Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• moni007moni007 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a used 2007 SE V6 Tuscon with 13,000 miles. OTD $18068. Is that a good price
  • jsutton121jsutton121 Member Posts: 1
    I got what I think was the best deal picking up a 2007 Limited still on the lot at my local dealer (Dutch Miller in Huntington, WV). It was a higher level vehicle than what I was originally looking for, but with the 2009 models starting to hit the lot, I thought I'd take a chance, and really shoot low.

$23,845 - MSRP
    $1,300 - Premium Package (sunroof, upgraded stereo)
    $150.00 - Carpeted Floor Mats
    $110.00 - All Weather Floor Mats (my request to have both)
    $15.00 - Front Cut Holder Insert
    $75.00 - Mudguards
    $100.00 - Sunroof Wind Deflector
    $660.00 - Inland Freight & Handling

$26,255.00 Total MSRP

There was also a $1,500 rebatre from Hyundai at the time of purchase, driving down the price to $24,755. I offered, and stuck to $21,000, stated I wanted KBB for my 2000 Corolla ($3,500), and put down $1,000 cash, and paid tax, title and license outside of financing.

The dealership was great, and at first came back with $22,800, but I stated I was not trying to get to a specific monthly payment, and wanted $21,500, or I'd leave. They made a call to the owner to get approval, and came back saying it was mine.

I think I made a pretty good deal based on what I've read online, and if anyone else is out there looking, and can find an older model still new on the lot, hopefully you can get a deal like this or better.

Lovin' my new Tucson, and glad it purchased it over a 2008 Nissan Rogue or 2008 Honda Element.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    that was a real grate price for what you got Nice to find a left over on the lot rair find you got lucky I no you will love it grate truck the Roge and that other one you said are good also you like what you like and what soots you best thanks for reading.
  • mrbestmrbest Member Posts: 1
    Bentley Hyundai in Huntsville, al
    May,2008
    31 miles when brought
    $20200 drive out the door
    very happy with the deal :) unhappy with gas mileage :mad:
  • tyac77tyac77 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone in the New Haven CT area find a Hyundai dealership that they would recommend? Currently have a Tuscon and love it but need to locate a reputable dealership
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    nice nice grate car I am shore you will love it yes the gas milage might not be not what you expectadecd it to be or what ever grate truck good luck with it thankyou for reading.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai vehicle recently (within the past four months) because of the Hyundai Assurance Program. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, June 5, 2009.
  • incugatorincugator Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a Tucson GLS with the Popular Equipment Package in Southern California for $23,100 out the door including tax, tag, title and freight charges. Tax in Los Angeles is 9.25%. The Price of the car was about $20,500 without all the goods. I got 2.9% financing and that required 0 down. I did put a little down. The finacing rate was good for 24-60 month loans.
  • cyberman1cyberman1 Member Posts: 6
    would like to see some posts of msrp of your 2010 and then what you actually paid etc
    seems like an awesone deal what dealership did you use? best price ive received so far is MSRP 25,240 for $23,149 and the limited with prem package and carpets MSRP $28,090 for $25,547
  • chapusinchapusin Member Posts: 19
    Those are good prices, the best price i've gotten is MSRP = $25,240, My Price = $24,310, you got 2500 off on the limited with prem pack, wow. What dealer is this? It's probably worth it to buy it over the internetz
    I would like to know what dealer this is, too. Who were you able to get 2.9% with 0 down :O?
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    All Kia dealers are offering that rate thru 1 Feb.......though in his case that must be 1 hefty car payment which I'll never understand,
  • incugatorincugator Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the slow response. I purchased my car at Glendora Hyundai in Glendora, CA. Once again. It was a GLS PZEV with the Popular Equipment package. Dealerships have not established the "selling price" of this car yet because it is brand new. I got it for $23,180 out the door with all charges and Los Angles has a 9.25% sales tax. I got most dealerships got down to about $24,000. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info. incugator@hotmail.com
    harbor hyundai in long beach, going back to them for my tucson because elantra i bought there in dec was great price and smooth transaction.
    Just found out hyundai will not offer any financing on any vehiclesc for commercial companies, even with a personal guarantee. :(
    well after talking to hyundai finance via email, it is apparantly up to the dealer how they choose to write their financing contract, so today i found another dealer who actually beat my already awesome price and wrote it all up in my company name. i am so impressed with this tucson, you wont be disappointed
  • maryteresamaryteresa Member Posts: 3
    Just for information - in case this helps anyone in New York state. I bought the above mentioned Tucson at Fuccillo in Syracuse for $23,430 plus tax and title/licensing. I think I got a decent deal. It was $100 over the invoice they showed me. What do others think? At least I am giving you a point of comparison. (Also, BTW, the "bottom line" price they gave me over the phone before I actually went to the showroom was $23,790, so they WILL come down, but they have to get you in the door first.)
    Thrusday I finally bought my '10 Tucson, limited with premium package, MSRP was 28,100 and they wanted to sell it to me at 26,700, at the end I got it at 25,800 plus tax and license :) 3.9 % financing at 72 months, 4k down, 380 a month. The only bad side is 27k miles ago I paid 11,500 for my 02 Jeep Liberty and as I trade in they gave me only 3k, but oh well, I'm happy I have a reliable and safe vehicle now.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    was this 2wd or 4wd? moonroof and navigation or not?
    2wd, and premium package is for navigation and moonroof.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Is the taupe interior light tannish? It isn't grayish, is it? Is it two tone? Steering wheel one color, the dash another? I do know there's a two tone red/black. Just am confused with taupe color. Any help?
    It is two tone, seats are grayish with black. Steering wheel is black and dash is gray with black also but it might not be black it is more like very dark gray, it is very nice.
  • shanshicnshanshicn Member Posts: 1
    one dealer told me they work with a company to install the panoramic sunroof, which may save the navigation cost. will that damage the warranty? anybody has experience? thanks.
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Member Posts: 2,242
    Wow, I don't know if I would want someone cutting the roof out of my new Tucson. We just got our Ltd with the premium package. In addition to the roof and NAV, the backup camera is great and the upgraded radio is probably the best I have heard in a Hyundai.

2010 Tucson Ltd, everything but AWD. Where we live, if you need AWD you are someplace you shouldn't be! :)
  • babalu22babalu22 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jim,

Anyway you could share where you purchased and what the deal was as I too am looking to get the Tucson LTD w/o the panoramic roof which I was quoted a price of $2800 which to me seems excessive add'l. cost, we are on the fence with purchasing the Nav and prem. radio as well but with all else, it seems like a good crossover to purchase. thx.
  • babalu22babalu22 Member Posts: 2
    Hi chapusin,
    Would you be able to tell where you got this Tucson w/ LTD w/ prim. package for $25,800 (city,state) as this seems like a good price, any tips on how you were able to secure this price lso appreciated, good luck with your Tucson, I am sure you are very satisfied. thx.
  • reubenray1reubenray1 Member Posts: 21
    What is the difference between these and what does PZEV stand for?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Partial Zero Emission Vehicle..

They meet the emission requirements of CARB states.. (California Air Resource Board?). About 5-10 states that have stricter emission requirements than the US EPA requires... Some vehicles are 50-state compliant.. some vehicles make special emission systems for those states, but are sometimes available in other states, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2010
    I went by a dealership this morning in Louisiana to see what they had. They had 3 new Tucson's on the lot. Two of them had an adjustment of $1,350 tacked onto the MSRP. The other one did not not and it appeared to have just arrived. The sticker on the window had an extension on it that had the adjustment. I cannot remember what the other word was in front of the adjustment.

Any idea what this is? It put their cost higher than another dealership I went by on Friday.

I still have not driven a Tucson yet and may not be able to for another month. If I was to buy a Tucson out right what type of cost would I be looking at for the Limited front wheel drive version without any other options? My wife loves the look of the Tucson, but my only hesitation is does the engine have enough power and how does it ride. I am currently working in Houston and you will get run over if you do not have enough power to get up and go.
    Just go to zag.com and check the price you can get with them on your area, mine fully loaded was just below 26k without TTL

As for power, it doesn't have the thrust of my old v6 jeep liberty but i find it enought for the wife, specially since she's carrying my kids, i dont want her accelerating like if she was driving my golf gti :d
  • maringamaringa Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2010
    You won't be able to get anywhere near invoice, but if you go to autobrag, you should be able to see people are able to get around $800 to $1,200 off.

Also Fitzmall is another good site to get an idea what the going rate is on Tucson's.
  • seunghunseunghun Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    MSRP $26,090 (invoice $25,136), dealership I visited today offered me $25,090 before TTL. Sales manager didn't want to tell me APR until I agree with this number, so I just walked away. This was the only dealership I've visited, but based on few phone calls I've made Hyundai dealers won't negotiate a lot for 2010 tucson. Few people who posted here got a decent deal, I just don't know how.
  • ffx1234ffx1234 Member Posts: 8
    Got my GLS w/ popular equipment plus some small extras for $20,994 (with freight included) before taxes and fees. MSRP was 22,825. Had the car for about two weeks now and I'm loving it!!!
    Dude, it's easier that you think but you will never be able to do it walking in on dealerships. They will rape you if you do this. The secret is negotiating online, go to the website of 5 dealers around you, talk to their internet guy and tell them you are comparing prices on tucson's and ask them to send you their best price. After you have the prices, make them fight by sending the other one the deal you got and they want your bussiness so they will try to match it or lower it. That's how I got mine, I confronted my local dealer against a price from a dealer 120 miles away. Regarding the APR, I got the Hyundai prime rate which was 3.9% for 72 months or 2.9% for 60 months I think, my credit is not even super perfect it was around 730, from what I understand Hyundai Finance is very flexible. Also look at the documentation and fees thing at the end, they will try to charge you with the security system and all that sort of crap.
  • msolo1msolo1 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal. Where did you get the vehicle and what were some of the extra's you got? I am looking at the exact same vehice.
    Mine was 2200 off MSRP so, not true
    This is exactly what I plan on doing all across South Louisiana. There are about 7 dealerships that I can hit coming from Houston to my home. Is there a minimum or maximum for the amount that can be financed? I was wanting to put about half of the cost down as the down payment.
    Bought in Northern Virginia. Fairfax Hyundai, to be particular. Very painless experience! The extras were carpeted mats, cargo net, cargo tray.. and something else. Can't remember right now!
    Reubenray1, I put just about half-down and financed maybe 11,000. I received the promotional 2.90 financing for 60 months.
    I sent in quote requests to 8 different dealerships across South Louisiana. Let the games begin!
    I received two quotes today, but one really stood out. It was $725 below the MSRP, but they would give me free oil changes every 7500 miles plus two sets of tires. I do not think I have ever owned a vehicle that I had to buy two sets of tires.

I wonder what the gimmick is? Of course all they have is one at this price.
  • basil123basil123 Member Posts: 2
    I know your buying a vehicle that cost thousands of dollars, believe me the salesperson isn't getting it. In the 2010 Hyundai Tucson, there is $1,200 profit WOW. Im sure the dealer is sending all the salespeople to Hawaii with it. The salesperson gets 25% of the remaining profit after the dealer takes from 300 to 500 of the profit he cant make commission on. So out of $1200 profit (if you paid full price) If the dealer only takes out 300 leaves 900 for the salesperson to make commission on. So 25% of the 900 would make the salesperson $225.00. Seems good for a days work right. But we dont sell a car a day. Average sales across America is 8 to 10 cars a month.
    But listen, you came in with your wife and child, the salesperson spent 3 hours with you entertaining your family being curt ious to all your questions. And you told him you needed to think about it. Time is money, so you wasted their time and his boss is yelling at him about what he thinks the salesperson did wrong.
    Now a week later after your feeling all warm and fuzzy to the car when your most comfortable and have exhausted all the dealers in the area with your best price quotes. You might go back to the original sales person (and you feel like your doing him a favor) thats the least you can do, Let him go to your house and waste your time all day see how you feel. You will tell him the lowest price you found in America and if he wants your business he better beat it. IF THIS WAS REALITY IN OTHER FIELDS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB. We would expect are dentist to give us the best service in America at a chinese price!!

When your interested in a vehicle. Say a Hyundai, if your gona shop on the net for the best price before you buy. Find the best price first, then go waste that dealers time. Not the poor sap who made you and your wife like car because he was friendly and knew everything about the car to answer your questions.
    Nordstroms wouldn't exist if best price earned your business, thats not earning your business thats buying your business. Just be aware of whos time your wasting.

My favorite is the guy whos buying in six months. Why are you at the dealer already? Stay on the net. Or the guy who only talks to Fleet Managers!! How many are you buying? I know you have money so that makes you important, everyone at the dealer has money to buy a car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Gee.. You don't want shoppers in your store, until they are ready to buy? I bet your boss doesn't feel the same way.

As a frequent car buyer, and even more frequent car shopper, let me clue you in: You, personally, have no idea who is going to buy a car and who isn't. If this is your chosen profession and you want to succeed long-term, treat everyone as a potential sale, and avoid stereotyping... Treat enough people properly, and a big enough percentage will eventually be back. Unless you don't think you'll be around in six months, you'll need commissions, then, too..

Also.. don't discuss what you make (or don't make) with any customer. It just isn't professional.

People don't come in to buy cars without shopping first.. If you run off all the people that aren't "buying today", your pickings are going to be slim. Successful salespeople conform their behavior to what the customer wants, not the other way around.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jlflemmonsjlflemmons Member Posts: 2,242
    Sorry I hadn't replied. Been super busy. We got the Ltd with carpet mats (still can't believe those are optional). MSRP was 28,090, and we got $300 off that. There was only 2 Ltd in Texas at the time with the color and options the wife wanted, so the dealer went and got it for that price.

I know it was the worst possible time to buy (new introduction, very limited availability, high demand) but this was a 30th wedding anniversary gift to the wife. Figured she's put up with me for 30 years, so I owed her. :)
  • alecksalecks Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Basil, I have no tears for the dealership sales people. If they were honest and upfront about the price of the car, I would return the favor. Unfortunately, a car buying experience means dealing with some [non-permissible content removed] who will bait and switch, add fees at the last minute, leave you sitting in the room while he is "checking with the boss" multiple times (who is wasting time MY time now), never give the final price etc. Why do you think people go around dealerships talking, negotiating, thinking about it, blah blah, blah. It is because of this stupid game the car sales people came up with to buy a car. Do you think anybody enjoys taking wife and kids and spending 3 hours at a dealership? Most people would rather go to a dentist than buy a car. My time is money too and I don't have 3 hours to squeeze the final price out of some slimebag who keeps saying crap like "So, what monthly payment can you handle for this car?" or "What would it take for you to buy the car today". Just cut the BS, give me the price and save you and me the 3 hours of negotiations. At this day and age, we should to get past the Turkish bazar system for buying cars.
  • tinkerbell07tinkerbell07 Member Posts: 28
    I couldn't have said it better, and thank you for laying it out so eloquently. I have better things to do with my limited time than to play hide and seek with a salesman, the sales manager, and the general manager. Enuf already. I am a tired woman who works a full day for lawyers, and then takes care of a household. In between, I am researching vehicles and trying to get an honest, straightforward deal on a car. I expect the sales people to make money. If they don't, there will be no car dealerships with cars available for purchase. I don't, however, expect to be brutalized with pointless verbage and unimportant details about where the metal used to build my potential vehicle was mined, or at what temperature the rubber in the tires was fired. I don't care. I do care about the important facts, particularly how much money the dealership is going to wrest from my sweaty palms for options that I don't want, will never use and have never heard of. If you as a salesman have to spend 15 minutes explaining to me what a gizmo is and why I need it, then believe me, I don't need it!

3 weeks of car shopping and I'm so dazzled by the fancy footwork and technical specs tossed my way, that I'm ready to opt for a donkey cart and a bucket of hay (or whatever donkeys eat). Just think of the mileage I'd get on a bag of alfalfa!
  • jon0721jon0721 Member Posts: 25
    Boy Isn't that the truth. When they bring the four square into the picture I get up and leave. That device is eant to confuse and is a huge advantage to the dealer. The best thing to do is go to TRUECAR....and offer a fair price over their TRUE cost if the vehicle which only true car will indicate. They include all dealer incentives, holdback as well as advertising and delivery costs and also what people have paid based on real sales. Unlike Kelly who bases their used retail prices on what dealers are ASKING....

True cost for a 2010 Tuscon LTD with Premium package to a dealer is $25,958 Offer $500 above that and some dealer somewhere WILL sell you a car.
  • motordavidmotordavid Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2010
    We cross shopped several brands; narrowed down to Hyundai SantaFe or Tucson. We dogged the net for every dlr within a 2 hr drive; the most responsive and least annoying was the closest dlr to us, in Asheville, NC: Blanchard Hyundai. We went over: the sales guy was professional, informative, low-key, patient, etc. My wife drove 2 SantaFe examples and a Tucson. We stacked golf clubs and bags in trunk(s). We looked at all the cars, we were afforded all the time we wanted. The owner, same name, was very professional and courteous, and zero pressure.

My wife liked the Tucson better, (size, nimbleness, etc.), but the 2 Tucks on the lot were not the color, or the Limited; the owner did his own search and found the exact car she wanted at a dlr near Charlotte. He had it driven over, detailed well, and delivered the next day.

Completely loaded '10 Tuck Limited, list was pushing $29Gs. He gave us a thou off and, $2Gs better than best KBB price, on our trade, an '03 Honda CR-V, that had been nothing but a pos and nightmare for 7 years. She wrote the check for $19Gs and change, and we drove away. Maybe the best new car buying experience since I bought our '02 Vette way back when...Blanchard Hyundai, Asheville, NC.
    YMMV...
    GL, mD
  • montctypamontctypa Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted 23.4 K for AWD GLS with money factor 0.00132 and residual value 56% with 3 yr/36K lease - therefore total paid over lease would be 13236. However, they don't actually HAVE any 2010 awd gls's and are not sure how long it would take to get one....and state the money factor on the LTD AWD is about twice as much. Anyone lease one in the philly area?