Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Crossfire / Crossfire SRT-6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    getinmycargetinmycar Member Posts: 16
    So was that a new never been unregistered car? I am asking because I approached a local dealer that had 6 new 08 limited auto coups (msrp 38k) and they wont come down past 27k.
  • Options
    zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Yes our two were 2 NEW 2008's that had a MSRP of $38,165 and we got the MSO with them. Never titled before. Had 14 and 17 miles on them !
  • Options
    Did NOT get your email. You need to go back to one of my PM's on the other forum and CLICK on my email address I posted in my messages, and send me one that way. You left out the underscore I bet. Just do it that way and I will look for it.
  • Options
    smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    ok, I'll try that.

mine is smogdung@yahoo.com in that didn't work!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.. What is "MSO" and would you mind sharing with me how you were able to get over 20k off of MSRP. I don't mean to be a bother, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around it. I talked with another dealer 50 miles away from the first and he wouldn't budge past 27k either.
  • Options
    Brad is zq8, last week he posted a message that he got an 08 for 17K & named the dealership. The moderator removed his message quickly I think because he named the dealership (I think) cause an hour or 2 later I couldn't find his previous message.

I jumped on the lead & contacted the internet sales manager there. I told him I would take the last one if I could get the same price as Brad....(they were advertised as about $20K). I have no idea how Brad managed to talk them down to $17K, I would never had had the guts to even make an offer that low had Brad not posted his fantastic price. I'm not sure about Brad's, but mine was called a stock reduction, & listed as a used car....Chrysler was the first name on the title or is it the dealership...I'd have to go look....in any case mine had only 13 miles on the odometer. The did this ploy (I think) so that they would not have to give the Lifetime powertrain warranty...mine only has a 3 year 36K mile bumper to bumper that started in Dec. of 08...I can buy the Lifetime for about a grand if I want it.

If you keep your eyes on these forums another such deal may pop up????

Actually, before I left to go to Mendota....I contacted Olathe Chrysler (near KC), they would not match, they advertise about 12K off, but they sent me an e-mail yesterday....19,995 +250 fees. In this case you would get the lifetime warranty.
  • Options
    MSO= Manufactuers Statement of Origin.

Our cars have NEVER been titled. They have Chrysler listed as the first owner ONLY ON THE CHRYSLER WARRANTY info. That's all. Chrysler only did that so they could write-off the current and future cost of the Lifetime Powertrain warranty. That way they could damn near give these last 15 , 2008 Crossfires away to the dealers. Chris, I bet they made a killing off us because I bet the dealers didn't have to pay over $10 K to $12K for these Stock Reduction Units. I just made an offer of $17,000 OTD and they took it. Hell I bet they would have taken alot less !
  • Options
    Brad, did you send the pics yet?
  • Options
    YES .
  • Options
    I see you've got N in your tires too, since it's minus 3.6 F this morning.....kinda nice...I guess the do that up north more so that the pressure doesn't fluctuate with the temp changes as much. Thanks for the pics.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ok, thanks.
  • Options
    I did it. Sorry, won't do it again.
  • Options
    I'm glad ya did!

Brad, was this your first XFIRE? Had you ever driven one before? That was something of a leap of faith to buy unseen........

9 F & snowing this morning in KC, wife didn't want to get Wilma dirty....so she took the HHR to work......I told her she'd probably be better off driving Wilma (stability control).
  • Options
    This is the first XFIRE that we have owned. I had never driven a Limited or Base Crossfire before, but I had driven two different SRT-6's in the past. I was also told that there was not a scratch or dent on either car ! Did you know I had told him that I wanted to take the Silver car but my wife told me to please get the Aero Blue. I changed it when he called me back. Lucky for you huh?
  • Options
    So there are only 15 Xfires with that special deal? I figured something like that. There are 19 limited coupes in my area and no one was going that low. I guess the wife isn't getting on for valentines day.

ZQ8, Can you PM me your dealership info if they have anymore?
  • Options
    They only bought two and they sold like hotcakes !
  • Options
    I'm partial to my 07 Machine Grey, but I like them all. I would have taken either one.

The day I canceled the check the local dealer that told me to "Drive carefully to Illinois", came back with an e-mail.....$20K. I sent him a pic of Fred & Wilma & told him Wilma (still with the Prescott tag on the back) was the one I just came back with from Ill. , but that for $17K I was willing to take a third! He never responded....He also said $23K for a roadster. Their official ads on the internet say $12K off.
  • Options
    smookdogsmookdog Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone got a deal lately on the limited convertible with auto? Also does anyone know if the new Chrysler 0% interest applies to the Crossfire?
  • Options
    69xfire69xfire Member Posts: 8
    I doubt 0% is offered on the CCC. I asked about it in late Nov. and they said it only offered in the Bigger Trucks/SUV's..
  • Options
    Several days after telling me to drive carefully to Illinois (to get my $17K 08 coupe-auto with nav), Olathe (KS) Chrysler sent me an e-mail.....$23K for a CCC. / $20K for a coupe. These may be new 07s or 08s. zip 66109 & you'll find them on Chrysler's website. They have 12 left I think.
  • Options
    ChariotChariot Member Posts: 26
    Folks wait for a month and you will see XFires will sell @ $10,000-$15,000. According to one of my relative who works for Chrysler mentioned that these cars were sold to dealers between 10K to 12K, besides dealers will get another $2k back on each Xfire sold. There are a lot of '08 glut in the market and not to mention still quite a bit '07 left.
  • Options
    Thanks for the message. Do you have any info on convertibles? I am looking for an 08 in yellow or maybe blue and would love to get one under 20k.
  • Options
    Hi Brad,

Would you please provide me with the dealership name.

-AB
  • Options
    They only bought two, both gone now.
  • Options
    gordyduffgordyduff Member Posts: 1
    i am coming to the end of my lease on my crossfire.
    some small scratches in paint, 26 k everything else mint.
    what is my best option and is chrysler offering any deals on lease buy outs?
  • Options
    ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Chrysler Financial is offering me a $6000 reduction to my lease buy out if i decide to purchase the lease to my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I would suggest you contact C.F. and see what they offer you on your crossfire.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
  • Options
    I heard that after president's day and EPP++++ (03/31/09) sales are over, Chrysler will shave at least $21,000 for all Crossfire across the board. Lets keep our finger crossed. Some of us may be able to come close to Brad's price.
  • Options
    Hello All,

Would anyone please let me know what supplementary packages I should receive in shipping for a fully loaded '08 Limited Roadster? Is dealer needs to send me luggage, wheel cases, CDs etc. separately? I am asking what other materials I should get from the dealer which is not firmly attached to the car. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.
  • Options
    I believe the luggage only come with the 2004 model. Do you mind telling us what you paid for the '08 roadster and what dealership you bought it from? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,
    It seems like that a lot of dealers are offering the same Max care Lifetime and other options at a wide range of prices. Please let me know what's the best possible price for this warranty and which dealer/s are offering it. I am looking for Max. Care Lifetime wrap with $0 deductible. Someone also can advise what's the best one to buy such as 7yr./100,000 miles instead of lifetime. I know that convenience coverage such as rentals, trip interruption etc. disappear after 7yr./100,000m whichever occurs first. Please PM me at aryan_76@ymail.com.

Cheers!
  • Options
    ddeckardddeckard Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Just received an 08 Limited from Tom Ahl, Lima, Ohio with 49 miles. It's sold as "used", but has the 36k warranty. Bought it for 14,900 and 400 shipping. It arrived in perfect condition and everything works perfectly. It's a 6 speed and runs great after first gear. Loving it so far. The poor dealers with 07 models can't touch the price. Mine is oyster gold with tutone cedar interior, infinity stereo. Keep an eye on autotrader for more deals. David
  • Options
    Fantastic buy! What's your VIN # ? I've got 8X076028 (auto & nav)......made the last week of production.

Re. the 6 speed, I've discovered on my '07 ....if you keep the revs up ....(whether you're shifting up or down)....it's sweet!
  • Options
    I guess he just beat our price.
  • Options
    Finally I bought a fully loaded (though w/o two tone) new Yellow '08 Limited Roadster including Max Care Lifetime warranty with $0 deductible LPMXN for $31,000 + $900 shipping. Please comment on the price. By the way, tax, title, & fees are excluded. Please comment on the price.
  • Options
    Brad, it's about the same...Auto/Nav = +$2275 on the sticker.
  • Options
    Chariot, you may own the only Yellow '08 Limited Roadster in existence ...in that sense.....a price cannot be put on it!
  • Options
    Thanks for your comment. It soothes a bit as I knew I paid more than I should have been
  • Options
    Chariot,
    How much did the Lifetime/ Max Care/$0 Deductible ,cost on it's own ?
  • Options
    I pad about $3000 + tax that was included in the $31,000 price. By the way, it's auto Trans, gps/NAV etc.
  • Options
    New Xfire roadsters comes with Tonneau Cover.....Is this means that it comes with entire car cover or it means just the soft top.of the convertible. Please reply!. You may PM me aryan_76@ymail.com.
  • Options
    08xfire08xfire Member Posts: 1
    Is there a way to find the production numbers for 08 Crossfires? I'm especially interested in the numbers for a yellow limited roadster. Thanks
  • Options
    I don't know, but there must have been at least two.....your's & Chariot's.
  • Options
    Hi smogdung,

It will be great if you can provide us sometimes with some technical infos. to get the best driving experience out of Xfire as well as your two cents on oil change and other simple maintenance can be done by the owner. You have immense knowledge about this car please share with us.

I bought a '08 yellow but don't know how to find the production number?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Let's keep this discussion to Prices Paid, please..

Stick with the other Crossfire discussions for technical issues...

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    There were only 76,048 Crossfires ever produced.....this includes all RHD & LHD examples. The VIN# of the Bright Silver Coupe I bought recently ends as
    8X076028 .......the 8X means it was model year 2008, the 76028 means it was the 76,028th one ever built (going all the way back to the beginning of production).
    Your VIN# can be seen under the windshield, in front of the driver's seat.
    It's a big long set of characters & each does mean something.

On the driver's door the date 12/07 is imprinted....means it was built December of 2007. Since production halted 12/17/2007....I assume mine was built during that last week.
  • Options
    schris403schris403 Member Posts: 1
    So should I be expecting to pay somewhere around the 27k mark for a new 08' auto roadster or should it be less? I can't seem to find enough references on what people have been paying for roadsters.. Even a range would be great.

Thanks!
    Chris
  • Options
    For my yellow Xfire, the last eight digits of the VIN # is 8x075648. In respect of Xfire price, it depends upon options and color of the vehicle. I paid little over $29,000 for a fully loaded '08 Yellow X-fire Roadster(auto, nav. etc.). However, it's not a two tone interior which cost $250 more as I couldn't find one with yellow exterior color. The price does not include any other charges such as tax, title etc as well as warranty purchase. The price I posted earlier included Maxcare warranty but later on i find out it is added care with $100 deductible. This warranty cost was about $1500. I think price of '08 Roadster has increased in the last two months or so as it's becoming a collector's item. Besides, it's in short supply due to cessation of it's production (As you know 2008 is the last year for Xfire). I think Smogdung mentioned on of his post that the price of X-fire may go up later on and he is on the dot in this issue.

Let me tell you this....it's truly a good looking car specially view from the behind. I can't believe Chrysler was not able to sell this to the masses.
  • Options
    Looks like there are no more brand new 08s in the Kansas City area....5-6 07s....mostly coupes.
This discussion has been closed.