Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• kvd2pallakvd2palla Member Posts: 29
    Holy Cow !!!! I just noticed the same thing on my car!!!! I just hit 11,000 miles, and I too am tired of all BS. I have had the dash worked on 8 times, this car has been a real downer...especially after about 2000 miles. Did you called Lexus N.A? If so, what they offer to do for compensation and or resolution. They have my car now, I am now looking at the 530xi...Shame on me buying a first year production car. Did they ever find the issue? or did you throw the towel...
  • kfolkfol Member Posts: 5
    I did call Lexus and was told that having the regional rep review the issue was the last step and arbitration is the only thing left available to me. I think at this point I'm the "bear in the shooting gallery" here with the tire mfg and Lexus pointing at each other. I am waiting for a letter from Lexus re-capping their decision not to honor the warranty claim. I haven't tried going to the tire mfg yet, not sure if I'll bother as I'm sure they will just point back at Lexus and it will just waste more of my time. I'm sure that's the game they are playing ---- run the guy through a bunch of hurtles until he gets frustrated and goes away.

I have seen several other posts in here and elsewhere citing tire noise after just a few thousand miles. If these folks check they will find they are having the same "feathering" issue I'm am having.

FYI -- the regional Lexus rep had the b_lls to make this statement to me when the meeting was coming to an end. "Other than the tire issue its really an awesome vehicle isn't it"? I about fell out of my chair!
  • dnneednnee Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone tell me if the climate control and heater faceplate on a 00 GS 300 could be replaced?
    Thanks,
    Dnnee :)
  • cgs1238cgs1238 Member Posts: 11
    I am picking up my new GS300 tomorrow night.
    I need some guidance on the use of a Bluetooth Phone. On Lexus' site, it recommends Cingular service. I have had Verizon forever and do not want to change.
    Can someone explain to me in simple terms if I buy a Bluetooth enabled phone and want to keep Verizon, if this will work with the phone in the car?
  • kvd2pallakvd2palla Member Posts: 29
    I have the Verizon Razr, works fine. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is that you will NOT be able to transfer the phonebook from the phone to the car....it can be done if you transfer the address from your phone to a non verizon phone and then transfer the addresses from the non-verizon phone to the car...
    Thanks for your response.
    Can I somehow manually enter all of my names and phone numbers into the car or does it have to be linked from the phone?
    (I am really clueless on this stuff)
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    Sorry - no manual entry from within the car.
  • jeanrvictorjeanrvictor Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone had any experience with a remote starter and full alarm on a 2003 GS 300. Some idiots decided that they were going to practice their lock picking technique on my GS 300 :mad: . Luckily they were not able to get in and the only damage was to the lock cylinder and door handle :sick: . Right now I'm looking at the Audiovox Prestige APS 997 with a Two-Way LCD. The factory alarm only goes off when someone actually breaks a window or pries open a door. This particular alarm will give warning chirps when there is a small impact to the car and will go into full mode with a more severe impact.

Thanks
    I am having trouble with song and artist titles appearing on my screen. Sometimes only have the words appear and sometimes no name or title appears.
    Do I need to change a setting or is this normal.
    Also, the AM station volume seems low and muffled. Could my Sirius radio be interfering with the AM frequency?
  • harboharbo Member Posts: 136
    I am on my second GS300. First a 98 which was T-boned at 89,000 miles. Great car. Mileage 21/22 about town. 26/28 on highway at 70 / 80 mph. Car was totaled. Now have a 2002 with 61,000 miles. Mileage the same. I run my tires at 36 psi for good dry road holding and mileage. Michelin HydroEdge. One size oversize.

Purchased both cars used with 30,000 miles.

The only issue I have with the 2002 is a lag shifting from 1st to second after a slow down to near stop, i.e. 5 to 8 mph, when it is just between the 1st and 2nd gear. The rpm has to come up to about 1,600 to 1,800 before the 2nd gear engages with a bit of a lurch. It feels like driving a manual transmission and you are slow to release the clutch between shifts.

There is no hesitation when starting from standstill. The shifts then are normal between 1st & 2nd. The dealer says there is nothing wrong, that it may be the ECU that adjusted to the previous owner. (The previous owner wanted a hesitation????) It is quite annoying. Manual shifting works just fine.

Any solutions? Can you reset the ECU to new specs?

Help ...... Harbo
  • lazer30lazer30 Member Posts: 3
    GS300 is RWD. If you have two GOOD tires and two OK tires - which should go on the front?

ThankS! :confuse:
    What's the recommended PSI on the door panel?
    I'm answering my my own post as no one has posted an opinion. I think this subject tends to elicit different opinions - are there any experts on this forum? :confuse: See the following tread:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Hello, My car is RWD. What is your recommendtion if I have two GOOD tires and two OK tires, on a RWD - which pair should go on the front and which on the back? :confuse:
    Thank you for your inquiry. I recommend that you match the tires (brand/model) to the other two. Then you should put the new tires on the Rear. This will give you the most balance in an emergency handling situation. Please give me a call if you have any further questions.
    Hi Rudy, Thanks for responding. The tires are all the same brand and stock - just that two are newer. wrt an emergency handling situation - it's not safer on a RWD to have the better tires on the front? :surprise: That leads the car when steering...
    Your actually correct about that, but the reason the Tire Rack recommends the rears is RWD cars tend to oversteer ( This means the rear actually starts to come out and around in an emergency situation). If the rear end comes loose the car will do a 360 and at this point you have lost control of the car. When you loose control of the car you could end up in a bad situation. Hopefully this clarifies my reasoning.
  • binuavbinuav Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone:
    I have a 99 gs400 and it has about 65k miles on it. my engine shutdown on me completely two times All the dash lights lit up and i can start it back up with no problem. Both times it happened when i was at a light. it has a new battery in it. Anyone had this experience or have any idea?
  • stephanie5stephanie5 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 98 GS300 WITH 107K. I LOVE MY CAR. I PURCHASED IT USED AND HAD ONLY HAD IT FOR 8 MONTHS. MY BALL JOINTS DO NEED TO BE FIXED AS WELL. I JUST INVESTED 2K TO GET THE CAR MAINTAINED WELL AND CHOSE NOT TO FIX THE BALL JOINTS YET. SO FAR AS FAR AS I KNOW OF THAT IT WILL JUST WEAR YOUR TIRES QUICKER.
  • stephanie5stephanie5 Member Posts: 2
    THAT HAPPENED TO ME ON MY WAY TO A FAMILY VACATION 3 STATES AWAY. WHAT I DID HAD TO REPLACE WAS THE THROTTLEBODY WHICH COST ME MORE THAN 1000 DOLLARS TO FIX
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    FYI: People (at least I) tend to skip messages in ALL CAPS as they are hard to read.
  • mlushmlush Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone having transmission shifting issues? I have the GS300, and after about 1 month, the automatic shifting became worse and worse. Lexus has had the car 3-4 times for a total of over a month of service with no improvement. They are now starting to tell me that they dont notice the issue, even they acknowledged it at first, and even put in a new transmission! I'm about to go up the food chain to corporate so let me know of any advice you have, thanks!
  • mlushmlush Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to hear of your tire problems...good luck. Is anyone having transmission shifting issues? I have the GS300, and after about 1 month, the automatic shifting became worse and worse. Lexus has had the car 3-4 times for a total of over a month of service with no improvement. They are now starting to tell me that they dont notice the issue, even they acknowledged it at first, and even put in a new transmission! I'm about to go up the food chain to corporate so let me know of any advice you have, thanks!
  • cammer2cammer2 Member Posts: 38
    I have a 2005 Lexus Gs-300 that is white in color. Every time I wash the car I am finding the sides of the car are covered in tar that shows up easily on white. This takes about 1 hour to sit down and remove all of the tar. I have had previous Toyota products that have had factor mud guards that I can not seem to find for my GS. So was wondering if any one had purchased mud guards for their 2000-2005 Gs that fit like factory?
  • mdawudmdawud Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 GS300 with the same problem; I have been told that the cause is due to faulty MAF & Throttle Position sensors, in which either one or both send wrong signals causing inproper shifting. I have not yet fixed my car, however, if you decide to proceed with replacing the sensors, please let me knowif that fixes your problem.
  • ce5288ce5288 Member Posts: 17
    My GS300 AWD was purchased in August-05. I love the car just like you did on the first 10,000 miles. After 10,000 mile service, dashboard starts to make noise. I did notice the car starts to feel vibration on or about 8,000 mile. The vibration is increasing every day. It seems the car does not have damping at all. After 16,000 miles, I switch to Michelin Pilot A/S tire with softer compound compare with OE Dunlop RFT tire. Car is still shaking up and down or side by side. It will send all kinds of road feel to make you feel uncomfortable. The vehicle should be smooth and solid.

I also experience similar B.S. from Lexus dealer telling me it is what is designed. I told them, I will never purchase this car if the uncomfortable ride is started when it was new. No matter how you tell them. They always tell you it is normal. One day when the service advisor told me that I am not the only customer who complaint about it. Still after another test drive, the statement still list the ride is the same as new. What a joke!

Can someone tell me is it the damping or bushing (Stability bar or shock absorber) problem?
  • scott9393scott9393 Member Posts: 6
    You may want to get the front-end alignment checked. I have a 2004 GS430, driven mainly by my wife. Handling was excellent initially. The first time driving in light dusting of snow, car was all over the road. Dealer laughed it off, saying that the car is very light with a big engine so we should have expected that. So much for Lexus being attentive to safety. Bought a set of Dunlop Graspic winter-only tires, and that improved winter driving. Pain to have to change out the tires each fall and spring, but that's life.
    After the second winter, when we put the OEM tires back on, the car was extremely unstable at all speeds. Independent tire shop reported that the tires had an unusual wear pattern (slight cupping - can't see it but can feel it) which indicated alignment issues. Problem was present on both the winter tires and the OEMs. Back to the dealer, who agreed, and did an alignment at no charge. (BTW - Dealer said that alignment on the GS430 has to be done both for the front and the back. ) They also reported that my tire shop had put the tires back on in different locations than the original installation (this could be BS, I can't tell. Doesn't seem like that should make that big a difference). Dealer said that the tires will even out with use, and the ride should improve further.
    Bottom line is I now have two sets of VERY pricy tires that are stil usable but somewhat compromised.
    The car STILL does not handle as well as it should, possibly due to the wear on the tires or other yet-to-be-found issues. For the price of a Lexus, it seems to me that the suspension's ability to stay robust and stable is not what it should be.
    Wife is no longer confident in the car's overall safety or ability to handle properly (esp in emergency) and so we may replace it with an Acura or Infiniti, or bump down a notch to Honda.
    Overall a very disappointing experience dealing with Lexus on this. When we've seen odd behavior of the car (weird handling problems, erratic acceleration and shifting), the service writer ALWAYS says that it's normal for the car, unless we have a report from a third party (like an independent mechanic).
    So much for my rant. Hope you have better luck getting the issue settled. I recommend being very aggressive with the service dept at the dealer. :(
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    I'm surprised you thought a rear-wheel drive car with a big engine and wide performance tires would handle well in the snow. That's the nature of the beast and has nothing to do with Lexus' concern with safety. If you drive in snow with a RWD performance car, you need snow tires.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    RWD vehicles, even those with high performance engines, are much safer overall on adverse roadbed surfaces that their FWD or front torque biased AWD counterparts.

Just because, like 4WD or AWD, FWD will often initially get you up and going quicker/faster isn't an indication that you can stop or turn more quickly to help avoid an accident.

Once drivers of RWD vehicles learn how to feather the throttle (or Trac forces the issue) RWD vehicles tend to be safer overall since the front tires' contact patch is always dedicated to directional control. On the other hand if you drive a FWD or front biased AWD without a clutch then the AAA is currently recommending you practice and learn to quickly shift into neutral in the event you have an incident wherein loss of directional control is threatened due to engine leading or lagging torque.

More importantly this discussion started out being about the GS AWD model. The dynamic allocation of engine leading or lagging torque represents a significant design break through insofar as safety is concerned.

Google for:

SH-AWD

and watch the Honda video about the most perfect modern day AWD system in existence. Then watch it again and pay attention to when the engine leading or lagging torque goes into rear biasing in order to provide a more safe driving experience. The SH-AWD's engine compression braking mode should be most enlighting for FWD or front biased AWD advocates.
  • cynbar2cynbar2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi- I purchased a 2000 GS300 platinum series back on 11/15/03. I have only had it serviced at my local Lexus dealer. It now has 96k miles. Back around 93k on Oct.27th 2005 (about 6mos ago) I had the timing belt/waterpump/thermostat changed. Last Friday I dropped it off at the dealer complaining about a whistle/chirping sound coming from the engine and I thought it may be a belt (though the drive belt has been replaced 2 times @ n/c!!) Anyway they typed up a n/c invoice and said they "thoroughly inspected all belts and pulleys, no part at fault, could not duplicate customer's concern". I picked up the car Monday night. The very next day while I'm driving about 20 miles per hour, I hear a loud thud. The alternator actually fell off and was dangling by some wires. I towed it to the dealer. They claim the studs/bolts broke off and the alternator fell. This caused a domino effect. The bolts on the Alternator broke, the alternator belt wrapped around the crankshaft pulley, which tore the timing belt cover and caused debris to get onto the timing belt gear, then causing the timing belt to jump timing inturn causing the valves to hit the top of pistons. The total cost of the repairs is $3700 for "phase 1" this estimate does not include the replacement of engine heads if needed, which could result to a completed total charge of aprox. $7000-$8000.

I am looking for mechanics or anyone who knows anything about alternators and how they are mounted, to reply back with their opinion on how the studs could break off and could this only be caused by human error. Like I said this dealer would've had to take the alternator off about 6mos ago when the changed the timing belt. They claim the problems would've arised before 6 mos if anything was going to happen at all.

Sorry for the long email. I am in tears and beside myself. I am still financing this car and can't imagine paying for a car that I can't drive. Lexus Corporate is agreeing to pick up 30% of the tab. If I'm lucky I'll get the other 70% in court.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    What a mess. You should definitely consult an attorney on this. Dealers have "malpractice" insurance, and your attorney could line up expert witnesses if he/she thinks there is merit to your case.
  • new2lexusnew2lexus Member Posts: 3
    I was scanning this message board for this problem, which I just encountered on my 02 GS300. I bought used about 1 month ago and I have had this happen to me twice in the past week!

It's a very strange feeling to have your car turn off when you come to a stop!

What did you end up having to do to fix this problem? Does it get worse over time?
    Wow, a thousand bucks right out of the gate? What is a throttlebody anyway, it's not underneath the discombobulator, is it???

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I just bought my first lexus, a used 02 GS 300, a month ago and this has now happened to me twice. The car seems to turn off as I come to a stop at a traffic light. No problem restarting, just very weird feeling!

I believe my car is officially under warranty until next february -- would this be a warranty issue?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    ahh - the vehicle shutting down is a definite problem. yeah - it should be covered under a warranty, even if it is one of those 30day types.

your idle setting could be bad.

you might have a faulty ignition switch or fuel pump relay.

it could be your idle bypass valve.

it could be a connection to the ECU.

better bring it in.
    Hi scott9393,

Appreciate you could share your Lexus experience. I do have the same feeling that lack of confidence while driving my 2006 GS300 AWD. Dealer told me due to the weakness from the suspension parts, car will not drive like new. Problem is, my car already change its character in just less than 10,000 miles. This could be the differences between Japanese car and European car.

The steering wheel somewhat feel lighter than it used to be. I am not sure if this is related to why the car is so sensitive to the road surface. The suspension seems unable to absorb any road feel. It send the vibration direct to the under body. I try to change tire pressure every couple of days to see if I can find the right tire pressure. I tried from factory recommended 33 psi front and rear, 33 front/ 35 rear, 32 front and rear, 33 front/ 36 rear... I even put about 100 pound of old magazine and my golf club in the trunk to lower down the vehicle height. So far, I have not found the right tire pressure yet. Yesterday, I went back to the dealer to check the tire pressure on its demo car. It seems the dealer put 35 - 36 psi on all four tires. It is 3 psi higher than the factory recomanded tire pressure. The tire on the demo car is the same as my origin Dunlop 5000 RFT A/S came from the factory. Since I could not find the right tire pressure, I will now focus on the suspension system.

Hopefully, I do not have to give up this car. Which is only in my garage for less than 9 months.
    Thanks for your reply -- very helpful. You know, I didn't think it was SUPPOSED to do that...

I was hoping you might be able to narrow from your four possibilities a bit if I gave you a few more symptoms?

It has happened now four times in about 2k miles, so it's not very common, just very annoying.

It only seems to happen when I'm decelerating (coming to a light or into the driveway).

It may be my imagination but I think I can hear the radio cut in and out a few seconds before the engine shuts off.

Last, if I release the brake and keep rolling, the car has come back on, and I just keep on truckin' down the road.

Pretty weird, huh?

Thanks again for your help!
    Have you solve your tire noise problem? Which tire did you choose? How does it work?

I switch to Michelin Pilot A/S two weeks ago. Which is a high performance all season tire. This tire is quiter that the OE Dunlop RFT tire.
    I was told by the Lexus service advisor that many customers complaint about rough ride on 06 GS models. They also recommend replacing the run flat tire to normal tire. Recently after I replace my tire to regular tire, the rough ride is still there. Car actually sends all kinds of road feel to the driver.

This morning, after my friend test drove my car. On the road, he told me the car drive like a 15K instead of current 50K. I told him that I have exactly the same feeling like him. My friend told me it could be a suspension problem because the car is vibrate and shaking in all directions. He does not feel full control of the car.

I keep asking myself, am I the only owner who has this kind of problem?
  • donbldonbl Member Posts: 42
    Now about 1300 miles through a trip to east coast with a total of about 4000 miles on the car.

ride is silky smooth and quiet. I expect that the wear on the soft rubber tires will result in poor ride at about 10K miles or so just like my Jag. I have regular tires on the GS300 - Yokohamas.

only real issue is with either the transmission or throttle control in the mountains when it would jolt me. Not nearly as good as the Jag transmission.
    I went back to the dealer found out the surface on the new Dunlop run-flat tire is softer than what I had now. I think that the ware and the temperature will change the rubber's chemical. My car reach 10,000 mile during winter. No wonder the ride comfort is not as smooth as when it was new. Just like today is at around 80F in New Jersey. The ride comfort seems better than in the 50F or even below 40F.
  • traylortraylor Member Posts: 8
    Bought a used 2006 RWD with 10K miles about a month ago. Noticed noise and vibration from the front-end, especially at low speeds and when braking, almost from the first day. Took it back to dealer thinking brake pads could be shot? Dealer says no, "these tires just make a lot of noise --especially when they have a few miles on them." (Dunlop OEM's) Asked my salesman to take a ride with me afterwards and he says there is NO WAY the tires should be making that kind of racket --you can actually feel it through the floorboard on the PASSENGER side. Anyway, back to the dealer yesterday for a "second-look."

At this point I just want to get some decent tires. What does everyone suggest?

Thanks!
    I have used Michelins on all my vehicles for the past 25 years. Currently run Michelin LTX M/S 265 70 R16 at 36 psi minimum inflation for good handling and mileage on my 2002 Sequoia Limited RWD.
    Mine are Yoko's on the 2006 GS300 however the car only has 5K miles on it. The Pirellis on the Jag are nice up to 10K miles.

I am not happy with only 10K miles of good ride on either car but not sure how to increase. Might try Michelins in the future on the Lexus.
    Running the Michelin HydroEdge Currently on my GS300 one size oversize at 225 60 R16's. Grip is great and quiet. Replaced the OEM's at 50K with less than 10K left. They were Bridgestone whatever's. Lousy. Have 20K on the Michelins currently. 80K guarantee on the HydroEdge. I will get 75 / 80K miles based on initial wear. That is normal for the Michelins at about 75K per set. Run at 36 psi for good handling and mileage. Rotate and balance at 8,000 to 10,000 miles. Tried Yoko's (don't remember the type) based on the good website user input. Didn't like them and Discount tire replaced (no charge) with Michelins.

Used to race on Pirelle's and Michelin's years ago. Might look at the new Carbon Fiber Goodyear at some point for kicks.
    Well, picked my GS up yesterday after second time around on the tires. Diagnosis -- cupping on the two front tires. Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX offered to replace one of the front tires for free (I had to buy the other one) Apparently the cupping issue is recurrent but I am not sure if it is unique to the car or the tire (Dunlops). I gues we'll find out.

Those of you with new vehicles be sure to get the tires rotated so if they cupp you can make a case that they are defective.

Bough the Michelin Pilot Primacy, A LOT quieter and smoother.
    I go to Park Place Plano next week for 5000 mile service.

Thanks for the tip to rotate.

I may also check the alignment.
    Took the car in for the 5000 mile service.

Park Place Lexus in Plano did a "free" for the first time alighnment check and found camber, toe and rear measurements significantly out of alignment.

Since I drove over half of the miles on a recent trip, I must assume the car either loses alignment or my wife it something big (I doubt it).

Sooooo, glad it was found at 5000 miles and the tires rotated. I did get a "kind of" acknowledgement of a cupping problem occurring on the car. Might be the reason for the "free" alignment. The rationale was "sport suspension" are a little more sensitive......
  • bobny57bobny57 Member Posts: 30
    When should I change the coolant on my 2004 Lexus GS430? I've got 14,000 miles and 2 years of ownership. The owner's manual is silent on this subject. Does that mean that the car comes with a lifetime coolant? My local mechanic recommends changing it every two or three years.

What is your opinion. Thanks in advance.
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    I've been on a Lexus Forum that complains bitterly about the A/C not blowing cold enough and also cutting out when the temp outside gets too warm. I also heard that the seat cooling system is crap. I live in Florida and am thinking of purchasing the GS350 later this year but am having second thoughts because of this problem. Anyone else out there feel that the GS300 A/C is just adequate?
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    The Lexus automatic climate controls run in a most highly in-efficient mode. Once the cabin is cooled to within a few degrees of your setpoint the outlet airflow will only be slightly cooler than your setpoint and the blower speed will be as low as is possible to alleviate driver discomfort from the noise.

The way the system works once the cabin nears your setpoint is this:

First, ALL incoming system airflow is CHILLED to as close to freezing as is possible. Keeping in mind that the blower speed is now likely at minimum the airflow exiting the A/C cooling evaporator is very likely to be below 40F.

Now the CHILLED airstream is divided, the major flow being routed through the HEATER section to be reheated and then remixed with the still COLD portion that bypassed the heat cycle. That results in a system outflow from the dash that is cool, cooling, but not so cool as to be discomforting.

There are two reasons for using what seems a very wasteful and inefficient system. First, it is basically impossible, at least economically, to regulate or modulate the level of cooling provided by an A/C refrigerant cycle. It is much easier to regulate the reheat/remix levels of the airflow.

The second reason is to dehumidify the incoming airflow to a more comfortable level for the passengers.

If you find that the automatic mode of the Lexus climate control system provides inadequate cooling capability you can control it manually in a way that improves the cooling capability quite dramatically, at the same time reducing the cooling load on the radiator, and improving FE.

Simply turn the temperature setpoint to maximum cooling (the system will then automatically switch from fresh to recirculating airflow) and then use the blower speed control to regulate the passenger cabin's comfort level.

If the dash outlet airflow is too cold for your comfort then you can manually re-route it to footwell mode.

Now the A/C compressor will not cycle nearly as often as before resulting in less HOT refrigerant to be cooled via flowing through the condensor in front of the radiator.

Therefore the A/C is a lot less likely to be automatically shut down due to rising engine water jacket temperature on an extremely hot and humid day.

You might also find FE improving in the range of 5-10% using this method.

For those Lexus climate control systems that do not have a hot water flow shutoff valve in line with the heater, like my 2001 AWD RX300, you can add additional cooling capacity by adding a manual shutoff valve inside the engine compartment to prevent any inadvertent radiant heating of the system airflow via the nearby HEATER inside the system plenum.
    I own a 2006 GS 300 and live in Dallas, TX where from time-to-time it gets a little warm and sticky. The AC in my car damn near freezes me out --even when it's a hundred outside.

You can cross that one off as a source of potential concern.

Good luck.
    I agree with Traylor as I also live DFW area and the car cools very nicely
    Agreed on AC performance. We live in Arizona (DRY HEAT) and my 02 GS 300 and 02 Sequoia will freeze your Tush off.
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    What a difference going from one Forum to another makes! One trashes the A/C, and edmunds can't say enough about its merits. Go figure! However, No one commented on the seat cooling system!