Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Accesories & Modifications

Comments

• professorbprofessorb Member Posts: 5
    I am also still trying to get my refund. I sent the air intake back and registered with Pay Pal but still no answer. there has to be a way to tak ethse guys off Ebay for selling parts that do not fit. Any ideas out there?
    Professorb
  • mikidymikidy Member Posts: 2
    I used dental floss to cut through the adhesive foam tape. There are 2 holes to keep the insignia correctly aligned. They are small and hardly noticable. You'll to use some sort of adhesive remover to get the gummy adhesive off. I also took the AVEO lettering off. People are always asking what kind of car I drive. It has no branding at all on the exterior.

Pop the hood and unscrew the grill, take the whole bowtie assembly off. It looks much sleeker without the bowtie in the grill.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Member Posts: 161
    Hey all. Well I am geting a 'high' of 19 mpg now,with the A/C on all the time,and all city driving. I replaced the spark plugs and replaced the oil with a top quality synthetic oil and a high quality filter. I put in Bosch Plus 4 plugs, very easy to replace,and I think I have a bit more power and the mileage did jump a bit,then I did the oil and filter and it jumped a bit more ..So I was at 16 mpg ALL the time to now I get 19 mpg if I drive VERY carefully. If I have any fun at all,it drops to 17 mpg. So..put in better plugs and a good synthetic oil, it may help. Just my 2 cents. :)
    I know this is long. Am I the only one that puts a 'Bra' on the front of their car? And you know what I mean by a Bra. The black vinyl protector for the front end. I put on one for just the hood. The entire front end Bra,was nearly $100...way to much for me. Anyway..I was washing my car and noticed that there is now a very light imprint of the fabric that is on the back of the bra,in the clearcoat that it covered. Has anyone had this happen to them before on ANY car or truck? I am in touch with the company that made this hood bra, and they are being very nice, so far, about fixing the problem. BUT I have the bra off now, and I am hoping the heat of the Florida sun and the heat of the engine will smooth out the ripple look I now have on the hood. It is worse on the ends where the bra is the tightest and I took it in to my GM dealer, and BEFORE I brought out the bra to show what caused the problem, the body shop was all ready with an explantion of how the 'clearcoat is applied in the factory and that there is nothing to do,it just happens from the factory,its normal for minor imperfctions'! I went to get an estimate for repairing this problem,and I got that reply!. THEN I showed him the bra, and I told him it is not a factory problem..and boy did he turn 180 degrees and say,'oh well it is the vibrating of the bra into the clearcoat and it has etched into the clearcoat,etc....' got a repair bill of $235, to strip it and repaint and clearcoat it. BUT he said..it is so minor,he would do nothing to it if it was his car. Because you have to bend and look at an angle to see it and you have to really look close to see it. BUT the fact that I like perfection and it is only 4 months old, he knows I wont be happy unless it is smooth. But he agreed with me that it could be in the layers of wax that I have on the hood OR it could be into the clearcoat,but it is NOT in the paint, BUT and it might smooth out in time with the cover off and with waxing and maybe a high speed buffing,only $25 though them. I need to get 3 estimates and return the bra to the comapny to MAYBE get a check for the lowest estimate I assume. And then I won't have any protection for the hood. So I am asking if anyone has had this happen to them with these vinyl protectors? I never have, till now. I love how he blamed the factory,until I tell him that the factory didnt do it, then he totally calms down and blames the bra,like I didnt know that, and he is more than happy to repair it, BUT he reccomends to not 'break the factory paint', because they can't get the paint as perfect as the factory, because they cant bake it on at as high a temp. as the factory...so he said leave it be and see what time does. Or do just a high speed buffing,and keep the rest of the money I get in a settlement,IF I get one. It would help if anyone else has had this problem...and maybe has pictures of it too, that I could send to this company. It is a very light imprint in the wax, I hope, or into the clearcoat,of the flannel backing on the bra...like a grid pattern. So..anyone ever have this happen? How are your hoods holding up to road debris with no protection on it? Any chips? Or what are you all using to protect your hoods, front bumpers from bugs, stones?
  • wave54wave54 Member Posts: 211
    How are your hoods holding up to road debris with no protection on it? Any chips? Or what are you all using to protect your hoods, front bumpers from bugs, stones?

Using nothing to protect the hood -- have some stone chips and a couple of gouges further up from debris coming off a truck. Clean up bug juice with cleaner and keep the hood waxed.

It's my feeling that you do the best you can, but cars don't stay perfect in the real world with 18-wheelers, kids on bikes, bugs, birds, acid rain, falling branches, construction and winter road salt.

Personally, I'd just get the buffing and go "braless". With the miniscule amount of city miles you drive, that car will look brand-new in 3 years. With bras and car covers, you run the risk of more damage from the rubbing than from stones.
  • scaveoscaveo Member Posts: 2
    I just say on Ebay a complete dash kit that comes in many colors cherrywood, carbon fiber, chrome, etc, for about $100. It covers the ashtray, opening above, replaces ac vents. Im ordering it today.Keep ya updated!
  • jlaobntefan44jlaobntefan44 Member Posts: 1
    Just put mine in last week...along with splitfire plugs...good low speed torque gains...worth the sixty dollars...dont know about mileage gain yet, wife drives 65 miles a day on interstate and gets 29.8-30.3 mpg
  • gmsteelgmsteel Member Posts: 2
    ok ok i got the cool air intake to work. if you pick uo version from autozone it will bolt up no prob. and you will notice a diff. in performance. its about $100 and very little mod. needs to be done. you can cut the shaft the distance of the air filter used and will give the right amount of clearancefor install. i would say that it took and a friend about 1hr of installation. but rmember if you increase the air flow in you need to increase the air flow out... :P
  • gmsteelgmsteel Member Posts: 2
    ok ok first dont use the rubber gromment go and pick up some sinsor friendly rtv silicon, and get blue so it wont stand out to much, file down the factory sensor so that it will fit into the slot but first lay down the silicon around the sensor, wait 1-24hr and there you go... :surprise:
  • sozekizersozekizer Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    I need some recommendations. I took my '06 aveo lt hatchback to a full service car wash yesterday. The minimum wage lackeys there removed the antenna from the roof-mount but stripped the top two threads in the roof-mount and now i can't get the antenna mast to screw back in. anyone have any ideas? it is as if the mount-hole had shrunk without those threads to grip.
    thanks.
    If your still on here...I finally got my refund from this theif. Dont buy from Track Racing on EBay...they never get back to you and always say...'call us and WE will fix this issue'. or something like that. It is a guy...not a company...anyway,I filed a second dispute with my credit card company,after shipping the intake system back,and this guy said he never got it,I filed a second complaint that I did send the mech. back and had an email from Track Racing saying they would refund my money if I returned it. Once I told them I had proof that I sent it to them,I got my refund to my credit card. I was basically a pest and wouldnt stop insisting on a refund. I sent the merchandise back,and since I charged it, they had to credit my charge card. IF you charged it,file a dispute again,if it isnt to late. You might win. It took 2 tries,but I finally won my refund. They sent me junk,it arrived dented and i still tried to install it and it didnt fit. So why should I get stuck with a bill for broken merchandise? And that doesnt fit. I lucked out,since I didnt send it with a delivery confirmation,THEY won the first time,but by telling my credit card company I at least had a receipt that I mailed something back to that address,that weighed 3.5 lbs,well,what did I send back then? Air? so my credit card sided with me. But dont buy an intake system yet. It doesnt exsist for this car. Unless you make something yourself. It just doesnt exsist. No company makes it. I found that out, the hard way!
    Has anyone bought a pair of aftermarket fog/driving lights for their Aveo hatchback? And had it installed by someone? I want to get a pair of them,they are only like $25-40,I think the installation will cost more. BUT I was wondering if anyone can reccomend a name brand for me. I have seen some really nice small ones from Piaa...that have the super bright white bulbs in them,to match the Silverstar headlight bulbs I installed a long time back. If you installed them yourself...where do you install the 'on off switch'? And how did you get it through the firewall to get it in the car cabin? This is the main reason I want to have a mechanic install them. I have no idea how to get through the firewall,and dont want to drill a hole,unless I have to,I am hoping there is a hole I could run the wires though and the switch. Anyone know? The Chevy pair cost a fortune,the pairs I find at the auto parts store,are inexpensive and much smaller,and look very cool and produce more light. I am thinking of keeping the black plastic inserts and have the wires run through them,so I don't have 2 big holes left in the bumper,leaving them in,I think would look very interesting. If the lights are small enough. so,any input would be great. Thanks.
  • professorbprofessorb Member Posts: 5
    I am gald you finally got it taken care of. I went another way with them. I put a hold on their account via an accelerated PayPal dispute and you would not beleive how fast I got my full refund. I do think these guys are serious scam artists and I beleive that they do know exactly what they are doing. Imagine the people who will just give up when their part does not fit and meet with so many obstacles when they try to get their money back. With the freight and handling charge being so high, they make a profit no matter which way they go. I would love to find a way to shut them down at least on Ebay to protect our other brothers and sisters out there that are just looking for a decent and honest supplier of parts.
    At any rate, have a happy holiday and know that these creeps will get their just desserts in the end.
    Regards,
    ProfessorB
    First. Congrats to you Professorb on getting your money back. At least WE didnt get totally screwed by those thieves. Second I returned the foglights. no one would install them for less than $150!. I might as well buy from GM and have them install factory ones! Anyway..the GM factory 'bug guard' ,hood protector,is FINALLY available to buy! It only took having the car out for over 4 years and offering it as an option when you buy it,but it was never able to be bought! Because as I was told, 'it isnt made by Korea yet'. But they kept putting it in the accessories catalog when you go to buy the car!

So..I bought mine,it arrives tomorrow. Only 1 week to order it. It lies flat againstthe hood so it doesn't stick up like a regular bug guard, it looks very cool and it protects the front of your hood from being damaged from rocks and bugs and all the road debris the hood gets hit with. It was $69. But MY dealer still said it didnt exsist! BUT GM sent me an email saying that it was finally available,and sent me the number of another dealer that was to far away from me to go to,so I called MY dealer. I called THAT dealer and they had it and they told me,if they have it ANY Chevy dealer will have it, and they gave me the part number. Sure enough I call my local dealer, the idiots I bought my car from, and their parts dept. tells me 'well sure,we can ORDER that part'. 'But we dont have it in stock'. I had called them earlier and they said it wasn't available at all. I called back with the part number and all of a sudden they can get it! I wish I could have hit him. So..if anyone else out there is like me, and would like to protect the front of your car hood from getting hit by rocks and bugs,then the 'hard front hood protector' Chevy has been promising for 4 years, is finally out and can be ordered! So...if you were looking for this hood protector from Chevy..it is available,and only $69. I wish I had the part number handy as I write this, but I don't. IF anyone needs it,let me know and I will get it off the invoice. It is the same number in any state/city/dealer. It is a GM factory part. So it's the same number everywhere. Can't wait to put it on tomorrow! Finally. Only took them 4 years to get it out to us. Oh,it only fits up till the 2006 model or the 2007 hatchback..the 2007 sedan is different shaped,so I doubt it would fit.
  • hinklehinkle Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an 2004 LS hatch back in Spicy Orange. I have ordered a Razzi body kit and some H&R lowering spings and a buddy has some nice 17" wheels with 205/40/17 that are going on also. Well I will let you know how it all goes. I will load some pictures when I'm done. Which should be just after the first of the year. If any one has some suggestions or helpful hints on my upcoming work please let me know, and I will also post how it went when I'm done. Also has any one added fog lights or cruise control to their car. Thanks :shades:
    Well the hood guard looks great on the car. Gives the front of the car a much more 'substantial' look. It always looked a little pinched to me. Now it looks wider and more 'balanced with the rest of the car. Well,I reccommend it to everyone,super easy to install and won't hurt the paint. BUT there is one thing I forgot about. How do you clean these parts that are made of Lexan plastic? You know,this hood protector and the Ventvisors for the windows. I found out wax scratches it,even washing it scratches it. For such a nearly indescrutable material,it scratches very easily. So..does anyone know how to clean Lexan without scratching it,and to protect it. I want to wax it,but I learned the hard way to never do that,it leaves the plastic all foggy. So..any ideas that work? Thanks
  • c_rigganc_riggan Member Posts: 1
    If you are still wondering about that body kit on the green Kalos: It's just a front lip, rear skirt, and side skirts. here is the link to the site that sells it. The site is in German and English. http://www.cse-essen.de/english/frames.html

The reason I'm on the Aveo forum is because I have a European Lacetti (Reno). They have the same little 1.6 as the Aveo in the states. Looking for engine parts, like intakes, turbo kits, and such
  • toyoracing2006toyoracing2006 Member Posts: 4
    Lol the best thing I could suggest for you, and I know you'll agree with me...get more power, and the best way to do that is do what i did with my aveo, swap out the 1.6 or 1.8 litre 4 cyl for the chevy cobalt ss 2.0 supercharged 4 cyl, it works and its the peppyest engine you'll find for the car, and, its lighter then anything you can find aftermarket wise. I had to swap engines because I found out that barely anyone makes parts for the car, and, if they do, they're really not worth anything because theres just soo little you can do to the engine. Right now the things i have done to my aveo is the engine swap, a widebody kit, 19 inch white motegi 5 spoke rims, custom cat-back magnaflow exhaust kit, and a custom 1600 watt stereo system, and im soon to get an in dash dvd player and some white strobing underbody and grill neons. :D
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Member Posts: 865
    I think I recall you getting a pretty hard time on the Aveo forums about this swap - ever get any pictures?
    lol, actually i was gunna take some pictures later tomorrow, cause a crap load of people asked me for pictures to show them how i did it, lol, cause apparently noone really beleaves me that you can do it...but its all good, lol, i paid pretty much nothing for the engine and tranny because i got it out of my friends wrecked cobolt ss lol. but yeah, whenever i get my cam back ill take some for ya if your thinkin about doin this
    dude, if i was you ide just go get a set of rims and tires as a package to take the hassel out of it, thats what the guy did that had the car before me, he went to rentnroll.com and bought the 19 inch motegi 5 spoke rims as a wheel and tire package
  • thasocobanditthasocobandit Member Posts: 10
    I just bought a 2007 Aveo, I cant find anything for it as far as to modify it. Probably because its too new. Im looking for a body kit and some engine upgrades. If anyone knows about any or if anyone has done upgrades to there Aveo, let me know how it turned out. Thanks
    Did you get the hatchback or the sedan. There are body kits for the hatcback on EBay and someone on here has bought it and I think is putting it on his Aveo now. If it is the sedan,it is a brand new body. You probably won't find any body kits. But there is a wing for the trunk on EBay for it. For the engine,some people on here SAY they have found some turbo or supercharger available for it. I so far have only managed to put in Bosch Plus 4 Sparkplugs for a bit more power and better mileage,and using Synthetic oil helps to. The engine is still the same no matter what you bought. So you can do those upgrades, and also replacing the lightbulbs in the headlights with Sylvania Silverstars will give you a lot more light and is super easy to replace, I have done that to,the other things depend on if you got a new sedan or the hatchback.
    Yeah I bought the sedan, i figured there werent many things out for it, yet, hopefully soon. Yeah ive been reading this forum and thats what ive been hearing about the spark plugs and the oil. When i buy them, does Aveo take a certain Bosch, or is it just a 1.6 liter, platinum spark plug? Thanks for the help, do you have a sedan?
    I took the Aveo LS letters of the back and the two GM emblems on the side off as well. All there was, were adhesive residue, after about 15 minutes of scrubbing with decal remover it came off. Although I didn't take the bow tie off yet because I dont know if the rear bow tie is screwed in or just has adhesive I'm going to do it tonite and I will let you know
  • klunkerklunker Member Posts: 2
    It takes a Bosch +4 P/N 4419
    I have the 2006 hatchback automatic LS. I have added many stock parts,but bought them on EBay,like Body side molding,Ventvisors for the windows,but I finally got the HARD hood deflector that has been in the sales brochures since the car was first sold...but no dealer had them for sale! I finally got one....after a soft hood bra ruined the paint on the front of my hood . But now this hard hood protector looks great,and makes the front end look wider...so it doesn't look so 'pinched' in the front. I think it looked a little to small. Now it looks a bit wider. But it is a genuine GM part,that you can get from any GM dealer. I dont know if they make one for your sedan yet. But I thought it was so stupid that they show it for sale as an accessory in the sales brochures for over 4 years...yet you couldnt buy it! Well they finally emailed me directly to let me know that GM finally had it for sale. Kind of stupid to show it for sale...then not be able t obuy it for over 4 years. I got the side molding for like 1/2 the price of the dealers price. I dont see any other Aveos in Ft.Lauderdale with side molding on them...they are covered in door dings! I guess they never thought of even cheap aftermarket side molding. I see you got the Bosch plug number already, the only other thing I can think of is in your next oil change,go for synthetic. With your highway driving, it will last a lot longer and you will get very slightly higher mileage. I see you have discoverd you dont get the great high mpg this tiny car should get. We all have found that. But a few on here seem to get over 40mpg somehow. I think they dont know how to fill the tank and calculate by filling it again the entire way. and they are over estimating wehat they are getting. No offense meant to them.but how a few get 40+ mileage and the rest of us get crappy mileage, is very odd. It is the same engine,and some of them drive mixed city and highway and claim high 30's and 40's mpg. I only pray for over 20! Enjoy your car. It sure is different from the 2006. Our hatchback is slighty improved,they only put in a few new standard things,but they would be great on my car. Like an arm rest and a different automatic shifter. It feels stronger and more sturdy. but hey...we can all lie and still say we have a 2007 at least! hehehehe!
    GEE!! The main thing I wanted to tell you. There is at least 1 pin holding that BowTie emblem on. So if you want to have an open hole on your car...take it off. I think it is just asking for rust...so I wont remove mine. People here have told me to remove it, it is only 'a hole'. Well I don't want a hole in my NEW paint on my new car. So..unless they changed it on the new sedan...there is at least 1 pin holding that emblem on. The one on the grille comes out fairly easy,but to me it leaves an empty depression that looks like it needs to be filled. But many on here have removed the grille chrome and BowTie. The big one on the back is the one I have been told has at least 1 pin holding in on. On yours,it could be more, or they could have gone to adhesive. You could ask your Chevy. dealer service dept. BUT chances are they will have no idea. If they are as 'knowledgeable' as my dealers!
    Ive been looking through my magazines and there is nothing for my car obviously. But do you think that i can make stuff fit on it as far as it not being made for my car. Another thing, is there a way to put custom molding on my car, maybe made for another car and i can do it myself? Thanks
    Ok, so im extremely frustrated right now, because there is nothing out for my car. Does anyone know anything about when something might come out, and not from the dealership. Im this close to trading my car in, for something else. I want an EVO, but if there is something coming out for it, then ill wait.(That last statement was out of frustration, i cant afford it, or i would have already had an EVO) For instance, last night I went to AutoZone and they didnt even have any freakin spark plugs yet. Im going crazy, i cant afford new wheels right now, and i have to wait until spring. It looks like im riding on spare tires. Someone help me,please...haha.thanks
    I actually started taking the grill off, but then i stopped myself to ask someone about it. Did u say that some people take the whole thing off. I wonder what it looks like. Prolly like a big black hole. IDK, im going insane because there isnt anything out for my car. Do you know of any stuff yet. Any good websites or anything...thanks
    I found a good site...well its ok. www.andysautosport.com...i found some stuff on here. Like a new universal grill. Check it out
  • wave54wave54 Member Posts: 211
    Wait til you need to replace struts and shocks -- still no replacements except the expensive, wimpy OEM GM parts from the dealer. More than $260 just for the parts -- before the $90/hr labor!

I wouldn't hold my breath for parts for an '07 since there are virtually none for the 04-06 models except for oil filters. Can't even find a lousy air filter at any local auto stores!
  • lead_footlead_foot Member Posts: 1
    I have a chevy aveo sedan, i bought the K&N original filter and iridium spark plugs, i drove it around 120mph and he goes very well, like a mercedes, soft like a silk, but im looking how i reflash the aveo ecu whit a laptop???? Please help me!!!, Thanks... www.clubaveo.com.ve
  • randydriverrandydriver Member Posts: 262
    I dont drive like a granny and yes on long trips I have gotten over 40...mpg...and around town I get 29-31.....and I do now after doing this for 30 years...how to figure my mileage..........lol. The only time I get bad mileage is when I get gas intown ..and it is the E-10 blend of gas and my town mileage goes down to about 27-29 and my highway is down to 35-37...on the mixed I get about 34.
    Today I went to a custom car place and asked about some stuff for my Aveo LS...he said everyone he talks to predicts tons more stuff to come out for the 2007 in the end of Feb. Hopefully this is true. I will let everyone know when I find out more...
  • jadormjadorm Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering how the Ebay Dash kit (the aluminum accents) worked out?
  • therevmomtherevmom Member Posts: 5
    Hi.
    I keep getting Errors messages when I put in a CD with MP3s on it. I've followed their directions to a T. I get Error 4 and Error 5 and Error 6. I can't find a definition of these errors ANYWHERE.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Add to that this: My local Chevy dealer says they don't work with the sound system.... :mad: :mad:

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • bettysurf14bettysurf14 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 2004 Aveo LS hatchback with the tiny 14" wheels and want to upgrade to something bigger. Not suer if I'm ready to spend the dough for mags but want to put a set of 16" or 17" steely's on. I like the look and simplicity of them. Is this possible to find something with the same bolt pattern or would I have to go to mags? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • randydriverrandydriver Member Posts: 262
    just about any tire and wheel dealer can get you a set of rims and tires......I got mine at discount tires....
  • orangekittenorangekitten Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a slightly used 2006 5 door. I'm looking at putting in remote locks with keyless entry as my model didn't have them. I've done the door job myself on a different car before so I know what's involved regarding wiring and actuator mounting, but am unsure how the hatch lock itself is to be done as it seems different than a door. I don't want a popup action, just want to be able to lock/unlock the hatch at the same time of the doors with the remote. Any suggestions?
    Have you gotten it fixed yet? IF it is under warranty, and is a FACTORY system,not one you put in,...they HAVE to fix it. Period! It is part of the car..it is covered for 3 years/36,000 miles, period! Tell them that and dont back down. THEY might not do the radio work,they might out source it. BUT any problem is covered. They cant pick and choose what is covered and what they will and won't fix,as long as you have a warranty. IF you still dont get help. Call GM..and complain about this issue and you will get help. The number is in your owners manual. Remember,'The squeaky wheel gets the grease!' I complained about the problems had,and I got them all fixed, and got free oil change coupons for my troubles! They won't fix my tires wearing out so fast. BUT everything else..once I contacted GM and they contacted my dealer,my dealer kissed my butt everytime I came in!! Their attitude changed very fast once GM called them!
  • ltk2ltk2 Member Posts: 1
    what is d K&N air filter and iridium spark plugs parts number? i want to try .......
    Any parts store that sells them has the numbers to order them. OR has them in stock. OR you can buy the K&N on EBay now. I have seen these Iridium plugs for sale...but I went with Bosch Plus 4 plugs and think they are very good and my mileage went up by 1mpg after installing and it runs a bit smoother. But to each their own. I'm sure someone has the numbers if you must have them. BUT the parts store would have them to get them for you.
  • arjamesarjames Member Posts: 6
    I HAVE AN 2006 HATCHBACK LT. I HAVE ALREADY PUT A RAM AIR INTAKE FROM SCERET WEAPON R OFF OF RACINGLAB.COM AND IT MADE THE CAR HAVE MORE POWER FROM THE GET GO. IT ALSO MAKES THE ENGINE SOUND GREAT. NEXT I PUT A CARBON FIBER MUFFLER WITH A 4.5 INCH TIP. THE AMOUNT OF TOURQE WAS GREAT AND NOW THE CAR SOUND WONDERFUL. IM WORKING ON GETTING A BOTTLE OF NITOUS FROM NITROUS EXPRESS. ITS ONLY A 35HP SHOT BUT IM SURE IT WILL THROW YOU IN THE SEAT. I HAVE ALSO PUT H&R LOWERING SPRINGS AND 16INCH 6 SPOKE WHEELS AND BFGOODWRENCH G-FORCE Z RATED TIRES ON IT. THE CAR IS FUN. NEXT IS THE CARBON FIBER HOOD, BODY KIT, TINT, AND MOLDED VENT GUARDS. OH AND I PUT A 2000WATT 15 INCH SUBWOOFER IN IT AND IT POUNDS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS A SUPER CHARGER FOR IT AND THAT WOULD BE MY FINISHING TOUCH BESIDES A BIG BRAKE KITS FOR THE FRONT AND REAR. IF ANY ONE HAS INFORMATION PLESAE SHARE. THANKS A LOT AND ENJOY. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "ITS MORE FUN TO DRIVE A SLOW CAR FAST, THEN DRIVING A FAST CAR SLOW."
    Where did you get it off of RacingLabs.com...I sure cant find this intake listed anywhere in their intake section. Got a part number?
  • arjamesarjames Member Posts: 6
    http://store.racinglab.com/wr-secret-307-163.html Copy and paste this web address into address bar. It should take you straight to it. I just went to the search and typed in 2006 aveo weapon r intake. The top link should take you straight to it, covering 2004 and up Aveos.
  • paco3paco3 Member Posts: 4
    I have a new spicy orange Aveo Hatchback. absolute love the car. I have a set of fog lights and horns for the car. I want to mount the lights in the lower bumper of the car. Since it's a base model, the two holes in the bumper are covered up with black plastic plugs. How the heck do you remove the plastic plugs??!! I found the screws that hold them in place, but just can't get to them, and I have small hands. Do I have to remove the whole bumper assembly???
    Now to the horns. How do I know which is the horn wire from the horn button?
    Any responses from anyone with experience is greatly appreciated. Thanx ---- Paco
  • paco3paco3 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have Wheels spacers on their Aveo? I see them advertised and was wondering if they affeft the handling of the car or if there are any safety issues when you install wheel spacers on the car. Thank you.
  • lorililylorilily Member Posts: 1
    About a yr ago, i almost rolled my Aveo (it went on one side,then dropped back down) I think it must have loosend the connections to my speakers. A few months later i went to turn up the stereo and it crackled, then nothing. My question is: How to get to the back of it, do i need to take the dashboard off?