Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• burnsvaburnsva Member Posts: 35
    The MSRP for the 2009 FEH FWD Limited (no options) is $30,635 plus destination/delivery charge of $695 and of course tax, tags, processing fees. I had my dealer write out exactly what cost what (no hidden surprises). I got my delear to agree to $875 below MSRP plus a $500 rebate at delivery - but anything below MSRP is a good deal.
  • neuroboy002neuroboy002 Member Posts: 24
    Hello,

I am a student and trying to purchase a FEH 2009 around $30K. I posted above regarding a dealership in Orange County, California offering $30K but with taxes and licensing, the final cost is just over $32K. What is the policy with X-plan numbers? Do dealerships have to honor them or is it by choice? Does anyone have an X-Plan number I can use? I do plan to order within the next few weeks.

If someone can help me out, my e-mail is roysreceptive at gmail.com

Thanks and any advice or help would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your experience. How did you get a rebate? I was told by a dealer that Ford was not offering them. Also, do you know anything about tax deduction?
    If you join the American Quarter Horse Association (annual cost $35 - general membership) and are a member for at least 60 days prior to taking delivery, you qualify for a $500 rebate.

http://www.aqha.com/membershipapp.html

Regarding the tax credit, it looks like those that purchase and take delivery by the end of Sep '08 (at least) should qualify for the full credit ($3,000 for FWD, $2,200 for 4WD - amounts subject to change with '09 model). Here are some useful links:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=167435,00.html

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157557,00.html

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=157632,00.html

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=176409,00.html

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=161076,00.html
  • fmorrisofmorriso Member Posts: 52
    As of May 21, 2008, my 2009 FEHL that I ordered on April 20, 2008 has not been scheduled for production. My dealer reports my order is “clean, but not scheduled”.

Has anyone else who ordered around the same time been told, via the official Ford ordering computer at their dealer, that their vehicle has been scheduled for production?

I hope this will help straighten out the confusion about when the FEH/FEHL will be scheduled vs. the gasoline models. One source of information says scheduling for all 2009 Escapes began May 15 while another says May 15 was for gasoline models while hybrids won’t be scheduled until mid-September. Others say the mid-September scheduling date is for fleet sales and that we should believe that scheduling of the hybrids began on May 15.

In this age of computers, I would hope that a retail order placed within the first three days of the official ordering date would be scheduled by now. Then again, if somebody at Ford is doing the scheduling by pushing little magnets around on a board or using chalk and a blackboard, I might need to wait a bit longer. :)
  • rnargrnarg Member Posts: 27
    Unless your dealer has some type of special relationship with his Ford factory rep, plan on waiting 4 to 5 months for delivery.
    On another site I read a post by someone who said that their Ford dealer told them that scheduling of all Escapes (Hybrid & Gasoline) have been delayed approximately one week, but his dealer expected for the scheduling to be done within the next week or so. My order is in the system as well and ready to be scheduled as soon as Ford begins scheduling. I wouldn't expect to see many prior to the end of July or early August. Since I didn't order mine until May 8th, I don't think I'll see it until around August 15th.
    I'm not so much interested in when delivery is expected as I am in knowing if your order has been scheduled. :confuse:
    According to this article in the Kansas City star, it sounds like the plant where the Ford Escape Hybrid is built is working overtime while the rest of Ford either has or is gettng ready to cut back on production of trucks and SUVs:
    http://www.kansascity.com/business/v-print/story/632189.html
  • troybarwicktroybarwick Member Posts: 9
    I just tried to order an 09 at Rick Hunt Ford in Warrenton, VA. The salesman told me they won't be able to take orders until August. What's the deal?
    That's wrong. My dealer entered my order on April 20, exactly three days after first day ordering opened up.
    I encountered the same thing with some dealers in VA. Most of which are trying to sell '08s. My sugestion, find another dealer. Ted Britt in Fairfax, Purvis in Fredericksburg or Richmond Ford in Richmond.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Member Posts: 28
    This would seem to support the fleet only delay issue. Funny that a material hold would apply only to fleet orders...

http://www.arifleet.com/efnews/ef2008/EF804.pdf
  • ursacatursacat Member Posts: 32
    Just wanted to see if anyone has received any more definitive information on delivery re. orders for the 2009 FEH. Just FYI. I placed my order on a 2009 Limited FWD, (no Nav, w/ Step bars) on 5/7/07 here in the SF Bay Area. Priced out on the X-Plan at apporx $29,400. Have not received any info yet on delivery.
    Nope. My 2009 FEHL was put into the order system on April 20, 2008. It's still marked as "clean, but not scheduled". I'm monitoring www.kansasCity.com's Claycomo (the place where the FEH and FEHL are built) RSS feed to see if there is any more news about the UAW folks working overtime and Saturdays to catch up, but haven't seen anything new/relevant for a while now.
  • bjcarterbjcarter Member Posts: 28
    I've got to believe that the FEH will save that Claycomo plant for the foreseeable future... http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=1894063
    Hello - That's great you got an X-plan for the FEHL. Initially, my dealer and I were going to settle on $30K for that model until I attained an X-Plan pin. We have yet to go through the paperwork, but hopefully that will happen this week. My FEHL will have not have Navigation or the step bars. Are you able to send me your invoice (?) I am so curious. I would love to see it. Anyhow let me know vis these reply messages and I'll send post my e-mail.

Thanks and congratulations!
    Hi - I'm in the same spot (although we have agreed verbally on X-Plan pricing.) All I have right now is the Vehicle Order Confirmation w/ the pricing. I have asked the dealer (yesterday) to get into contract. As soon as I have it I will make available. I think all the dealers are in the same boat - lack of production/delivery commitment from the factory.

Regards,
  • ddawesddawes Member Posts: 14
    On 5/7/08 I placed an order with my local Ford dealer for a FEH. At that time they estimated that July (no specific week) would be the earliest for delivery. I checked with the dealer on 5/27 and when they checked their factory orders, my order was listed as "Locked-In", and has a VIN assigned. I was told that "locked-In" means the vehicle is scheduled to be built, however they do not know the exact date it will be built. They said that they usually don't hear anything from Ford until there is an ETA of delivery. I'm still hoping for a July delivery, but there's no guarantee on delivery. Based on other posts I've read, I'm pleased to see that I'm this far along.
    I'm going to forward a copy of your post to my salesman, asking why my order dated April 20 hasn't progressed while an order taken well after mine already has a VIN assigned.
    Good Luck. I hope everything I was told is correct. It's funny how everyone is getting different information on the same type of vehicle. I guess I'll know for sure when the vehicle shows up!
    Per guidelines of this forum, can you post the dealership name, city and state you ordered from? Don't post the salesperson's name.

I ordered from Koons Ford in Sterling, Virginia.
  • wyatt8itwyatt8it Member Posts: 2
    I have a VIN! I talked to my dealer today and my order that I placed on April 18th for a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited has a VIN and is scheduled for production. My dealer told me that the order is showing up as "Locked-In" status and has a VIN number. However, he needs to talk with the Ford Rep to find out the exact date it was scheduled for production.

My dealer is located in North Carolina.
    What city in North Carolina is the dealer located in?

My dealer says that since they are not in the Washington, DC "district", they may have a different allocation or that particular dealer accepted more than the usual allocation amount.

I'm not sure how that translates into getting VIN's on orders quicker, but since my April 20, 2008 order doesn't have a VIN yet, there must be something going on that hasn't been fully explained to me for why orders taken after mine (e.g., one dated May 7) have jumped ahead of mine.
    It would be helpful if people who have gotten VIN's could give a description of what they ordered and any options added (or if it were a FTO). Scheduling could be impacted by specifics such as availability of certain materials (new navigation system) or even the new paint colors which could account for some people getting scheduled over others.
  • alfredckalfredck Member Posts: 9
    Hi everyone.

I'm a new member but have been following this thread for a while now. I'm looking to order the 2009 FEHL under the X-Plan but am deciding which dealership I should go with. Is it better to go with a larger dealership, or does it not matter?

I went to my neighborhood dealership on Wednesday and they wouldn't take my order because they won't receive their allocations until next Monday. That made me think... does larger dealerships have more allocations? If so, would larger allocations have any impact on the ordering and production scheduling? Would they also have better relationships with Ford reps and therefore maybe able to get orders scheduled and delivered faster? Or does it not matter?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • wyatt8itwyatt8it Member Posts: 2
    fmorriso,

I ordered the 2009 Ford Escape Limited Hybrid 4WD. I ordered the "Suede White" color. I didn't add any options to my vehicle.

When I ordered my vehicle on April 18th, my dealer told me that the dealership was allocated ten 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids (I am not sure if that was for the rest of the year or not). I do know that I was the first person to order one at my dealership, but there were 4 other people with deposits down.

I hope this helps. Thanks.
    Excellent point about scheduled = FunctionOf(option availability)

My options on my U59/750A/WS (FEHL in White Suede) are:
    60N - Navigation System
    187 - side step bars

You'd think my order status would be "Material Hold" or something similar if there was a problem with availability on one or more of the options in my order, but perhaps I'm giving the Ford ordering system more credit than it deserves in terms of its level of sophistication?
    I ordered from Uhlmann Motors in Chehalis, WA. I was told that dealers can't order FEH for their "stock", only customer orders at this time. Mine, a FWD, is the only order for a FEH from this dealer as of last Tuesday. They also told me not to be surprised if a rep from Ford calls to confirm I actually ordered the vehicle. I have not received a call. I did not order any options, as what I wanted was now standard.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,303
    dealers are not obligated to accept x-plan.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I was told tonight by the dealer that our order placed on 5/7 has been assigned a VIN #. Supposed to get a bit more information early next week. For the record
    U49/T9/5/S/350A - FWD Limited (no Nav, w/ Step Bars) T9 (Black Pearl.) That's about it for now. I'll be sure to post when I have more info!

Regards,
  • ericc5vettericc5vett Member Posts: 2
    Those of you that have ordered the new color "White Suede", how do you know what it is going to look like? I have ordered a 2009 FEH Limited FWD with Nav & side steps, in Black, but thinking of changing to the "White Suede" if I could just see what it looks like somewhere...
    I walked the dealers lot and found a larger 2008 Ford SUV (Explorer, but not sure exactly) that was painted White Suede (according to the window sticker).

I figure Ford is adjusting the color availability on the 2009 Escape based on the inventory of paint they have in stock. Perhaps they have an excess supply of WS they need to use up? Only a Ford insider will know for sure.
    The Ford Dealership I have been in contact with for the past couple of weeks said they could not get me an X-Plan price until they could get an invoice which in turn could not be attained until I ordered the vehicle and it was built and delivered. They also told me that the X-plan price would only be about $50 above or below the invoice.

What does everyone think? Am I getting straight answers?

Since paperwork cannot be processed on a Sunday, I think I am going to try another dealership on Monday.
    Just based on my limited experience in placing an order on a FEH 2009 Limited (No Nav, Step Bars) the only exception I see is the inability to provide a firm price until "built and delivered." You might want to clarify this. The guidance your getting on the X-Plan pricing within $50 of the invoice is consistent with my Vehicle Order Confirmation.

Regards,
  • sksuhsksuh Member Posts: 13
    My ecoAuto rebate for a 2008 FEH took 21 weeks from the time the application was mailed until the cheque (or check, as they write in the USA) was received.

My wait time for the factory order of this 2008 FEH took only 12 weeks (May 15-Aug 17, 2008). Good thing that the Government of Canada isn't building vehicles as well.

Stephen @ Canmore, AB
  • yvrcodyyvrcody Member Posts: 6
    Hmmm, my ecoAuto rebate came really fast, I received my $2000 cheque/check from the government in just 8 weeks. However it took 5 months for my FEH to arrive. Either way I'm not complaining since there was no provincial/state sales tax either so I saved another $2000 there as well. (Yeah, I know you have no sales tax out there in AB). That being said, Canadians also seem to pay way more for our vehicles than they do in the US. Just look at the prices on ford.ca

I must say it was worth the wait. I really like my FEH. I have had it since Feb. and now that I have a few miles logged on it, I have noticed my gas milage has really improved. I get just over 30 MPG. I live in the city and all my driving is in town and I don't get on the highway too much. In rush hour trafic I can often drive for blocks and blocks without using a drop of gas, on electric power alone.
  • rnargrnarg Member Posts: 27
    I am an owner of a 2008 FEH, 4WD, purchased new , waited approx 11 weeks, and pleased with my overall 30 MPG. (Note: at 2000 to 3000 miles I was getting 28 MPG but now with 6,500 miles, mileage has improved to 30 average. Except for making sure my tires are inflated properly and pressing the accelerator like there is an egg between the sole of my shoe and the accelerator, I drive the same as I do my conventionally powered vehicles. So, as I said, I am pleased with the vehicles performance and MPG.----------BUT!-----I just received my Free Ford Magazine entitled "Electrifying", and low and behold, read that Ford is currently testing a fleet of Ford Escape Hybrids in CA that recharge when plugged into a regular (120) household electrical outlet. "The Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid prototype has a high-voltage lithium-ion battery that can be recharged in about 7 hours, providing a range of 30-40 miles. That's the average distance most people travel in a day. (per Ford). If you need to go farther, the gas engine kicks in and the vehicle operates like a standard Ford Escape Hybrid"

This will be quite a vehicle for those of us who do most of our driving locally and not over 50 miles per day. Let's see, what will your average MPG be if you limit your driving to 40 miles per day? and at that level how could there be anything greener.
    ( All you math majors out there, please let me know what my average MPG will be if I only drive 30-40 miles per day in this vehicle assuming I recharge each night) (Will this mean that I can place my gasoline credit card in a Vacation Only folder?)

For those of you who are contemplating a 2009 and are discouraged with the wait times for delivery, I would think very hard and consider waiting if you can for this plug-in Escape.-----This plug-in Escape Hybrid will be a winner even at the initial 30-40 miles per day range.
  • cathy314cathy314 Member Posts: 1
    I happened to go to a Ford dealer today and sat down and similarly asked what myprice would be on a 2009 Escape Hybrid Limited with the X plan. I was also told that the vehicle had to be ordered in order to get X plan pricing. However, the salesman flashed a purchase order in front of me for another customer that he claimed he had ordered the same vehicle for this week. He told me that X-plan would save approximately $2000.00 on the LImited version, and the invoice had a price of $30,000 and some change (I didn't look extremely close, as I wasn't sure if I was going to get the same options --but it was definitely less than $31).
    I am planning on ordering one this week from somewhere, but am still confused about colors (can't they be found on line anywhere) and whether to get AWD or FWD(for the better mileage). Does anyone know if the 2009 still lacks traction control on the 2WD? I had one salesman who "didn't know" and one that told me that it still lacked traction control and that he recommended AWD since I live in Michigan. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    Hello,

Honestly, as great as the vehicle is, $30K for x-plan sounds like a lot after shopping around. One dealership offered me $30K + a $500 rebate (no x-plan). Look at post #376. This member claims to have an x-plan offer for the 2009 FEHL for $29,495 with the step bars. Get the model with out the step bars and the price drops to $29,100 which sounds a lot better. Tomorrow, I am supposed to get a call from another dealership about X-plan pricing. I was specific about my price being below $30K.

If member ursacat could verify their invoice for this x-plan price of $29,495 and perhaps post their deal, that would help negate any pricing questions some of us may have. I will post whatever I find tomorrow. I hope I actually get a quote.
  • vdepuyvdepuy Member Posts: 8
    I'm trying to place an order for a 2009 FEHL using X-plan pricing but having the worst time getting a dealership to honor that pricing. I've had multiple dealerships say they wouldn't, and 3 to date say that they would and then back out when I went to order. 2 of them said the dealership/management had changed their mind, and one (Hendersonville, NC) said they wouldn't because I wasn't "local".

I have the name of one dealership which should honor X-plan on the FEH/FEHL but it's 12 hours away (Michigan; I'm near Raleigh, NC). I know multiple people here have successfully ordered 09 FEHs via X-plan; would you be willing to post the dealership name and location?

I'd like to find somewhere closer to order from; virtually everything from Orlando to western Kentucky to NYC is within a 12 hour drive, so there should be at least a few willing dealerships closer by.

Thanks in advance!
  • vdepuyvdepuy Member Posts: 8
    FINALLY got someone to order the FEHL for me w/ X-plan pricing - and no run-around (at least no obvious one - keeping my fingers crossed)!

I'm getting the FEHL w/ FWD and no add-ons. She gave me a screen shot of the order. It showed:

Hybrid limited FWD: MSRP 30,635 Invoice 28,358
    Destination & delivery: 695
    FDAF: 360
    3 gallons of gas: 11.34
    Total: MSRP 31,330 Invoice 29,424

X-plan: 29.381.64 (plus tax & tags)

On the run-around note, a local dealer told me yesterday that I could be placed on the list to order, once they could order - of course being on the list included a $500 deposit - but they didn't know when they'd be able to place an order. Seemed very odd, given the other postings on this list. Then when I asked him to check on that, because I wasn't satisfied with the explanation, he came back and said the owner just announced they wouldn't do X-plan on FEH.
    Which made me even more happy to find the dealer I ordered with today!
    Have you taken a look at the most recent post regarding X-plan pricing for the FEHL by vdepuy? Is it the same invoice you are receiving?
    Congratulations on finally getting your order through! I've been trying for the past few weeks but to no avail. I didn't know it would be this difficult. I was wondering if you could scan your paperwork and send me a file of your X-plan pricing? Let me know so I can give you my e-mail. I want to be prepared when I go to other dealerships this week.
    From my salesman at my Ford dealership this morning: "Ford has pushed production of the '09 hybrids to the middle of July or the 1st of August."
  • monkeyboy4monkeyboy4 Member Posts: 2
    Vdepuv-

Was that a Triangle dealer? I am in Durham and thinking about an '09 FEH. Knowing who doesn't give the run around would be great.
    Hi,

My VOC is very close to member vdepuy.

FEH-Limited
    FWD
    No Nav
    Step Bars
    Black Pearl

x-Plan $29,380, Dlr Invoice $29,422 (with all the Destination and Delivery charges)
    I was told last Saturday that the vehicle has a VIN. I'm awaiting Production/Delivery info - and a P.O. to sign (although the dealer has been very communicative.)

Dealer is in Sonoma Cty, CA. (north of S.F.)

Regards,
    Just talked to a dealership about X-plan for the 2009 FEHL. The final cost was nearly identical to member vdepuy -

$29,381; Included are the Destination & Delivery Charge ($695) and
    FDAF (advertising fee, $360)

This is model will have no accessories - no step bar, navigation etc. No negotiating on price. They wouldn't budge on a decrease in the D & D or the FDAF fee. I think the FDAF fee is asinine considering the vehicle hasn't been advertised in any way but through these and other forums. Has anyone else seen posters, commercials or any campaigns? I guess the increasing gas prices has been the biggest advertiser for a hybrid.

This is the second dealership that has told me actual production of of FEH won't begin until the end of June. They are not expected to be on the lots until the end of August, at the earliest.

This last dealership said that fleet models have already been ordered and will be on the lots before the individual vehicle orders. If you have the opportunity to switch your vehicle to one that is already ordered in the fleet, it would be advantageous.

I am not sure why the first dealership with whom I have been working with (Tustin, CA) has taken 3 weeks (and counting) to give me an X-plan number. I was giving the salesman the benefit of the doubt and because he was working hard and I thought he was a good guy, I wanted him to have the commission. This last dealership (Huntington Beach, CA) gave me an X-Plan price in less than 10 minutes. It's also very close to my house which means I could walk to the dealership and then drive home.... :)

HB Ford informed me that the last of the 2008 FEs and FEHs are being built in June which is one reason why the 2009s won't be in production until month's end. This dealership is still scheduled to have 5 FEHs and 8 FEs (all 2008s) delivered.
    Thank you, ursacat! It looks like they threw in the step bars for you. That's a good deal.
    You know, I need to check on the Step Bars. They didn't throw anything in. They may have missed this. I'll let you all know.
    Regards,