Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ally123ally123 Member Posts: 3
    Could you post MSRP and how much off that? Just trying to compare against what others have posted and most have gone by MSRP.
  • navtejnavtej Member Posts: 19
    did you get any quotes after the 6000 incentive
    could i have some input what dealership? and which model with what specifications?
    thanks
  • gerri1gerri1 Member Posts: 11
    After looking at this forum and seeing the pricing, we have a quote for the above with the mark levinson premium audio system package with additonal options ($7890). The total MSRP with delivery, processing and handling is $52,195. We have a walk off the lot price of $41,837, which is the quote I have from another dealer in CA (we have the option of buying in either state). What do you think? good deal?

P.S. I really don't like the look of the new 2010 450h, so I have no incentive to wait for this new body style.
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Can you divulge from which dealers you have this quote? I am in Snoqualmie and am curious...both locally and in CA. Thanks!
    Sure...Lexus of Bellevue is where I have the matching quote which was from Stevens Creek down in San Jose. We work with Brian from Lexus of Bellevue and so far, we've really liked him.
    hi, what exactly was included in your $41,837 price? did that include all fees and taxes?
    I received a quote from Steven Creek for a 2008 400h with mark levinson and an IPOD adapter installed for $41,383.
    and coincidentally, there is a Brian at the Stevens Creek dealership as well (also very nice) and his quote is $41,383 with the IPOD adapter installed.
  • fatcat60fatcat60 Member Posts: 5
    A newbie here, so have patience please.

Saw a few new 2008 400h's at the local Lexus dealer. Said Lexus is apportioning them around just ahead of 2010's coming out. "Big incentives" (no specifics). Told me to come up with a number.

OK, so here's what I consider a place to start discussion: KBB resale value (http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/ResaleValue/2008_Lexus_RX 400h_197927.aspx)
    If this is the value of the car after I walk out of the dealership, with credit for low (no!) mileage, why shouldn't they have to shoulder some of that depreciation for having to sell a 2 year old car (albeit off the lot)???

If I'm wacked, where would you start negotiations? 6000 off invoice? But that doesn't account for depreciation, does it?
  • jofam1jofam1 Member Posts: 21
    $41, 383 is the price before taxes and registration, correct?
    So the Walk-off-the-lot price, including taxes and registration, would be over $45,000?

I am not comfortable with the "mouse" on the 2010 model , and so, like you, am only looking at the older model in the Bay Area. Thank you for your reply.
  • galun999galun999 Member Posts: 2
    I got mine at Lexus of Pleasenton from Eric Hanson.

I negotiated with over 10 bay area dealerships and he gave me the best deal.
    what was your out the door price ?in my county the tax is 7.25
    i wanted to close the deal beforeis april what was you out the door price with what specifications
    thanks
  • vaterp37vaterp37 Member Posts: 1
    bought 1 at lindsay lexus for 41k otd and my father got a deal at lexus silver spring for 40k otd. both msrp were 51k
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    Could you give me more detail number on ur dad 40K deal? Because what lexus SS ask me way higher than your dad deal. Thx
  • WhichSUVWhichSUV Member Posts: 6
    Is the 6000K incentive on the 400h still good?
  • needanewcar77needanewcar77 Member Posts: 5
    CarMan:

What are the April 09 MF and Residuals on the 2008 RX400h?
    Have they gotten any better from March?

P.S.
    Your forum here is invaluable! I feel sorry for those who go to purchase or lease without browsing these forums. Thank you.
  • alexandercalexanderc Member Posts: 3
    Looking at 2010 HH but the 2008 400h's caught my eye. Both are in the low 40's --any thoughts on going with the 2 year old 400h? It rides nice--haven't owned a Lexus before. Thanks
    Another newbie...was looking at the 10 Highlander Hybrid for low 40's but intrigued by the 2008 400h...listed new in low $50's but going now in low $40's--seems like good value--what compelled you to look at these vs a new car?
    Just picked up my new RX 400h (bought the 2008 which really is the 2009 model because i did not like the new 2010). I bought it in March while the dealer in Seattle area (Bellevue) was anxious to make their Q2 numbers. Got the $6000 incentive plus some so the final price was $41,600 with an out the door price with taxes of $45+. It's loaded with Mark Levinson, etc. When I picked up the car, the dealer told me they only have a handful of 400h's left and they are no longer doing the $6000 incentive. I don't know if that's because it's not offered or because they don't feel like they have to. Seattle (Bellevue) isn't a very competitive market so perhaps it's the latter. Hope this helps.
    Has been quiet here since middle of April. Dealerships and customers are awaiting the arrival of the 2010 Hybrids. I'm still interested in picking up a 2008 400h--best price thus far is from Len Stoler at $39,400...anyone seeing better deals in the DC area? Thanks, :)
  • tcheungtcheung Member Posts: 6
    Does anybody know which dealership in the Dallas / Ft. Worth and surrounding area offers the best deal for the 400h? TIA.
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    I closed the deal on 08 400h for 41500 OTD (incl 6% MD tax and fees).
  • mreed704mreed704 Member Posts: 1
    Just left Lexus of Easton in Columbus OH. They have an 08 400h-taking $7000 of MSRP to bring it to $43981 but WILL NOT BUDGE on this price, from what I've been reading, this sounds high. Any other recent Ohio offers/purchases?
    Thanks
  • theyaretheyare Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2008 RX400h. Thinking about one of the upsells they promoted in the finance manager office. Multi shield protection program for 5 years, around $800.

Includes application of paint sealant and protectant as well as interior leather protectant. Includes annual re-application.

Includes minor dent & ding repair - can be done any time for non paint dings.

Windshield replacement.

All work done by the lexus service department at the dealer I purchased.

Any thoughts?
  • Ares1XAres1X Member Posts: 3
    So where are you located and what did you end up paying? The dealer here in Orlando has 2 (blk/blk and silver/gray) that they are advertising for 10K off.
  • varx400hvarx400h Member Posts: 4
    Just bought one today (Memorial Day) at Sheehy in Annapolis, MD...with NAV, Premium Plus package, and several other options...MSRP 51064, sale price of 39,933.50. OTD with Virginia sales taxes at 41.2k. So sounds high to me.
    Had problems getting Lindsay or Pohanka to come down from about 43k, so called Sheehy in Annapolis and got one with AWD, NAV, Premium Plus, graphite alloy wheels, heated seats/rain sensing wipers, towing prep, wood trim, preferred acc. package, & all weather mats...51k msrp, 39,9k sales price ... OTD for 41.2k (VA tax)
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    Yep. Brian's a good guy when he's engaged. Was reasonable when negotiating an '09 350. I'd buy another from him - as long as he stays focused.
  • nycom99nycom99 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for this post! Great information! I just had a quote from them on the same vehicle for $41.9k (plus destination fees)! Did your $39.9k include destination and ad fees? Was there an advertised special that weekend?

Edmunds says there is a $6k manufacturer to dealer incentive again this month. At a sales price of over $42k (when including destination fees), Sheehy stands to make over $9k on the deal they quoted me (I found dealer cost to be a little over $39k on www.truecar.com). While I know dealers need to make a profit, making ~20 - 25% is too much!

Lindsay told me they no longer had 2008 models. I have contacted, but have not heard back from Pohanka.
    39,900 included destination and adv. The only things it did not include were taxes, title, tags, and $100processing. Total out the door was 41,2something. Perhaps since we bought on Memorial Day, and it was the end of the month. Keep dealing...good luck!
  • joshiajayjoshiajay Member Posts: 1
    Any chance you could scan your bill of sale? (with your personal info blacked out of course) I'm going to try and negotiate with a couple of dealers here in Chicago and it would be great to show someone got this price from a real dealer.
  • cphdncphdn Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help me discern what a good price would be for an 06 400h with AWD and about 40k miles? Looking around, seems like most CPO cars go between 29-32k sticker. I am in Northern California - anyone have an opinion on what a good deal is here? I am not in a rush but would like to be able seize a good deal if one presents itself. Thanks!
  • jomabu1jomabu1 Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking for the same! I tried to get a CPO for $27.5 but they wouldn't bite. Within 75 miles of my home there are 91 400hs listed on Autotrader. If I had that info prior to arriving at the dealership, that might have helped. I've seen non CPOs for $24g to $27.5. With so many on the market it will probably only be a short time before I get my price. What colors are you looking at?
  • cphdncphdn Member Posts: 2
    looking at darker colors, not too picky. in general with the 2010 hybrids coming out, I think time is on our side. just silly for them to sit on all this inventory and on top of that try to bone me on my trade in.
  • cmolony1cmolony1 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, I looked at an 06 400h CPO w/ Nav today, it only has 15k miles on it and it's in great condition. Comes w/ 3yr 100,000 mile warranty. They quoted me $34,950 before taxes, etc. Is this a good deal? The low mileage and excellent condition I think make this an attractive car, but I was hoping they would come down on the price a bit more from the orig. $35,900.
    The salesman insisted that they don't get too many hybrids and they don't stick around long. I am in New Orleans.

Thanks
  • mikey38mikey38 Member Posts: 141
    Don't fall for it. It's pure profit for the dealership and no benefit for you.
  • rx450hrx450h Member Posts: 5
    I know demand for the RX 450h is high and that coupled with short supply does not make for the best of leasing conditions -- from the customer's perspective. Still, I was quoted .00295 MF, which at more than 7 percent seems really high. (The 57% residual seems fine on a 36 month/15k annual). On $52,500 MSRP, the dealer's coming off $1,500, so there's that, but that still leaves the monthly at north of $820.

Any indications on if LFS support may change in the short term for the 450h? Or it just is what it is? :cry:
  • cypress_pointcypress_point Member Posts: 3
    Car man - what's the money factor for a returning lexus owner/lessor?
    Also what are the residual factors for 15K and 20K/36 months?
    thanks
  • rmiamirmiami Member Posts: 3
    3 weeks ago my 2006 400h was totaled. A Ford compact traveling at a high speed ran the red light and hit my right side back tire then spun around and hit the right front tire. My 400 was moved over 1 lane and the estimate was $20,000 plus to repair. I knew the car would never be the same.
    Neither my passenger or I suffered any injuries which says a lot for the 400h,
    The other good news is that I took delivery of my new 2110 RX 450h last Thursday. The insurance settlement was more than fair. I wanted the GPS package, but the car came with several extras. Paid $1,000 under MSRP plus the all weather floor mats were thrown in.
    As much as I loved my 400h, the 2010 is a much better car. I have mastered about 25% of the bells and whistles and adding to my knowledge bank each day.
  • mikkumikku Member Posts: 9
    Hi, We bought a new 2010 AWD 450H yesterday. Very happy with it so far.
    got 2.5k < MSRP in South Bay area (CA)

I had quick question about card key. The manual says there should be a card key along with 2 electronic keys, but dealer tells me there are no card keys for 450Hs. Anyone knows what;s the deal here?

Thanks
  • rmiamirmiami Member Posts: 3
    :shades: Was not offered a card key, nor did I ask. Did not know about it until I read my owners manual. I have to keep slapping my right hand when I reach for the key to turn off the car.
  • chk1144chk1144 Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    3 month study, 9 dealers searching, 3.9k < msrp NY area.
    finally I got it. I still love rx450h. driving 1 day.
  • srjacobssrjacobs Member Posts: 6
    I am considering special ordering a RX450h. When I proposed a price that I would be willing to pay - the dealer's response was that the invoice wasn't really what they paid for the vehicle and that between the add expense and the floor planning interest expense - their cost was actually about 1000 more than invoice. To me - for a special order car - the floor planning cost to the dealer should be nil because they are not carrying the car in their inventory for sale. Perhaps they do get charged it up front - but I would expect that to be kicked back to the dealer after the sale is done.

Are either one of these fees real? Is the dealer justified in asking for these over and above the invoice price?
  • texamau1texamau1 Member Posts: 42
    hi,
    what's the name of the dealership? I talked to Lexus of Edison, and the sale person said he will not go lower than MSRP for the 450h, since it's high in demand :(
  • ssoomanssooman Member Posts: 7
    Hi. I am now trying to negotiate the price on my ordered cerellian blue 450h. Seems there is not much room for negotiations but I hope to get about 4000 off a Msrp of 53000. Is this realistic? I am still planning on shopping around however. I am going to the dealer who is ordering for me to conduct my negotiations today. I will let you know how it goes. I live in the New york area.
  • jimnjjimnj Member Posts: 6
    Looking for a decent price on 450H in North Jersey. I also want to trade in my Jeep 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited which they are giving me about 13,600 for. Best price has been 36,000 out the door. I was hoping for better - anybody with good experiences in NJ? If I can't get it down I am going to get the 2010 Highlander Hybird when it comes out.
  • texamau1texamau1 Member Posts: 42
    hi Jimnj,
    is the 36k is before or after the trade also what are the options do you have (nav,RES,etc) pkg?
    I'm assuming it's after the trade in (which means the 450h is ~ 49K). if it have the RES (rear entertainment system) pkg then it's a good deal. Let me know the dealer name (if you don't mind :)
  • jjc204jjc204 Member Posts: 1
    Please do tell the dealership name or location. I know you spent a lot of time and effort to research, but I would like to know which dealer gave you the best deal. Obviously I am quoting all the metro NY dealers like brooklyn, queens, ny, but if you got the deal from one of the long island dealers or one upstate or wherever, please let me know. I can even let the dealership know you recommended them. I may even custom-order one, but want to give the business to a dealer that someone else has had a good experience with.

Thank you very much.