Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• poonamspoonams Member Posts: 3
    Dear Carman, I want this in Mars red. There is one available that the dealer can get for me. He has quoted MSRP - 51,000, Customer price - 48,615 , lease end value 28,000/- monthly 572/-. I am not sure how loaded the car is but there is only one available nationwide that fits the color criterion. This price included 3500/- discount that MB is giving for leasing. You think this is a good deal ?? Very little experience with leasing, please help!!
  • poonamspoonams Member Posts: 3
    What is the mileage difference, I am not the one for speed, and cannot because the car is for in city drive only. Is the difference significant enough for me to choose one vs other(considering high gas prices and oil crisis, I feel guilty of buying a gas guzzler 500).
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    I have an 06 CLK 350. I usually drive in the suburbs, I get around 20mpg. When I hit the highway I've been up to 27mpg. I'd be more worried about the roads in the city then gas mileage. The CLK rims bruise easy.
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Member Posts: 17
    As of July 15th 2007, Mercedes Benz is submitting new rates, due to the unpopularity of their July rates.
  • adam26adam26 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know the new rates for a CLK Cabriolet? I'm looking for 33 or 36 months and 10 or 12K miles. Thanks!!!
  • peto23peto23 Member Posts: 2
    brand new clk 350, up for lease exchange outstanding condition, the perfect car for a mercedes lover for more info call 818-742-7527 petros
  • peto23peto23 Member Posts: 2
    hey I have one that might interest you. I got the best deal you can get out there. The lease you'll probably find out there will be no more than 550. I got it for 493 a month for 39 months. its an 2007 clk350 outstanding condition. if interested call 818-742-7527
  • slal99slal99 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2006 CLK500 from a Mercedes dealer with full warranty for $48.5K. What do you think of the pricing?
  • blessedcrysblessedcrys Member Posts: 13
    Give a little more detail. What are the features? Miles? Condition? How many owners? How long is the lease/finance? Extra incentives? Dealer or Carlot? What state? But so far for a CLK500 it seems GREAT! ;)
  • slal99slal99 Member Posts: 2
    The car is brand new from a dealer. They had a "leftover" 2006 CLK 500 Cabriolet with P1 and heated seats with 200 miles and full warranty. It was an outright purchase for $48.5K.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Awesome deal!
  • adam26adam26 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know the invoice for a 2008 CLK Cabriolet base model? Also, does anyone know if $3,000 incentives can be used for 2008 model? Thanks!!!
  • drel12drel12 Member Posts: 1
    All of these deals would be 4y/10k lease with a blindly appraised $8000-9000 trade-in.

I'm currently looking at an 07 silver 550 conver for $650 including tax, P1 package but no navi

Also an 08 white 550, p2 package with navigation at $700

And finally an 08 black 550, p3 package with navigation at ~$725, haven't really negotiated with this price yet.

What do you think? Also, does anyone have any information on the possibility of a new CLK coming out in 08 or 09?
  • peterk77peterk77 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new to Edmunds forum and I have a "situation". Last year I traded a 2006 Jeep Liberty for a Certified Pre-Owned 2002 CLK430. The purchase price for the MB was 29K and I lost about 9K on the trade in (too many miles on the Jeep). Due to the mileage I do per year, I could not lease and so I added the extended waranty and all the "extra's". My payment is 844.00/mos for 60 mos (a whopping 50K for a used MB).

To make a long story short I added about 50K miles on the MB since then and it has about 75K miles now. I owe 35K and its trade-in is about 19K-21K.

I would like to get out of this deal and maybe get into a lease, but I don't know the best way to go about it without losing a TON of money AGAIN! At this point I am not picky on the make or model of another vehicle but I would like to stay in the 25K-35K category of a mid sized car. I am only going to use it to go back and forth to work.

Can anyone give me some advice please? Oh, I can still afford the 844.00 payment, but I don't think its worth taking the 2002 MB CLK430 for another 3+ years. By that time it will probably have over 100K miles and then might not be worth a whole lot.

Thanks in advance,

Peter K
  • gabbana2000gabbana2000 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the payment calculators on the MB website and want to do a 36 month balloon contract. I have an excellent credit score. Any idea what I would be looking at for an interest rate? Thanks!
  • judyabrojudyabro Member Posts: 5
    I am debating whether to buy my car, turn it in or lease a new car. My lease is up in Feb of 2008, I leased it for 39 months 39,000 miles. I have only 24,000 miles on the car right now, way under. The car is in immaculate condition, garage kept. The list price of the vehicle was $52,000 and the residual is $30,000. I'm think that with the low milage the car is worth a lot more then $30,000 and might be worth it to me to purchase it. My other thought is if I could extent my lease without "buying" more miles. Is that possible?? What makes more sense? :confuse:
    I've extended my lease with MB Credit a couple times with ease. Sometimes month to month if I am waiting for a new car or a full year just because we like the current car.

MB does make it easy since there is no fee to extend, you can choose the length of time and the payment drops (not on month to month though) - they quote right over the phone. Your car is still under warranty which is a good thing, leasing with no warranty is nail biting. Nothing worse then paying for repairs on a car you don't own.

Go one more year or 6 months and take the time to think about what you want to do.....take that 10k vacation drive while your at it.

Good luck
  • manlymanly Member Posts: 14
    Thank you to all of your inputs. We Just leased a new 2008 CLK-350 convertible from a SOCAL Mercedes dealer with 15k/mile for $53.8K. Here is the detail:

sale price=$53800
    Money factor=.00225
    residual=66%
    term= 27-month on 15,000 miles
    drive-off= $5000
    monthly payment= $685 including tax (8.25%)

options are:
    - Premium package 1
    - DVD navigation
    - Heated Front Seats
    - iPod Integration Kit
    - Free oil change for the lease term

Could we do better deal?

Thanks

P.S. email me if you want the dealer contact.
  • knoxville555knoxville555 Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good deal? What should I look out for?

08 CLK 350
    P2 Pkg
    amg sprt appearance pkg
    heated seats

MSRP $54,035
    Negotiated price $50,300

27month lease 12k miles year
    $565.00 month
    $6075.00 tax, title, cap cost, bank fee..etc.
    I think you've got more room there. Looks like the MSRP (final price) came down because you have a high out of pocket amount.

I have an 06 CLK 350 that was MSRP'd at $53,400 and I got mine for the same $565 per month at 27 months 12k per year but only $2600 down and that included all reg, bank, etc. plus I got the first 13K service free - just before I signed the last paper. Yes, my deal is almost 2 years ago but lease rates/deals are pretty steady at MB.

I think you have some room. I'm sure you can stay at the same monthly payment but get the out of pocket to $4k or less. Good luck.
  • goalpostgoalpost Member Posts: 8
    Looking to lease an 07 or 08 CLK550 Cab in Northern California.

Can you help with the current money factor and residual for 27 months with 7500 miles/yr?

One dealer was quoting .0016 and 70%, another was .0019 and 71%, both for a 2008. Is either one right? And, what are the rates for a 2007?

Many thanks in advance
  • goalpostgoalpost Member Posts: 8
    Are you still out there???? Can you help with my inquiry above?
  • danielp3danielp3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone -

I'm interested in a 2007 or 2008 CLK 350 Cabriolet.

Does anyone have the current MF & Residual for those 2 cars? would it be better to lease a new one than a discounted 2007?

Thanks!
    I am paying 600 a month for a 2005 clk320. Lease is up feb 3. I inquired about extending, I only have 25,000 miles on the car. $692 for 6 months and 660 for a year. Or I could purchase the car, the residual is 30,800 but they said they would take off $3400. Is it worth it?
    are you leasing with MB Financial? I've extended leases a few times and the monthly payment always went down.
    yes it is MB financial. I thought it would go down also being I'm really under the milage.
    If you like the car and it has no problems, buy it. There's lots of cheap money out there and $27400 doesn't sound excessive. I'd try to get them to "certify" it as part of the deal.
    I don't know, looking at the new cars I'm thinking about it. My husband is a GM employee and I can get a good price on a CTS. Looked at them and they are really nice. I have a few months yet so keeping my options open.
    I like the new CTS very much. However, it's tough going from a convertible to a sedan. I sold my BMW 330 convertible and bought a C350 two months ago. I miss the convertible almost every day. You did say it was a cabriolet, didn't you?
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    My lease on CLK 320 is up in May 08. I am thinking of going to BMW because I think Mercedes quality is crap (this is my second) and I think they have nerve not to give routine oil changes, etc. as part of car price. My concern is size. How did that 330 compare in size? I use back seat for 2 kids (13 and 7). thanks.
    No I just have the coupe. I don't know if I would ever put the top down if I got a convertible. The CTS has a better Warrenty on it I'm just afraid I won't get the service I get with my mercedes. I also heard that they are going to make a CTS coupe next year. I wanted to check out the Audis too, they were coming out with an A6 but its not here yet.

Oh I was thinking about gettting a C350 insteady of the clk this tiem. Like it?
  • nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    hi everyone,

question for the host, Car_Man or anyone who is savvy enough to answer;
    Am I getting a good deal on this lease?

2008 MB CLK350 Coupe

Lease: 27 months
    Monthly: 488
    Out of pocket: 1600.00 (1st payment, Aquisition Fee, TTL) - in New York

MSRP: 50,610.00
    Residual: 30,872.00

Mileage: 10k

Alabaster White on Stone Grey
    P1 Package
    Heated Front Seats
    IPod Dock

:shades:
    My 330 convertible's back seat was unusable once my kids were over three feet tall. When my teenage kids rode in the back, the only way they could do so was to sit cross-legged because there wasn't enough room to plant their feet straight down. Even sitting behind my 5'2" wife was nearly unbearable for anything but short trips.

That said, my 330 was a 2004 model and the new model may have more rear seat space (but it doesn't look that way to me).
    Thanks very much. I will take a look at the new models. Lexus is way too small. I may wind up with another CLK but only as a lease becasue I don't want to have to worry about the crap that I have had go wrong with mine. The radio alone kept the car out of action for well over a week. They replaced it and the sound still was garbled. Turned out to be some amplifier outside the radio. What other cars do poeple looking at CLK convertibles consider ? I really didn't want to go up to the 80K range of BMW 745.
    Unfortunately, you don't really have too many options if you want to carry four people. The 335 and CLK are probably your best choices if you don't want to reach too far up or down. The Chrysler Sebring is probably the most practical 4-seat convertible, but who wants to drive that (except as a vacation rental)?
  • ob995ob995 Member Posts: 40
    You are paying a boat load for the "Free oil change for the lease term". As I got the almost the same Money Factor(0.002) as you but 68% residual on the same lease terms and miles. The dealer was able to get me higher residual and slightly lower Money Factor by using US Bank over MB Credit and I bought the car on Sept 28. I put $1171 drive off and I am paying $706.91 after tax (8.25% LA County).

Car I got had the following:

P2
    P90
    DVD navigation
    Heated Front Seats
    Ipod Integration Kit
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Keyless Go
    MB Phone

My Car had an MSRP of $65k with a selling price of $57k. Those extra 4k you put down over me is like paying an extra $150 per month over 27 months. So I ended up getting a much more loaded car for a lot less.
  • talei123talei123 Member Posts: 4
    HI Carman,

Im looking to Lease a 2008 or 2007 CLK Convertible. I would like 15,000 miles per year. What should I be expecting as a reasonable monthly price including tax. I have gotten a quote of 660 monthly and 1300 down.....It seems a bit high on the monthly I would like to get to about 550 a month incl. tax..... same down..is this possible.. MSRP is about 55,000 or so....
    hi everybody

Today I leased a CLK 350 Coupe that I have been wanting to get, and here are some specs and numbers.
    When I went to the website MBusa.com and designed the car, the MSRP came out to be 49525.00.
    This is a White on Ash interior, with only a P1 Package.
    When I signed the paper work I saw very different numbers.
    The Gross Cap Cost is 42671.0 that is a difference of about 7 grand off of MSRP.
    Residual value is at 61%, and off of the MSRP it becomes 30210.25.
    Life of the lease is 27 months, with 22500 miles over the lease, about 833 per month allowed.
    I paid 1600 in Amount Due at Signing, in that $ is the Acquisition Fee, Cap Cost Reduction, Sales Tax, License and Registration fees for NYSDMV and some inspection and doc fees.

I am paying 485 a month for this car, (tax rolled into payments) but I think I could have done better.
    Carman or you good folks in forums, please give me an opinion and do some math with me to make sense of this lease?

Thank you. :)
  • coop9coop9 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 CLK 320 that I bought with 45,000 miles on it for 19,000.00. When i looked at the car fax, it said, that the mileage reading was inconsisten with the age of the car and that it could have been some sort of computer problem.

I do have malfunction lights (check lamps) that come on every once and a while for no reason but, other than that, I love that car and it's a sexy looking car. I call my car the big booty benz.
  • ko350zko350z Member Posts: 3
    ob995,

I'm interested in purchasing a new lease.
    Which MB dealership was you purchase and saleman name?
  • spybondspybond Member Posts: 7
    nkf2008 -

Based on the currently advertised lease special... this sounds like a GREAT deal. I only hope that I can do just as well. The current lease special is for 499 a month with 4k drive off. I like where you ended up and I wish I could get the same deal here in California.

I am trying to decide between the CLK and E-Class and I am making my decision 100% based upon getting a great deal. :/ Not the smartest way to go... but its me.

Did you notice that the advertised lease in NY was similar to the 4k down they are advertising here in LA?
    hey spybond;

i didnt go through a dealership, I went through a leasing agent, that may be the key to getting this deal.
    I know on the east coast they have a fleet rebate for the dealers, thats why you will see great rates on the MB cars here in Ny/Nj areas.
    Ask your dealer or whoever you are in business with if he is getting a rebate on the car, and if they do fleet rate leasing.
    I was offered E-Class fully loaded for 499 a month, with 2k out of pocket, but I went with a CLK, because I honestly like the coupe better than the E-Class, it wasnt a big money factor difference between the two.

If you cant get these deals in CA, I would suggest going for a Lexus GS, that was my other choice, but I couldnt wait until December to get that deal, knowing now that Lexus has a good promotion on them.

Good luck, let me know if you need some info. :)
  • ingberingber Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I was quoted a 2007 CLK 350 at $612 per month for a P1 package including navigation and 12,000 miles. Is this a good deal? I welcome your response.
  • wazabwazab Member Posts: 6
    Please advise!

Is this a really bad deal?
    36 month
    10K/ year
    $668/ month

money factor sales man said 0.0035 (isn't that reall high)
    MSRP $49,800

Need help to negotiate a better deal...Thanks
  • cluvnucluvnu Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market to lease a clk 350 coupe and would like to get the sport style wheels(double 5 spoke) or the larger tires with the ipod ability and the premium package...does anyone know what the money factor and the residual will be for this car and what i can expect to put down to get a payment at 500 with tax....any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    That rate is way too high on a 36 month lease. Here are MBC' current January lease rates on the CLK 350.

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00005 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00075 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00075 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

*Rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

As you can see, they are trying to charge you the 60 month rate as oppossed to the 36 month rate.
    That rate is way too high on a 36 month lease. Here are MBC' current January lease rates on the CLK 350.

2008 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 66% of MSRP – .00080 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 51% of MSRP – .00120 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00355 Base Rate

*Rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

They are definitely marking the rate up on you. Renegotiate!
    I received a call from a dealer saying that MB USA will allow me to terminate early (within 3 months of termination date) without penalty if I go into another MB. This is not the environment they were in 3 years ago, last time I did this, when dealer said he'd take back car but I had to continue to make all payments !!!

I told them I'm not quite in the 3 months yet and even if I was, I am not looking to have them add payments into the lease. Dealer assured me this wasn't a gimmick and that MB would allow me out early. Anyone else hear this?
    It's called a lease payment waiver, and if it is in effect, then they will essentially "eat" your remaining payments, so long as you enter another contract with MBC. Your current lease undoubtedly would need to be through MBC, though.

Call Mercedes- Benz of North America to confirm:

1-800-367-6372
    I posted this in the prices paid and buying forum, but I'll repost it here for you:

As you can see, MBC has excellent lease programs on this vehicle right now. As for the payment you're looking for, I would need to know the MSRP of the exact vehicle you're looking for, then I could give you a more accurate quote.

I will say, I do not recommend making a cap cost reduction (down payment) on a lease. I'll give Car_Man credit here as he's said it numerous times that you risk losing that money in the instance that your vehicle is totaled or stolen. You should only pay drive offs... 1st mo, registration, acquisition fee, security deposit (if applicable).

* Above rates are based on 10k annual miles. Subtract 2% for 12k miles, subtract 3% for 15k miles.

**May vary by region.
This discussion has been closed.