Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• carowner3carowner3 Member Posts: 3
    Not sure what you are looking at....KBB for a stripped down vehicle (WITHOUT Nav, ML, DVD, spoiler, etc.) and 12,000 miles says $36,000 for Tradein and $39,500 retail. These would be higher with Nav, ML stereo, etc. "Tradein" values are generally "wholesale" anyway and would be lower on any car. What's the point of your post?
  • payanapayana Member Posts: 2
    39500 retail? New 2006s are going for that new and not used so your post doesn't make sense. Edmunds projects first year lost on the GS @ around 11K. Looks like it is a bit higer on KKB @13K. What this means is that the car is overpriced as can be seen by the price. I am interested in picking up a good cheap 2006 with low miles. Anyone, near Los Angeles, please let me know. Thanks.
  • chungjychungjy Member Posts: 3
    Well, the point is.. I almost bought a new 2006 GS from a dealer at an invoice price because I thought it was a great deal. But if I decide to sell it within 6 months (hypothetically), I'll be losing a lot of money (according to KBB). I was hoping people can post not only the new car prices, but what they paid for used, so it can help me make a decision. I guess it's a selfish post, but I hate overpaying for stuff especially to a dealership.
  • chungjychungjy Member Posts: 3
    Actually, you are correct about the KBB price. That is so weird. Last week it was $30,000. I must've mistyped something.
  • wongstewongste Member Posts: 6
    I'm in new jersey too. Can you tell me which dealer?
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I've already seen prices for the just released 07 GS350 as low as $800 over invoice. I would never consider purchasing the GS300 unless it was Thousands under invoice at this point.
  • foxiemoxiefoxiemoxie Member Posts: 4
    Where do you find prices for thousands under invoice??
  • hellgethhellgeth Member Posts: 6
    I am looking right now for a new GS 300 and the best price I can find so far is about 1000.00 over invoice. Of course the finance guy tells me I am basically getting the car for a great price as the dealer is making no money. But with the new 07 GS 350 out even invoice is to much, the GS 300 has already depreciated over $10,000 to $13,000. Not a good deal! At least the financing buy rate was good for a 48 month lease, .00067. I don't think I'll do the deal unless the dealer comes down a few thousand, but will they??? This forum is great, very helpful!
  • steveking1steveking1 Member Posts: 7
    I bought a new GS 300 RWD without Nav. and I got it for 40,000. This, at the time (two weeks ago) was one of the best deals in florida. I know this as I called every dealer in Florida. I got it at the Lexus of Palm Beach, the Lexus of Sarasota was the only other dealer willing to sell the car at 40,000.
  • hellgethhellgeth Member Posts: 6
    Hey Steveking 1, what did the car sticker for?
    I recently test drove a new?? auto at a dealership(it was displayed in front of the show room window with a new window price sticker)At the end of negotiations, pricing established, I was told the auto had 4700 miles on it (I didn't even check the mileage when I drove it, afterall, I was told it was a new auto, 2006.) The auto was a demo from the dealership. Are they required by law to display a demo sticker on the car?
    the sticker was 46,174.
    the sticker was 46,174.00
  • integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    I have an uncle in NY who's looking for one, but he doesn't want AWD. Says that the NY Dealers tell him all they can get are AWD...

So, how far south would one have to go to find RWD? Or is this going to be another 'Toyota makes it on paper, but doesn't put it into cars?'
  • rj15rj15 Member Posts: 5
    Last week I purchased a 2007 GS 350 AWD in Cerntral Jersey.

MSRP: $51,967 (Nav & ML)
    Paid: $48,500 (not including tax, tags, or title)
    Discount $3467

• felke001felke001 Member Posts: 33
    NC we have all RWD. MD has AWD, don't know about Virginia.
  • integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    Thanks! VA dealer emailed me that they don't have RWD and it would be special order...just as I figured.

NC it is.
  • yeloawyeloaw Member Posts: 1
    Just got a new Lexus GS300 from Lexus Westminster.

MSRP was 46,174

Got it for 39,800 before fees.
    Picked up a 2007 GS 350 AWD with Nav and all-weather mats yesterday in Northern Jersey.

MSRP: $49,281
    Negotiated: $45,500 before tax, tags, title, documentation fee, window etching fee (what a load of crap!)
    Out the door: $49,622.
  • eclassbuyereclassbuyer Member Posts: 6
    $49,281 seems like a very low MSRP for a 2007 GS 350 with Nav. Are you sure??? 2006 stickers were over $50,000.
  • felke001felke001 Member Posts: 33
    Just starting the negotiation process for 350 AWD with Nav and Mark Levinsion--sticker is ~52K.

First 2 dealers have offered 50.5 and 49.5 with minimal negotiation. Talking to a couple more dealers this weekend.
    Yes, that's what it says on my window sticker. Feel free to verify yourself at the Lexus website -> build your own vehicle.

Here's a paste from there - in the ballpark, couple of hundred difference.

Base MSRP* $46,100.00
    • Standard Features

Available Packages $2,626.00
    • Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera with Additional Options

Accessory Options $0.00

Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee† $715.00

Total MSRP** $49,441.00

:mad: I am rather p***ed off at the salesman now. We test drove the fully loaded version but we opted for the package with just Nav because he told us the only difference between what we got and the "next package up" was the Mark Levinson premium sound system. Turns out we're missing a few other options - the most important (to me) of which is the park assist. Really had my heart set on that.
  • sportcarfan76sportcarfan76 Member Posts: 1
    Reading through these messages I realized the 2006 GS 300/430 pricing is now a mute issue because it's been heavily impacted by the new 2007 GS 350.

Why? You buy this luxury car for performance, quality and residual value. Well Lexus, in a complete brain cramp, released the new GS350, with 22% more HP, for the same price as the old GS300. Problem is it beats the GS 300 and actually matches the GS 430 in 0 - 60 MPH time.

So WHY ON EARTH would you buy a 2006 GS 300 when you can get a GS 350 for the same price? Why buy a GS 430 at all unless you just felt like paying $8K more for a heavier car with less horsepower & worse gas mileage. Not to smart a move by Lexus.

Then comes residual value. Items not in strong demand have lower buying prices (simple economics). Now that I've a performance inferior 2006 GS, I've to quickly try to sell it before everyone realizes that Lexus really doesn't understan customer loyalty.

If Lexus had any common sense they would have waited until 2007 to release the new body style, with the DRAMATICALLY better V-6 rather than knowingly stick it to the 2006 buyers who made the mistake of trusting Lexus.

If you bought for performance, quality and residual ... you got one-third of it - quality. Oh, what a feeling!
  • mousiemousie Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal....

2007 GS350 not awd

Nav, 18" wheels, spoiler, sunshade, rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, wheel locks, mats

sticker: 48977 cap cost 45500 residual 19370

47 month lease $743 + tax. 17K miles per year (yes, I need that many miles). Los Angeles area.

Is this good?
  • tizertizer Member Posts: 23
    I am interested in leasing a GS350AWD with Nav. From what I read here it looks like they can be purchased for around $45,500. (Or could I do better).Does anyone know what Money Factor Lexus will use? I would do a $2,500 Cap Cost reduction and want a 36 month lease. How do they calculate the residual? Believe it would be 50-53% of original MSRP for this lease length. Any help appreciated. Lastly, I would have thought there would have been more activity on this board for this vehicle-I have looked at dealer sites in the NY and Northern NJ areas and inventory levels are rising. This should translate to some competetive pricing.
    Thanks again.
    You cannot get the 07 for the same price as the 06...
    I purchased a new 2006 GS430 a couple of weeks ago. In conversation with the finance manager he indicated that Lexus had a apecial on leasing, money factor of triple zero, .000--.
    Don't know if they are still offering it now. It may have applied only to 2006.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    Anyone come across a 300 or 350 without a sunroof? I'm headroom challenged, wish I could get one. I lucked into an ES300 w/o one years ago...
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    How'd your Texas purchase work out? I'm in Dallas, starting to look.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    I don't think you'll ever find a GS w/o a sunroof. You could order one direct from the factory, but you'd have a heck of a time selling or trading it.
  • firstlpsfirstlps Member Posts: 3
    Well I purchased a GS300 awd but should have waited for the
    GS350, It is a nice car although the (GS300) I had some problems with noises in the cabin that they still have not
    fix yet. The deal was $47,250.00 Loaded ML/Nav. AWD in March.
    Buy the GS350 it's a better deal.
  • mousiemousie Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell me if this is a good deal....

2007 GS350 not awd

Nav, 18" wheels, spoiler, sunshade, rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, wheel locks, mats

sticker: 48977 cap cost 45500 residual 19370

47 month lease $743 + tax. 17K miles per year (yes, I need that many miles). Los Angeles area.

Is this good?
  • jfpajfpa Member Posts: 1
    I leased a new 2007 GS 350 yesterday, October 14, 2006, here in Miami, Florida. Purchase price was $2,000 over invoice. BUT, there was a difference between what I saw on Kelly Blue Book (KBB.com) totalling $552.00. The dealer claimed it was for "advertisin." Candidly, I don't know if that is true, as I have not researched it yet, but I went ahead with the deal despite this. Additionally, I would note they would not budge on the doc fees, which were $698 - fluff, if you ask me. Then there was a lease acquisition fee of $600.00. So in the end, I'm not sure how great a deal it was. Even still, I felt the deal was more than what I expected. I suspect I might have gotten it for $1,500 over invoice had I held out, but, my time is money, and the longer I was there, the more money I lost, as the work I do is by the hour. So, it somewhat balanced out for me.

Leasing rate with Lexus was .00265 for 36 months. Residual was 53%

In any event, that's my two cents.

Jonathan
  • brittneybrittney Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new at this car buying thing so I need all the help I can. I was looking at the 2006 GS 300 and absolutely love it. I noticed that the 2007 came out with GS350. I was wondering what can I expect the 2006 to drop for? I called one dealer in New Orleans and was told that they will not being doing any discounts even at the end of the year. I am willing to hold off until January if it gives me a better deal. Also, any advice on car shopping would be great. What kind of questions should I be asking in regards to price? Thank You
  • benzodieselbenzodiesel Member Posts: 10
    A 53% residual on a three year lease? Seems really low. Is that standard for GS?
  • onyx68onyx68 Member Posts: 2
    Last Wed, I put a deposit down on GS350 with ML/Navi, etc. MSRP $51451
    Purchase price $47600+title, tax, tags, etc.
    Dealership in Alexandria VA :)
  • rosie108rosie108 Member Posts: 17
    OK - Here's my deal:

2007 GS350 AWD with Nav,Vent seats & preferred accessory package MSRP of 49,262.
    Invoice = 44,000
    My price = 44999 + the usual
    36 month, 15K lease = 704/month with 8400 down (5800 sec)

I have used all the calcualtors, but I have no idea if this is a good lease deal or not. Please help!
  • craigf14craigf14 Member Posts: 15
    I am looking at a 2007 Lexus GS 350 in the Dallas area. I was wondering if anyone knows what the current residual value and money factor are for a 2007 GS 350, 15k miles per year (36, 42 and 48 months). Thank you.
  • azhenryazhenry Member Posts: 5
    Phoenix area. Just got a GS350 with ML/Nav/XMradio for $46,671 + TTFees. Invoice is $45,671. MSRP is $51,763(last option package on Lexus site in "Build your GS"). So I paid exactly $1000 over invoice. Normally they sell for $2,000-$2,500 over invoice in the Phoenix area but had some additional negotiating ability on this one.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Very good price.
    What color did you get?
    I paid a bit less than $2500 and still waiting for the car to come. There aren't many 07'GS350 fully loaded in the Boston area.
  • azhenryazhenry Member Posts: 5
    Starfire Pearl (White) with Cashmere interior. Loved the Mercury Metallic but didn't like the Black Birdeye maple. Too shiny for me.

Trying to find chrome wheels that are replacements for the 18" standard wheels. Don't want to go through Lexus. Does anyone know who makes the wheels for 2007 Lexus GS350 RWD?
  • shenghshengh Member Posts: 29
    Put a deposit down this afternoon - Negotiated $2750 off MSRP ($48997) for a GS350 with Nav & 18" wheels + other accessories (total of about $4132).

How does this compare - should I be happy? Seems like the dealer here in Houston was really unwilling to give much as there weren't many GS350's in their lot (only saw 2 or 3). The one I wanted was being shipped...
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Be happy with the deal. I had $3670 off MSRP ($52067) since Oct 21st. Mine is being shipped too. I can't wait for
    my car to arrive. It's a hot car in the Boston area.
    Hi chucko, I am sure it's a regional thing. Have not had any luck finding out what people in Houston are paying. I would be willing to fly east/west if I knew I could secure a significantly better deal (i.e. $500 - $1000 over invoice).
  • freedyfreedy Member Posts: 3
    Car-Man or anyone else: What is the current Lexus money factor and residual percentage on this vehicle for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year and Tier 1 + credit rating. THANKS!!
  • tuphamtupham Member Posts: 7
    Today I went to a Lexus dealer in north houston, and the saleman offered the selling price (include taxes+title+lic) for $48,000.
    I negotiated down to $44,000 but they did want to sell it.
    It's GS 350 Base, the only upgraded is the 18" wheel (cost around $1000).

Please advise!
    I mean they did not want to sell it for 44K.
    what was the base invoice price with the equipped option(s) for the vehicle? you should go to a site like kbb.com and research it first... that way you know what the dealer's invoice price is/should be. You can try other dealerships - there are 3 others in Houston.
    The dealer offered me the GS 350 + 18" Wheel for selling price of $45,935 (including taxes+title+lic).

Any advise?
    how much over invoice is that before TTL?