Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

DODGE QUESTIONS---SLT? 1/2 TON

texasbeachtexasbeach Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Dodge
I AM NEW HERE,, SO PLEASE DONT LAUGH AT MY QUESTIONS, IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWERS,, THATS GREAT.. PLEASE REPLY EMAIL OR BOARD..

I AM WANTING A PICKUP.. GOT A CHANCE TO BUY A 1999 DODGE 4 DR 1/2TON SLT WITH 55,000 MILES..

I HAVE LOOKED UP KELLY BOOK.. NOT SURE WHAT ITS WORTH..

WHAT IS SLT PACKAGE CONSIST OF??
WHAT IS 1/2 TON....1500,2500 OR 3500?
ANYONE KNOW WHAT WOULD BE A GREAT BUY ..
ORIGINAL OWNER STILL MFG WARRANTY..TWO TONE PAINT

LEATHER INTERIOR..

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
I AM A SINGLE WOMAN AND KNOW NOT MUCH.. LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN.. AND NEED ADVICE..

Comments

• Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Welcome to Edmunds!

A few resources here that will help you get the answers you need - just clikc the links below:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500: Used Prices and Reviews

Dodge Ram Owners Club listings

The 1500 is the half-ton, the 2500 is 3/4-ton, and the 3500 is a one-ton.

Good luck, and just a note - typing in all capital letters is considered shouting in message boards, so when possible, please remember to turn off the CapsLock :) Also, we ask that you not request answers by email - this way others in your situation can also benefit from the responses.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    mnm1mnm1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Just trying to compare two pickups at the moment, but cannot find any info on the 4x4 in comparison to the 4x2 2002 model.
    We are in a dilema, do we really need a 4x4 will we use it or is the 4x2 good enough for the little off roading we will do? If anyone out there can help and let us know there opinion we would be sooooooo greatful.
    Thanks
    MnM
  • Options
    dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Four-wheel drive is not necessary until you need it. If you think you might be getting into to precarious positions off-road, then maybe considering a 4x4 is a good idea. However, there is a fuel penalty and increased maintenance and potential repair costs that will be associated with owning a 4x4.

I have survived 56 New York state winters without ever owning a 4x4. Yes, I've been stuck a few times, but so far the cost of doing so has been far less than actually owning a 4x4.

Good luck with your search.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    tex10tex10 Member Posts: 27
    well if go hunting i would you suggest 4x4 because never know what's at next bind and I have seen lot damage 4x4 an 4x2. you name it seen it happen at least thousand times but its fun at times in tel you have to go to shop for some thing like an axle or a Transmission some thing small like that. :):cry:

If you go hunting in Texas after it rain yeah your going to need it.
  • Options
    nrpheminrphemi Member Posts: 1
    I own a Hemi 2004 1500 quad cab 4X4...Try this... I installed a K & N filter as well as a tornado( I know, might be a gimick... but). I consistantly get 15 MPG running around town and have get 22 MPG strictly on the highway. Seems to work for me... at the rate these gas prices are going, everything helps! Does anyone know of a V chip which might help with better MPG? Does anyone know of a V chip which may help with MPG? email me at nrpettoruto@comcast.net.
    Nick Pettoruto
  • Options
    piercee1piercee1 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 dodge ram quad slt w/ stock 17 inch tires. Do I have to change the gear ratio to a 3.92 to have 20 inch tires put on?
  • Options
    tony63tony63 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE RECENTLY INSTALLED A K&N AIR FILTER IN MY 2005 RAM 1500 4.7 LITER. I WENT FROM 14.0MPG TO 16.0 MPG. DOES ANYBODY KNOW FOR A FACT HOW MUCH MORE I CAN GET OUT OF THE FLOW MASTER AMERICAN THUNDER.
  • Options
    tony63tony63 Member Posts: 2
    NICK I HAVE ALSO RECENTTLY ADDED A FEW MILES WITH THE K&N FILTER . I THINK I AM GOING TO PURCHASE THE FLOW MASTER CAT BACK KIT NEXT VS THE CHIP. I DO BELEIVE THAT I WILL HIT 17-18 MPG AROUND TOWN. I FEAR THE CHIP MIGHT IN TIME DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD AND COULD VOID MY POWER TRAIN WARRANTY. HOWEVER IF YOU DECIDE TO INSTALL THE CHIP IN YOUR TRUCK PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH THE RESULTS I AM ALSO CURIOUS IF THE CHIP WOULD BE A GOOD INVESTMENT.
    GOOD LUCK.
    TONY63
This discussion has been closed.