Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
Share your prices paid & buying experiences about the MB CLK-Class.

Comments

• amt7565amt7565 Posts: 165
    I was browsing the MBUSA.com page and found that the CLK320 (MSRP $46K) was being leased at $499.00/month. This also requires:

$499- first month payment
    $2800- capitalized cost reduction
    $795- Acquisition fee.
    Total cash due at signing = $4094.00
    Here is the weblist: http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/CLK320C.jsp

Is it possible to negotiate further? What is your buying experience?
  • ajb723ajb723 Posts: 48
    Went to M-B here in NJ today to price similar vehicle. Here is what I was quoted: 2005 CLK 320 Coupe. Sunroof pkg.., met. paint, CD changer. MSRP 49k. 39 mo. lease. 12,000 mi/yr. Downpayment $2000 includes 1st mo. payment, "inception fee (acquisition fee)"of 890 , and reg. fees. Monthly payment $635. I was left with the impression that they would negotiate further. They were reallllly anxious to make a deal today. I still have 1 mo. remaining on my BMW 330i lease. Wondering whether to wait for new 330 coming in about 2 months. What do ya think? I haven't test driven the MB yet. Its IMO a much better looking car than the BMW.
  • amt7565amt7565 Posts: 165
    I have not test driven the MB CLK 320 yet as well.
    So, isn't the deal I posted better than the one you got? Certainly the CLK is better looking than the BMW. But then again the new 3 series are almost here....I am sure they will look nice. The MB priced at $49k and the BMW 330 priced at about $34K. That's a huge difference of about $15K.0. Something to seriously think about.
  • If you've leased a 330 for the last few years, be sure to test drive the CLK before making any decisions. I find the CLK to be a very attractive design inside and out. However, I have driven the 325 & 330 and the CLK 320 & 500 coupe & convertible and they drive/handle very differently.
    Absolutely- your deal was/is better even though you are putting more $ up front. Where are you located? I have 2 other MB dealers within 10 miles of my home so I plan on checking them out as well. I'm paying $525 now on my 330i so even with a modest increase for the 2006 330 I'd still be paying less than the MB . And it likely handles better too.
  • lwc336lwc336 Posts: 1
    Yes, it's quite interesting that we had such different experiences. Looking at their website, almost all of their cars have the heated seats & have a list of $49,190.

Actually, I had just entered my name in a leasing website & he contacted me. Wasn't planning on buying so soon, but thought that it was a good deal.

Mine is Pewter & I test drove it. The down payment is the first month, acquisition & registration fees, as well as upfront taxes on the lease payments (which is between $1500 and $2000 depending on the state). So the payment is closer to $4000. But there is no "cap cost reduction required," as in the advertised MB lease.

I would recommend going back to him & seeing if he will revise his numbers. Perhaps the MB lease promotion hadn't started & he now has more flexibility. It seems that perhaps there's an additional discount being given on the cars.

Let me know what happens.
  • I leased my '04 CLK320 last year from prestige with same deal of $550 39mo. 10k/yr mileage. I have not had any problems until yesterday when I got 4 malfunctions all at once driving down rt.17 SRS, interior light, telaid, and sunroof all went out on me. Anyone else have this problem. Also the lag time from hitting the gas is always a problem.
    I hadn't heard about that "lag time" you mention. Is that a well known issue with this model? I would find it terribly annoying, if not dangerous. Can you tell me how much you put up front on that $550 lease. In general, are you happy with the overall handling?
    Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good deal. I was made an offer for a new (2005) CLK 320 coupe. sunroof, heated seats, CD changer and navigation. $ down is only 1st lease payment, reg fees, and acquisition ( approx. $790). 39 mo lease- 12K/yr. $612 /mo.incl. tax. Sounds good to me. Any thoughts?
  • golfacegolface Posts: 1
    Please tell me where you got this deal. I just went into a dealership and priced out the same car with zenons and rear shade. taxes down,1st payment, 10k/year. $699/month,39 months.
    Just picked up my new CLK 320 coupe last week. Benzel-Busch of Englewood NJ. Pewter, stone interior. sunroof, heated seats, CD changer and navigation. 12k/yr. $612/mo. Up front $ was 1st mo. lease, acqusition fee, registration fees for full term of lease= total up front outlay $1,900. The navigation just blows me away. A great toy. (Also, I didn't realize it is also pre-wired for my iPod- only requires a Radio Shack miniplug adaptor)
  • ljwalters1ljwalters1 Posts: 294
    My father got the above car with about 8k mi, and in very good condition for $57k. Good deal? :confuse:
  • tomc1227tomc1227 Posts: 19
    How man months is your lease?
    39 months.
    just thought I'd pass along a few thoughts after 2 weeks ownership of CLK 320. No question, is car is a looker, comments wherever I stop. Ride is comfortable - interior is lush. Controls are uncluttered and easy to use. Nav system is terrific. Went to Wash D.C. last weekend from my home in NJ and NAV performed flawlessly. Even recalculated routes quickly when encountering construction detours. Gas mileage is good (27 mpg for trip to DC)
    Nits to pick: Some of controls, esp. climate control dials are cheap plastic, not worthy of this car. Climate control is quirky, not intuitive. Touch - shift is gimmicky and not really useful. Acceleration is good- not great.
  • jjoseph1jjoseph1 Posts: 1
    Just got this lease offer from the dealer for a 2005 CLK320 with the sunroof package, and 6 disc changer.
    36 Months
    15k Miles
    $2000 Up front (first month's payment, tax, tag, ect.)
    Payment - $550/month plus tax.

Does this sound like a good deal :confuse:
    Sounds comparable to the deal I got: 2005 CLK320, sunroof, CD changer, heated seats, and navigation. 39 mo., 12k miles.
    1800 up front includes fees + 1st mo. payment, tax, plates
    $612/mo (incl tax). Have the car for 6 weeks. One small computer glitch which required a day to fix. Love the looks, interior and navigation. Lots of gimmicks but dash is uncluttered. Acceleration and handling are good but not as good as my previous car (BMW 330i)
  • kdh2865kdh2865 Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any lease info on the cabriolet? I am interested in leasing a new one by the end of August. :confuse:
  • rontiderontide Posts: 3
    I am a current Cadillac owner. My wife has a 1996 Cadillac STS and I have a 1999 Cadillac STS. Love my car but drove a CLK 500 for a test drive and boy is it fast.
    Rougher ride and the low profile tires have more road noise. Only 1 cupholder?
    Do any CLK owners have thoughts on their CLK? Consumer Reports shows many electrical problems for CLK's...and other Mercedes problems. Frankly I would have a problem justifying buying even a used CLK 500 but it does intrigue me.
    Any maintenance experiences, is repair cost high, oil consumption, etc. Would appreciate your feedback.
  • mcho3mcho3 Posts: 36
    MSRP on my 500 was 61500 and OTD i paid 59300. what do you guys think
  • CLK500 coupe MY 2004 (comes with 4 years 48kmi free schedule maintenance)
    When: Apr 2004
    Milage: 12 at the time
    Heated seat, 6disc CD
    Lighting package (bi xenon light, headlamp washer)
    Sunroof package(Power tilt, sliding glass, one touch something, rear shade control)
    Ventilated seat
    Wood & leather steering wheel
    Upgraded to chrome wheel
    Price: 58500 OTD (included tax (7.75%) & license) with no trade in
    Finance thru MB credit 60 months 2.9%, zero down (payment around 1k/month)
    Love the car so far
  • Ordered a new 2006 CLK 500 a few weeks back. Waiting for it to be built.

Options: Comfort Pkg, Premium Pkg, Lighting Pkg, COMAND, Heated Seats, Keyless Go, iPod integration kit

Final negotiated price (including tax, tags, etc.) $66,000
  • frlac40frlac40 Posts: 3
    Please tell me what is the best price to pay for a MB 1999 CLK 320 Convertible with 68,450 miles clean no dent and running good. Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Is that a coupe or cab?
  • rdubsrdubs Posts: 11
    Quick question about the European delivery option, where they say you save 7% off MSRP. It looks like you might have to order through the MB website and would not be in addition to whatever deal you got the salesperson at the local dealer down to. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this program? I wouldn't mind sending my wife to pick her car up if it helped reduce the price, but if it was that great a deal I have to think everyone would do it. Is the catch that it's not an additional 7% from the negotiated price with the dealer?

Thanks all!
    Rich
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,873
    You might also try our discussion called European Delivery: Experiences, Advice & Info.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I ordered a 2006 clk cabrio in storm red metallic in May. Still no word on delivery date. Does anyone know when the color will be available? My dealer does not.
  • Recently leased for 1600 down which included inceptions and first month lease payment. It is a brilliant silver coupe with sunroof package, six disc cd changer.
    It is for 39 months and 10K miles/year.
    The lease payment is 680.00 plus tax monthly.