Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• joe131joe131 Member Posts: 998
    Don't pay attention to what any dealer "offers".
    If you want to buy a car, just go in and make YOUR offer to buy in writing. You don't know what they won't take until you make your offer and walk away from the table.
    You don't want to go in and make an offer the dealer WILL take, you want to find out the highest amount he WON'T take. When you find it, add a dollar and make the deal.
  • tezzztezzz Member Posts: 15
    Thank you for you guys posts..
    I will buy it this weekend.
    thanks
  • john_fjohn_f Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone know if dealers generally accept points from the GMCard towards the cost of a corvette? Thanks!
  • starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    Unless there is a special going I think the Vette is limited
    to $1000 credit. That's what I got back in '04.
    Randy
  • alsmiataalsmiata Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2007 Corvette in March. Used my entire GM points-3425
    Wondered why I was still using the GM card after getting
    past 2000 points, now you are making me feel better. ;)
    Thanks for the update.
    Randy
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    How many bucks you can use on the Corvette depends on which GM Card you have. The old card had annual earnings limits of $500 per year, but you could redeem unlimited bucks on any single purchase. The new card has unlimited earnings per year, but limits on how much you could redeem on any single purchase ($1,000 in the case of the Corvette). So, you need to know which card you have to know which limits apply.

If I'm not mistaken, the points have expiration dates if you don't redeem any points within a certain period of time (7 years?). (Each redemption resets your clock).

I have something like $10k in points and have redeemed twice in the last four years (once with the old card $3k and once with the new card $1k limit).
  • buddejr8buddejr8 Member Posts: 2
    EVS Chevrolet is one of the best dealerships for Corvettes. Located in Random Lake, WI and you can arrange for shipping through Passport (FedEx)
    This weekend, I purchased a base '07 Corvette in Monterey red for $39,498 from Lewis Chevrolet in Canton Texas (SE of Dallas). MSRP was $45,825 and Invoice was $41,052.

So far, I love it: power, refinement, fun!

The dealership is the opposite of most mega dealers, but they delivered the goods as promised! Has anyone else dealt with them?
    KILLER DEAL! Congratulations!
  • exzur2071exzur2071 Member Posts: 43
    Did you get a GMS or employee pricing? Did you order the car or the car on dealer's lot and for how long? How many miles on the odometer if it is a demo car?

Pardon me for these questoions because the price is to good to be true. Do you notice something in the car that dealer gave it to you for a very low price?
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Given the current deals being offered here...

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/corvette_special_offers

VIN ending: 34730
    Monterey Red
    MSRP: $ 45,825
    Sale: $ 41,712

Assuming that this was a new vehicle, and the price quoted was not 'muddied' by trade-in overallowance and \ or additional "junk fees", then I'd say this certainly was an exceptional price ...
    Exceptional indeed.
    Best of luck!
    - Ray
    Happy with a somewhat less exceptional deal...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • exzur2071exzur2071 Member Posts: 43
    My brother in law purchased a Chevy Suburban years ago. The car has several thousands miles on the odometer. The sale contract is for a brand new vehicle.

The dealer can use a new car as long as they want. Let other people drive it and put thousands of miles. The dealer can still sell it as a brand new car. For a huge discount of course. They are on the businees to make money, not too loose.

Watch out for car pricing that is to good to be true.
  • aggiebc99aggiebc99 Member Posts: 6
    I'm researching/pricing a '06-'07 'vette and wanted to get people's opinions on any must-have options.

I think I just want to go with the 1LT package, but would like to hear opinions on any options.

Thanks!
    Good questions; the dealer runs a steady add in my newspaper saying GMS pricing. I called and he said he had 2 cars on the lot, one in blue and one in red. I wasn't sure what color to get, but he called me later and said he just sold the blue one; I said I'd take the red.

The car is perfect. However, I neglected to mention that the car had 210 miles on it and the price I quoted included a $250 additional deduction to cover for the mileage.
    I never quite know what a useful response would be to such ‘wide-open’ questions.

I posted a few opinions here ( post # 167 ) last June – and since I bought a 2007 3LT, MX0, CC3 in Monterey Red last Fall, my opinions have not changed.

It really does depend on exactly what the intended use is – and many other factors, as suggested above. Many would tell you that the Z51 option is a ‘must have’, for example. Since mine is my only vehicle & Daily Driver, and the tires included are both harsher riding and do not last nearly as long as the ‘regular’ suspension package’s tires, I decided not to go with that option. ( I did drive each. )

If mine was to be purely a weekend ‘toy’, for example, ( as many Corvettes are ) I might have made a few different choices. But I commute in & out of MidTown Atlanta daily in mine, I drive to grocery shop in mine, and I occasionally drive relatively long trips ( 350+ miles in a day ) to visit friends with my Daughter in mine. And I have severe bursitis in my left foot. Thus, options like the six speed automatic were not even really options. I both want & need an automatic.

I also drove both a 1LT and a 3LT ( what I ordered ) back to back on the same morning. I found he ‘Sport Seats’ ( included in 2LT & 3LT ) both more supportive & more comfortable – as well as more widely adjustable. The power telescope in the steering column also allows me more flexibility – for me to adjust my driving position & to be comfortable when driving over a couple of hours.

With more description of what you want & what you need from a Corvette, perhaps you will receive more helpful responses. . .?

Just my 0.02 gallons worth.
    Good luck!
    - Ray
    Happy with the options chosen – and not . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • dennis21dennis21 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy my first Vette. Ran across this at a local Chevy dealer. MY06 coupe Lemans Blue Ebony interior. Six speed auto, Z51 performance pack, 2LT package.
    The price is $40,870. At first I thought this was a good deal, after doing some reading on the forums I'm not so sure anymore.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Mileage and condition are important factors in that equation so it's tough to say. Also, is the car certified?
  • dennis21dennis21 Member Posts: 3
    Condition good, milage 11,170. Being purchased from a dealer, the balance of warranty would come with it. This was a GM buyback from original purchaser in CA. I have seen the paperwork reason for buyback was problem with removable top. It has been replaced.
    One note of caution: when you go to re-sell the car or trade it in, you'll take a hit because it's a buyback. CarFax can definitely track lemon law vehicles. No matter how minor the problem, the stigma is still huge.

You might want to ask the question about buybacks over on one of the "ask a dealer" forums or "real world trade-ins". The dealers who participate might offer you some good perspective.

Good luck!
  • cindylou5cindylou5 Member Posts: 5
    Now I am reading here that it takes longer than the Finance Manager has told us. 5-6 weeks. This is a small dealership. Am I staring at a Huge problem here, being so nieve thinking it will really only take that long.??
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    Kerbeck has Vettes below MSRP for the 2007 ($6000to$7000). Why would you have to give $500 over MSRP for a 2008. I don`t know if Kerbeck will have the same discount for 2008 models but if not I will wait until they do. Thanks
    oooops. I meant $500- over wholesale.
    And the corvette is quick, it is the 350z that wasn't so quick.!
    Do you mean to say that a dealership is ordering 08 Corvettes for $500 over invoice? If so, please tell me the dealer's name and city/state. Even Kerbeck will only do about $2500 off MSRP on an ordered car...
    I called Kerbeck yesterday (7/20/07) and they offered me $4000 off MSRP. I think will wait a month or two to see if they offer more off.
    $4000 off MSRP on an 08? It must have been loaded. I was only talking to them about basic plus Z51 (maybe the upgraded exhaust). But if they'll do $4k, I'm jumping in soon...
  • silvergoatsilvergoat Member Posts: 12
  • silvergoatsilvergoat Member Posts: 12
    I am considering ordering a 2008 and was wondering about the museum delivery oprion.
    1) is it worth it?
    2) If I am picking up the car at the factory why then do I also have to pay for the destination charges? Isn't the plant across the street from the museum?
    The dealer told me you still have to pay the destination charge even if you pick the car up at the factory. It has something to do with the union I was told.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!
    It might also have something to do with the uniform commercial code (under the FTC?). Delivery charges were standardized nationwide at least a decade ago. That's why a guy who buys a Chevy in Hawaii pays within about $50 of what a guy in Kentucky would pay.

But I'm sure the truckers' unions had a say in the matter as well.
    I have found a 07 C6 car with the Lt3 package, both tops , chrome wheels and onstar with the auto trans. The car is red with dark gray interior and 7300 miles on it. They want $44000.00 for it and I have driven the car and it is just like new. What do you think?
    Well – I bought a similarly equipped 2007 last Fall: 3LT, MX0 \ A6, CC3 & Monterey Red metallic paint. List: $52,690.

I negotiated $5K off that price = $47,690.

I have recently seen various dealers advertising $7 – 8K off remaining new 2007s.

I see $44K as rather high for a 2007 3LT used, with mileage that many C6s don’t see in ** TWO ** years. . .

I think you could do better – or for $1 or $2K more you could buy a new 2007 – if you can find one with the equipment & color that you want.

There are still many 2007 Coupes on dealer lots across the country . . .

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Happy with my deal – and the 12,000 miles driven since then . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    So, based on Ray's input, you just have to get them down to
    $41k or so and you have a great deal.
    Got the dealer down and traded my C5 for the C6 and I have to tell you there is alot more difference in the two cars than I thought there would be but it is a good difference. Thanks for all the info.
  • mako1amako1a Member Posts: 1,855
    I wish there was a way to trade 2 for 1. I have a 2006 Toyota and a 1991 Camaro and the cash difference. The problem is the Camaro has a ton of go fast goddies $$ in it and I'd like to recoup at least a portion of that. Plus I've looked at every publication I can find and nobody has a Corvette for sale within 150 miles of here thus eliminating doing the 2 trade thing. I hate advertising and selling cars so I guess I'll just keep hoping somebody sees my nice clean cars and makes me an off I can't refuse. Dave

2013 Mustang GT, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• jjkostjjkost Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a new 2008 Corvette. Does anyone have any recommendations for Chevy dealers in the Northeast that give "good" deals on Corvettes and also good service departments? I am aware of Kerbeck. I am located just west of Boston but am willing to travel for a good deal.
    I appreciate your responses.
    Thank you,
    Jim
    I would suggest that you investigate MacMulkin in Nashua N.H. Their word-of-mouth on other Forums is excellent...

If I had not been able to negotiate what I considered a fair deal locally ( near Atlanta ) I would have tried them for my 2007 Coupe - they are 15 minutes from where my Mom lives.

Good luck!
    - Ray
    2007 driver.....
    2022 X3 M40i
    Boston to Dayton may be quite a hike, but here is the dream car. I shouldn't be giving this info out, but if you get this one I'm hoping they'll order mine in Yellow.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Chevrolet-Corvette-Coupe-Paddle-Shift-Automa- tic_W0QQitemZ220137690104QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220137690104

OK I know one of you "smart shoppers" got that 2008 Vette. Who was it? I already told Buds I want the same one in Yellow.

I'm anxiously awaiting mine, but have to sell my 91 Z28 Camaro convertible for $8k first (engine is $5k and 400HP all by itself).

• realthorrealthor Member Posts: 26
    Well, I didn't get the red one. But thanks to you I got the blue one. Z-51 and NPP, all that a man needs. Thanks again for the link!!
  • radmrjg1radmrjg1 Member Posts: 3
    You might try the following link: http://www.corvettesbyrickdaniel.com/

I have never bought from them but I called him and he told me they would deliver to a nearby dealer and they will honor GM Supplier pricing if you are eligle.
  • flyboy986flyboy986 Member Posts: 9
    Bought an ordered car from Rick last fall (a black convert with all the options) got GM pricing, took the Museum delivery, and he did everything he said he would on pricing and delivery. Great guy to buy a car from ....even though I live in Arizona!
  • agile5kagile5k Member Posts: 3
    Call Maxie Price in Loganville, Georgia. There's a gentleman out there (ex-military) that handles the internet purchases. I ordered one from him last May and got my car as promised end of May (4 weeks). My vette (07 Coupe, LS3, auto, Z51, dual roof, two tone seats), was delivered to a dealership in Maryland where I live, they call this "courtesy delivery". You pay an extra $200.00 for that as they have to complete the paperworks for you. Maxie Price operates the same way with Kerbeck and Rick Daniel. Received the best discount from Maxie. The trick here is to find a dealership that has a good number of allocation. If you go local, they may not have the right allocation so it may take a few months before they can order your car for you.
  • gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    Sold my '03 Z06 and because of price differential decided to shop of a C6 coupe instead of a C6 Z06
    Found some awesome deals on leftover '07's, some dealers going GMS pricing which is as good as one can get IMHO. At that time, my Z had not yet sold and Car and Driver as well as other car mags did tests on the '08 coupe and really were very positive on the improvements made in the '08. To my surprise a number of dealers were going about 10% off sticker which is close to invoice. Shopped the entire country and found anywhere from "sticker" to 3-6k off.
    Ended up at Kerbecks in Atlantic City even though they were at 5k off vs. 6k at others. Reason being, they have a HUGE stock of '08's and they happened to have the color/options I wanted; my Z06 had sold and I could not wait to get back in the seat of another Vette. Cost me an extra grand but I got what I wanted and I was too selfish to wait.
    Did the fly out/drive back and I absolutely love this car. Logged 850 miles in one day and can testify to the fact that this is a great cruising car.
    For anyone shopping, I'd recommend the 10% off number as a benchmark.
  • agile5kagile5k Member Posts: 3
    If you're buying a vette, don't settle with what is on the lot, order your car to your specifications. It only takes 3 days to assemble your car and less than a week to deliver your car to a dealership near you (courtesy delivery). Then you receive your car with odometer reading of less than 10 miles (mine was 3 miles). Shop from Maxie Price, Kerbeck or Rick Daniel. Last time I checked with Maxie Price's website, they were giving 8k off MSRP for 07, your local dealership could not beat that. Of course you have to make a deposit on your order, about 2k. Got my order from Maxie Price in less than 4 weeks, i.e., after they received my deposit. Or if you want something special for your vette, take a museum delivery, costs a little more on the handling. Read all about it at Rick Daniel's website.
    The car is being brought to the dealer this wknd. The MSRP is $46,325. it is the basic silver/black with alloys. This car was very hard to find!! (silver) Automatic 1LT
    How is the price? How much haggling can I do on a 2007? I want to offer $40k. does that seem reasonable?
    I think its reasonable due to the fact it is a 2007. I had one offer for $500 over wholesale for a 08' at one dealer.
    Please respond..This car will be mine this wknd, possibly. Everyones input would be appreciated.
    thanks.
    Cindylou:

Kerbeck regularly offered 2007 1LTs for 39,995 (when they still had some). That did not include the automatic, but I think $40k is pretty reasonable for an 07 now. Good luck!
    Finally found a silver 1LT 2007 automatic. I have pre-qualifed..it should be on its way. Now, isn't it a good time to really negotiate on the 2007's ?

asking price is $46k. I am thinking along the lines of $40k. any comments, or suggestions...
    very excited, but its time to make the deal.
  • vettenj72vettenj72 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased an 08 Vette yet? I had a 99 leased Vette and an 01 leased Vette. I currently drive a financed G35 and am looking to get out of it to get back into the car I should have never got out of. My question is what are the lease deals like? I am in NJ so Kerbeck is a good option. I know last Dec they where taking 7500 off MSRP on 07 Vettes for a short while. How does that translate on a 57000 car that would sell to me for about 50000. Has anyone leased one from them or anyone else? I figure I can go in with about 2-3k. Any information would be appreciated.