Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 06tucson06tucson Member Posts: 3
    Thx for that. I'm thinking we will take the wifes altima for the weekend, better safe than sorry. too bad , was looking forward to driving the new car.
  • kerris98kerris98 Member Posts: 1
    Curious to know where you live. I have been trying to make a deal with just about every dealer in Ohio for a 2006 Limited 4wd and the lowest price anyone will give me is $22,713 including the $1,000 rebate. This price is, of course, before tax title and license. It also does not include the sunroof. I know the 2007's will be out shortly and I'm hoping they will be willing to negotiate with me a bit more.
  • pas914pas914 Member Posts: 14
    I live in NJ - the dealership I purchased from was "Brad Benson Mitsubishi & Hyundai". they had a special at the time and were offering "30% off any new Hyundai" .. the inflated sticker price ($27k) included a $3k "option pkg" (which amounted to door guards, mud flaps and a pinstripe), and they added $1k back in after the 30% (they said that was a Hyundai loyalty incentive for previous Hyundai owners only), but then took off another $500 for military discount -- so in the end, I dont think it was really 30% off of the car's true value. But either way, the car still came out ($19,500) well under the list/bluebook/msrp.

One more note - the car I got is a limited edition with running boards and a few extras, but it does NOT have a sunroof ..

Regards,
    Paul
  • nikolicdenikolicde Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,
    I leave in Northen NJ and this is what I got from the dealer: (2006 Hyundai Tucson GL, automatic, basic version, without accesories)
    "I have the vehicle you've requested in-stock...
    A 2006 Hyundai Tucson automatic lists at $19,345.00 including destination. Invoice is $18,774.00. You can purchase the car for $500 bellow invoice, and there is $1,000.00 factory rebate."

So after calculation, it looks like this:
    MSRP: $19,345.00 (both, dealer and edmunds.com)
    $18,774.00 - invoice price, including destination charge $600.00 (but invoice price on edmunds.com is $18,315.00 so seems dealer is adding $459.00 on his invoice price)
    - $500 discount
    - $1000 factory rebate
    which gives $17,274.00
    Is this price OK?
  • thejasvithejasvi Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking around for 2006 Hyundai Tuscon in Milwaukee wisconsin and can also drive around to Chicago, IL if I'm getting a better deal.

The dealer here is offering for V6 4WD Moonroof leather interior and 6 cd changer

Limited: 24301 - 1000rebate + Tax

Is this a good one to go with...please advise
  • mikemaciocimikemacioci Member Posts: 3
    Just got pricing for a new 2006 Tucson GLS 6 cyl...4X4. Including the rebate of 1500 dollars the Price EXCLUDING tax is 21,450. Emailed few dealers... and that seems to be the going price. Almost like they all talk to each other. Does anone know if this is good deal for me.
  • tanmichealtanmicheal Member Posts: 10
    I just hope you wont have my problem with the 05 tucson, my A/C malfunctioned after one year...bought it Aug o5, gave me a problem already during Aug 2006, Hyundai USA cant do anything, brought it already with two dealer, twice in Douglas Hyundai stayed there for two whole day, and sent it out again to another Hyundai, they didn't cange my A/c or even fix it, they gave me the reason of that my Termostat needs to be at MAX always, I hope you wont get a Lemon, also I learned the hard way that Hyundai tends to loose VALUE VERY VERY FAST!!!
  • batmobilebatmobile Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking of buying a Hynudai Tucson. Either 2006 or 2007. The 2006 models seem around 2 K below the 2007 models (which are not really available at this point). I do need to buy within a couple of weeks so I can't wait for 2007 models anyway in trim and color. There seem to be relatively few differences between the 2006 and 2007 SUVs.

I know that resale value will be lower for the 2006 model, but I do not intend to resale for many years so I don't care about that.

Any thoughts on going with the cheaper 2006 model
  • chyannachyanna Member Posts: 9
    If you are looking to keep the car 5+ years it doesn’t matter if it is a 06 or a 07. From what I can tell there is barely a difference between the two with exception to a few new colors.

Hyundai is also offering a rebate on the 06 now:
    GLS V6 and Limited V6 - $1500
    GL 4 cyl - $1000

There is also special financing as well on the 06.

I personally would go for the 06 if you are looking to keep the car until the wheels fall off. With the 2007 coming onto the lots, they are more willing to negotiate on their current inventory and you can get the rebate.
  • johnjjjohnjj Member Posts: 81
    Does anyone know, or have an idea, on what the rebate amount will be tomorrow (November) for the 2006 Tuscon GLS? It's $1500 right now, but I'm thinking it could only go up tomorrow. IMO it wouldn't make sense for it to go down. But maybe my thinking is wrong. I'm about to close a deal today, but maybe I should wait until tomorrow.
    John
  • thunderbirdthunderbird Member Posts: 26
    I just bought a extended warranty today with my new tucson. At first I thought it was a waste of money buying a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty even though it comes with a 5 year B to B and 10 year powertrain. I was told the cost was $1,800 something. Anybody else buy one and I would be interested in knowing how much it cost you. I have 60 days to keep or cancel the policy. Any input would be helpful.
    Hi! I purchased an extended warranty in June when I brought my Tucson. I live in NY and was quoted 1500 and change.
    I told the FI guy that I wanted it, but no way in hell I was going to pay that. I told him I’d give him $700. He gasped as if I was crazy. Before he could say anything I said “Look I did my homework, we both know you didn’t pay 1500 for that policy. I’m not going over 800. If I don’t buy it here I’ll buy it at another dealership.”

He gave it to me for $800. :shades:

I usually keep my cars for a while so I feel a warranty from the car manufacturer is worth it. In addition is has no deductible and if you choose to sell the car/trade it in, it will help enhance the resale value slightly because it is transferable to the new owner.

Best of luck with you new Tucson. I love mine. :)
  • smartsallysmartsally Member Posts: 9
    I was just quoted $900 from our dealer yesterday. I haven't seen the actual papers though. I am buying a 2007 GLS FWD. I wasn't sure if a warranty is worth it. I already have AAA roadside.
  • fbyersfbyers Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new 2006 4WD V6 Tucson. I really like the car. The owner’s manual states the when the 4WD lock button is pushed. The setup begins to get cancelled when the vehicle speed exceeds 30 km/h and completely releases at 40 km/h. This is only 20 mph to 25 mph. In my opinion this not 4WD. If I am driving on the highway and one of my front tires slips or spins will my rear wheels engage at speeds greater than 25 mph.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    The 4WD lock is for deep snow/mud conditions.. It locks in 4WD at all times, even when it isn't needed..It is only for extreme circumstances. The reason it becomes inoperable at high speeds is that long term use could damage your vehicle.

Your 4WD system will still operate normally, when the lock isn't being used.. If the front wheels slip, power will shift to the rear.

I see you posted in the general Hyundai Tuscon discussion, as well.. Someone there will probably chime in with specific details of how your particular system works.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dan92dan92 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am in market to looking for new vehicle. I am thinking of 2007 tucson. Do anyone know the buying price in Rhode Island / Mass area. What kind of discounts should I be asking for?

Thanks
  • klamathklamath Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to make a decision on which SUV to purchase. I have test driven the Santa Fe and the Tucson among lots of others. I thought that it was narrowed down to the Escape/Mariner or the Santa Fe. Today while I when for another test drive in the Santa Fe I also drove the Tucson. My wife and I both like the Tucson and the Santa Fe. We have an elder parent living with us now and I think the Tucson would be a little easier to get in and out of.

When I came home I checked the Tucson and Santa Fe discussions. While there are lots of discussions on the Santa Fe and the Kia Sportage there is almost nothing on the Tucson. Can anyone help?
    Hi,

I'll have my Tucson a year in June and I love it.I purchased the Limited with all the bells and whistles, it is just a great car to drive.
    I've talked to a number of owners before and after buying, and they were all pleased with their purchase. As with all vehicles it has its pros and cons.

The major complaints I have heard repeatedly about the Tucson is that the stock tires wear out quickly and that it can be very thirsty in heavy stop and go driving situations. I didn’t feel either one was a deal breaker because 99% of the time stock tires are horrible and any V6 is going to drink gas in very urban stop and go driving conditions. Personally, I feel the gas mileage is on par for this type of vehicle with a V6. I always say if you are really concerned about gas mileage, get a 4cylinder car.

My personal take on the Tucson is as follows:
    The Tucson drives wonderfully in all kinds of conditions. I driven in nor’easters and heavy snow and the Tucson preformed great! Side note, I do use dedicated winter tires so that helped a little. The visibility is excellent. It is very easy to maneuver in tight spots. Its lay out is very thoughtful and has a ton of storage compartments. The Back seats flip down easily and provide a perfectly flat loading surface WITHOUT the need of removing the front headrest. I LOVE the wiper deicers, so if you live in a place where you get snow and ice and park outside, get them. I’m also a huge fan of the seat warmers. Its step in height makes it easy for everyone to get in and out of it. Everything works as it should and it did not cost me a fortune to. On top of it all it has a great warrantee.

As far as how quiet the forum is, I like to think it is because no one is having any real major complaints about the vehicle. Furthermore, Santa Fe was just significantly remolded this year and it larger, so more people are attracted to it. The Kia Sportage is also another redesigned so it might have more of a following and if I’m not mistaken, I think it might be a wee cheaper and has a different look than the Tucson.

I did a google search for "Tucson drivers" and found an international community that had a lot of information and opinions. (I’m not sure if I am allowed to give the actual website here.) Give that a try.

Good luck in your decision
  • bjw1bjw1 Member Posts: 152
    hi there,

I bought my tucson june of 2006, I have a 2006 model gls v6, and I love it, not too small or too big, getting descent mpg, get 20.2 in town and 23.5-24 mpg on highway driving 80 mph+ I have just passed the 12000 mile mark and have no intention of getting rid of it. I am 6 ft tall and fit comfortably on long hauls, very small minor adjustments I would like is 2 more inches of head room, few more inches of leg room, and arm rest little higher, but not a deal breaker for me though, I can also fit comfortably in the rear seat with front seats all the way back, the visability is great iin the tucson, and the manuverablity is great, easy to drive and handle, did good in the snow(2 inches) that I was driving in, the stabliity control works as it should. The tucson does not have that much cargo area if that is a concern, for me it wasn't. anything else just write.
  • klamathklamath Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your responses. After careful consideration I decided to go with the Santa Fe. We got the SE FW with the touring and premium packages. So far I have only driven it home from the dealer. My wife has had it for the last two days. I will drive it tomorrow when I take it back to the dealer for detailing. Thanks for your input.
  • badams007badams007 Member Posts: 7
    After test driving an '07 I knew I needed a Tuscon to replace my Blazer. I could not afford new though, and had to have the V6, 4x4.

I live in upstate NY. I worked my butt off to even find any, and when I did, the price was essentially the same as the new ones.

After hours of searching, I drove downstate to Nanuet Hyundai and bought an '06 with 20k for $16,000. It's super clean and so far I consider it a very good deal and worth the 3 hr drive each way to save about $4-5,000

-Beth
  • petecalpetecal Member Posts: 28
    Looks like a damn good buy. Here in Western NY there is an Enterprise Rental place trying to get $17,800 for an '06 GLS (like an 06 SE). It has 26,300 miles on it. They won't bargain.
  • magooomagooo Member Posts: 4
    I am an older lady who needs some help. For an 07 GLS (4 cyl/auto., no sunroof) the dealer quoted me: MSRP $20310, Inv $19763, bottom line after rebate/disc is $18463. Is that a good price? I was really hoping for something around 17K... I would appreciate any advice as I know nothing about this kind of thing except how salesmen sometimes take advantage of 'little old ladies'.
  • hibtonehibtone Member Posts: 8
    Does that bottom line price include TT&L? If so that sounds pretty good. Is it a FWD? If so, Fitzmall appears to be selling similar 07 GLS's for from $17,653 to $18,063 plus a $99 doc fee. You might be able to go back and get them to match that, or if you live near a fitz location you could go through them.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    Am probably going for the Azera in the fall but inventory seems non existant so I would consider this SUV. Have never had an SUV, don't particularly like the concept but have had pain in my right leg when driving for more than 30 minutes and have been told an SUV sits you higher with your body more in alignment then the twisted right foot to reach the gas in sedans.Currently I drive an Audi A6 2004. Any help would be appreciated.I would like to continue to have the 4 wheel drive which the Azera does not have
  • tpfilm1tpfilm1 Member Posts: 25
    But I have to commend the guys at Hyundai of ILM. I have been very honest with them and they have worked with me.

See... I can get any new Hyundai at TRUE invoice minus 15%. My step-dad works at HMMA (where they build the Sonanta and the Santa Fe) and I can get his pricing (HMMA Team Member Purchase Program.) I was considering a Santa Fe GLS, AWD, 5 spd but decided I liked the Tucson SE, 4WD better.

Even though they know I can't buy from them (have to take delivery in Montgomery, AL) they have allowed me to test drive two different Tucsons and one Santa Fe on two differrent days. Without any problems. Out of respect for them I did ask if I could drive them and had the sales man assure me he wasn't going to miss anything (both times I went around 7P. In the beginning of the week. The lot was deserted except for me!)

In case ya'll are wondering.... price for me will be:

'07, SE, 4WD, no options: $18499 (includes destination charge.) Will not have to pay sales tax in AL, only in NC. NC sales tax is 3% = $554.97. Also: the dealership in Mongtomery can't add anything to the vehicle unless I agree to it... before I get there. HMMA generates (for lack of a better term) a purchase order with my name on it. It details what I want and what I want on it. It details the price. Any dealer add-ons have to be negotiated ahead of time. No over-priced pinstriping, no etching, no paint/interior 'protectant', no ADVERTISING FEES! If it was on the vehicle ahead of time... oh well. Thanks! I am trying to get HMMA to tell me if I can get the rebates. That would be sweet: $1500 (as of 07/19/07) rebate on top of great price!
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    We currently own a 2006 Elantra GLS, and my wife wants a small SUV. We'll keep the Elantra, but we've been looking at the Tucson GLS FWD Automatic. Here's the quote we just received from Pugi Hyundai in Downers Grove, IL (the same place we purchased our Elantra in December 2005):

2007 Hyundai Tucson FWD Automatic, Platinum Color with Premium Package:

$17,252

This, of course, does not include TTL, but includes the current incentives. I planned to pay cash, but if I finance it through Hyundai Financial, the price drops to $16,752.

Any comments on the price?

Thanks.
  • boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    I think that's a very good price. Here is the lowest pricing I can find on the internet.. and you've beaten them by quite a bit.

link title
  • colloquorcolloquor Member Posts: 482
    Thanks. They gave me a great deal on our 2006 Elantra - just a bit over $12K. And, last year they quoted $17.5K for a 2006 Sonata LX (now known as the Limited). They are an excellent dealer.
    Anyone know if Hyundai will continue the rebates into August or will they 'Duh' them a bit to move the '07s?
  • hyundaipro07hyundaipro07 Member Posts: 5
    i just bought an o7 se with the v6 loaded brand new yesterday for a little over 24K and there was a 1500 rebate plus my extra 500 hyundai loyalty with my 06 elantra in trade.
    they will ship.or fly in and drive home
    Took delivery on: '07 SE, 4WD, nautical blue. No other options w/dealer installed mud flaps, pin stripes, "interior & exterior" protection (didn't pay for those items as they were not detailed on the invoice!)

Dealer: Parkway Hyundai/Mitsubishi (formerly Wilmington Hyundai/Mitsubishi) in Wilmington, NC.

Out the door price:

$21507.80 Purchase Price
    $22114.78 Total
    INCLUDES: $379 DOC fee (pretty much the same all over ILM), $448.97 tax (3% in NC, figured after deducting trade-in [$6542] from purchase), $62 tag/transfer, $6259.01 trade pay-off
    $1500 Rebate (did not do Hyundai financing so could not use additional $500, nor military)
    W/ $1000 down
    Out the door price: $19614.78

Due to Step Father working at HMMA in Montgomery, AL was able to use Hyundai Associate Purchase Program (invoice minus ad fee ($150 in SE NC), minus shipping, minus 2% MSRP [w/shipping], minus applicable rebates, plus shipping.) It felt like buying a Saturn. No haggling no "let me see what we can do" or "we aren't making any money on this deal" (they still get holdback and any factory-dealer incentives.) It was great not having to go through the stupid four square and other games.

They even worked with me on my trade ('03 Chevy Tracker base 4dr, 4X4, w/all options available in '03 except V6.) Average trade-in (based on Edmunds, KBB, NADA) was about $7200. Actual market trade-in (got quotes from several new and used dealers in town) was hitting about $6500.

A tip that I have found to work somewhat in my favor: when the salesman/woman leaves you to go to the sales manager:

1st: make sure you have your car keys and license.
    2nd: follow him/her to the "tower of power" it's harder for them to work their 'magic' when you are standing right there, questioning everything they do and looking over their shoulder. They don't like it. If they ask you to leave and wait at their desk siimply ask them what they have to hide? If they can't answer then leave. If possible try not to let them appraise your trade w/out you being there. They can come back and say that "it drove funny" or somethiing like that and may have never even cranked the car up.
    3rd: question the invoice they show you. Make sure it is for the vehicle you want and that everything matches up.

Finally, check with your family and friends. Find out if any of them have some sort of connection to HMA (Hyundai Motors America) be it directly or indirectly (finance partners, suppliers, advertising, etc) if you have friends or family like this you can participate in the HAPP too.

Hyundai Associate Purchase Program

Be careful of the internet prices that are really low. They may include rebates that you do not qualify for. Also, all rebates that were in effect last month are still in effect. Nothing new, yet.
  • sue34sue34 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased our '07 AWD Limited Tucson last month in NJ. We did not get the upgraded radio nor moonroof, but it had everything else.

Our out the door price was $18,600
    This included 7% NJ tax, tags and fees
    $1000 Hyundai rebate
    $500 loyalty rebate
    $2900 for our 10 year old car

Was this a good price? We are very happy with the Tuscon.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    That sounds like a great price. Please tell us the name of the dealership and location in NJ.
  • mrpanguinmrpanguin Member Posts: 1
    I'm Jeff. And used to work (as a matter of fact) at a Hyundai Dealership. I agree with most of your tips regarding purchasing a vehicle. I would make a few tweaks to your argument though. Now I know it may be relative to each dealership, but at the "tower of power" I would frequent, it contained no "magic". To tell people to look over the shoulder of a salesperson at the tower, is not the best of ideas for a few reasons. When a customer is purchasing a car, he/she is offered a price (usually sticker price). Honestly, it IS in the best interest to reply with a number, your counter-offer. This is when the salesperson goes to the sales tower. 9 times out of 10, the topic of discussion is "how can both parties come away from this deal successfully." Me and my associates were not trying to "stick it to the customer," we were trying to find a happy medium. I know that sounds like a typical salesperson response, but it's not 1975, and cars (at least Hyundai's) aren't marked up a whole lot anymore. It's not terrible that a customer see this at a decent establishment, it's a negotiation. It may tend to put people on the spot though. But, in the event you approach them and they have something to hide, that's when you leave. That's the 1 out of 10. You should leave now, your getting ripped off. The main reason to not go to the tower is legal. 10 times out of 10, there are social security numbers, credit information, a lot of confidential information to see. This is what makes people uneasy, b/c if you were to see this and take advantage of it, the business could be held liable. I do like the idea of being there while your vehicle is appraised though. Also, from a salespersons' point of view. Be completely honest with him/her. If you have a down payment in mind, tell them. If you want "x" amount of money for your car, don't hide it. All this information will come up eventually, do not prolong the process, it just means you will be waiting longer and getting more upset. Oh, one last qualm I had about car sales. If you are trading in a vehicle, look up a realistic value of it as a "TRADE-IN." I don't know how many times customers had unrealistic values of their cars because they went on kelly crap book and found the "suggested retail price" and wanted this number as a trade in value. If someone wants this amount, "RETAIL" it, sell it to your neighbor, don't "TRADE." Thanks for reading. Hope I could help.
    If the sales manager and others at the Tower have social security numbers/ credit apps out that are very easy to see... You shouldn't be at that dealership becaise they have shoddy administrative proceedures. The Tower is out in the open and they should remember that when dealing with your personal information. Anyone waliking by could see that info. Most towers are either near one of the doors (to try to stop you from walking) or in the middle.

Most people, myself included, use the "trade-in" value. Most dealerships use the black book and crony method of appraising your trade. They have access to weekly auction results across the region and country. These results compile every bit of info you can think of. They will also call other dealers around and ask what they would pay... They go with the lower price. I have never, ever received the KBB trade-in (it's always too high.) I have usually gotten within range of the Edmond's trade-in value (usually on the low range.)
    TRY THE AZZERA WONDERFUL CAR TRY PRIDE HYUNDAI OF SEEKONK MASSACHUSETTS THEY HAVE THEM
  • chinlocchinloc Member Posts: 5
    Talk about unprofessional. The Sales Manager was unbelieveable. I have bought a lot of cars but this manager was rude. Long story, but establishment tried to sell a "loaner" car as a new car (980 miles). Dealer said agreed price was based on rebates. Told them I wanted to pay cash, therefore they said I didn't qualify for rebate. Told them I would split the difference, but manager started getting rude. Unfortunately, I got rude back. Will never ever go to that dealership again. Hyundai should be embarassed of this sales manager. Salesman was very nice though, feel sorry for him as he has such a bad manager.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    The Sales Manager was very professional and did all he could to get me the exact car I needed. I would reccommend this dealer.They also sell high end cars, like Ferraris.
    Has anyone ever purchased thru the above dealer?It seems they offer below invoice prices on the Hyundai Tuscon. What kind of deal do they offer on the "trade-in" as it seems their prices are "too good to be true"! Do they try and low ball the trade to make it up??? And yet I have read in some of the other posts that other dealers "beat" their deals. Their "black book" values are not anywhere near KBB, NADA and Edmunds. Any replies would be appreciated.
    NORTSR
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

I have a 2006 Leftover Nordic White Tucson V6 FWD(brand new with 200 miles)for $17,500 plus TT&L as a final offer. Is this a good price? MSRP is around $21,830, and it has roof rack crossbars, carpeted matts, and cargo tray as only option. I think I could do better by another $1,000...I know there are no incentives or rebates out for leftover '06, but with new '08s arriving soon, can i get a better deal?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I don't know where you live, but in the USA right now there is a $1500.00 rebate and another $500.00 incentive for financing thru HMFC for a grand total of $2000.00 off any Tuscon (until Sept.3rd) and at almost any Hyundai dealer you can get a Tuscon right now for INVOICE or below.. less the $2000.00 incentives. I don't know whay your INVOICE price is on the leftover 2006...but...perhaps you can get a 2007 for the same price????? or near that $17,500.00 figure. Go to the Edmunds pricing site and find out what the invoice price really is before you make the plunge.
    NORTSR
  • eselfeself Member Posts: 1
    Im talking to a local salesman with a new leftover 06 tucson 4wd 6 cyl with sunroof and all the extras so he says .He gave me a price of 21.000 out the door Any suggestions on what i can really get this baby blue beauty for? I HAVENT even been in yet he says his prices are firm for an 06?? who knows?? thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • dingyu2000dingyu2000 Member Posts: 1
    Hyundai 2007 Tucson $16215+ttl
    (rebated and destination fee included).

Is this a good price in Dallas area ?

Thanks
  • lucygooselucygoose Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I have test-driven the 2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS (4 cy) but not the SE (6 cy). No serious discussion with a sales person yet. Before we go back to a dealer, we need help understanding what "hidden" costs there may be and if any of these can be negotiated. MSRP for GLS is $19,445 (one option added); SE is $20,995. We would take the 72-month free financing offer instead of the rebate. What should be our bottom line? We live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Would we better off with 6 cyl. (we don't tow anything) as far as longevity of the engine? We have not bought a NEW car in 20 years so we want to be as well-informed as possible. We have a '96 Honda Accord with 140,000 miles as a trade-in. Is this to our advantage or would we be better off donating it? Anything else we should know?
  • bucobuco Member Posts: 49
    This site is really beneficial; I depended upon Edmunds.com years ago and saved $5,000 from the sticker price.

Everything about the Tucson seems appropriate for my needs, but when I read the problems with the batteries, etc. and the lack of Hyundai's solving them, I'm put off.

Has this lack of reliable customer service been corrected; my experience with Dodge over 10 years has been dreadful based on our minivan ... ex: 4 AC compressors, a evaporator, and the AC fan replaced... and the list goes on.

What are your recent experiences for the Tucson 2008 model 2.7 v6 AT?

If today Hyundai has better quality control in manufacturing and customer service, where are you finding the lowest prices for the 2008 2.7 v6 Tucson Front wheel drive?
  • songbird54songbird54 Member Posts: 41
    Purchased last month

$20,864
    $1,461.81 tax
    $354.00 title and reg
    $289.00 doc fee (whatever)
    $19.00 credit inquiry
    $7.50 tire tax
    $22,995 OTD
    ZERO percent finance for 72 months (cant be beat!!)
    plus a portable navigation unit

I purchased at Global Auto Mall in N Plainfield, NJ and had a great experience there. The people were fantastic through the whole process.

I know the Tucson is not as popular as the Santa Fe, but it is really fun to drive, I love the V6 and the height plus all the safety features.
    I hope the MPG improves. I expected 22-23 for my mixed driving, but so far I am getting 19.4.
  • jgauncejgaunce Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a limited FWD on Dec. 18 from Fitz Auto Mall. The color was Alpine Frost. It had the folowing options: Carpeted Floor Mats, Roof Rack Cross rails, Cupholder Insert. I did not take rebates and opted for 0% financing.

Price: $21,800
    6% Sales Tax: $1308
    Dealer Processing Fee: $99
    Tags: $115
    Tire Recycling Fee$4
    Out the Door Cost was $23,326
  • jgauncejgaunce Member Posts: 2
    I believe the battery problem was due to a defective radio. I do not believe it is a problem for 07's or 08's. My experience is Fitz auto mall has best prices without lots of hassle. You can pay to have car shipped to you on flatbed. I would at least go to their website and use it as basis for negotiation with local dealer.