Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    cruisinloucruisinlou Member Posts: 27
    I just bought a 2003 Corvette convertible with a 6 speed for a price that was over $1000.00 under blue book this was from a dealer and also in Nov.'09 which is just about when the snow flies where I live and many people don't want to buy a car they will have to place in hibernation for several months before they even drive it very much.
    I believe that the time of the year has a lot to do with the pricing because the dealer or a private party doesn't want to store it over the winter so will give you a good price.
    I think that the price you offer is a price he will accept.
  • Options
    rsmith8rsmith8 Member Posts: 47
    I bought a new 2010 Corvette, Base Couple with Automatic for $39,998 + TTL and $259 security option.
  • Options
    bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    What's a 'security option'. I hope you didn't have someone cut into the wiring of a new Corvette and install an additional security system or remote start. If so, expect to have problems from this sometime in the future. The electronic and/or connections in these things always go bad and then cause all kinds of strange problem.

What was the MSRP on this car?
  • Options
    It was Phantom Footprint. I understand that it is the marking of some key parts that can only be seen with ultraviolet light. I had been offered that as an option and DECLINED. However, it was in the final price (added to the $39,998). After I got home and was reviewing the contract, I saw the entry and sent a tactful note to the general manager. Since then, the charge has been refunded 100%. I mentioned it to my insurance agent who knew exactly what I was talking about but they gave zero additional discount for the option - another reason for requesting a refund. No, no wires were cut.
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Hey guys, I'm not really a Vette guy but there is a bright red '96 C4 auto w/ 40k miles for sale that is tempting me. It looks immaculate in and out, probably a garage queen. The for sale sticker says "R" title, what ever that means. He wants $8800 for it. Good deal? Problems w/ this gen.?
  • Options
    fungus440fungus440 Member Posts: 21
    I would go to the C4 section on corvetteforum.com and ask.
  • Options
    I'm not sure, and these things vary by state, but if "R" means Rebuild, which I think is same as a 'Salvage' title I would run away, no matter how good it looks.

This is something I would sure check out. A Salvage title usually reduces the sale price of an auto by half...
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    I don't think it would be all that hard to find a nice C4 for under $10K.. In fact, I ran into one just last month, while shopping for furniture.. The owner of the furniture company had it parked in his "clearance" building... 40th anniversary edition... sort of a maroon/burgundy color with matching trim and special wheels.... He was pushing 70, and said he bought it in 2005, but can't really get in and out of it... This car only had 40K miles and he was asking $8900...

My point is.... Shop around.... you should be able to get a nice one, with no issues (like a branded title).... for not that much money..

As noted, you might have better luck in a general Corvette forum, like this one.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    R/R automobile title means Rebuilt/Reconstructed. That means it was a SALVAGE vehicle that has been REBUILT. This is a significant taint against any vehicle and negatively impacts the value of the vehicle no matter how well it was rebuilt. Still, $8,800 is less than what you might pay for a simular vehicle without the title issue. Good luck.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you seriously considered buying a new Corvette but chose a different sports car instead, email PR@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter. Please include your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision. Please respond no later than Friday, January 11, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    2013 corvette base model - msrp $50575 (build date August 2012)

Selling price of $43522, minus $2000 rebate, minus $2000 GM card top-off, minus $1000 GM private offer = $38522 + 6% tax + $213 in tags and doc fees.

Had been leaning towards getting a lightly used one, but at this price used made no sense.

Now for the winter to be over so I can drive it...
  • Options
    raa1raa1 Member Posts: 16
    At that price its a sweetheart of a deal. Enjoy !
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    pops2be, how did you get that selling price to be $2500 below invoice!?! is that a common/typical discount?
  • Options
    dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    I got a lot of quotes, and took my time. Kerbeck in Atlantic City advertised similar savings on base Vettes at the end of last year, but in Jan/Feb prices there have been a bit higher.

They told me they were losing $1500 on this car after holdback. Whether it's true or not I don't really know. Perhaps there was some hidden dealer incentive or maybe they had some total sales volume incentive. The next-best quote I got was $553 higher, so still a bargain. I think they don't sell many Vettes in the northeast in the winter and some of the dealers clearly wanted to unload them. Also considering the new C7 will be available in August folks may be waiting. But I'm sure there won't be such great bargains on the C7 for some time, and I wanted to purchase before my wife changed her mind :D
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    Thanks for the details, dad2be - best wishes to you and wife and baby.
  • Options
    ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    Lots of dealers discount brand new Vettes. I bought a 2013 Vette from a dealer in Montana. (I live in Tennessee). MSRP was $59,950. I paid $49,580 out the door.
    E-mail me if you have any questions. ;)
  • Options
    bobparisbobparis Member Posts: 28
    Purchased Grand Sport 3LT Convertible in Arctic White w/ Cashmere interior. MSRP $74,705. Paid $65458 less $2,000 rebate. With sales tax (9%) and fees total out the door price was $69,999. Dealer matched my credit union 60 mos - zero down financing at 1.74% through BofA so it was a quick & easy deal. Enjoying the ride immensely.
  • Options
    Tonight Tulsa TV dealer ad - $13,000 off on Corvette.
  • Options
    gavin1911gavin1911 Member Posts: 9
    2013 model?