Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire / Crossfire SRT-6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Local dealer offering $12,000 off MSRP on all 2008 Crossfires in stock. Is this a good deal? Has anyone seen better?
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    Lee's Summit, Mo. (near Kansas City).....$14K off sticker....+ destination & fees ( +$1,200). So it's really about $12,800 off sticker. But those are 2007s not 8s.
  • turbokobeturbokobe Member Posts: 2
    Where can I go to find aftermarket parts for my 05' SRT-6?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi turbokobe. I suspect that you will have better luck finding an answer to your question about aftermarket parts for the Crossfire over in the "Chrysler Crossfire" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • winstonscifiwinstonscifi Member Posts: 5
    Here's the deal - a brand new 2007 base coupe with sticker price near 31000 for just 17000. I test drove the car today, but I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. There didn't seem to be a cupholder in sight. My first sports car was a 1974 Triumph Spitfire, and that didn't have a cupholder, but now - I think I need one. Otherwise, the car handled like my old Spitfire, and moved quite a bit quicker! Does the 3 year 36000 mile warranty include loaner car? Should I buy it for 17000, or wait for the Pontiac Solstice coupe? Thanks for all your help!
  • ksmigelksmigel Member Posts: 56
    Is this a good deal? by winstonscifi
    Oct 22, 2008 (1:37 pm)

Here's the deal - a brand new 2007 base coupe with sticker price near 31000 for just 17000. I test drove the car today, but I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. There didn't seem to be a cupholder in sight. My first sports car was a 1974 Triumph Spitfire, and that didn't have a cupholder, but now - I think I need one. Otherwise, the car handled like my old Spitfire, and moved quite a bit quicker! Does the 3 year 36000 mile warranty include loaner car? Should I buy it for 17000, or wait for the Pontiac Solstice coupe? Thanks for all your help!

What dealer?

As of today, some dealers are offering a flat 18k off of MSRP on any 2008 NEW Crossfire. The remaining units are scheduled to go to auction, and this is the last year they'll be sold.

I was offered an auto w/leather but w/out nav for $16,900 plus TTL earlier today on a new one from a Texas dealer (I had them send me the written, signed paperwork on it).

Bad cars for winter driving, and choppy ride, though. Also, fuel mileage is bad.
    Well, after haggling a few more days, the dealer came down to 15,857.00 plus tax and license. I walked out of Larry Reid's Bloomington Chrysler with a brand new 2007 base Crossfire coupe in black for 17,334.00. The MSRP was 30,745.00. I've been driving this car around for about 2 weeks now, and I like it more every day. It reminds me of my 1974 Triumph Spitfire, only with alot more power. There's not much room in the interior, and no cupholder. The radio has a bothersome lag, but all that is forgiven when you hit the curves - or hit the GO pedal! By the way, my first tank of fuel brought 23.4 miles per gallon. I'm not complaining.
    I just kept super accurate #s over 1000 miles of routine driving (3 weeks)....much getting on it too.....25.4 mpg 6 speed.

Mine reminds me of a cross between the 78 vette I had & the 73 Triump GT6 MKIII I had. Only much higher quality than either & faster & quicker than both & better mpg!!
    #91 of 92
    I Bought The Car!!! by winstonscifi
    Nov 16, 2008 (3:46 am)

Well, after haggling a few more days, the dealer came down to 15,857.00 plus tax and license. I walked out of Larry Reid's Bloomington Chrysler with a brand new 2007 base Crossfire coupe in black for 17,334.00. The MSRP was 30,745.00. I've been driving this car around for about 2 weeks now, and I like it more every day. It reminds me of my 1974 Triumph Spitfire, only with alot more power. There's not much room in the interior, and no cupholder. The radio has a bothersome lag, but all that is forgiven when you hit the curves - or hit the GO pedal! By the way, my first tank of fuel brought 23.4 miles per gallon. I'm not complaining.

That is an amazing deal.

You said it was a base - does that mean manual?

Either way, that's less than a Honda Civic.
    Yes, my new 2007 Crossfire is a manual transmission model. The color is black. I noticed that some of the Crossfires I see have a brushed aluminum border around the windsheild. Is that for a Limited? Is it for certain years. The reason I'm asking, is that my border is black, but it looks like it's not metal. Can I wax that part? It kind of retains fingerprints - almost looks anodized. Would it hurt to wax it? Thanks for all your help with a Crossfire "newbie"!
  • jbjtkbw00jbjtkbw00 Member Posts: 66
    Yes, you are correct. Except for the 2004 model year, the aluminum border is for the Limited models. The engines are the same, you just get some other appointments like faux chrome around areas of the interior like the door handles, speakers, etc. I believe the leather seats are standard in the limited as well. It's just cosmetic really. Will not affect performance or your looks on the exterior (other than the aluminum around the window and the fake vents next to the front tire wells), those being the most important of aspects anyway ;)
    Wow, that's the bargain of a lifetime!! Keep the revs UP & don't let off the gas between shifts = smoothest shifting. The alignment is warranted for only 12 months/12K miles.....any sign of uneven treadwear....take it back before then.

Congratulations!!!
    I followed winstonscifi's lead and called a local dealer that had about 18 Crossfires still in stock.

They faxed me an offer to sell a manual coupe (only two left with stick shifts) for $16,080 plus TTL, or an automatic coupe w/out nav for $17,400 plus TTL.

The salesman was very honest and told me that they were planning on sending any cars that didn't sell to auction by the end of the month, and that he honestly didn't know what they would fetch at auction.

I am torn because the two seat only config with limited trunk space could be very inconvenient at times, though the price is appealing.

For the manual, I'd be OTD for $17,224 for a new '08 with 12 miles on it.
    Wow, are Bases or Limiteds?
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Is this in Grapevine, Texas?
    Grapevine, yes.

I passed on the car. Even after the dealer offered to throw in some extras. My s/o and I have been looking for a car for a year or so, but two seats just don't work, and I think the economy is going to get much worse and deals will be better on even now hot selling cars.

Cheers,

Don
    These cars are all 2008 Limited Coupes.
  • DodgebobDodgebob Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a convertable. Found a new 08 with an MSRP of $42,810 that includes automatic, 2 tone interior, navigation and upgraded tires that I can buy for $26,300. I found out that if you are over 50 and a member of AARP you qualify for employee pricing. Is this a good deal?
    That's $16.5K off sticker......best I've ever heard someone claim was $18,750 off ...but those were 6 speed Limited '08 Coupes I think......& were headed to auction soon. Considering that many people paid at or over sticker when they first came out......sounds like a great deal to me........a year ago I paid $23K for a new 6 speed coupe '07 ...sticker was $36K. Good luck & get it aligned within 12M/12Kmiles if tires aren't wearing evenly. I love mine!
    I just bought a NEW 2008 Limited Coupe, Aero Blue, Auto, Nav, A/S tires with 16 (sixteen) miles on it. The window sticker MSRP is $38,165. I paid a flat $17,000 and I think now that the dealer would have taken much less. That is $21,165 OFF MSRP !
    You hold the record!!

What dealership, state, city? Did you get the lifetime powertrain warranty?

On another forum I've heard some recently say some cars with such mileage were owned by Chrysler & as such they weren't getting the lifetime powertrain warranty...as the individual was not the "first owner"....
  • 69xfire69xfire Member Posts: 8
    Why would'nt you get the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty? Only 16 miles on the odometer. You are the 2nd owner already ? I hope you at least get the 3/36
    Chrysler was the first owner (on their warranty records), I am the second owner. New car, still has the MSO, no title yet. Chrysler cut the cost by killing the Lifetime Warranty. For this price, I don't care.
    I bought mine (2008 Coupe Ltd, Aero Blue, No Nav, ASP, Auto, 2 tone leather) in late November for $18500 before TTL. $18670 off msrp. Comes with the Lifetime Warranty. Your $17K out the door (even without Lifetimew Warranty) deal would have attracted my attention as well if I had known.
  • silverstone7silverstone7 Member Posts: 8
    Just bought an 05 limited with 24K miles on it for 15K even.. This thing is loaded with about every feature I think they made in 05.. Even has the nav system.. My question is do you think that was a good price for it.. It looks and drives immaculate..
    These are incredible cars......$15K ....you'll never regret it!!!! There were about 76,000 ever made (worldwide).....the first 50,000 or so paid sticker (or above).....relish your good fortune!!!! I've had my '07 6speed up to a GPS confirmed 131 mph & never hit 6th gear even......
    I haven't had much time driving this thing due to the worst ever Chicago december snow, and am still breaking in the engine so i have not Rock n' Rolled with this beauty yet.... But I have a feeling I will absolutely love this car !! )
    Do you guys think the Zeibart rustproofing is worth it for this new baby ? I figured I already got the car at a very good price so why not spend another $300 more and $50 annually for protection since I plan on keeping the car for a looong time.
    In 1978 my wife & I bought a brand new Corvette & a brand new Datsun B210 GX 5 speed......we had the Datsun Zeibarted & Minged......4-5 years later the Datsun was TRULY-TRULY a piece of Swiss Cheese......I was afraid my feet would fall thru the floor!!!!
    zq8.............I'm getting the Bright Silver one tomorrow (Saturday) ....THANKS for the tip.....looks like the moderator deleted the info you gave on the dealership.....glad I read it before it was deleted.....Duane is fixing the front plate holes today & we're driving from KC (471 miles) tomorrow to pick it up $17,000 out the door....I owe ya man! 16 miles on odometer, Automatic & Nav.

The VIN is 8X076028....THAT MEANS IT WAS ONE OF THE LAST 20 EVER BUILT.

Wife happy.....it'll be hers......Mine's an'07 6 speed with the lifetime powertrain ....when I gave $23K for it a year ago I felt like I stole it from Chrysler.....but at $17K this almost unbelievable!!!!
    Good deal ) Will you get the 3/36 basic warranty with this ?
    Yes, just the 3/36....which started for this car in Dec 08. No Lifetime Powertrain....but for $17K....what the hell!!

When I paid $23K for my 6 speed (with Lifetime Powertrain) in Dec '07.....I felt like I was stealing it from Chrysler......this deal (since the sticker on this one is >2K more than mine) is an $8K better deal (auto & nav).

I approached locals to match as there are still about 20 7s & 8s left in KC area....their reply = " Drive carefully to Illinois. "
    This is the best car for the money I have EVER bought ! There were only 19 built after yours. Mine (75112) was built on 10/16/07. Tell Duane he can just mail me a big fat commission check ! I'm sure he will. Have a safe round trip. I had just decided to get the Silver one also, but too late now. Glad you got it !
    They got to me, instead of $17,000 I had to write a check for $17,010.....damn it!

zq8.....is that you on the other forum? Yeah, it was built on 12/11/07.....factory stopped on 12/17/07...as I understand it. Kinda impressed with her automatic....but still prefer my 07 stick.....she named hers Wilma & mine Fred.
    Yes it was me. VQ35DE and ZQ8 are the same person (me).
  • jsj1950jsj1950 Member Posts: 1
    Wow What a price. I will never understand why all are dumping these cars on the market for next to nothing.
    From the Chrysler point of view I guess that next to nothing is better than nothing.
    Well, we left Saturday morning...drove close to 500 miles to Illinois...got there about 2pm (snowing....miserable....the car was outside....I looked it over as best I could in the snow....(had been assured by the internet salesman in writing in an e-mail that there wasn't a single nick-dent or scratch).......wrote the check for $17,010....never let it out of our sight on the way home....put in the garage by midnight....got up the next morning & took it to the car wash (before the wife awoke) &....found a dent down below the passenger side strakes (R front fender low)....not visible in the snow on the lot. Dealership refuses to fix......check cancelled....truck being sent to take it back.

2 estimates were around $1,200-1300 to fix.....still a good deal....but it's an kind of a Klingon honor thing.
    Good luck Captain Kirk.
    Just offered to send a check for $16K.....no response yet.
    WILMA STAYS.....they agree to check for $16.4K ...I fix.
    500 miles !... that car's engine is broken in already )
  • silverstone7silverstone7 Member Posts: 8
    Well got to do a lot of learning with this car.. Can't believe how perfect this one is.. Did find one minor flaw the day/nite switch on the mirror was broken.. Call the dealer in the morning and order another one.. The 7-70K powertrain warranty is transferrable so will do that also.. Got to say this is a funnnnn car.. Also mine came with some sort of really funky electric tire pump with a sealant canister.. All in all the best 15k I ever spent..
  • getinmycargetinmycar Member Posts: 16
    Are the prices posted on here for used or new crossfires?
    Mine was a new 2008 with 17 miles on it. $17,000 OTD.
    So my final deal was 2008 auto nav $16,400 + found a great (I know these people) body shop to fix small fender dent for $866 = $17,266 .......wife drove it to work for 1st time today.....I detected "permagrin" on her face as she left!!

Again.....BRAD (zq8)....THANKS!!!!!!!
    Great. How was the Xfire automatic perform in the thick snow ( I know how bad it was in Illinois that day when you picked it up) ? Did yours have the All Season tires ?
    We wisely drove up there in our Chevy HHR....not my 6 spd Crossfire.....because....that freaking Garmin sent us a route that would save us 20-30 miles as opposed to the more rational Yahoo map route.....BIG MISTAKE! It took us across mostly undivided snowy 2 lane highways, roads that were really closed & gravel & snow drifts, etc.....an absolute nightmare going up from KC. We actually thought at one point we would die & never be found!!

Coming back (Yahoo maps I-80 & I-35) was basically a dry snowless piece of cake....so cannot yet comment on the automatic XFire in snow.

It has N filled Conti all seasons.

Although it's her XFire, she had me drive it back & she drove the HHR back, cause she was concerned about knowing where all the controls (wipers-washer, etc.) whereas I have been driving one for over a year. The biggest problem I had was driving < 80 so I didn't lose her in the HHR. I'm not knocking the HHR....we've had nothing but good experience with it & are keeping it as a backup & to haul stuff in...only has 38,000 miles & XM, remote start, auto-dimming mirror, real nice. I had it up to 115 before & reset the driver info center to determine what kind of MPG it got at those speeds.....I guess everything sucks gas at 115?
    Your welcome. Was Duane a nice guy in person ? He was to me over the phone.You should see these pictures of Wilma and my Blue car side by side. It looks so cool ! Send me a email and I will forward them to you.

BRAD
    Yes....he's a good fellow. It's the first time I've ever walked into a dealership & been offered a beer. I sent a message (your initials)@charter.net .....is that the correct address?
This discussion has been closed.