP you paid.

Thanks.
  • asctonyasctony Member Posts: 46
    I bought my 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS 10/28/09 and got all kinds of discounts.
    1 for not owning a GM car (had RAV4), 2 for not taking Buy Back option, 3 for buying through Costco.
    No, I did not pay MSRP and would not for any car. Love mine and really get so many WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWs!!!
    Motor Trend April 2010 just had the Buick on the front page and compared the CXS to the Lexus ES 350. Guess who they recommend. Yessssssss CXS!!!!
  • twinbtwinb Member Posts: 140
    Right. Costco and AAA will both get you well below MSRP.
  • fmcgirtfmcgirt Member Posts: 4
    You might want to check with another dealer if one is available nearby. I would be surprised if anything GM makes is going for full sticker these days. There are all kinds of discounts available: credit union discount, COSTCO discount, AAA discount, changing brand discount, etc.. We bought our 2010 AWD CXL for $202 over invoice and received full kbb.com tradein value for our trade. Really not a lot of hassle either. I asked to see the real GM invoice - not the dealer's computer listing - and showed him the original old sticker from the trade so he could check the options and he came back with a first offer $1500 too low on the trade. I then showed him the printout from the kbb.com web site for the trade and told him it was that or no deal. He said OK and that was it.

It was on a Sunday with not much showroom traffic and toward the end of Feb so maybe that helped but we also looked at Honda and they were very willing to talk invoice also. I think these days almost everything is negotiable except perhaps dealer holdback and shipping and I would go for it.
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Member Posts: 124
    The '10 LaCrosse is worlds away, literally, from the W body [05-08]. Designed in Europe and China, and is nothing like any "retiree special' Buicks of the past 20 years.
  • jimmy62jimmy62 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    Our deal is a little stale, but in December we paid $200 over invoice and got whatever rebates/discounts were in force at the time. These amounted to $1500 as I recall.
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited July 2010
    2011 Prices paid

Well I picked up my 2011 CXS today. Although the experience was a pleasant one it took 4 ½ hours nonetheless. Here is how the deal went down.

I ordered a 2010 CXS with the touring package, navigation and blind side alert system with an MRSP of $36,955 and invoice of $35,252.

However, when the car arrived it was a 2011 with an MSRP of $38,250 and dealer factory invoice of $37,161. The dealer said that the blind side alert system was no longer a stand-alone option and must be purchased as part of a package that includes Xenon HID and Heads-up Display for $1,440. I was not pleased but it was too late to renege on the deal.

So here are the final numbers:
    Price paid (Invoice of $37,161 + $500) = $37,661
    Less trade-in (2000 Avalon XLS)……….($ 6,875) Kelly Blue Book
    Less Toyota conquest incentive…………($1,000)
    Add sales tax……………………………..+$1,862
    Title, registration………………………….+$ 209
    Documentation fee………………………..+$ 194
    Total……………………………………….$32,051

Basically, I paid $37,661 for the car with an MRSP of $38,250. Not what I would call a good deal but comparable to what others are paying according to Edmunds TMV. Still, at almost $40,000 the Lacrosse does not appear to be as refined as the Avalon or the Lexus. I expect the Lacrosse will be heavily discounted in the future.

Two quick observations: the AC is weak and the stereo, even with Harman Kardon, sounds very ordinary. I will give an update of my driving impressions after few hundred miles under my belt.

I forgot to mention that Onstar is free for only six months on the 2011 Lacrosse. That really pissed me off because all the literature I read makes reference to one free year of Onstar. Perhaps GM has finally come to the realization that most people decline to continue after trial period because the price is so high. Besides, the portable GPS systems from Magellan and Garmin are much more versatile than the installed systems.
    I asked OnStar to extend my trial subscription from six months to one year and they did without much haggling or trouble. Thanks OnStar for that.

Now back to reading the Owner's Manual.
  • rainman5542rainman5542 Member Posts: 114
    For context, I came out of a 2009 Mercedes E350 4matic. I also leased a 2007 E350 Sport. I have owned two Rendezvous and a dozen other cars.

I find the CXS ride (Touring Option) a little more isolated, not necessarily in a bad way or a criticism. It corners very well and is very confidence inspiring. This car is quieter and exudes luxury. My E350 did not have real leather, you couldn't put adults in the cramped rear seating for long.

Fit and finish: Mercedes wins. My CXS has a VERY poor alignment and fit of the dash to the doors. Others have mentioned it. I have also got a passenger door rubber gasket which has come loose and will require a trip to the dealer.

Toys: Those in the MB are simpler to use, especially the Voice Commands. The MB sound system is superior. Bass is tight and clear. The Buick's HK has boomy and fuzzy bass. I do love the traffic and weather warning provided by the top end XM Sat option. I'll guess that a 2010 MB has that now too.

The keyless entry is a little quirky. It takes forever to recognize me when I go to open the trunk. Occasionally, the doors balk at immediately opening. The range for everything on the fob is short. The remote start is pathetic in this regard.

I have been unable to download the contacts on my BB Storm 2 but it was easy to pair. Anyone know how to get the USB to recognize the Storm as a Mass Storage Device? There are several commands needed to be able to use the voice command built into the BB. Our $22,000 Dodge requires NONE.

My car was manufactured in JUNE 2010 but it may have some unresolved software issues. I hope it's that simple. I need the dealer to check out if there will be excessive battery drain if parked and locked for a week during a cool January spell. I have read there is a tech bulletin which describes the module as searching for the key fob nearly continuously thus running the battery down.

I saved the worst for last. I have a LOUD clang right after I start the car under certain conditions. At least one owner reports here that the solution was to replace a baffle and the ENTIRE exhaust system!

So far I really like the car but I have some concerns about GM providing world class service.
    Bought a loaded CXS with a MSRP ay $39700. Used $1500 GM credit card funny money, a "conquest" rebate due to a Mercedes lease, and whatever other rebates offered to GMAC lessees. Total off MSRP was $5600 on July 21. A few 2011 were on the lot but no factors for leasing one available yet. I did not pay the $190 doc fee the dealer tried to add in the 11th hour.

My lease is with 15,000 miles annually, 27 months, $525.42 plus Mich Use Tax of 6%. It cost me about $1500 to drive off. There was a security deposit and first month, taxes and fees to DMV.
    edited August 2010
    rainman,

Very nice review but I cannot agree with your comment on GM's service. My experience with Buick so far has been outstanding. They have answered every question that I've had and have gone out of their to make things right. Case in point:
    --researched compatible cell phones and cell phone companies not on the approved list.
    --paired my cell phone to the car.
    --diagnosed memory seat concern and taught me how to use it properly
    --extended my OnStar trial subscription from six months to one year
    --fixed my damaged rims (my fault) free of charge

We've had similar positive experiences with our Chevy Malibu so I must give the new GM high marks when it comes to service during and after the sale.
    Just returned from a Northern Michigan golf trip. Bay Harbor and Boyne Resorts were great. My putting wasn't! We put 1033 miles on the odometer in 8 days.

On the return drive of 240 mile, my CXS reported 24.5 mpg on mid grade gas. I drove at an average speed of 62 mph and generally used crusie at 76 mph. I hoped for a couple of more miles per gallon. This did slightly exceed my 2009 E350 4matic but falls 3 mpg short of mu 2007 rwd Mercedes.

I also am now consistently getting a clanging noise once immediately after I start the car up. Anyone share this experience?

Suburban Cadillac-Buick will get a shot at fixing this. They have a really innovative website for scheduling your own service...too bad it doesn't work. My order was lost and they auto-assigned me to a guy who stopped working thjere two weeks earlier. I entered a complaint on their home page and their promise of an "immediate phone response" still hasn't been kept after ten days.

I still find the door and trunk keyless system very quirky. I may just use the fob as that works well enough.

Lack of trunk space was a prounced problem. We squeezed two golf bags in diagonally. All luggage had to go into the back seat.

The ride was quiet, passing power was good, seats have gotten a little more comfortable as the lumber support has broken in. Still recommend the car.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national magazine would like to talk to some buyers of the new Buick Lacrosse. Please email predmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 29, 2010 with your daytime contact info.
    Should that be PR@Edmunds.com? If not, please supply a valid email, thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You've got it right...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bobinorbobinor Member Posts: 63
    Bought my LaCrosse CXS 10/11/10 and just joined Edmunds to post this and find other buyers who have expressed their opinions about the car's cost and buying experience (as indicated by the title). I presume likes and dislikes are found in other threads.

I was really looking for a CXS with Nav and NO sunroof. My experience with sunroofs is that I have opened it about 4 times a year. The dealer had all their CXS's with a sunroof and none with Nav! Since I have a fairly new Garmin portable, I decided to save the ~$600 differential and take what they had. So in addition to the sunroof pkg. ($1,195) the options I got were the touring pkg with the 19" wheels ($800) and the rear seat mounted thorax air bags ($350) - a safety feature I wanted since we transport our grandkids back there.

MSRP for this including $750 transportation (on sticker) was $36,360. I paid $35,331. I do not include title, etc. as that varies state to state. I did get $1,000 discount for having been a former Buick Regal owner. So my net was $34,331.

My sales guy expressly told us that regular gas was all the CSX required. The book says differently. He also told us chains could be put on the wheels. That is discouraged in the book.

Just 3 peeves so far which did not come to light until after purchase:
    1. No 12 volt power outlet (old cigarette lighter) external to enclosed spaces. I mean, how do you run a cord from the outlet in the center console?
    2. Center console space not big enough to fit a CD in its case. Huh??
    3. Trunk not wide or deep enough for a packed golf bag. Must be stowed diagonally.

I expect I'll be joining in on other threads to discuss these peeves as well as bring my opinions on other items under discussion. See you there.
    Welcome aboard.

Did you notice that there is no locking compartment either? I use an ipod in my 2010 CXS and it is unprotected from valets and the garage mechanic. I also could use a coin holder.

Things I like best about my CXS are the Heads Up Display, Blind Side Alerts, NAV combined with XM SAT Weather and Traffic Alerts. Things I don't like are the poor highway gas mileage, the incomplete implementation of Bluetooth (can't download my phonebook) and the dealer attitudes.

I have the 3.6L which I run on Reg or Mid-grade gas. Its 16 mpg in short trip local driving and 24.5 mpg highway at 75 on cruise. I forgot to mention, GM allows up to 5 mph wander when cruise is active. In these days of ABS brakes and computer controlled engine throttle and engine timing, I find this very unsatisfactory.

I agree with you on the trunk. Having rear seats that fold down helps get those golf clubs in. Just don't have more than one passenger.
  • bobinorbobinor Member Posts: 63
    I see that I didn't specify that my CXS is a 2011 model, just to clear the record.

I have only put ~480 miles on it so far and I think it's a bit premature to evaluate gas mileage. My DIC says the total avg is 20.6. I won't reset that until I'm past the 600 mile mark. I live on top of a hill and each time I go anywhere I coast down, hitting the shifter into manual to 2nd, but really suck up the gas getting back up. From flat ground at the bottom it's about 3/4 mile up with grades as much as 20% in parts to our final elevation at 730 ft. This has always played havoc with all our vehicles' brakes and gas consumption. The "price" we pay ....

This break-in period is pretty limiting but I have used the cruise control briefly at ~63 mph and didn't notice any deviation/wander on a flat road.

It will be interesting to see what packing techniques I can use on a forthcoming 1500 mile round trip (with a 68 mph top speed?!?) to visit grand kids with suitcases, golf bag/clubs, cooking supplies (we stay at a timeshare), birthday gifts, wife's craft-making supplies, etc., etc. Hmmm, can you tow a trailer with this car?
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    Price might be right. I could have done better by about $2K if I hung in, but was getting tired of mess. Had 09 Malibu LT2 with safety issue in EPS. So I paid the difference between the two MSRP (+ balance on Malibu).
    2011 CSX, all factory options except sunroof, RSD, & inflator kit. MSRP $38925.
    I'm already beginning to regret staying with GM because of such things as quirky NAV, seat memory, storage, ride, headrests and a deep scratch in sheet metal I did not find until a few days after I took home. Obviously there before paint.
  • mixwellmixwell Member Posts: 14
    does anyone know the lease rates going for a 2011 csx with nav right now?

money factor, residual, any rebates/deals . . . etc.

Thanks in advance!
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    edited January 2011
    Check here
    http://www.buick.com/tools/currentoffers/results.do
    or the link at upper right.
    You will find lease options and purchase. Right now they have 0% + $1500 back from Ally financing, was GMAC.
    May be other incentives but you need to check with your dealer. Sounds pretty good to me.
    I stayed under 40K MSRP by having all factory options except sunroof, RSE, & inflator kit. No dealer added items. Not listed at build site are the rear seat thorax airbags. Defects are free :)