Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have not heard anything from you yet. let me know ASAP.
  • Looking at subleasing a 2006 CLK 350, fully loaded 3000 mile on the car. It was originally a 36 month lease, I would take over for 29 months. The lease was for 15k per year. They are looking for 3500 down and 483 per month. Is that a good deal?
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 142
    That works out to $604 a month for a lease where you can drive 1448 miles per month, or 17,379 per year. Probably a pretty decent deal, given what it would take to get that from a MB dealer on a new one.
  • I am looking to lease a 2007 CLK 350 convertible. Does anyone know if there are special lease rates on this car? Also, has anyone recently negotiated a 3 year/ 15k mileage lease recently that could post their deal?
  • I just leased clk 350 conv. 2006, 5k down and 675/month. The only thing missing is nav. I got it at downtown LA motors. see Raj, tell him kaz sent you...good luck...2006 and 2007 are identical. so if your leasing , it should make no difference.
  • Hi all! I just leased December 26, 2006 to be exact :) . A 2007 CLK 350, Black on Black with Premium I Package which includes harmon/kardon sound system, 6-disc CD changer, sunroof, autodimming driver & rearview mirror, and garage door opener and I made sure to get the DVD/Navigational system. This car is a dream come true. I have a 27 month lease program and pay $750.00 monthly :confuse: . I know this sounds like a lot but when you hear the story it's actually a deal. In 2004 I financed a 2003 Toyota Camry LE
    with 3,000 miles for $24,000 with a car note of $470.75. (I will never finance again if I can help it.) I had no choice because my credit was great but not great enough to lease without a cosigner. Anyway, I went to numerous dealers (Infinity and Mercedes) between 2005 and 2006 to see if I could trade in my car all they wanted to give me was between $5,000 and $7,000 down, with nearly $7,000 to $10,000 out of pocket :surprise: !!! No WAY!! No matter which way you look at it I would have been in an upside down lease but, it seems like those previous dealers wanted to put me udside down on my head and empty my pockets LITERALY :( . Nonetheless, I went back to the Mercedes dealer December 21, 2006 with my same 2003 Toyota Camry LE with 32,000 miles and a loan balance of $14,500, it's been in 1 accident and 1 fender bender :sick: Both were to the front. The Kelly Blue Book resale value was $11,100 (being in excellent condition). Mercedes gave me $9,500 for it so in all actuality I had a balance of $5,000. Which they put into my current lease. All in all I came out of pocket $5,000 dollars and a car note of $750 vs. coming out of pocket $7,000 to $10,000 with a car note of $800. This was and still is a wonderful experience. They were very fair with me (keep in mind I am a woman, a minority at that) I have no regrets they were honest with me, and did not try to be sneaky or try to rip me off like some car sales men. They were happy for the business, and I was happy for such a great deal, wonderful experience, their honesy, and I'm driving my dream car. It's about what works for you at the end of the day. ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.*** Alot of people do not know this and the dealer will never tell you this. Bacically, weather the car is $40,000, $50,000, or $60,000 it's a lease, you're not keeping the car so why would you negotiate on the selling price?! No, you negotiate on your monthly payments. Doing research on leases taught me this and when I went to inquire about the car and they tried to tell me the car is this price, but they selling it for a certain price I made sure to tell them that "I'm not here to negotiate with the selling price, I'm here to negotiate on the car note of the car, with a trade in." They were beyond shock, and from then on they did not try to BS me in no way. They were as honest as honest can be. Lastly, you are entitled to see a break down of where all monies will be applied, but you have to request it! Good luck and God Bless. Any questions feel free to email me especially women because for some strange reason some car dealers think we have stupid stamped across our heads thats why we need to stick together. crysewen@aol.com
  • Hi all! I just leased December 26, 2006 to be exact . A 2007 CLK 350, Black on Black with Premium I Package which includes harmon/kardon sound system, 6-disc CD changer, sunroof, autodimming driver & rearview mirror, and garage door opener and I made sure to get the DVD/Navigational system. This car is a dream come true. I have a 27 month lease program and pay $750.00 monthly . I know this sounds like a lot but when you hear the story it's actually a deal. In 2004 I financed a 2003 Toyota Camry LE
    with 3,000 miles for $24,000 with a car note of $470.75. (I will never finance again if I can help it.) I had no choice because my credit was great but not great enough to lease without a cosigner. Anyway, I went to numerous dealers (Infinity and Mercedes) between 2005 and 2006 to see if I could trade in my car all they wanted to give me was between $5,000 and $7,000 down, with nearly $7,000 to $10,000 out of pocket !!! No WAY!! No matter which way you look at it I would have been in an upside down lease but, it seems like those previous dealers wanted to put me udside down on my head and empty my pockets LITERALY . Nonetheless, I went back to the Mercedes dealer December 21, 2006 with my same 2003 Toyota Camry LE with 32,000 miles and a loan balance of $14,500, it's been in 1 accident and 1 fender bender Both were to the front. The Kelly Blue Book resale value was $11,100 (being in excellent condition). Mercedes gave me $9,500 for it so in all actuality I had a balance of $5,000. Which they put into my current lease. All in all I came out of pocket $5,000 dollars and a car note of $750 vs. coming out of pocket $7,000 to $10,000 with a car note of $800. This was and still is a wonderful experience. They were very fair with me (keep in mind I am a woman, a minority at that) I have no regrets they were honest with me, and did not try to be sneaky or try to rip me off like some car sales men. They were happy for the business, and I was happy for such a great deal, wonderful experience, their honesy, and I'm driving my dream car. It's about what works for you at the end of the day. ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.*** Alot of people do not know this and the dealer will never tell you this. Bacically, weather the car is $40,000, $50,000, or $60,000 it's a lease, you're not keeping the car so why would you negotiate on the selling price?! No, you negotiate on your monthly payments. Doing research on leases taught me this and when I went to inquire about the car and they tried to tell me the car is this price, but they selling it for a certain price I made sure to tell them that "I'm not here to negotiate with the selling price, I'm here to negotiate on the car note of the car, with a trade in." They were beyond shock, and from then on they did not try to BS me in no way. They were as honest as honest can be. Lastly, you are entitled to see a break down of where all monies will be applied, but you have to request it! Good luck and God Bless. Any questions feel free to email me especially women because for some strange reason some car dealers think we have stupid stamped across our heads thats why we need to stick together. crysewenaol.com
  • hi all.

i have a cadet blue 2004 CLK320 with 6900 miles. super clean weekend car. I can post pictures once I get it figured out, but I am in Northern California 20 miles south of San Francisco and this would be a wonderful Steal. if no takers, that is a shame since this is truly a clean car for $35,000. it is brand new-like. Otherwise I WILL TRADE-IN.
    Navigation, 6 disc cd changer moon roof, true luxury.
  • omerfaromerfar Baltimore, MDPosts: 7
    "
    ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.***".

NO, You always negotiate the price of the car even if you are leasing. The lower the price of the car equal lower monthly payments. Monthly payments can easily be adjusted to meet the customer always.
  • No dear I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. Why would you negotiate on the price of a care that you are not going to keep. Further more a carsales man who has been in the business for 32 years told me this. Now don't get me wrong if negotiating with car prices work for you thats fine but for now I'm going to do what worked and what works for me and that would be negotiation the lease price. :) Have a Blessed, Prosperous, and Productive day. :shades:
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Omerfar:

No point banging your head against a wall by arguing this issue...You'll never get your point across, but I'm going to try anyway...

Suffice to say that car dealers love "Payment Buyers". They really love "upside down" payment buyers because it gives them even more leverage and room to fudge the numbers. Say the words "Payment buyer" to a car dealer and he will salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs.

The bottom line is that for virtually ANY payment amount, the dealer can provide you with a term, interest rate, and down payment to make your dream come true. He can sell you virtually any car as long as you're willing to make payments forever (and have reasonably good credit). Of course, we never keep our cars forever and that's how we end up upside down in the first place...

You are buying a car, not a payment. Set the price of the car, negotiate the interest rate and terms, and then decide whether or not you can afford the payments. Let your finance calculator tell you the payments, not the salesman. You need to get the TOTAL deal right: price, trade value, down payment, interest rate and terms-- but it all starts with purchase price.
  • I would never bang my head against the wall with this issue, matter of fact topic, because it's not an issue. Like I said before I have my views and you have yours. Point blank I have a lease the payments are very reasonable even though I was upside down with my trade in. So, Omerfar it so not that serious to some across deffensive. At the end of the day I'm happy and I'm sure you are or shall I say I hope you are and the rest is history. Enjoy your day and have a blessed one. :shades:
    Ma'am:

The important thing is that you got your dream car and you are happy with your deal. It's truly a fine automobile. May you drive it in good health.

For others looking to lease a CLK, you'll find that the MB website advertises the CLK at $449/month for 27 months with $3,994 due at signing. Be sure to read the fine print on the miles however...
  • Hi, Thanks for all your posts and the info regarding the current lease on the CLK. I saw the car today and was told about this lease. I'm not sure this is that great a deal. Do you think there is room for further negotiation on it?
  • Hi Vinnyny. You can get it for way cheaper than that. I think the lease on the CLK 350 start at $499 mnthly with the premium I package. MB has a special going on right now on the C class, CLK class, ML class, etc. Just go to MBusa.com. You may not see my situation as a deal but in all actuallity it is. Keep in mind that I am upside down in my payment by $5,000.00. Trust me I did my homework as well as reasearch for this car and MB gave me the best deal. This car is so HOT!!! :shades: Too bad I can't really enjoy the horsepower because I'm in brooklyn NY and there are stop lights at every corner and police on every other block. But, I'm still enjoying it. And I know you will too. ;)
    I'm not sure how much better you could do because I'm not sure I understand how MB gets the numbers for the lease. Specifically, I can't figure out the real cap cost and the dealer contribution. Here's what their ad says: "MSRP of $49,505 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $45,931.98." It goes on to say that there is a $2750 cap cost reduction. Is that in addition to the dealer contribution (i.e. subtract 2750 from $45931.98 to get the actual cap cost) or is that $2750 already included to get you down to the $45931.98?

The invoice is only $46904. So, if the $2750 is not included in the $45932, that would tell us that the dealer is selling the car for less than invoice. One must assume that the dealer is getting some factory cash to make that happen. If that's the case, I wouldn't count on too much more of a discount--but I sure as heck would try to get more anyway.

If the $45932 includes your cap cost reduction of $2750, then the dealer is taking off a mere $853 for a $50k car. That's what? 1.6%? You've got to be able to beat that!

Maybe one of the lease smart hosts can help us out with this one...
  • Car Man or any others with recent relevant information:

I'm evaluating leases on the CLK 350 & 550 Cabriolet. MSRP for the cars I've spec'd out are 61,635K and $70,035, respectively. At MSRP, the dealer makes 7% and 6% over invoice, I think. I'd appreciate information on the following:

1. What is a fair price reduction (off MSRP) for these vehicles? More generally, how much is a "fair" amount for the dealer to make on the sale of either of these vehicles?

2. For a 10K and 12K mileage lease for each vehicle, for 24 and 36 month lease, what are the current residuals? The dealer I visited is quoting 71% and 61% for a 10K lease.

3. For a 10K and 12K mileage lease for each vehicle, for 24 and 36 month lease, what are the current money factors? The dealer is using a .004 factor for a 10K lease.

I very much appreciate your feedback on these questions.
  • Car_man: In responding to the message below, you can assume that I'll be going with the CLK 550. Although it has a $1K gas guzzler tax and costs approximately $8500 more, I think that going the lease route minimizes the pain. Thanks for your help.
  • mbrillmbrill Posts: 3
    Thanks but I decided to go with a 2006 fully loaded BMW 330 convertible as it was much less expensive ($0 down and $550/mo.)
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    Might be to late....Just leased a 2007 350 CLK Cab..for $739 a month including tax w/ $1836 out of pocket (includes 1st month) on a 27 month lease w/ 10k miles p/y. List price was about $58k and included premium 1 pkg, heated seats, and wood wheel. Car is Blk on Blk....I think I got a pretty good deal....

Thoughts?