Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TL 2006+

1121314151618»

Comments

• bklynguybklynguy Member Posts: 275
    33K sounds optimistic right now, but who knows in 1-2 months. It helps to live in a competitive market. For example, in the New York Metro area, there are at least 15 Acura dealers (more if you include South Jersey & upstate NY). It only takes one dealer to "break". Maybe we'll get a 33K post by Thanksgiving. :)
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Apparently auto sales have fallen off a cliff since Oct. 1. GS and Ford are down unbelievably from Oct. '04 (50% or more), but even Toyota and Honda are down a lot, too. Might be a good time to get a good price. Don't know how that might affect the TL specifically, however.
  • maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    My 06 Silver TL arrived today,and I will be picking it up Friday. I found it was a good time to deal, only dealer in town and managed to get $2000 off MSRP.
  • gmeythalergmeythaler Member Posts: 7
    The Acura dealership in Spokane has a 2005 in their show room with red exterior and ebony interior. The dealer told me 2 weeks ago that this combo was not available on the 2006. Sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
  • gmeythalergmeythaler Member Posts: 7
    the best you will probably do is between 33800 and 34100. Usually dealers will not go less than 1000 over invoice. Invoice on the 2006 is 225.00 more than the invoice on the 2005 models. That puts you around 32850 if my memory is correct (including 615.00 destination fee). Look up edmunds.com and kbb.com. You will get a number on what others are paying. Also, if you tell your dealer you are shopping other dealers who are willing to give you 1000 over invoice, you will probably get it from your local dealer.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I think the best way to kno what color combos are available is to go to the Acura website and "build your own." Once you choose an exterior color, it'll tell you what interior colors are available.
  • jpennjpenn Member Posts: 68
    Just took a look at the Honda Sports 4 from the Tokyo Auto Show. Does anyone agree with me that this will most likely be the next generation TL for the US market? My understanding is the TL will receive a makeover for the 2007 model year. The Sports 4 seems to fit into those plans. What do you think?
  • delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    I would guess the Sports4 would be the next generation TSX...say a 2008 TSX that will go head to head with the Lexus IS.
  • sriggs1sriggs1 Member Posts: 17
    32,999 inovice for 06 AT w/Nav, 30,999 w/o Nav
  • mgordon1mgordon1 Member Posts: 14
    Hello,
    My dealer tells me that invoice on a 2006TL w/Navi is $32820 which includes the $615 destination charge. This is in at a dealer in Oregon.
    Has anyone seen the new royal blue pearl?
  • greensuspendergreensuspender Member Posts: 8
    Which dealer in Oregon is giving you that price? I would like to contact them. I like that price!
  • mgordon1mgordon1 Member Posts: 14
    greensuspender
    I am buying from Butler Acura of Ashland, Oregon. I don't know if they will extend that price to everyone. I was told the reason they are giving me that price is because they could not find an '05 that they would be able to sell at $500 over invoice. They knew I was looking from No. Calif to Portland Or. and would probably find another car to buy , as I already had quotes from a couple of dealers. I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service. And I'm happy about getting an '06 in a color combo I like at a good price.
    Well I'm not so sure about color combos...
    The red/parch will be in soon...but I still wonder about the royal blue pearl.
    Has anyone seen the blue??? I've been to the Honda dealership but they said they won't have any of the royal blue Hondas until December.
    What should I do :confuse: Honda makes great cars, but so-so colors.IMHO :cry:
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I guess they decided they might as well sell the car that they will have to service.

Huh??? :confuse: I don't think so. There is no car that they must service. Rereading your post, do you meant that's the dealership you're gonna use for service and they figure they may as well sell you the car that you'll take to their shop?

I guess it's feasable that a dealer could drop the costs if he knew he could make it up in service fees, but I doubt it.
  • wymanwyman Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Stickyman. It worked!
    Now I'll know how to program my next purchase, an 06 TL nav. :)
  • tlgaltlgal Member Posts: 22
    I'm still doing research on my TL purchase for next month...

I plan on buying the Acura extended warranty. I've noticed some of the Acura dealerships sell the warranty online. Some of these online (Acura) dealers policies go up to 8 yrs, others go up 7 years. Does anyone know if all Acura dealerships have access to the 8 yr plan? :confuse:
    I've never bought an extended warranty before, but then again I've never bought a car with this much electronic sophistication. I've read that it's best to buy the manufacturer's warranty, rather than an independent agency, as you never know if the independent agency will be around in a few years. That's why I've decided to go with Acura's plan.
    Any input or experiences to share would be appreciated.
  • sushi96720sushi96720 Member Posts: 12
    Have you tried Acura Of Portland or Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland? It seems like they have the biggest volume sales.
    You are probably better off investing your money than buying an extended warranty.

Of course it is debatable...but the standard warranty is 4 yr warranty overall warranty...and I believe the drivetrain is 7 years. So if you purchase 8 years extended...you are picking up an additional 4 years coverage.

Without certainity....most bugs would occur within the first few years. Also throw in the factor that you will may be selling your car within the extended warranty period.
  • bplayerbplayer Member Posts: 56
    I gave this a lot of thought and research and decided to purchase an extended warranty on my new 06 TL from 1Source. I plan to keep the car for 7 years or more, so was looking for protection for when the normal Acura warranty run out. It can be transferred or cancelled (residual value may be quite small though).

Looking back over the last 7 years withh my almost trouble free 99 TL, I spent more than the cost of the extended warranty. These included:
    - damaged rim and tire
    - dings and dents (covered under paintless dent removal)
    - mechanical and sensor failures

The new TL should be more reliable, but it is also more complex leading to possibly greater risk of something failing. I consider the extended warranty to be insurance as one major failure like engine, transmission, or navigation could easily exceed the cost of the warranty.
    I don't believe the Acura extended warranty covered dings, dents...or damaged rims and tires. How much was the cost from 1Source?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,723
    I wouldn't buy extended warranty. Invest the $ you would have paid. If you need an out of warranty rerpair, you still have your inivested money. If you don't need any repairs, you still have your money!

But, if you can't sleep at night without the warranty, buy it. But I'd self-insure.

Is 1Source reputable? Will they be around in 5 years?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• boikoboiko Member Posts: 82
    For what it's worth...for many people it might be cost effective to join BJ's to get the discount on the 06 TL's - Invoice + $500. This has been the deal on 05's and I'm sure will be on the 06 model once all the 05's have been sold..

While you might be able to get this deal on your own...this would make it alot easier. Just a thought..
    My past experience is that I have been able to get a better deal myself than with purchasing aggregates like BJ Wholesale, Costco, etc. All the work I did was fill out a emails and done. Of course....cost aggregators may make it easier in some cases.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Yup, I agree. I bought on extended warranty only once --- on an '01 CL-S. But never would do so again. For one thing, I very rarely keep a car longer than 4 years. And secondly, I learned that on a trade-in, an extended warranty nets you no additional credit. :cry: They would say "Yeah, it's nice to have one, but most used car buyers won't pay any more $$ for it" Hmm.... kinda opposite to what they said when they sold it to me! :mad:
    You are correct that the Acura extended warranty does not cover dings & dents (paintless dent removal) and windshield replacement, but 1Source does. Acura does cover damaged tires but not rims. These were some of the deciding factors.

Will 1Source be around in 5 or 7 years? It is a risk, but that is life. Will the car be free from a major defect for 5 to 7 years. I hope so.

Cost of the Titanium package with $0 deductable (including emission systems) for 84,000 miles was U$1095. Emission system coverage ($195 value) was thrown in as the quote was requested through the CarBuyingTips site.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,723
    But what is not a risk is if you keep your $1095 invested conservatively (FDIC insured CD, Treasuries etc.) for the duration of the origianal warranty. In four years you will have ~$1280+ to use as needed/desired. But again, if it helps you sleep at night, nothing wrong with that.

Just be sure to really closely read the contract, what is/is not covered and any exceptions. Good luck.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• sumintsumint Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen & used the new Back-Up Sensors on the 2006 TL?

The Acura Website gives this description:
    * Back-Up Sensors help alert the driver to obstacles behind the vehicles when backing up
    * Four color-matched sensors are installed on the rear of the vehicle, and the system beeps with increased frequency as the vehicle nears an object

But I was wondering if it is like other Mfgs where if you have the navigtaion it also gives you graphic (not actual video) of how close each quadrant of the rear end is getting to an object. Plus in other Mfgs the audible beep from the four rear bumper quadrants will also come from the respective location inside the autos speaker layout. Anyone have any knowledge of this system?
  • j47j47 Member Posts: 4
    did not know that the naviagtor would show quadrants of rear end within close range of parked vehicle. Is this definitely the case?
  • j47j47 Member Posts: 4
    I looked in the Edmunds website and read the reviews. The majority of them complained of very distrubing rattles under the hood. No one seemed to address this issue on t his forum. Has anyone else experienced this? I am ready to go in and buy an 06TL.
  • tlgaltlgal Member Posts: 22
    Where did you get your numbers? I've searched high and low and haven't seen anything published... :confuse: ">
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    We've moved this discussion to its permanent home on the Sedans board, where Pat will be your new host. Thanks for the great conversation!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nosmonosmo Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my 2006 TL Anthracite / Quartz non Nav on Saturday. I used a broker in Northern CA, paid $1000 over invoice. $32,800, included wheel locks, rear mud flaps, and a trunk liner. The whole process took about an hour. It was a beautiful experience!

Love the TL, just can wait to break it in. ;) I have been told to wait until 1000 miles before I can open it up.

Is that correct?
  • nb06nb06 Member Posts: 4
    1. - Back-Up Sensors on the 2006 TL? - Is this option standard on the base TL or just on the Nav package.

2. Does anyone know if the new 2006 colour "Carbon Bronze Pearl" exterior comes with a Parchment leather interior or just the black.

Thanks...nb
    Check the acura.com site. Answers to all your question and more can be found there.

Backup sensors are an option for any model. It is not standard.
  • troytntroytn Member Posts: 8
    I stopped in my dealer today and thanked him for everything and told him I would see hin in 3 years for another TL when my lease was up and he told me that he was recently told that the TL will go under a complete body change and upgrade in 2009 and will be released in the fall of 2008. So the 2007 and 2008 model changes will be minor from the current 2006 model. That means atleast 3 more years of this current successful design. That would mean the current TL design would last for 5 years. Seems a little long. So I'm sure he was incorrectly informed.

Troy
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    5-year life cycles are par for the course for Honda now.
  • tlhopetlhope Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone purchased a 2006 TL with the upgraded 18 inch wheels? Two 18 inch wheels are offered: 18" Sparkle Silver High Performance Alloy Wheel and the18" High Performance Chrome-Look Alloy Wheel. I want the darker rim ..... some people may refer to the finish as "gun metal". From the pictures on the website, it looks as though the darker rims are the Chrome-Look Alloy Wheels. But, the salesman seems to think the Chrome-Look Alloy Wheels actually have a brighter finish ... like a chrome bumper. We saw the darker finish wheels on an A-SPEC that was in the deal showroom months ago, but of course, it is no longer there. Any help on the differences between the two rims would be greatly appreciated.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Can't help you on the looks - but a word of caution on the functionality

I had my 2004 TL 6-speed in for an oil change last week and the service manager noticed I had new tires - Avon's in 245/45/17's. My orignial "HPT" Bridgestone Potenza's still had some tread on them, but were well worn at 19,000 miles. We got talking about wheels and tires for the TL.

My service manager strongly recommends against getting 18" wheels on a TL automatic, unless it has the A-spec suspension upgrade. The 35/40 series tires that go with 18" wheels are highly prone to wear unevenly with the softer suspension of the automatic. He has seen front tires that needed to be replaced in as little as 7,500 miles. In addition, the car is much more prone to get out of alignment. The 6-speed and A-spec cars fare better, due to the stiffer suspension, but even they have had some customer complaints regarding uneven tire wear, short tire life, tire noise, harsh ride and even blowouts.

In my service managers opinion, the standard TL automatic suspension is just barely adequate to handle 17" wheels and 45 series tires, but not 18" wheels and 35/40 series tires. And, unlike RWD cars, the FWD TL puts all of the stress - acceleration, turning, torque steer on the front wheels. He jokes - but with a serious tone - that the tire manufacturers could give away 18" rims and make the money back through tire replacements.

P.S. My service manager did approve of my decision to go with the wider 245's vs. OEM 235's. Too late to have avoided a couple of curb scuffs on the passenger side wheels, but the 245's are a better fit.
  • johnnycarolinajohnnycarolina Member Posts: 2
    My question is, can I buy a 2006 TL now and get it retrofitted with the kit in December? Acura's Corporate Customer Service said "no" but I can't see why not. My wife is looking at a CR-V and I have the same question for Honda's upcoming iPod Music Link. Bottom line: If anybody sees more information than the press release - which to date, is as much as the dealers have - let us know! My wife and I are ready for our new cars...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    OK, we (meaning *I*) goofed and moved this discussion from the Future Vehicles board. It turns out that the 2006 TL is not a major redesign, and thus we can't support a separate discussion for this model year.

Unfortunately, having done so has caused some confusion, and thus we're going to go ahead and close this discussion and ask owners & enthusiasts to continue in our active Acura TL discussion.

Pricing and purchasing questions can be answered in our Acura TL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion, and you can ask about leasing in our Acura TL: Lease Questions discussion.

Thanks, everyone!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.