Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire / Crossfire SRT-6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The biggest lease trading website is swapalease.com.

Check out their website, and you can find out just about everything you need to know...

But, I doubt you'll find someone to take over your lease at that price... '05 Crossfires were leasing for around $400/mo. last summer..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crossfiremancrossfireman Member Posts: 14
    I am seriously considering buying a new black base roadster...got a quote just below $25K. Should I push further? Seems like a good deal. What do you think??
  • psdxpsdx Member Posts: 6
    Hi - assuming your dealer has more than one, can you tell me who the dealer is??? Thanks!
  • crossfiremancrossfireman Member Posts: 14
    Any word on what the new rumored incentives for crossfires will be ?
  • brucethegoosebrucethegoose Member Posts: 1
    did you close the SRT at under 30K?
    where are you located???
  • rommeyrommey Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell me what I should expect to pay for a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited Coupe automatic fully loaded with 17,000 miles? The dealer want to sell me the car for 22,000. I think this is a good price but I know you guys know best. Thank you.
  • meegwellmeegwell Member Posts: 67
    A dealer (in Canoga Park, CA) told me Chrysler will not be making the crossfire in 06!

Bummer.

m :(
  • meegwellmeegwell Member Posts: 67
    Does the SRT pkg. overcome the low end torqeu and the steering
    issues apparent in the limited model?
  • 1finejeep1finejeep Member Posts: 29
    They will be making the Crossfire for 2006. They are not going to make a ton of them due to the amount of 2005 Crossfires that are still left over.
  • riley34riley34 Member Posts: 12
    Just purchased a 2005 Limited Roadster, $15K off sticker and warranty extended to bumper to bumper 7/70. Offered a 2006 at the same price but only 3/36 warranty.
  • jocollijocolli Member Posts: 12
    At 15,000 off sticker I will fly and buy. Where is this dealer located? Please place name of dealer and city/state on this board!
    Thanx in advance.
  • 1dkupp1dkupp Member Posts: 4
    I'd like to know where I can get a 2005 LTD auto Roadster (in Aero Blue) at $15K off.
    Thanks!!
  • riley34riley34 Member Posts: 12
    Maroone in Coconut Creek FL, last I looked had SRT Coupes only, at the time they were 46-48K sticker with 15K off.
  • croslim7croslim7 Member Posts: 1
    Since this is February, I'd like to know how much less I should pay for a 2005 Crossfire convertible lease? The car I'm looking at is a Limited with an original tag of $40,730 and a current sale tag of $33,315. Could you give me some ballpark figures on this for 39mo./12,000 miles?Also, the dealer is suggesting front and back payments? The dealership is in northern Illinois, but I live in Wisconsin, just over the border. Thanks.
  • nbluenblue Member Posts: 1
    purchased an red 05 ltd roadster for $30k (the going price in my area) in about 15 minutes time in a dark showroom - signed papers & paid them for it!

car was dirty when picked up. was literally on my way out, w/keys, heading to the car - when i happened to see a long dark streak on passenger side - upon closer look, dirt was hiding a 2 feet long scratch/chips in passenger side body so deep that underneath the dirt you could see grey metal. upon closer examinatin, dirt was hiding a lot - baked on glue from old stickers, paint chips in front dam underneath mud spots. there was also a huge very visible 3 inch round scratch/stain on inside panel of car.

was very nice about it. didnt ask for any price reduction. didnt fuss, only asked them to fix the scratch, & clean the car up. they agreed and called a week later to say car was ready.

upon 2nd pick up, found that they failed to honor their agreement. apparently, they now wanted out of the deal. they stated that they had others interested in it as is and that my choice was to take it or leave it. they got really nasty, beyond the pale (i.e., not worth their time to deal with me anymore, incentives being given b/c it was damaged, it was really an 1 1/2 year old car, cant expect it to be in good condition, all crossfires were badly shipped and had cosmetic problems, that it was really my problem with being too fussy, yayada).

i asked repeatedly for them to honor their agreement and they refused. manager refused to talk to me & ASKED ME TO LEAVE! no apologies for wasting 2 days of my time - i drove 200 miles each time to pick it up.

if you buy this car from salermo, get a good price b/c it was damaged; there were numerous cosmetic damage that they will not disclose to you; it should be priced at used car price by their own admission.
  • crossfire5crossfire5 Member Posts: 4
    Hope some one can anwser these questions. We have a cloth manual seat, I thought one of the features was that when you move the seat forward, it rocks upwards and gives you 2 to 3 inches up. How does that work, the lever on the left side of the seat moves but doesnt recline. Is this a problem, when you pull the front lever up it just slides the seat back and forth but will not go up as advertised, is this just a defect or is there a reason anyone can figure out. Also when you use the remote, only the lights blink, is there a program to make the horn honk when locking, Its not in the owners manual and people at the chrysler web site cannot help........ Frustrated this is a new Car... Thanks
    Hi, crossfire5..

Since this is a leasing discussion, you might have better luck getting an answer in the general Chrysler Crossfire discussion.. where more current owners will be hanging out...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• crossfire5crossfire5 Member Posts: 4
    THNX FOR THE RIGHT LINK !!!!!!!!!
  • srt6stonersrt6stoner Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping for a SRT-6 for a couple of weeks. I found coupe in Houston, TX with 700 miles for $26,900. Found a convertible with 3000 miles for $30,000 - for sale by private party in San Diego. Went to a dealership outside of Dallas and for a SRT-6 convertible $38,500 (they were very proud of theirs)...Bought mine off ebay for 34,000 yesterday...SRT-6 Black Convertible with navigation - 5000 miles outta PA. Pricing is all over the place but still some available. I used Capital One Auto Finance online to get the deal done...gave me some bargaining power. You may look into that.
  • drengurdrengur Member Posts: 1
    wow, that's a pretty shabby experience... Maybe I'm old fashioned, but when spending the best part of a year's wages on a car I expect some pretty damn decent customer service myself. If it's scratched and [non-permissible content removed], you bloody fix it and smile politely. I rented a crossfire convertible for the weekend and fanged it up to hervey bay from the gold coast in (a good 300kms) and I have to say it's a bit on the underpowered side. You get a nice satisfying noise from the tailpipes, but nothing mind blowing happens. I got her up to about 185km/h and she got a bit twitchy too (keep in mind this is a rental so probably been thrashed!) but overall to was great fun! got more than a few admiring looks... that pastel yellow is rather ostentatious - although a bit girly, however the woman was impressed and went a bit weak at the knees when driving it ;) . I'd love to see how the SRT6 goes, but I reckon that they need to make a hemi variant... that car CRAVES a V8 in my most humble opinion!
  • hersheyshersheys Member Posts: 2
    I bought a new SRT6 for 27K from the dealer..... Taxes and title included..

WHAT AN AWESOME DEAL. I Love my new car!!
  • candicevcandicev Member Posts: 1
    My husband leased a 2005 crossfire a week before we met. We have a 39 month lease up in may 2008. I really want to turn it in early, but I am afraid if a huge penalty. I want to take on a different chrysler lease, but one that is a 5 seater.(we have a child} I have a close relative in chrysler to get a good deal, but I don't know if it will be enough. Please tell me anything I can do/any options I have. I know how bad the crossfires are doing, thats what worries me the most.

candice
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Was it a Coupe or a Roadster and how many miles were on it?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Candice. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle. Chrysler is running an early lease termination program for select vehicles right now, but this promotion only waives three payments so you are still going to have to pay a ton to get out of your Crossfire lease early.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hersheyshersheys Member Posts: 2
    It was a couple...120 miles on it. I am the 1st owner...
  • drexelfoxdrexelfox Member Posts: 1
    I was SRT6 Coupes in my area.....listed at 40,000, including the 5K cash back (2005 model). Is yours a 2005?
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    SRT's were only made in 2005. They weren't available as '04 models.
  • redwillyredwilly Member Posts: 2
    New SRT in Canoga Park $34999 aero Blue Coupe,Nav,330hp,only a few left...great dealer...no hassles
  • tachestaches Member Posts: 6
    for a Crossfire Coupe: new or used. Do you think the SRT is worth the price difference? I'm willing to go anywhere in the US for a good price - heck, I can always use/ enjoy a good road trip. Lotsa great prices in TX and Florida... but how do I ensure I don't get a car that's a Karina victim?

Really excited, since I've been eyeing this car for years and finally ready to move onto the researching and purchasing stage.

Thanks!
  • skesandskesand Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2006 Crossfire Limited Roadster, only 51 test driven miles on it when I first sat down in its beautiful two-tone leather seats. Love the color....red pearl, literally haven't stopped at a single place while driving it and NOT received a comment on what a hot car it is. I love her!! Best of all, got a great deal (I think) $27,600. They had one other, it was white with grey leather interior. Great experience with salesman at Citrus Chrysler in Dade City Florida.
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    Any luck so far? I'm pretty sure that here in Florida, you won't find cars that were Katrina victims. Pretty much, if you go to a reputable dealer, that shouldn't be a concern. I can't speak for Texas since I've been to the Dallas airport all of once for a layover, but it's been pretty good here in FL.

I think there's a dealer or two with SRT's on the lot. If I find a link to one, I'll post if for ya.
  • drydockdrydock Member Posts: 1
    Hi Cmdr17,
    I'm also looking for a 2006 SRT6 Roadster, new or used. I'm in San Jose, CA and any suggestions would be appreciated. It's a big country with lots of Chrysler dealers and I don't have the inside track.
    Thanks
    -drydock
  • curlytopd1curlytopd1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    At the end of '05, I leased a new 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited. I still LOVE MY CAR. My lease will be expiring soon, and I need some advice. Now that Chrysler has announced the Crossfire will be discontinued, is this a good car to hold onto because so few were made (more collectible), or should I turn it in at the end of the lease because maintenance for a discontinued car will be very difficult and expensive in the long run. Maintenance already is very expensive, and I'm concerned about outrageous costs and limited replacement parts in the future.
    Hi, curlytopd1..

I don't think the Crossfire is ever going to become a true collectible.. Parts could get expensive, eventually, just because a lot of them are sourced from Mercedes..

What you really need to find out, is the actual value of your car vs. the residual value that Chrysler Financial will charge you to buy it.

For more input on that, try posting in the general Chrysler Crossfire discussion..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xfiregirlxfiregirl Member Posts: 10
    Picked up a 04 with 44K miles.....13K :)

in 04 bought a 04 for 34K.like this much better....
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    I got screwed..........in todays newspaper the ad now says $15K off ..last week it was only $14K off..the week before it was $12.5K off .they have 13 left on their website.....all are automatics 3 Roadsters - 10 coupes......I think it's a brand new dealership & they appear desperate to meet a 1st year goal.....cause another dealership in the KC area has 17 in stock & they aren't advertising such a deal????

I paid < $23K....6 speed. 24 miles on odometer.
  • jjl1768jjl1768 Member Posts: 2
    just purchased a 2004, auto, white with red/black interior 15k miles for just over 16k. there was a mint, red 2005 with 15k miles on it driven by a woman for 12months (she bought an audi t/t) - can be purchased for15k or so. car is in fall river mass - i drove it, a great car.
  • daixchrdaixchr Member Posts: 3
    We just bought a new 2006 Crossfire Limited coupe from a dealer in NY over eBay. My wife thought I was nuts until the car arrived. It took three looong weeks to ship from NY to CA, and she loves it. It was kind of fun to check the progress each day, but a little frustrating to see it sit at the same terminal in the middle of the country for days at a time. I clicked Buy-It-Now for $20,384. Window sticker was $37,580. Had to pay $1,271 for shipping from NY to CA, but still a great deal for a new car with 10 miles on the odometer. We're looking for a Crossfire club somewhere near the central California coast. Any ideas where local clubs can be found?
    Congrats! What color? Since brand new ....you get the Lifetime Powertrain warranty...right?

The UK Crossfire Forum is the best group I've found.....hundreds of owners from all over the world.....check it out. Very active membership.....very good site.
  • jnomad56jnomad56 Member Posts: 8
    Just called Lee's Summit and was told by New Sales MGR discouunt for 07 Crossfires is $15,000.00 off MSRP, but when he quoted the total, he added back in 925.00 destination fee and 249.00 for some other fee. Bottom line it was not $15,000.00 off MSRP. :mad:
    OK,, so it's $13,826 off...... when I bought mine.....they made me borrow at least $10K....otherwise they were going to tack on another $1K also........so my final deal was $10 Cash + $10K loan + 2003 Alero strippo (ecotec 5spd..not even power windows / about 80K miles / bondo job where I opened it up like a tin can with zero radius lawn mower / dent in trunk (axe), dent in roof (fell off latter in garage / broke rib).....I doubt I could have sold it for $3K......so I figure it cost me $23K......sticker was just shy of $36K......Sales tax etc was separate issue back in my own state of Kansas. I thought it was the deal of the century??????

So, you thinking about buying one from Lee's Summit? I think the remaining stock there are all automatics......If so, tell Kim....Chris L. sent ya.
  • daixchrdaixchr Member Posts: 3
    Sapphire Silver Blue with dark grey slate leather. The window sticker has 3yrs/36K miles for warranty. Not aware of the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Sounds great! What's that about?

Thanks for the tip on UK Crossfire Forum. I'll check it out.
    If you are the original owner & you bought it after 7/26/07....every new Chrysler has a lifetime powertrain warranty (excludes anything with SRT in the name). Should count even if it was a 2006 or '05. The only stipulations....it's your lifetime (or Chrysler's) ....it's not transferable. To keep it in effect....within 60 days of each 5th-10th-15th (etc.) date....you must take it in for a free powertrain inspection.
    Correct, but does not apply to the 2005 models. Only 2006 and newer.
  • jnomad56jnomad56 Member Posts: 8
    Steve White Motors in Hickory, NC has 40 on the ground to move - 25 new 2007's and 15 new 06's.

I just made a deal on a 2007 LTD Coupe - auto/nav/asp tires/ 2-tone interior for $13,825.00 off MSRP. Could not get them to discount anymore, but they also dropped prices in eBAY as of yesterday on a few of the models listed.

Lee's Summit Chrysler advertises 15,000.00 off msrp but adds destination charges back in.

Spring CDJ in Spring,Texas; Landers in Bossier City, LA and Helfman's in Houston also are discounting in $13,000.00 +/- range

Hope this helps any perspective buyers willing to travel to get the best price.
    Did you get Steve White Motors to go below their ebay price?
  • ozark2ozark2 Member Posts: 16
    I just bought a 2007 Crossfire @ same dealership. List for $38,000+, supposedly bought for about $24,000 with a few fees slipped in. Drove it 200 miles, got a wild hair and asked dealership what they'd give me on trade for a 2007 Jeep Extreme and was quoted $16,000. Had it 4 days, 200 miles, $16,000....great investment.

Will keep car, it seems to be fine, special, fun, fast, good looking, etc. Had three F150's, three mini-vans, kids gone, and we want a fun car while we can still get in and out of it.

I wish it was more clear exactly what maintenance has to be preformed for warranty and when etc and if only a Chrysler dealer can do it to reset the electronic maintenace reminder gadget. Ambiguity seems to be the standard in dealing with big Corporations.
  • ozark2ozark2 Member Posts: 16
    Just bought a new oyster 2007 Crossfire Coupe less than two weeks ago from a local Chrysler Dealer which listed $38,000 plus. It has less than 1000 miles on it. Automatic, two tone interior, navigation, continental tires as far as I know every option.

Truth is, I'm 57, wife thinks it's too small and shouldnt have bought it.

I'd sell it for $24,000 and chalk it up to experience if anyone wants it.

Located close to KCMO.

Sbrow5@amfam.com
    You should have got a 6 speed.....you wouldn't ever be willing to let it go.....real sports cars have sticks!!!
This discussion has been closed.