Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson Prices Paid and Buying Experience

sockpuppet1969sockpuppet1969 Member Posts: 308
I am looking at a 2005 Tuscon in North Carolina. LX 4WD with sunroof. My target price not including additional options (crossbars on the roof rack and a tow hitch) is 23K (including current $500 rebate). This is a little less than the current Edmunds TMV. Does this seem reasonable?

Comments

• csuvcsuv Member Posts: 25
    A little too much. Try get a price $1000 below the invoice price. Visit all the dealers in your area. Don't rush to buy. The one with most inventory will see you at low price.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Invoice on that car is about $23,400. Your offer is $100 over invoice minus the rebate. While not unreasonable, it might be difficult on this car depending upon the dealer.
  • raythegermanraythegerman Member Posts: 27
    My wife and I recently purchased a 4WD GLS with a sunroof, cup holder pad and the updated 6 disc CD/cassette radio. Before buying the car however, we checked with our two Buffalo, New York area dealers for cost comparisions. One would discount the MSRP by $1100 and the other by $1200, which is where we purchased our vehicle...And this was before the $500 rebate and $750 competitive vehicle discounts.....The TMV price was $22,655 and the $1200 off the $23,344 MSRP resulted in a price of $22,144, which is $511 less than the TMV...And this is before the $500 and $750 discounts....I would say shop around and get a lower price than the $23,000 you are thinking about....Good luck!
  • oskwioskwi Member Posts: 88
    Greetings fellow "Buffalonian"! (I live in the Tonawanda area)

I just test drove a 2WD Tucson at Towne in Orchard Park...they seemed more willing to accommodate than some of the other dealerships I have visited in the past. I am assuming that the other dealership you are referring to is Northtown on Sheridan Drive? Which dealership was the better of the two AND what is the "competitive vehicle discount"? That wasn't mentioned when I went to Towne on Monday of this past week.

Thanks for your time and input.
    To oskwi: Greetings to you and I live in the Town of Tonawanda also...Yes, we purchased our vehicle from Northtown....They gave us a $1200 discount off the MSRP....Up to May 31st Hyundai gave a $750 discount if you owned a selected competitive vehicle----my wife leased a Toyota Rav4 and the lease was due to expire....Instead of purchasing the Rav at the end of the lease, we test drove the Hyundai and were very impressed by the ride and the attention to quality...So we purchased the Tucson.....I would recommend the 4WD Tucson due to our Buffalo winters.....That is what we purchased but since it was in May, we haven't tested it in the winter....Towne did give us a discount of $1100 and when we went to Northtown, they had to beat it to get our business...If I were you, I would insist on at least the $1200 discount....Good luck and keep me posted on what you do!
  • sockpuppet1969sockpuppet1969 Member Posts: 308
    So I called around and got the area Hyundai dealers bidding against each other. I made a deal for an '05 Tuscon XL 4WD with sunroof in the color I wanted (silver/grey) for an OTD price of $23,400. This is $1,000 better than my local dealer (where I test drove the vehicle) was able to do. They had to buy the car from another dealer (one which I did not call) and are driving it to their dealership tonight. I pick it up tomorrow. I am very happy with the price and hopefully the car as well. The dealer I am buying from is about 50 miles away. :)

One of the big differences in the deals was that my local dealer refused to drop the advertising fee. His loss.
    Small world!

I'm actually relocating down to Louisville so I decided not to look at the 4WD models. I know this isn't exactly related to the thread, BUT the current Erie County fiasco and the lack of jobs caused me to look elsewhere for work and I signed a contract before I had even graduated with my Master's degree! I know that wouldn't have happened in WNY!

Back to the topic...I test drove a Matrix this past week just to see what Toyota had to offer for the crossover segment. I absolutely hated it! It had zero pick-up and seemed to be cheaply made...I wasn't impressed. I also looked at the RAV4 and by the time I add all of the features I would want, I would be looking at close to $27,000...no thanks. I've eliminated most everything else...I did like the Escape rental that I had this past week when my car was in for servicing, BUT after seeing a report on CNN about faulty speed sensor switches and subsequent engine fires (and house fires if parked in an attached garage), I think I'll pursue something else.

So, needless to say, the Tucson is definitely on the "short list" and the list is getting shorter with each test drive. I'll keep you posted!
    Sorry to see you leave Erie County but I can't blame you...My step-son graduated from UB a few years back and just couldn't find a suitable job here....He finally left and moved to Lancaster, PA and works for the federal government....The whole situation here in Erie County just disgusts me...Watch the 1% tax go through along with a huge property tax.

My wife had a RAV4 for four years under a lease and it was a great car---no problems for the four years she had it....However, as you say, a loaded RAV is going to cost around $27,000......We obtained the GLS Tucson after all the discounts for less than $21,000....and it has a much better ride than the RAV! I just hope it holds up as well as the RAV over the long term. I also see in the paper today that Fuccillo on Grand Island is going to open a Hyundai dealership there around November---maybe you can get a better deal with them, if you're still here at that time....Good luck in Louisville---maybe a race horse would be better than an SUV????
    I'm a teacher, so my contract starts in August. I would only be back in Buffalo to help my mother move out of state...she is a retired school teacher who has decided to sell her house now that I won't be living in the area!

As far a Fuccillo, I started off there looking at the Matrix and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. I was approached before I even got out of the car, which compared to the dealerships that completely ignore you, was a pleasant surprise. However, we got into a debate about the amount of time the cars have sat on the lot...I got the usual "these cars just came in" and I responded by saying that they looked like the same exact three cars that were there about a month ago...I remember colors and options and these were definitely the same cars! Also, the salesman was limited in his knowledge about Toyotas and told me that the car he just showed me had a sunroof...which it didn't. After he noticed his screw-up, he fell all over himself trying to correct it. (A gaping hole in the roof, or lack thereof, is a hard thing to miss) I can only imagine what the final contract would look like if he came in contact with it! To make a long story short, that's how I ended up at West Herr.

I looked at the Tucson again today...I really like the drive of the car...very quiet and responsive. I, like you, wonder about the long-term reliability, BUT with a 5/50,000 bumper to bumper warranty, I guess you can't beat it! I'm still on the fence, but I am leaning towards a new Tucson.

As far as the race horse...if I place my bets right next May at the Derby, I might be facing a very early retirement...wouldn't that be a shame?!
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    The TMV pricing given by Edmunds for a Tucson LX 4WD is about $22,000. My question is will this TMV price included all the other additions like license, taxes, plate, etc? If it doesn't include the additional costs how much approximately should I budget for this extra cost?

Thank
    TMV does not include taxes and fees. They vary depending upon state, dealer etc... Look at the paperwork on your last purchase and you should get a general idea.
  • rdillierrdillier Member Posts: 71
    Since both are owned by Hyundai, can anyone tell me the basic differences between the two? Considering a 4wd SUV for my wife, who works with a catering company. Haven't driven either yet. Also considering a Santa Fe, but I'm not sure about around-town mileage. After our '98 Mercury Sable died (Sheesh, how come foreign auto manufacturers can open U.S. plants and produce quality vehicles while Detroit churns out more of the same crud?) we DID test drive the '06 Sonata in both 4- and 6-cylinders, and they were GREAT.
  • secaseca Member Posts: 2
    You can buy Honda CRV EX for 22,000+ Tax easily in upstate NY. Why to go for Tucson when the price differential is just about 1,200 for Tucson. I would expect at least a differential of 4,000 for Tucson. If one get Santa Fe for 22,000 then it is ok.
  • rich67rich67 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a Tucson GLS and found basically the same deal at two dealerships, King and Rick Case......both mark up the sticker price about $1500. with phantom services which mean nothing.....if you deduct them and about another $1000. you should come close. The Santa Fe is a better and cheaper buy with the 3500. rebate, but is somewhat underpowered. I understand they are going to offer a new Santa Fe which is bigger and more powerful, made in the new plant in Alabama for 2006. The Tucson was compared with the Subaru Forester, RAV 4, VUE, Honda CRV.....found it to be the best ride and warranty.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Read the Sportage or Tucson Forums from the start, look at both websites or compare brochures!!!!!!!!!
  • justanswermejustanswerme Member Posts: 1
    I also drove about 50 miles to buy my Hyundai, and I have 3 other dealerships within a 12 mile radius. They just wouldn't match the quote. Their loss. You'll love your Tucson - it's been great the first 7500 miles.
  • ysheldonysheldon Member Posts: 7
    This evening I bought a Tucson LX 4WD w/ sunroof at Kerry Hyundai, Alexandria, KY. It is loaded, and I guess the package is the top of line. Looked around Greater Cincinnati area for a week or so. It is amazing that I could not find any LX FWD with the color we prefer. Finally moved to 4WD with the right color. The OTD price is $23,000. My wife and me are happy with this new vehicle. Hope it will run great in the future.
  • rdillierrdillier Member Posts: 71
    Monday night we contributed our bit to the overall economy, purchasing a 2005, Mesa Red Tucson GLS V6 at Antwerpin Hyundai in Clarksville, MD. First new car in my 42-year driving experience. Of course, I only get to see it when my wife parks it in the driveway. Outside of the test drive, my only time behind the wheel came on the 10.8-mile drive from the dealer to home... ;).

Our daughter bought a 2005 Sonata there in June, so the sales person knew us, and knew I wouldn't respond to pressure (I'd rather have a root canal than talk with car sales people.). The deal was good, about $19,800 plus the taxes, license, etc. We also added the extended warranty because we tend to drive cars until they're on life support. Wasn't quite as prepared for the "back end" of the deal, however, so I want to sharpen up on those skills before I go back to purchase a 2006 Sonata in a few months. Any tips for me? Hyundai sure has come along nicely since my '88 Excel.
    My tip would be to not wait a couple months before getting a Sonata. Right now you will get $1,000 owner loyalty rebate and $1,000 bonus cash if you finance through Hyundai.
  • rxcaptrxcapt Member Posts: 17
    Bought a Tucson LX from Fitzgerald Automall in Gaitherburg. No haggle Dealer (supposedly). Paid $21,365 (plus taxes). Overall a good buying experience, except they forgot about the $500 military rebate (luckily I found out about it through the Edmunds info pak, that alone more than paid for the fee so I knew to get it), they sold the car I wanted and had to drive one down from Baltimore.

IMPORTANT-if you go there, a word to the wise, Fitzgerald stores their excess cars at Lakeforest mall in a separate parking lot on the HECHTS side of the mall. Well worth it to drive over there and see all the cars and colors (and prices) without a salesman hovering around you. They also have a lot there (1 over) that is full of jeeps.

As an aside, I tried to get Alexandria Hyundai involved to see what kind of deal I could get from them. They were a bit aloof to be polite. Total waste of time.

Fitzgerald did try the strong arm on "glass breakage sensors". Brought in this older gentleman that was "just looking out for me". I thought he was going to be in tears pleading with me to just get the sensors ($399). You should have seen the look on his face when another salesman came by and told him the sensors they had were incompatible with the Tucson! :cry:
  • greg_in_pagreg_in_pa Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up a 4wd GLS Tuscan (alpine frost). Sticker was $23,199, I paid 20,400 plus tax& tags. Current rebate for me was $1000, I didnt qualify for previous owner rebate(500). Priced it out at 4 different dealers, the one I bought from was about $400 less than all others...
  • gregfromnycgregfromnyc Member Posts: 53
    I'm from New York City. On Friday we (wife and I and 2 kids) test drove an automatic drive GS. Yesterday we test drove a FWD GLS (also automatic). We liked it and after some this and that'ing got a price quote of $20K for a 4WD GLS.

This price is supposed to include taxes (normally around $1800), delivery fee (normally around $595). Since we might take the 3.9% Hyundia financing, the above fee waives the $1K rebate offer (apparently it is either/or). This afternoon as we were reviewing the "order" sheet, we noticed that it is non-committal and that the guy did not write that the price was inclusive of all fees and taxes.

Frankly, I find this hard to believe, but since the manager even said yes in our presence twice that they would waive FWD to 4WD upgrade, and no delivery free, we are going to try and stick to our guns on that (for the little good it will probably do) but expect they will claim that including the tax was our misunderstanding.

Has anybody heard of any deal such as this? Or are we about too enter finance manager hell? Normally I'd expect the latter, but now that Hyundia is having the rebates and dealers will want to get the 2005 off the lots, I'm curious if this is going to be normal pricing for the next month?

That said, we got into a deep discussion around 2pm and decided that it's likely we're about to be taken for a ride and went to visit another local dealer. Well, suffice it to say that this guy wanted to charge tax and delivery fee. To boot, he also wants to charge $500 advertising (already told him that was ridiculous but for now he wants to stick to that it's normal and just ok to charge that) and also a $493 "pre-fee" (when I asked him what the was he said it was a fee to remove the plastic and such from the seat, I had to do what I could to be on the floor laughing to death). We almost got him to waive the $493 fee, though he insisted it too was normal and just ok to charge, but as the price is so different than the alledged $20K from the other dealer, don't know what to make of what.

Very much thanks in advance, even if but to say I'm just doing wishful thinking from either dealer. I shudder the thought of perhaps having to visit a third dealer (which may have to be in Manhattan) to got a 3rd opinion :)
    Also, in case the $20K dealer is into playing games, whether we go with them or not.. we're have quandry question, though it will help if we need to redecide the purchase...

And that quandry is about the 4WD. First, I'm confused about whether it is true 4wd or not. Anybody know? (sorry, I don't know internal terms or whatnot to phrase this any better).

But mostly: We drive in sand for recreation, etc. but if had too, can find alternative sources of recreation if it came down to it. So this reduces the question to this: Give we have iced roads, snow, etc in New York City, how will a FWD fare? A few people mention Buffalo and upstate NY (at least I think they did) so am curious if any of you have FWDs and how they survived winters? I'm not so concerned about blizzards of the century (nobody will be able to move their cars then) or even about highway driving (most will be cleared enough to not be a problem) but driving to local supermarket, parking on iced parking spots (getting in and out), getting 10 miles to next town on local road, etc.

So, IOWs, notwithstanding my technical questions, do I really need 4WD/AWD? This may help if the dealer really doesn't offer the same cost cost FWD and 4WD.
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    The Tucson has traction control and stability control; so you do not need 4WD. 4WD will give you better acceleration out of stop signs on snow but that's about it.
    Minus say driving on dry sand, is it generally agreed that that is the only benefit to 4WD on a Tuscon?
    Well, the good news is that we went back to the dealer and the sales rep appeared to write in all the right numbers for us in all the right places. So it appears we have a 4WD GLS automatic "for $20K." We're going to finance $10K of it and so taxes are included, so it's 3.9% on that, or $239 for 60 months (or $14340 if done over 60 months). So bottom line is $24340. Pickup should be tomorrow! My fingers are crossed it goes smooth.
    A loan of $10K over 5 years at 3.9% should give you monthly payments of $183.71 per month! A total of $11,022.86.

There is a macro in Excel to calculate monthly payments on a loan.

The numbers your dealer is giving you do not seem right!
    Yikes, I wrote that wrong. Originally we thought it was tax included on the $20K, so I keep thinking we're putting down 1/2 (hence $10K) and owe the other half ($10K), but since the clarification that tax is additional in the financing deal, that means we're putting 10K down, leaving some 10K + 1800 or so for the tax, or $11800 to be financed, bringing it to $2xx. On a web thing I did they were off some about $15/month, but I'm expecting the contract tonight to lay it out, and am expecting this is an upfront admin fee that accounts for that.
    That's a $900.00 admin fee. At $239. per month, what you have is the equivalent of a 8% loan. Hardly a bargain....

Try to negociate that down!

Good luck!
    I took the $1000 rebate from hyundai, and got 5% from a local bank for 60 months. The 3.9 percent from hyundai is no bargain......I financed about $10,000 btw.
    You did the right thing, congratulations!

I was facing the same situation up here and did the same thing; I took the rebate from Hyundai and financed from the bank.

Altough I like the product and have good service from the dealer; I'm not impressed with their sales tactics and all these hidden costs.

Guy
  • binkleyyazbinkleyyaz Member Posts: 2
    Wife and I picked up a blue LX with grey interior & a sunroof today. We kept the haggling to the total OTD price including trade-in ('97 Saturn). Not always the best way to do things, but as long as you keep a clear idea of what to expect for everything it *is* a simpler way to negotiate. Worked out to about $22,120 including trade, taxes, fees, rebate, etc. Since KBB on our trade-in basically canceled out sales tax, that final OTD price can be considered the final selling price including destination charge and rebate. Pretty close to TMV for our area, so I'm happy. Didn't get taken, didn't rob them.
    >...took the $1000 rebate from hyundai, and got 5% from a local
    >bank for 60 months. The 3.9 percent from hyundai is no bargain
    >.....I financed about $10,000 btw.

Actually, one mistake made is that it's 3.5%. Either way, how is 5 better than 3.9 or 3.5?

I'm curious which car you got, what the price breakdowns turned out to be, exactly how much you financed, and in the end, what is your monthly payment?
    Altough Hyundai advertize 3.9% (or 3.5%) there are admin. "fees" hidden in there. The monthly payment quoted from the dealer was actually $15.00 per month more than what it should have been. Over 60 months thats $900!! That payment was the equivalent of a "real" 8%.

So yes, 5% is better than 8%.

Same thing happened to me here in Canada. The dealer quote me a price, an interest rate and a monthly payment but when i do the maths, the monthly payment he quoted me was $15 per month more than a bank would charge for the same amount and same interest rate.

I'm sure 95% of the customers do not double check the numbers given by the dealer. As long as they can afford the monthly payment, they go for it.
    In our case it wasn't higher, however, "the dealer" misrepresented the deal. That's why we went back to the dealer twice to get it staightened out, and also why the finance guy refused to handle our deal when contract signing time came (because it was a different deal and we wanted to understand it before accepting it).

Also, isn't the interest amoritzed (think that's the right word) so neither 3.5, 3.9, 5 or 8 is the correct "flat" rate, no?

Anyway, I'm still curious if anybody with a stock GLS 4WD and $10K down is playing less that $231/month over 60? We were satisfied with $231, but that we could afford it wasn't the only reason. Otherwise it would have only taken us 5 minutes to sign instead of 5 hours :) Here's what we ended up with:

Price of car: $22753.33 ($20995 + tax $1758)
    down: $10100
    :. financed: $12743

finance rate was 3.5%
    :. finance change is $1165.03
    so total payments = $13908.60

We're a done deal, so nothing we can done AFAIK, but I'm still curious if there is some error in our numbers?

It also seems to me that an 5% rate would be about $241, or finance charge of ~1686 instead of $1165, and 8% would be about $258 or finance charge of ~$2759.

It also seems to me that although there probably is a pro to the $1K rebate, that in the end, for my case it's almost a wash, though I agree that generally speaking you're ahead a bit.
    You're OK. A $12,743. loan at 3.5% over 5 years does equate to $231.82 per month.

Enjoy your Tucson!
    Phew, you got me nervous!! Ok, so we're ok on the dollars, and in the end just got an average deal too, right? We're burning rubber at 50 miles now :), including night and highway traffic and have no regrets. Steering is stiffer than I prefer, and engine on highway is an odd noise maker, but us and kids and very comfy thus far. I'm going to try the 4WD on various grades of sand tomorrow just to be sure it actually works, and that will make me more comft re NYC winters readiness, though I was convinced by others the 4WD was not really necessary for that.

That all aside, we had 3 major "dilemmas" and a number of minor ones:
    * The original deal was too good to be true (it was). I truly feel sorry for the salesman who was not there for the signing.
    * The contract was actualy printed erroneously! And it was only by going through it line by line that I was able to detect that. Unfortunately the finance manager refused to handle us at that point. (Obviously we rectificed this, but w/o alerting everybody else to what he was doing, OTOH, it's probably why they have him there.)
    * Once we understood the "new deal", the problem was not that it was not nice monthly payments, the problem is that we believe that my wife is about to be layed off and why why choose the financing, otherwise, we wanted the option to pay it off in about a year (which was always allowed) if she is not layed off. That's a problem because now if we do pay it off, the base price of the car (and hence the total taxes) added some $2.7K. This was the quandry because if we keep the fiancing, it's some $600 less than the original deal even though the base price of the car in the original deal was cheaper. "Of course" they knew this all along, and no doubt planned to do this all along too. I suspect this has something to do with the way they sell the financing contract to the finance companies.
    BTW, on the $10K that we put down, the dealer would only let us put down $4K on our credit card. What's the deal with not letting us do the whole $10K on credit?
    Probably the 3% they have to pay to the bank on all credit card transactions....
    Also, as I understand it, my '05 car came to the US through NJ. Is there any reason to believe that anything on it has a recall fix or anything like that which is necessary for me to have performed? What about non-official problems?

Also, I don't plan to do this, but if need be, has anybody done towing with their Tuscon? If so, how, and what was your experience?

Also, I'm at a loss how some of you are calculating MPG reports, please advise how, thanks?
    Because you only get the 3.5% if you give up the $1000 rebate..... Take the $1000 from Hyundai and get your own financing, you will come out way ahead....
    We got a 2005 4wd gls with sunroof and crossrails, 23,199 msrp. paid 20,400 + 160 (for registration tags and fees) and 1,233 tax(6%) and financed $10,000 for about $190 a month. I was surprised they did the deal........
    Can you give an actual example of taking the $1K, getting your own financing, and coming out way ahead? Thanks.
    OK, let's take your own deal as an example. With the $1,000 rebate from Hyundai your car would have come out at $21,669. ($19,995 +tax $1,674) Let's still apply the same down $10100. so you have to finance $11,569.

At 5% this equates to monthly payments of $218. or $13. less than your own deal.

60 payments time $13. equals $780. So taking the rebate and financing at 5% was the way to go.

And that $4K you put on a credit card, I hope you can pay it right away, otherwise you will pay a ton of interest charges on it.
    >...so you have to finance $11,569... monthy payments... [$780]...
    >..less than you own deal

It's my belief that this is false, as it's my understanding it does not work that way in NY, but agree it may elsewhere.

>$4k.. pay it right away

Indeed, which is why we wanted the whole $10K on it, because we would pay it right away, and to boot, would get purchase benefits from having done so, because it was a vendor credit card whose products we use often (LL Bean).
    Drove my 4wd Tuscon in loose sand today... it made it but I was not necessarily impressed. My Blazer's used to "float" right over it, but the Tucson seemed close to not making it, at least it sure felt that way. My sister was with me and got nervous so after ~300 feet I turned back. Anybody else with sand experience?
    A question from a deal has me thinking today.. maybe somebody can clarify. Hyundia Finance Motor Corp has the 3.5% financing deal going on. Why then did my dealer still need to do a credit check? Will HFMC actually reject people with bad credit? Also, another dealer refused to give us financing pricing at all, saying it could only be provided at the same time we signed the contracts, what's up with that? Another dealer in email also says they can't provide financing w/o our details, even though I've told them the credit score that we have (832). What's up with all this? Games, or some real underlying basis to stalling?

Lastly, why should a dealer offer two different base prices for a car depending upon whether you purchase without financing and another if you purchase with financing? I understanding they sell the finance contract to the financer, but how does the base price of the car help them?
    Hyundai finance is actually very strict when it comes to credit requirements. They decline a lot of people.

The dealers that would not give finance information without a credit application are doing it right. With the current privacy laws, your salesperson is not actually permitted to see your credit report. Only the finance managers and if necessary, sales managers are permitted to know your credit.

As far as providing your credit score, while it may be accurate, we've heard it all before. Also there are 3 different credit bureaus and each bank typically only will consider one of them. It is not unusual to have as much as a 100 point difference in your scores, even if they show the exact same credit history.
    I'm still very curious about this. In our case, the salesman made us (my wife) sign a statement in order to get the credit report a few days before we purchased the car, so that he could actually give us exact numbers. Are you saying he did something illegal? I really can't remember what it said any longer, but it did deal with privacy, but we did press him to do it. Anyway, I'm curious what happens once you allow the salesman to check? Is it only the number they are looking for.. from whatever bureau they're choosing? If not, what?

Also, it I went to say freecreditcheck.com or whatever it is, and got the numbers from the 3 different bureas, why can't the dealer use that? Note again that we were asking all the dealer specifically about HFMCs financing and not some wide sweep pick the best kind of query.

I'm guessing that my credit is totally across the board, but my wife pays things religiously, but I guess we really won't know until we actually get the reports ourselves (which isn't a bad idea, and probably we should, certainly for my credit, I bet mine has many mistakes).

BTW, what is the highest credit score possible, 1000?

ADDED: Actually, I was thinking of this http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/freereports/index.html which begins for us in 5 days. Will those be the 3 you're referring to? Or are they (gulp) even more of them?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    Financing decisions are not made solely on the basis of your FICO or Beacon score... Credit history is only one parameter.. They factor in employment history and income...

Every finance company has their own standards, and the credit report is only one part of the decision..

There is really no way the dealer could make any final offers, including financing, without running a credit app, and verifying job history and income..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator