Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi

I will be buying a 2008 CLK 550 with a Premium 1 package. How much should I pay? I really wanted to get the Xenon lights, but will settle for a P1 package. Does anyone know if it is possible later on if I can get a xenon light installed and how much it would run? Any idea how much to install navigation and sat radio at a later date?
  • cneffcneff Posts: 65
    all those things you asked for are pretty much integrated into the car at the factory. It would cost way more for a dealer or shop to put them in later even if the wiring is there

Tell the dealer to throw it in or no deal. I got my nav included which if you can get I highly recommend - completes a car especially at that level....usually if they are sitting on the lot with nav they give it away especially an 08
  • I was interested in the new 2009 C300 but was turned off my the lack of headroom for me and the cheap plastic feel of the MBTex, So I sat in the CLK 350 Coupe whcih has a nicer interior and plenty of headroom.
    MB is offering a $10000 cash-back to the dealers this month on that 2008 and with an extensive search in the CA market, I found a light exterior color and stone interior.
    Aggressive pricing at Invoice - $10000. Most dealers are at
    MSRP -$11000.

Good inventory is going fast and the new E-Coupes will be out next spring to replace the CLK.

Good luck in your shopping....
  • Just picked myself up the following:

2009 CLK550
    Iridium Silver
    Black Interior
    P1 Package

Nice and clean... leased for an outrageous deal... couldn't believe it myself until I signed the paperwork. If you're in the market for a 550 or a 350, act now. For purchase, I'd go with the '08s as they have the most money back. For lease, go with an '09. MF of 0.0005 and decent residuals make this the time to act.
  • cneffcneff Posts: 65
    how much/month and for how long/miles please.
  • asa2asa2 Posts: 23
    I think if you want a CLK, you should wait for pricing to get even better. My salesperson told me they are doing away with the current body style and showed me photo of the new E class which is pretty hot. (looks alot like current S-class)

Supposedly the CLK will be like a 2 door E and be much nicer than it is now. Cabriolet also expected but a bit later. Just a heads up b/c I know I hate driving the last year of something that comes out new.

BTW, the current E's are getting pretty aggressive already but I bet we see better next month JMO

After buying an 08 ML I've become a Benz junkie and can't decide what to get my wife when her car is up in the Spring.
  • Car Man can you please provide lease info (residual, money factor and any current incentives for an 09 CLK coupe? I'd like info for 12K and 15K please.

Thanks.
  • Hello Car Man,
    What is MB offering for rates & residuals on this car 36, 48 or 60 month?

Thanks,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Christian. Mercedes-Benz is not providing lease support on 2008 models any longer. If you want to lease an '08 CLK, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find one that is willing to lease you one.

In January, Mercedes was providing a whopping $15,000 dealer cash on this car. I'm not sure if dealers were paid out this amount for units that they had in inventory, but there is a good chance that they were.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • carnut12carnut12 Posts: 35
    car_man,

are there any incentives/rebates/kickbacks for the 09 clk350 cabrios?

Thanks
    Yes there is, carnut12. Mercedes-Benz is currently providing a $5,500 cash incentive on leases of 2009 CLK Convertibles through MB Finance.

Car_man
    Host
  • cluvnucluvnu Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a clk 350 with the premium 1 package along with the amg package(i think)...its the 18 inch wheels, exhaust. I am looking for 10K miles a year and for about 3 years. I am hoping for a monthly payment under 400 including tax and do not want to come out of pocket with more than 2K at signing including tax, tag title etc. Is this possible? I know they are having crazy deals going on now, but dont want to get taken when I can get an even better deal. the current offers for monthly payments of 359, 399 a month include a 5K downpayment and i just cant afford that...any help, suggestions, tips, money factors, money back specials would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
  • hi
    can someone help me with this? yesterday, i went to Rallye to check out the clk convertible for leasing: Black/black, Package II, DVD Nagviation Sys and everything standard . leasing is 10,000.00 miles for 39 moths and 684.00/per month, down payment is 2000 (at the time pickup total payment is around 6000.00) with all the rebate/leasing special from Mercedes . But when i go back home and go to internet search i saw the site www.fleetrates.com with all the same component except the DVD navigation sys only from 469 to 569 a month?
    Does anyone have know/deal with fleetrates.com ? what's a cacth? why it is so low?

Thank you in advance
    TH
  • Fleet has been cracked down by MB Corporate from what I know. Alot of dealerships lost "leasing" companies b/c they were all using Fleet money. Fleet money is what a large company that leases multiple cars/year gets and it's a significant discount similar to employee discount. As I said, my sales person told me MB cracked down on it hard so I would beware of fleet deals b/c they are more than likely going to require you sign something making it look like you are on their payroll, etc. and basically, it's illegal if they do it that way. They are good deals if you can get them but DEFINITELY READ EVERYTHING before signing anything. I know our local dealership has periodically received support from MB in the form of a few employee deals they can use for anyone each month--see if any local dealerships near you have them or are willing to discount further. They are having a really bad month from what I hear.

On another note: what do you guys think of Indium Grey for a Cabriolet with a Black top? I love Black/Black but would like something different I think...any thoughts? Thanks
  • Can anymone provide the current lease rate for CLK350 Coupe? Thanks.
  • Current ad on MB Website for P1 car says: 499/mo. 10K/year. 48 mos. 5144 due at signing. Of course, you will do WAY better in the real world though........
  • jasvicjasvic Posts: 13
    Hi Car man.. I'm trying to help out my aunt on a lease.. she's currently in a CLK 350 convertible and wants an 09. I was wondering what the Residual and MF are on a 36 month 10,000 mile lease for the CLK 350 convertible?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi fourizonly007. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CLK350 Coupe is an incredibly low .00008. In addition to this great money factor, Mercedes is currently providing a $7,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jasvic. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CLK350 Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00010 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating her lease on this car, make sure that your aunt takes the $5,500 cash incentive that Mercedes is providing on leases of '09 CLK350 Convertibles into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Thanks for your help! I just got a '09 CLK350 yesterday.

MSRP $52,950 P1 w/Bluetooth
    Gross Cap $39,550.82
    Drive-Off: $901
    Monthly: $500 tax included
    36 month/12K

I think I got a great deal because few of the dealers said this can't be done.

-James
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    I entered into lease for 2008 CLK on april 2 for CLK Cabriolet. Do you think it makes sense to go for 2009 at this point? I guess it depends on factors, etc.
  • Great info! What is the residual value on the coupe?
    Thanks.
  • Can't recall if it's 44% or 46%.
  • When you get a chance could you please post which it is: 44 or 46?
    I'm heading to the dealership tomorrow and would love to be armed with accurate info.
    Thanks!
  • How can I get the same deal "James" received......Can u please arm me with the necesssary knowledge as I felt like "Prey" when entering the delearship today......this is the information which I seen posted on this site....MSRP $52,950, Cap $39,550.82, Drive Off $901, Monthly $500 tax included, 36 month, 12k. Will greatly appreciate any help.
  • Hi,

Any of you guys in So. Cal? The deal I got was from a local dealer. Not many dealers will offer this deal because they are basically loosing $3k on this deal. The sales even showed me the info.

Two dealers told me this deal is impossible, but I got it!

Residual is 44%.
  • bill124bill124 Posts: 242
    Location, location, location. Just like real estate, location is everything when car shopping. I had to go off Long Island to get a better deal a year ago. It's like you said, not many dealers will even offer that deal and then try to switch pricing at signing, let only actually do it.
  • There is one MB dealership in my state so I won't be playing one off the other.
    They are showing a $399 36 month lease on their website but they want over $8k out of pocket to achieve it. That is out of the question.
    I have no idea how willing they will be to deal, but I am hoping that since I read CLK's replacement will be in showrooms by the end of May there will be some play in their pricing.
    If I learn anything from my dealership visit today I'll post it here.
    And btw thanks for posting the residual value (44%)!
  • If that's the case, you are probably better off getting their national deal on the CLK350 which is $359/mon with $5,104 drive-off for 48 months. You should be able to get at least 10,000 off of MSRP, given there is a $7,500 mfg to dealer incentive.

Good luck!
  • Well the trip to the dealership was fruitless.
    They had 3 CLK 350s. Two Iridium Silver w/blk interior and one Black with Black interior. All optioned differently.
    I drove the most loaded silver: P1, Navi, Bluetooth, App Package, Ventilated Seats, Keyless-MSRP $58920.
    Their offer to me was full MSRP with only the $7500 lease cash off the price and (this was the kicker for me) a money factor of .00058. Residual was 44%.
    I was told with a perfectly straight face that the interest rates (and money factors) I see on the internet are the rates to the DEALERSHIP not to the public! LOL. They "mark up the interest rates and resell them."
    When I pointed out the lease deal on the MBUSA website for $359 a month shows that the "public" can get that money factor the only response I got was "That is for the base model that we don't sell".
    Whatever.
    I told them even if I could swallow their inflated interest rate, I would at least expect them to knock something off the MSRP.
    Not heartbroken....just would have been a great deal if they honored it!
    Best of luck to everyone else out there.
This discussion has been closed.