Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    Put a deposit on an '07 Z06, $7k markup, delivery before the end of the year, probably Oct.-Nov. :shades:
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    hello all!
    i really like to vett. this year. Right now dealers around my area offer 5k off. This is a good deal. I am a little bit concern about the gas mileage. All the guys out there please share your average mile/gal. on this baby. Is it really live up to what GM advertise - 28 mi/gal. If it is true then this baby is more efficient than the G35 or even S2000. :confuse: Thanks
  • flyboy986flyboy986 Member Posts: 9
    First off, you are comparing two cars of a totally different class - if you buy a Vette, you will have your foot in it ...and with 400HP - well ...it doesn't run on water! As for the G35, all do respect, it probably is more of a gas mizer, you're only firing 6 cylinders. As for the $5k off MSRP, buy it..on a new ride that's a steal. Let me know what your "area" is ...I just got 3500 off MSRP and was a happy lad on a new 07!
  • starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    The problem with gas mileage is that it isn't the car that matters. It's the driver. I have a C5, not C6, but I get 22-25 mixed driving mileage with a 6 speed manual but I get into 6th unless I want to have power. The wife has the same car and gets 19.5 to 21 but she has louder exhaust and likes to hear it more so stays in 4th and 5th some of the time that I would be in a higher gear.
    If, and that is a big if, you drive 65 in 6th gear on flat and level you can get 30mpg in my car. I drove back to the SF bay area from Fernley NV and with the down hill and taking it real easy (nothing over 80) I got back with the car computer saying I'd gotten 30.1 mpg. It was about 29+ when I filled up.
    Now, that compares to the 7 to 8 miles per gallon I get on the track at mostly wide open throttle.YMMV

BTW, G35 coupes can be set up nice for the track as well, I've see several, but it's not a Corvette!
  • toquinhotoquinho Member Posts: 28
    I've been searching for a dealer in the SF bay area to give me a deal on a pre-ordered '07. I searched high and low and had given up / was about to order one from the high volume dealers in the Northeast and Midwest. They were offering $3500 off a standard coupe -- no hagling. I tried to haggle -- nope, no haggling. Its $3500 off and that's it.

However, I received a call from a dealer in SF, Ellis Brooks, and they offered $2000 off an '07 and they had an allocation left. That was the first dealer in the area that was in the price ball park. I had called probably over 20 dealers and spoken at some length with 5+ dealers. Among them was Courtesy in Cupertino/San Jose. They seemed unwilling to go below MSRP.

So I jumped on the offer from Ellis. I decided to avoid the shipping and courtesy delivery charges of buying from a dealer in another state. I'm now expecting my car in 2 months. Yellow, ebony interior, Z51, 2LT. I'll be a first time Corvette and Chevy owner. Drove an M3 before.
    btw., unless you're buying with a primary purpose of reselling, you should pick the color you like. I've read and heard that yellow isn't the most popular color, but I'm going with yellow because that's the color I've always loved in sports cars. Yellow is garish for some, but its beautiful to me. Besides, Ferraris, Lambos are often yellow. :-)

If you're really prioritizing the resell, then I'd bet black inside and out is the easiest to resell. Personally, I find black and silver ordinary (my neighbor's toyota minivan is black). But its all about personal choice.
    I live in AZ and ended up ordering a new 07 from Les Stanford in Detroit - their ad said $3500 off MSRP on a new ordered coupe, and there was no haggling. The process was simple, and as I have family in the Midwest - sounds like a hell of a roadtrip in my brand new Vette. Timeline will probably be about 8 weeks, that's fine ...I like doing business with honest people in an easy manner - rather hard to find in AZ. Hope I'm not disappointed! As for now, they get my vote! - try em!
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    Ellis Chevrolet of San Francisco gave me the best deal on ordering an '07 Z06, and I tried Fitchner, Kerbeck, Maxie and all the other Bay Area dealers. :shades:
  • cuffs1cuffs1 Member Posts: 3
    hey derek looking at buying a vette. I found a 06 with monteray red, z51 , lt3 paackage, clear top, painted alum rims. sticker is 52,000.00 and change. the dealler came down $3,000.00 with no negotiation. would I be better off holding out fo a 07 and what could I get taken off.

thanks Glenn
    is that $4,000 after all options are added?
    looking for 2007, monteray red,3lt z51, no nav, both roofs,polished alum rims.

Thanks Glenn
  • derekw1derekw1 Member Posts: 8
    Glenn,

I would say you could do better on an 06 than that price. I would check Kerbecks to see what they are offering. They are the largest dealer and usually have some pretty good deals. They are advertising $6500 off 06 3lt coupes and they have a good inventory. I would want to get a great deal on an 06.

Regards,
    Derek
    06 and 07 largely the same, but I've seen too little difference in the price between an 06 and an 07. $6500 off the remaining 06s -- but you'll have little color and feature choices. And $3500 off a new, configured-to-order 07... but you'll have to wait to get the 07.

Consider that I'm spending $50,000, $3,000 off is only a 6% discount for a car that is 1 year older, though mechanically identical. Is that enough reason to buy an 06?

I chose the '07 because I didn't find the 06 configuration I wanted AND because I'm likely to resell my car in 3-4 years. I think that the 07 will bring $1,500-2,500 more than the equivalent 06. So the net difference is really small.
    Hey Derek

It looks like I may be going with a 07. Can order one with these options. coup,monteray red,lt3,onstar,xm,polished alum rims,both tops,factory pickup,destination,black interior. msrp 56,700, I found a dealer that will order for 50,700.00. What do you think?

Thanks Glenn
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    Try for another $50 off.
    Cuffs1, I've not yet talked to anyone willing to do more than $3500 off an '07 coupe. $6k is ubelievable! If a dealer is doing $6k off, please share the contact info. Thanks much.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    I have seen as much as $6K off remaining '06 Coupes.
    ( Boardwalk, for example )
    I have only seen $4,000 off advertised on '07 Coupes.
    ( Kerbeck )
    GMID \ Supplier price on a 3LT Coupe with a couple of other options ( as I hope to order one ) is approx. $5,400 off MSRP.
    - Ray
    Looking all the time....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • derekw1derekw1 Member Posts: 8
    Glenn,
    This looks like a great deal and I would grab it unless you have a chance of doing a gmid or gms discount then you might do a little better. I have invoice numbers etc and from what you told me I was able to come within $500 of your list price and then when I do the same with the invoice prices I come up with 49758. So it looks like the dealer is only marking it up roughly $500 over invoice which is a great deal in my opinion. I am picking mine up in a little less than 2 weeks at the museum and I can't wait!

good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Derek
  • jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    Hi guys, I am new to this part of the Edmunds forums. I basically want to know what Chevy dealerships in CA (other than Boarwalk) accept GMID on a new or in-stock Vette.

I am going crazy with research on other forums and have not found much. I know about Kerbeck and a couple others across the country but Id like to save a bit on delivery.. Thank you!
    Following-up on jayelleseven's message, can someone provide a primer on GMIDs? Are these transferrable from employees at GM suppliers to non-employees? Are they sellable? Is it a certificate with the employee's name or a generic certificate? Does the buyer of a GMID have to pose as an employee of the GM supplier company when purchasing the car? Any consequences if someone is found to be selling GMIDs or buying GMIDs? And finally... if GMIDs can be purchased, where can we find one for sale or trade or ?

thanks much!
  • texflyertexflyer Member Posts: 3
    I wanted an '06 because of the manual top. So, it's machine silver/black top/titanium int. Not loaded, but had what I wanted: 3LT, nav., Z51, 6-spd. Found it on the Maxie Price website. They knocked about $5500 off MSRP on a $58,800 sticker. I also had a GM card which helped further. This is one great ride. Drove it from Atlanta to San Antonio. Comfortable and 27 mpg at 60-65 mph.
    Didn't want the '07 due to auto top included on the 3LT package. I've had a '62 and manual top keeps it simple. Plus, I'll be keeping this one for a few years. It's just plain fun.
  • rodstarrodstar Member Posts: 1
    Best I found in southern cal is via Power Irvine Chevrolet. The fleet/internet director was willing to go $3600 off a custom order '07 (my quote was for a 2LT), and free car wash for life. Hope this helps - let me know if you find a better deal
  • jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    Thanks. Thats not bad at all. Do you know if they take GMID? Irvine is A LOT closer than Boardwalk in RedwoodCity. I might also get info from a place in San Diego, not sure if they take GMID.. but you must have really good credit to get a 3600 off...
  • accmc1accmc1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, this is my first post (rant) on this site. I live in Harrisburg, PA and just returned from my local Chevy dealer and was shocked when the dealer told me the base price for an 07 LT1 coupe was 52,500. I know the car base price is 45 but for some reason I didn't say anything. I just thought the guy was trying to rip me off, but then he told me that a manual transmisson was not standard and would cost extra I new the guy was lying. Obviously I will not be purchasing my car from that dealership, but was wondering if anyone can give me the name of a reputable dealer in the Central PA area, thanks.
  • brianapalbrianapal Member Posts: 18
    Yes, $4,000 of the final MSRP (sticker price) with all of the options.

However, no other dealers in my area would discount an 07 any amount off the sticker price so I was pleasantly surprised. (I live in a small market area.)

This falls under the category of no one will believe it, but when I picked up the car the sales manager discounted it 4,350. Writing on the contract clean deal/cash. I did not trade and paid cash for the car but that was part of the deal when I ordered it in May. (The salesman was somewhat of a disappointment and often did not return my phone calls and thus I often dealt directly with the sales manager so he possibly was trying to make up for the poor practices of the salesman.)

PS. The polished aluminum wheels look great! I am glad that I ordered them.
    Wow! Lying is putting it mildly. Go to www.edmunds.com and you will get the MSRP and dealer cost on the base and all options.
    Can't help with central PA but I would try going online to see what is available.
    Kerbecks in NJ is also an option for you but be aware that they will add some hefty fees onto the price.
    If want to drive 3 hours to Binghamton, NY area then I highly recommend Gault Chevrolet. They have 3 dealerships next to each other. Chev, Toyota, and BMW. I got $4,000 off the sticker on an 07 (upon delivery it actually ended up being 4,350).
    Good luck !
    It is an awesome car!
  • bwdowneybwdowney Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys and gals, was wondering if anyone knew where or who I could get a GMID from as I plan to buy a GM vehicle in the next 2 weeks. I would appreciate any help!!
    Thanks!

Brandon- SC
  • heather77heather77 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Brandon,

I need the GMID cert too. Was any of the users able to provide you a GMID cert?

Thanks
    Yilmaz
  • bwdowneybwdowney Member Posts: 6
    No luck yet!!
    Can anyone suggest a racing school that uses corvettes (preferally C6s)? I'd love to find something in the Western states -- ideally in CA. thanks much!
    Bob Bonduronte(sp?)has a school in Phoenix using a variety of vehicles including vettes ....don't know if he has moved into the C6 yet, but has the C5's and I believe, Z06's in your favourite shade of racing yellow.....
    I've been to the Spring Mountain 3 day introduction class and then 18 months later to the 2 day advanced driving class. Both are excellent. Most sessions can be in C5 Z06's and those that are interested take some sessions in the C6 Z51, or in the new paddle shifter. Learning heel/toe is very useful on track but seeing how the new 6sp auto compares is interesting, not as bad as some think. They now have more C6 Z06's but all I got was 3 laps in one while doing the advanced class, more than enough to show me it's far beyond my skill to drive it at any thing close to limits.
    After you do the three day you wonder how much is left but the 2 day class takes things to a whole different level of car control skill and is really fun.
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    Can you explain what kind of fees Kerbeck adds to the price of a Corvette over the price they give on there web page?
    Contact Kerbecks re a car that you may me interested in. I found that their advertised price (which was a very good one) was non-negotiable. When I got to looking at the bottom line their was about $600 in additional "fees" that were going to be added. This included registration for your state which again was not an option and ended up being about 2 1/2 times what I was charged when I bought it from a local dealer in state. Obviously you have to look at the bottom line. (Their price plus their fees versus what you can do locally.)

I found most dealers in my area (all small volume) were unwilling to come done any amount from MSRP. But I did find one that was willing to compete with Kerbecks. I actually did better than Kerbecks would do, at the time, since the dealer discounted the 07 $4,000 off MSRP (coupe with LT3 package). Kerbecks was doing $4,000 off MSRP on 06s in May of this year. Additionally, I didn't have any hefty fees added on. I paid what the actual title and registration fees were in my state (NY).

Kerbecks does give great deals but again make sure that you get the total price from them.

I also liked the fact that I could order mine exactly the way that I wanted it. Most of Kerbecks LT3s also included numerous other options. I added LeMans Blue Metallic paint and polished aluminum wheels. The wheels really set the car off! I highly recommend them or the chrome.

Good luck!
    Congrats on the new '07 and don't forget to wave. It was also good to hear the rest of the story on the published discounts at Kerbeck. I'm sure they turn out to be a good deal for many but as you found out there are others that will discount and not get you at the back door. Great color choice, I just hope they go back to Electron Blue one of these days.
    Randy
    Their current ad shows $5,800 to $6,200 off on 3LT 2007s in stock.

I think if you want what they have in stock, their prices are excellent, even with a couple of hundred dollars in additional fees, compared to most other Chevy dealers.

Their reputation is also excellent.

If I can negotiate a reasonable deal locally, I will buy locally. I will quote those prices in my negotiations, as even with sales tax impact & a plane ticket added, I'd likely save money buying there...

We'll see.
    - Ray
    If I only had a couple thousand more dollars in my checking account...
    2022 X3 M40i
    Gents (and ladies?)

If you're considering an extended warranty (GMPP), be aware of acting on bad info.

GMPPs may be purchased up to 1 year after you purchase your car. Or I guess 11 months and 29 days after. Prices do vary wildly. Shop around before buying a GMPP. A dealer in Vt (Fichtner) does have great rates and is honest and clear. No slide of hand with them, so I do recommend them.

I bought my GMPP from where I purchase my car -- Ellis Brooks. That was a bad idea. I've learned that dealer was dishonest with me and over-charged me $800. I paid $1,600 for something that Fichtner would have sold to me for $800 and change.

This emphasizes something we all should know -- the finance guys at the dealer are not your friend and are there to make a quick-buck. Do not depend on them for information. Typically, expect a rip-off.
  • printzprintz Member Posts: 70
    Hey........Good luck with your Vette..........Quick question for ya...What kind of deal did you get from Kerbeck when you ordered it??....They have great prices on vettes in stock, just wondering if they discount them when ordering it.....Most of their vettes come loaded...I myself do not need the LS3 Pack., or Z51 Option....I would want prob. just the base with auto, QX1 & would want to pick my color choices(Lemans blue is nice, so is the atomic orange).......I went down to AC last week & stopped into Kerbeck.......It's amazing all the cars they have in stock........My building is having garage work done so we temporarily have to park outside...If it wasn't for this I might have purchased the 06 White 1 they have for sale now with 2,000 miles on it for 42,000....

Thanks for any info. you can give me on the price for ordering your new machine.....

Rob
  • bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    I would believe the GM numbers for the 05 and 06. I have a 04 Auto coupe. Last trip I averaged 30.2 mpg doing about 70 mph. The 05-06s with 50 more horses probably don't do quite as well, but hey --hay?--26-28 is not bad either. :shades:
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I am planing on buying a new Vette soon and can`t decide weather to go with the museum delivery of just buy from the dealer. I have been at the museum on the day that others have picked up there cars and from what I saw, there isn`t much to it or maybe I missed some of the events that you get to do. Can someone tell me about the whole event of getting your car and is it worth it?
  • gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    I posted a response to #256 but it has not appeared.
    Did I do something wrong?? Maybe referring to other boards (although not by name) with experience in museum delivery?? Just trying to give some info on the posters question. Response appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You don't have any deleted posts....

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    I have not done the museum delivery but have seen a lot of feedback on other forums from those that have done it. This feedback was 100% positive. Wish I could remember all that is included besides the tour. One thing mentioned is the fact that you watch your car go down the line and YOU get to drive it off the line. A bit hokey maybe but I think it would be a neat experience.
    I've bought both my Vettes from dealer inventory but if I ever order, I'd do the museum delivery in a heartbeat.
    The only "bummer" is the fact that you pay like $5-600 for the museum delivery but still have to pay the $800+ freight charge.
    You could get a lot more info on the process if you search one of the Vette forums...lots of detail there.
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    The guys that 'detail' the car for museum delivery sign the bottom of your car. Per what I've read, and seen pictures, in one of those 'other' forums.
  • loneroguelonerogue Member Posts: 1
    Hello Folks!

Ray here and a new member to this forum! Great information by the way!

Just had a quick question regarding the TVM Pricing for used Vettes.

I'm currently looking at purchasing my 1st Vette..hopefully either a 02' or 03' Z06 and have been online over the last few weeks getting a 'feel' for what type of prices to expect and after coming across the main Edmunds.com site and finding their "TVM" (True Market Value) pricing for used cars, I was wondering if anyone who has purchased a Vette started their negotiations using the "TVM" price as a starting point and if so how much 'over' you had to go before the deal was closed?

Though I know the "TVM" is just a starting point in the overall car buying schme of things, but when comparing the "TVM" to KBB and NADA prices, the pricing is, IMHO, quite significantly lower and makes me feel almost embarrassed to even mention such a low price when I start the car buying proces.

What has been your response from dealers when bringing up the "TVM" as indicated by Edmunds?

Any (Good/Bad) feedback is greatly appreciated as I'm looking to purchase soon, now that I have my financing sorted out.

T.I.A.

Ray
    Ray,
    Kelly Blue Book is showing an 03 Z06 for about 37,500 retail. I would guess that you might be able to pick one up for about $35,000 at best but that is only a guess. You will have no idea how hard the car was driven.

A new 07 is selling for 44,900 sticker which you should be able to pick up for about 40-41,000. Keep in mind the 07 has 400hp which is equal to the 03 Z06. There are some great deals out there on 07 Vettes. You would have a full warranty (extended on the 07s) and a new car.

Obviously you have to look at what you want to spend. But at least take a look at the 07s. Great deals from Les Stanford Chevrolet and also Kerbecks.

There is another forum ( I cannot give the name of it since it is against the rules of this forum.) Do a Google search (advanced) and type in Corvette Forum. Click on a few of the links and you will ultimately find a Corvette Forum with sponsoring dealers who are giving some great deals. Give a couple of them a call. I know that that also sell used Corvettes.

Good luck!
    Brian
    PS. I have an 07 and love it!!!
    :)
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, Ray, and welcome! I'm not sure if you used the "Buy a Used Car" link at Edmunds.com -- it'll give you a good idea about prices at dealers in your area, and whether or not they line up with the TMV. There's a link there for buying new cars as well.

As for using the TMV, I actually did use it as a guideline when I negotiated for my first car (NOT a Corvette, unfortunately :-)). I didn't tell the dealer, but it was good information to have in my pocket, and I think that I might have settled for a higher price if I hadn't done the research.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

I posted on Sept 25:

“If I can negotiate a reasonable deal locally, I will buy locally. I will quote those prices [ Kerbeck’s current advertised ] in my negotiations ...”

I did negotiate $5,000 off MSRP locally on an ordered 2007. 3LT, MX0 \ A6, CC3 & Monterey Red metallic paint. List: $52,690.

Just one data point.

I picked it up this past Monday.

BTW: The TMVs I have seen for new Corvettes here appear NOT to reflect reality.
    - Ray
    Very happy C6 driver . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Just took museum delivery of a new 07 Convert ...loaded. Got it from Rick Daniels at Les Stanford Chevy in Dearborn MI. Can't say enough good about the deal -allowed me to use a GM discount, took almost $8K off MSRP. He made the deal easy and delivery clean. Also museum delivery was FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE WELL WORTH THE MONEY AND EFFORT. The car is unbelieveable and I say that after having 4 previous Vettes....
    Can someone recommend a discussion group for C6 owners? This site has made the other discussions 'read only'. I've a question about the Key FOB. My C6 doesn't recognize it in the trunk. End result, you can easily lock yourself out of the car if you open the trunk with the trunk button and put your briefcase with the key FOB in the trunk and close it shut. Not good.