Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• life98_98life98_98 Member Posts: 2
    My deal was with Ray Catena lexus in new jersey
  • lexuslvlexuslv Member Posts: 4
    Lexus of LV is offering $3,500 off of MSRP on the RX400h via their internet sales dept (request a dealer quote thru edmunds.com). Keep it in your back pocket and press for the best deal. The onsite salesman will start you off at an $1,800 discount. Then pull out the email to get yourself even more. I got $3,900 off (lease) after showing my distaste for the "game." Nav, Mark Levinson, etc., MSRP $49,988.

Separately, does anyone know if you can get the hybrid tax credit if you lease (36 mos)?
    Answering my own question...

YES, both purchases and leases qualify for the tax credit. The credit for RX400h is estimated to be $2,200. (http://www.leaseguide.com/Articles/hybrid-tax.htm )

BTW- I was very reluctant to go Lexus, but I LOVE my RX400h. It rides SO much better than the RX330 thanks to the ECVT. It feels like it is floating. I have an Audi with CVT and hated the RX330's rough and clumsy ride.

BTW2- The Range Rover Sport was my 1st choice, but decided to keep an open mind. Glad I did b/c it saved me $17K. Plus, I bought myself 36 mos to wait for the RRS to come in a diesel or hybrid.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    While not a tax expert by any means.. everything I've read suggests that you can't get the tax credit, if you lease... as the car is not in your name..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dondilyondondilyon Member Posts: 4
    Unfortunately, you are wrong. The 2006 tax credit can be taken ONLY if you purchase a qualifying vehicle. If you lease a car from a dealer, you CANNOT take the tax credit. I looked at the article you mention in your e-mail and, based on how it was written, I can understand why you thought your lease would apply. However, the Internal Revenue Service's guidance states as follows: The purchaser may claim a credit in the certified amount with respect to the vehicle if the following requirements are satisfied: (1) The vehicle is placed in service by the taxpayer after December 31, 2005, and is purchased on or before December 31, 2010. (2) The original use of the vehicle commences with the taxpayer.(3) The vehicle is acquired for use or lease by the taxpayer, and not
    for resale.(4) The vehicle is used predominantly in the United States." Thus, it would appear that you can purchase a qualifying car and take the credit even if you lease it out to someone else BUT you must be the owner of the car (not the lessee) to get the credit.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Thus, it would appear that you can purchase a qualifying car and take the credit even if you lease it out to someone else BUT you must be the owner of the car (not the lessee) to get the credit."

I don't see it that way; it appears to me that item (3) indicates that it is the taxpayer who is getting the lease:

The vehicle is acquired for use or lease by the taxpayer, and not
    for resale.

I would consult a professional tax consultant on this one...
    Item (3) does not stand by itself - you have to read it in context with the start of the sentence which states "The PURCHASER may claim a credit in the certified amount with respect to the vehicle if the following requirements are satisfied....(3) The vehicle is acquired for use or lease by the taxpayer, and not for resale" Thus, you have to be the PURCHASER of the car AND also satisy the items set forth in the IRS's guidance to take advantage of the credit. The IRS website has press releases and memos that clearly set forth what this provision means. There are also several sites with articles written by tax experts stating the same thing. If I get a chance, I'll post some links.
    Here are some links that might be helpful to those of you wondering whether the 2006 hybrid vehicle tax credit applies to you;
    1)http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=153172,00.html
    This is the IRS's site and the above link goes to a recent press release.
    2)http://taxes.about.com/od/deductionscredits/a/hybridtaxcredit.htm This article is written by William Perez, a tax professional who previously worked for the IRS and now works for a private CPA firm. He states in his article "There are three criteria to qualify for the hybrid tax credit:
    1. Purchase a qualifying vehicle in 2006.
    2. Purchase the vehicle new, not used.
    3. The vehicle must be used for your own personal or business use. The vehicle should not be bought with the intention of re-selling it."

3)http://www.energytaxincentives.org/tiap-passenger-vehicles.html This is the Tax Incentives Assistance Project (TIAP) site. TIAP is a coalition of public interest nonprofit groups, government agencies, and other organizations in the energy efficiency field. In their FAQs section they state: " Who is eligible for the tax credits? Buyers and lessors of qualifying vehicles. For purchases by tax-exempt entities, however, it is the seller who is eligible for the tax credit. The benefit of the vehicle credit may be reduced or eliminated for taxpayers subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax; IRS will address this issue in future guidance."

It is, of course, important to confirm this information with your own tax advisor. AND - the IRS might change its mind before the end of 2006 to allow lessees of hybrid vehicles take advantage of the credit.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I might add that if you keep the vehicle less than 3 years you may be subject to repaying some of the incentive. At least that was part of the former incentive.

If any of these conditions change within 3 years of purchase, you may have to return some of the money saved by the deduction.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax_hybrid.shtml
    "tem (3) does not stand by itself - you have to read it in context with the start of the sentence which states "The PURCHASER may claim a credit in the certified amount with respect to the vehicle if the following requirements are satisfied..."

I understand your argument, and I did read the entire context the first time. However, the taxpayer is the person applying for the tax credit, and the taxpayer has to be the leasee, so the only way I see it making sense is if it applies to both purchases and leases. It would make no sense to have the Purchaser someone other than the person filing the taxes (the taxpayer). Typical IRS poorly written guidelines. I stand by my interpretation, but I am not a tax professional.

Anyway, as I said earlier, check with your tax professional.
    ...on their website... that leasers can't take the credit.. Of course, they could be wrong...

Individual purchasers of a Lexus RX 400h ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

"...on their website... that leasers can't take the credit.. Of course, they could be wrong... "

US Government DOE website says you can lease. Who knows?

http://www.energy.gov/taxbreaks.htm

"Individuals and businesses who buy or lease a new hybrid gas-electric car or truck are eligible for, and can receive, an income tax credit of $250-$3,400 – depending on the fuel economy and the weight of the vehicle. "
    The first paragraph of that article states as follows: "The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (EPACT), signed by President Bush on August 8, 2005, offers consumers and businesses federal tax credits beginning in January 2006 for PURCHASING fuel-efficient hybrid-electric vehicles and energy-efficient appliances and products". As I've said before, if you purchase the car you can then lease it and the PURCHASER can take the credit. As you know, the Department of Energy is not the IRS. However, in an effort to correct any confusion for people who visit the DOE's site, I have sent an e-mail to the Secretary of the department advising him of the sentence you cited and asking that they review the IRS's guidance and issue a clearer statement of their position on this matter.
    Yup, the government is speaking out of both sides of it's mouth again - as usual...

However, I don't buy the "Purchase then lease"; I think that the original purchaser has to keep the vehicle. I realize that technically the leasing company owns the vehicle, so you may be correct.

I think my original idea (not mine alone) is the best - consult your tax professional...
    Thanks to all for the additional info (and interpretations). I'm sufficiently confused. Will seek advice from a pro at tax time.
    UPDATE: Lexus is now offering unusually low money (lease) rates on the RX400h (.00146 = 3.5% APR). Rates went down President's Day weekend.

I leased at a substantially higher rate a week prior and Lexus re-wrote the contract without any hesitation. I was WOWed. Again, I wasn't very keen on buying a Lexus, but the 400h has been great and I've been able to take their great customer service to the bank.
  • safeperfsnowsusafeperfsnowsu Member Posts: 16
    Don't hate me but I just paid 47500 for a fully loaded (had everything except the wood option and tow hitch and 12 miles on the clock)06 400h in the NE. E-mailed dealership on 27th asking for best price. E-mailed me back with 47500 on the 28th or 52and change on the 1st. Wasn't planning to buy so soon but the deal was too goodto pass up. Sat in it and test drove it for about 10mins the 1st time on the 28th came back in to the delaership and signed all the papers and paid. Picked it up today. I was not the most pleasant person to deal with as to be honest I don't like the flashy look of the car that much, nor the way it drives without a lot of torque, and think that the seats are not as comfortable as they might be but the Lexus service rep is true, they are really top notch. I was switching out of a X5 which I love (prices are all ex trade, before trade was even in the picture, but they gave me $500 more than BMW was going to give me on the trade which cut my taxes in half) mainly for environmental reasons, cost savings with the fuel economy, and because I am a pirahia in the pick up line at school with the X5. The 400 is a bit smaller than the X5 and my leg touches the center console where as it didn't on the X5 and the X5 had more comfortable seats also the X5 has better visibility (at 6'4" my eyes are at top of win screen level the drivers seat need to drop another inch or two, anyoe know if that can be done?) but drove it for a hour or so and considering that this car is about 20K less than a new X5 and easily get double the mileage than the X5 it isn't a bad car. Part of it I think is getting used to the electric acceleration vs the off the line torque punch of the X5 but I was able to pull in to traffic from a stand still in the 400 surprisingly well. The ride is very quiet compared to the X5 and the stereo impressive. I still have to figure out how all the systems work but te bottom line is that every minute that i spend in the car I like it more and miss my X5 less. The car is for the wife and is almost a foot shorter and loves it. Looks like I lucked out in spite of myself :blush::D and i really have to commend the guys at the Lexus dealership, they couldn't have been more accomodating even though they made almost nothing on the car (took a peak at the invoice on the car when the finance manager wa out making copies). A class act and I will be seriously thinking about trading in my 7 series this fall when their big sedan comes out with AWD and hybrid.
  • kbsocalkbsocal Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new FWD 400h with Nav, Mark Levinson, and heated seats from Longo Lexus in El Monte (So Cal) for $43,500 (+TTL)- less than the carsdirect price for the area. I agreed to the price over the phone with the internet department. And yes, they did put it in writing in an e-mail back to me. They e-mailed me a credit application which I faxed back. A few hours later, they sent me an interest rate quote and the financial terms of the deal.

When I got to the dealership a few days later, I examined the car, the printed paperwork, and I was out of there with my new car in little over an hour! As smooth a car-buying experience as you can have and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them in the area (a complete opposite experience than with Santa Monica Lexus which tried to change the price on me after I got to the dealership)!

I hope this information helps other prospective purchasers in the area.
  • safeperfsnowsusafeperfsnowsu Member Posts: 16
    Congratulations, looks like you got yours for the dealer's invoice price. My fully loaded AWD was about $400 over invoice. I guess they are heavily discounting the 400h now, surprising that they would have to as it is a phenomenal car. Can't wait to trade my 7 series for the 500+hp LS460L AWD hybrid late this year if the performance in this hybrid is anything to go by!
  • kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    Can you tell me what the MSRP was on the RX400h?

I want to try to configure the car on the website.

I am located in San Pedro and Longo isn't that far away.

Thanks.
  • kbsocalkbsocal Member Posts: 2
    Kenbt,

I configured the car on Carsdirect and Autobytel. I believe the MSRP was around $49,350. Carsdirect will only give you a few options from which to choose (because most of items that are "options" in the 330 are included in the 400h).

I hope that helps.
  • womblewomble Member Posts: 28
    just got my 400h with navigation, mark lev sound, heated seats, and wood trim, for $44.4 carsdirect.com/longo lexus. They even delivered. I love the car! Highly recommend using carsdirect. I will never use a dealer again, expecially after SM Lexus and Keyes gave me the run around. Don't even get me started on Glendale Lexus. Longo were great to deal with and that's where the car ended up coming from.
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    I noticed that Lexus is now offering special leases on the RX400h and there are a great supply of them in S. FL. I am looking for 12k miles a year for 3 years. Car Man do you have the money factor and residuals for this? Thanks.
  • jbryson1jbryson1 Member Posts: 6
    Anyone with current leasing terms for IFS on the 400h for a 24mo/24K lease? I know they hate short term, but, that's what I perfer. I am in the Chicago region, where the economy is doing just ok. What kind of payment should I expect? I am hoping that they will sell the car for about $2000 off sticker, so, the price will be around $47 before ttl. Otherwise, I may go off to Swapalease or Leasetrader - seems like a good number of both 330RX and some 400h's are available on their good sites. Any suggestions of good internet leasing companies? Thanks.
  • lvshanelvshane Member Posts: 4
    I have decided to lease the RX400 and am being offered the following deal. It sounds pretty good to me, but I am wondering what others are getting????

MSRP - $50,500 (Nav, Mark Levinson, etc...)
    Cap cost - $45,000
    15k miles
    36 months
    59% residual (do they normally take this from the cap sot or the MSRP)
    MF = .017
    Monthly payment $675 (incl. tax)

The only up front money is for my first payment. Everything else is wrapped into the lease.

Does this sound like a fair deal?

Thanks for the feedback.
  • suv5suv5 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great deal. Can I ask what dealership? State?
    Thanks.
    Thanks for the reassurance. This is my first time leasing and I tried to study these forums as much as I could before going in to the dealership. Hopefully, it paid off.

The dealership is Lexus of Las Vegas. I originally wanted the RX350 FWD w/nav, but the numbers were high compared to what others were paying for the 06' 330's. The dealer told me they weren't offering any incentives or willing to discount the 350's to near invoice levels. I then searched the net for more info and stumbled across Fleetrates.com. Their prices were the same as the local dealer in Vegas, but they mentioned that Lexus was running specials on the 400h. I worked the numbers with them and like any good buyer, I called my local dealer to see if they could beat it...they did.

If you can't get this deal with your local dealer (I'm sure you can), you may want to give Fleetrates.com a try. they are based in California and can ship just about anywhere. If nothing else, they will give you good solid numbers to use as leverage with your local dealer.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

One last thing. Can anyone tell me whether the residual is based on the MSRP or the Sales price???? My dealer is telling me the MSRP, but I want to confirm this.

Thanks.
    Residual is based on MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info kyfdx, it is much appreciated. You see a ton of these posts every day, does this sound like a fair deal to you?
    I don't really pay that much attention to Lexus prices... But, $675/mo.including tax for a 36mo/45K lease is pretty good for any $50K car.. Especially if your total out of pocket at lease signing is just $675.

I guess the RX400h is one hybrid that is selling for a reasonable price..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• seansarkarseansarkar Member Posts: 5
    So armed with the numbers provided in post # 136 I go to Rockville Lexus and start negotiating on a lease for the RX 400h w/nav. I tell the Sales Person (based on one of the cars I liked) this is what I am looking for:

MSRP: 49,928
    Cap Cost: 45,100
    MF: 0.0017
    Residual: 59%.
    15k miles/yr 36 months

Well he checks with the Gen. Sales Manager and tells me they can do everything except that the Residual will be 57% as that promo expired last month and showed me paperwork from Lexus Financial and tells me that its going to cost me a $1000 more for the lease. Now these are the payments he offered me (supposedly based on the terms mentioned above)...703 /mo with 703 down or 600 something w/4000 down (as I was willing to put down 4000 to lower the payments). I asked him if I could sit w/Gen Sales Manager while he is punching in the numbers so that I could see the details myself..he checks and comes back saying the guy was busy..now this was a Tuesday and I could see all the other Sales People idling away. So, thankfully and good heavens that I did...I tried to get another 500 knocked off the price and when they refused to budge I walked out. BTW, on my way back I called a dealer in VA (coz they are much closer to my house) to check if they could match it based on the #s above and I intentionally did not tell them the monthly payments that Rockville came up with...well they flat out told me to get the car from Rockville. At this point (and I was way too deep into VA) I started thinking that maybe Rockville did offer me the best deal, so I call the sales person at Rockville and offer a $1000 deposit on Visa to hold the car...he gladly agrees on the condition that I come back in 24 hours to complete the deal.

Now imagine my surprise when get back home and I put the numbers on an online lease calculator (making adjustments for the TTL, Acquisition Fees) and realized the monthly payments they offered were way off (close to 100/mo off).

Next Day I call back and explain the issue to the Sales Person..He tells me he can't do anything and cannot explain to me why the #s dont add up as it was the Manager's day off and to check back the next day (i.e., today). Now surpise..surprise..today the Sales Person calls me back (after I left 2 VM messages) saying they can only do the deal with the monthly payments that were mentioned and the reason it doesn't match my calculations is because they used a higher MF...it just left me stunned..after wasting 3 hours w/them 2 days back he comes back to tell me they were not entirely honest. So we end the conversation there...No Deal...but wait its isn't over yet.

So...I get an idea...when dealing w/Sales Person he kept on highlighting that they were giving almost $5000 off. So I call him back and say ok...since the lease didn't work if they would sell me the car for cash at the agreed upon price (i.e., 45,100)..he says that it should not be a problem and will get back to me after checking w/Gen Sales Manager. But just what I had expected..he calls back and tells me that they cant do the price even though 2 days ago that was the price on his worksheet...I could feel the guy feeling bad...but thats that...One thing I have learnt if you want to do a lease do your homework and if possible take a lease calculator with you or use it at the delaership. Incidentally when I had requested access to teh internet they said the lines were down as they were undergoing renovation. I am now going to try and complain about the whole experience to Lexus Corporate and as many Executives as I can get in contact with coz I honestly did not expect this at a Lexus Dealership. Even my Honda dealer is much more honest than these guys!!
  • maa2003maa2003 Member Posts: 2
    I just received a quote for a FWD 400h which included $553 for a "Toyota Direct Advertising" fee. Does anyone know what this is? Shouldn't the advertising be a cost of doing business born by the dealership? Can I avoid paying this? :confuse:
  • zaheerzaheer Member Posts: 23
    Hi Seansarkar,

A lot of us have gone through similar experiences in the past. However, we can use this Forum to learn from each other. I have been leasing for almost 20 years so here are some tips from my experiences:

1. Do not deal with Salesmen when doing a lease. When visiting a dealership or talking on the phone, ask for the Fleet Manager.

2. Don't negotiate the deal right after test-driving the car at the dealership. Make a separate visit to a dealership just for the test drive, get a brochure, and go home. Decide on the options, color, etc. and then request a quote through Edmunds.com or a similar site which will be directed to the Fleet Manager at a local dealership.

3. Plug in the numbers in a Lease Calculator and make sure your monthly payment is acceptable. A good way to verify that your Lease Calculator is accurate is to plug in the numbers from an advertised car and check the results. A lot of the Lease Calculators online add pre-determined amounts for fees, etc. I prefer to use my own spreadsheet.

3. After you request a quote through the Internet, you will get a call or e-mail from the Fleet Manager within 24 - 48 hours. Inform him that you are serious about closing a deal on a car with the selected options and color. Ask him for the following: MSRP, Money Factor, Residual, Term, Lease Inception charge, and Sales Price.

Here is the Lease Formula (confirmed by Lexus and Mercedes-Benz). Plug in your numbers:

Residual = MSRP x Residual Percentage

Monthly Depreciation = (Sales Price - Cap Reduction - Residual) / Number of Months of Lease

Monthly Rental Charge = (Sales Price - Cap Reduction + Residual) * Money Factor

Add the Depreciation and Rental Charge to get your Monthly Payment before taxes

4. Your goal is to get the lowest MF, highest Residual, and lowest Sales Price. Assuming that your credit is excellent, you should be able to get the lowest MF and 0 Cap Cost Reduction. The high Residual will lower your payment and give you the option to walk away from the lease at the end of the term.

I suggest that you negotiate over the phone from home with the Lease Calculator Spreadsheet. Once you reach an agreement on the terms, have the dealer fax you a printout from his computer or e-mail them to you.

My experiences are based on leases on Lexus, Land Rover and Mercedes-Benz. "Your mileage may vary". Good luck on your next attempt.

Zaheer
  • lkforcarlkforcar Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx, What are the MF and residual %'s for the RX400h? Are they different for the FWD and the AWD? Do they residulizing everything or not on some of the options like they do on the HiHy? Looking at the 36mo/36000mi but would also like to know if they are different for the 36mo/45000. Know there is the old 'you have to qualify' thing. Thanks.
    Hi, lkforcar..

I don't have those numbers, but Car_man will..

We don't have a forum specifically for Lease Questions for the hybrid model, but if you post here: Lexus RX 330: Lease Questions, I'm sure that he can answer your questions..

Be sure to emphasize the you need the numbers for the RX400h..

You can be certain that the residuals are different for the higher mileage lease... Typically, the residual decreases 2% when you move from 36K to 45K miles..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• seansarkarseansarkar Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Zaheer for your advice.

I finally picked up the Rx 400h on April 30th and am absolutely loving it. Put on a 100 miles so far at 26.5 mpg (mostly city though).Here's the details of my lease deal from lexus of Silver Spring:

RX 400h AWD w/Nav

MSRP: 49928
    Gross Cap Cost: 45100
    Residual: 57%
    MF: 0.0017
    15k mi/yr 36mos

I think it was a pretty decent deal, I may have been able to knock off another couple of hundred $ but after a month of trying and one terrible experience decided it was finally time to take the plunge.
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    I am contemplating the purchase of the RX400H for cash in NY. I was offered a discount at Rallye Lexus--and a fair trade in (over book). Can anyone tell me of any experiences with this or other NY dealers?
  • krellukrellu Member Posts: 31
    Bay Ridge Lexus,brooklyn,ny.Fair trade and you will get treated like royalty.
  • aileeailee Member Posts: 2
    I was initially offered $500 off sticker only, but contacted many dealers in SoCal and the next move was to $1500 off sticker. With gas prices on the rise in SoCal and the recent media attention to hybrid vehicles, it seems dealers are trying to "scare" buyers into making rash decisions without the full benefit of research and comparative shopping. I looked at postings here and figured they could do better. When I asked a guy at Longo, who insisted $1500 off was the absolute best they could do (and I was supposedly a VIP, having been referred by a Penske), about the postings on Edmunds identifying his dealer as offering $4000+ off sticker, he said they'd had a glut of inventory in the late Feb/early Mar time period, but now, NO ONE has inventory to offer that kind of deal. However, the fleet manager at South Bay agreed to $4000 off and good trade in value, and the entire sales experience there was very calm, no pressure and pleasant (as compared to the scare tactics and hysterics of some of the other guys I talked to). Hope this helps someone now in the market for a RX400h -- I think available deals do fluctuate a great deal, but there's more inventory in SoCal than some of these guys would like you to believe.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I've read on these various forums about
    recommending a fleet manager to do these
    deals. Is there some type of requirement for
    going through the fleet salesmen, such as
    through a coporation or business or can
    anyone contact a fleet manager/sales to get
    quotes? I'm pretty curious how this works, if
    anyone can explain it for me. Thanks.
  • aileeailee Member Posts: 2
    Anybody can call and ask for the fleet manager and I think these days, if you fill out internet requests for quotes, an internet manager (same, I've been told, as fleet manager) is the one to reach out to you. You can fill out a request for quotes form right here on edmunds. These guys will cut to the chase with you -- they must be the guys in the back that all sales and show room floor guys have to "go check with" when you're trying to negotiate with them! :D
  • suv5suv5 Member Posts: 4
    Ended up with RX 400h AWD, DVD navig,heated seats, wood trim kit, chrome wheels, etc. MSRP $51,308. Cap cost $47,574. Monthly payment $697.,drive off $1,120.,15k yr/ 36 mos lease. Love the car. Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA.
    By the way, CarsDirect.com would not lower the price from full MSRP because of lack of inventory of the model, options I wanted.
  • west44west44 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Atlanta and I just got a quote on the Level I 400h with heated seats and a bluetooth package (not the nav. system though) for $43,273 - does this sound like a good deal?
  • west44west44 Member Posts: 2
    I just got this internet quote for $43,273 for a new 2006 Level I (with heated seats and blue tooth package). Is this a good deal?
  • rxfan1rxfan1 Member Posts: 2
    One dealership here in SoCal claiming that the residuals for RX400h just dropped this weekend by 2% across the board.

Carman - Is this true? The 400h 36 mo/12k miles used to have 58% and 0.0017? Do you have anby updates for us?

Thank you.
  • dtezladtezla Member Posts: 88
    The residual is now 57% in Eastern PA with AWD (56% with the rear entertainment). A 2% drop in residual is quite common at the end of a model year.
  • cdfwifecdfwife Member Posts: 37
    I highly considered the 400 right before I bought my GX, decided I still needed all the kid seats for a few more years, then I might switch to the 400. When I got my GX at Crown in So Cal, they quoted me invoice, and offered my friend a 330 for invoice as well. I asked about the pricing and inventory on the 400, and my internet salesperson said that the sales were not all that hot because people 1) were disappointed to hear that they could not drive them in the HOV lanes just because they are hybrids, 2) because the tax breaks have a finite number of cars they can be offered on, and 3) because the mileage is not all that hot for the steep price. I would agree with the earlier posts that this SUV is a great way to get improved performance with not-so bad mileage. If you really want the great mileage, the Prius is probably a better choice. But the 400 drives like a dream and flies. I think most dealers would like us to believe that these cars are flying off the shelves, but they are not. My friend ended up with the 330, and my sister in law has the 400. They actually have a few features that I wish my GX had, and both are very happy with their cars. Happy shopping.
  • pbscalpbscal Member Posts: 2
    I'm not getting the lease terms mentioned on this board. Instead of:

Money factor .0017
    Residual .57

I'm being told that the best that can be done is:

Money factor .0020
    Residual .54

This is through Lexus for a 36mo. 15K mile per year lease. I'm in So. Cal and have tried Longo who gave me a small, but not compelling, discount on the car, Vista and Oxnard had the same rates. How are the rest of you getting the rates discussed in this thread?
  • amg123amg123 Member Posts: 4
    It sounds great to me. I am just starting the "looking" process. Would you please let me know if you ever completed this order, and if it turned out satisfactory? Thanks! Andrea
  • dmemmolodmemmolo Member Posts: 2
    We are in Northern Cal and just got these #'s for a 2006 RX400H AWD w/nav.

Money factor: .003
    Residual: 55%
    Cap Cost: 47,370
    36 mths/45,000 miles

Anyone have thoughts on these #'s? Should we wait until the'07 (I assume it'll have a better residual)?