Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• cindylou5cindylou5 Posts: 5
    Now I am reading here that it takes longer than the Finance Manager has told us. 5-6 weeks. This is a small dealership. Am I staring at a Huge problem here, being so nieve thinking it will really only take that long.??
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Posts: 111
    Kerbeck has Vettes below MSRP for the 2007 ($6000to$7000). Why would you have to give $500 over MSRP for a 2008. I don`t know if Kerbeck will have the same discount for 2008 models but if not I will wait until they do. Thanks
  • cindylou5cindylou5 Posts: 5
    oooops. I meant $500- over wholesale.
    And the corvette is quick, it is the 350z that wasn't so quick.!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Do you mean to say that a dealership is ordering 08 Corvettes for $500 over invoice? If so, please tell me the dealer's name and city/state. Even Kerbeck will only do about $2500 off MSRP on an ordered car...
    I called Kerbeck yesterday (7/20/07) and they offered me $4000 off MSRP. I think will wait a month or two to see if they offer more off.
    $4000 off MSRP on an 08? It must have been loaded. I was only talking to them about basic plus Z51 (maybe the upgraded exhaust). But if they'll do $4k, I'm jumping in soon...
  • silvergoatsilvergoat Posts: 12
    I am considering ordering a 2008 and was wondering about the museum delivery oprion.
    1) is it worth it?
    2) If I am picking up the car at the factory why then do I also have to pay for the destination charges? Isn't the plant across the street from the museum?
    The dealer told me you still have to pay the destination charge even if you pick the car up at the factory. It has something to do with the union I was told.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

It might also have something to do with the uniform commercial code (under the FTC?). Delivery charges were standardized nationwide at least a decade ago. That's why a guy who buys a Chevy in Hawaii pays within about $50 of what a guy in Kentucky would pay.

But I'm sure the truckers' unions had a say in the matter as well.
    I have found a 07 C6 car with the Lt3 package, both tops , chrome wheels and onstar with the auto trans. The car is red with dark gray interior and 7300 miles on it. They want $44000.00 for it and I have driven the car and it is just like new. What do you think?
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    Well – I bought a similarly equipped 2007 last Fall: 3LT, MX0 \ A6, CC3 & Monterey Red metallic paint. List: $52,690.

I negotiated $5K off that price = $47,690.

I have recently seen various dealers advertising $7 – 8K off remaining new 2007s.

I see $44K as rather high for a 2007 3LT used, with mileage that many C6s don’t see in ** TWO ** years. . .

I think you could do better – or for $1 or $2K more you could buy a new 2007 – if you can find one with the equipment & color that you want.

There are still many 2007 Coupes on dealer lots across the country . . .

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Happy with my deal – and the 12,000 miles driven since then . . .
  • starrow68starrow68 Posts: 1,142
    So, based on Ray's input, you just have to get them down to
    $41k or so and you have a great deal.
    Got the dealer down and traded my C5 for the C6 and I have to tell you there is alot more difference in the two cars than I thought there would be but it is a good difference. Thanks for all the info.
  • mako1amako1a VirginiaPosts: 1,596
    I wish there was a way to trade 2 for 1. I have a 2006 Toyota and a 1991 Camaro and the cash difference. The problem is the Camaro has a ton of go fast goddies $$ in it and I'd like to recoup at least a portion of that. Plus I've looked at every publication I can find and nobody has a Corvette for sale within 150 miles of here thus eliminating doing the 2 trade thing. I hate advertising and selling cars so I guess I'll just keep hoping somebody sees my nice clean cars and makes me an off I can't refuse. Dave

2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500 LT HD, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• jjkostjjkost Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a new 2008 Corvette. Does anyone have any recommendations for Chevy dealers in the Northeast that give "good" deals on Corvettes and also good service departments? I am aware of Kerbeck. I am located just west of Boston but am willing to travel for a good deal.
    I appreciate your responses.
    Thank you,
    Jim
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    I would suggest that you investigate MacMulkin in Nashua N.H. Their word-of-mouth on other Forums is excellent...

If I had not been able to negotiate what I considered a fair deal locally ( near Atlanta ) I would have tried them for my 2007 Coupe - they are 15 minutes from where my Mom lives.

Good luck!
    - Ray
    2007 driver.....
    Boston to Dayton may be quite a hike, but here is the dream car. I shouldn't be giving this info out, but if you get this one I'm hoping they'll order mine in Yellow.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Chevrolet-Corvette-Coupe-Paddle-Shift-Automa- tic_W0QQitemZ220137690104QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220137690104

OK I know one of you "smart shoppers" got that 2008 Vette. Who was it? I already told Buds I want the same one in Yellow.

I'm anxiously awaiting mine, but have to sell my 91 Z28 Camaro convertible for $8k first (engine is $5k and 400HP all by itself).