Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Accesories & Modifications

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636

Comments

• jlandmarkjlandmark Member Posts: 10
    Hey i drive a 2004 Aveo with 17inch rims and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a bodykit from. If possible fairly inexpensive they have one on ebay looks nice and all makes the front end look lowered but it is 800.00 something canadian PLUS like 500 shipping?? Can anyone help me out??imageimage
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    Oh, you have got to be kidding.
    So i'm guessing by the "oh you got to be kidding" that no one really knows where to get a nice body kit other then this one listed :lemon:
    Going back to the two body kits pics i put up i finnally got the exact price.
    first in US $659.95 + $145.00 shipping (to house of course) = $804.95 Plus any taxes.
    Now in canadian Funds To calgary Alberta $ 815.53 + $403 shipping = 1219.53 (plus duty and most likly takes)

Like come on i can find a body kit for other vechials for so much cheaper eg dodge stratus = $175 for the kit plus shipping like so much cheaper!!!! WHY??? :cry: :mad:
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Member Posts: 865
    That's pretty pricey - have you been to the dedicated Aveo forums? They have talked about a few kits, but there aren't that many.
  • randydriverrandydriver Member Posts: 262
    What size tires would I use if I wanted to change my wheels to 15inch. This would be the first time I have even thought about changing wheels on my car but I saw some nice wheel and I just got to make sure they are the right bolt pattern. Or, does anyone have some suggestions on wheels I don't like 17 but and I would prefer the 15.., but 16 would be okey.
    Go into a car dealer and bring the size of your tires and they can tell you the sizes you can go to without messing up your speed-o, but with the 17 X 7 rims i get so much better handleing then what i did on my 14 or even my 15inch winter rims
    I mean tire dealer instead of car dealer
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    fyi, after posting, you may edit your post for 30 minutes.

Steve, Host
    thanks for the information.
  • iowajayiowajay Member Posts: 2
    I realize that the Aveo is not made to pull a trailer, however, I would like to haul a small motorcyle on a rack in the back. (hatchback) Any ideas? Most of these racks fit into 2' hitch mounts My motorcyle weighs about 275 pounds. Thanks.
    I'm not sure how this is done, but I think the Aveo is rated to pull 1000 pounds.
    Yep, 1,000 pounds is what we say too.

Specs

Steve, Host
  • yl04aveoyl04aveo Member Posts: 9
    :shades: I am currently working on my Yellow 04 5-Door Chevy Aveo. Here is some of the information i have collected. 15" rims you can run anywhere from 195-205/50 R15 tires depending on what width you want. 16" rims you can run anywhere from 195/45 R16 to 215/40 R16. This category gives you the most to play around with as far as the width and height go on the tires. I am going to be putting on 17"x7" rims with 205/40 R17 tires. they are a little bigger but they fill the wheel wells more and i only have to recalibrate my spedometer by a little bit (approx 5 MPH).
    As far as the body kit goes. Well due to the fact that these cars have only been out for about 2 years now, most of the "body kit" manufacturers dont see it as broad of a market as we Aveo owners would like it to be. Because they dont see it that way there is one company that manufactures the body kit for the Aveo and then several companies put their name on it, because there is no competition for the one body kit that is out there the companies peice out some of the parts for the kit making it seem cheaper but if you want the real body kit you should be paying around $1000. This doesnt include installation. *NOTE* The body kit that is out right now for the Aveo arent replacement bumpers. You have to cut the OEM bumper to get the body kit on. If in a few years you see Aveos selling like crazy and there is a demand for the kit then more manufacturers will produce a kit for the car and prices will drop. That is your Supply and Demand lesson for today. HAVE A NICE DAY!
    *POWER TO THE 1.6 E-Tech MOTORS!* :shades:
  • iowajayiowajay Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I was on-line a lot over the weekend. Found several motorocycle carriers that fit into 2" hitch receivers. These need to be Class 3 or 4 hitches. I did find Class 1 and 2 receivers for Aveos (some are just for the 4 door sedans)--but not Class 3-4. Max. tongue weight for the Class 1 and 2 hitches is 200 pounds--so not really enough for a 270# bike plus a carrier (~40# aluminum or ~80 # steel). So. I need to keep looking.
    post some pictures!
    post pictures of what?
    my 04 aveo with the new 17x7 rims? or my newly installed underglow kit. and my soon to be installed headlight accent kit
    what? ;)
    All of the above. please!! :P
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    Has anyone tried to get the body kit available for the Swift+ in Canada from Suzuki? Also if you go to one of the on line tire and wheel dealers you can see what wheels and tire combination will fit on your car. I have use one of these many times. The one I use will mount, balance and ship to you home for free.
    Also If you like leather there are interior kits available for the Aveo. Of course that is from Canada again. They look really good.
    How do i load pics? I only have pics of the rims on the car in the dark. I recently added underglow. i also installed central door locks. MYSELF! The kit cost me $48. HAHAHAHA. i made out like a bandet on that one. I also picked up a security and keyless entry.
    You need a place to host them since you can't upload them to Edmunds (yet; it may happen one of these days). Then look at the Forums Help link on the left under photo posting instructions.

Smaller is better; some of our members are still on dial-up. Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • nickaveo04nickaveo04 Member Posts: 1
    Hey just found this ..Fourm ... i have a 04 orange hatch back Aveo...
    just want to know if any one knows.. some quick Mods.. and any cheap bolt on's!! for The Aveo ?.. for some extra Power! that 103 Hp Just aint enough for me...

any infor would be great :confuse: :confuse:

thank you!!!
    Please check your email; thanks,

Steve, Host
    Hey the swift bodykits they really dont like giving them to aveo drivers i have tried as for the rims going with 17X7 (in which i have on my car) i have clocked my self a couple time and the speedo doesn't really change that much going 120 km/h i was only off by 3 km/h i as well will post a pic of my car with my rims. that only thing i suggest for anyone thinking of geting the 17's get harder suspension. So give me a day or two and i will have my rims posted on here!!
  • annetter72227annetter72227 Member Posts: 3
    Is anyone have a loss of power and a skipping or missing feeling around 2,500 - 3,000 RPM's and the dearler says nothing is wrong on the computer.
    :lemon:
    Yes i am also getting the same thing happening. They test drove it and said there was nothing wrong and that they couldn't feel any Luggin' as i refered to it
    How many miles do you have on your car before it started to "lug"? I had about 10,500. What is your dealership doing to correct the problem? Have you made Chevy Customer Care aware of it?

Hope to hare from you soon or anyone else having this problem.
  • colepcolep Member Posts: 3
    Where did you get the Keyless entry for $48?
    If you go to cardomain you can see my car from stock and with all of the mods.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2061109
    That is the website.
    Comment if you feel the need.
    As far as for 48 dollars. I found it on Ebay actually. It is called a 4 door central locking kit.
    It comes with a module, 4 actuators (the things that actually push and pull on the locks), and all the hardware needed to mount it.
    The hard part is knowing where to put the actuators so they dont bind up or get stuffed. I had to drill 3 spare holes on my first front door and i also had to drill 3 spare holes in my last rear door (had a problem with them lining up)
    ** WARNING **
    if you have no clue what you are doing. DONT TOUCH YOUR CAR!
    i know what i am doing i work at a GM dealership as a Installer.
    I know what i am doing and i can get most of my stuff for cheap if i mess up.

Then i installed a keyless entry/remote start/security system by Viper. Thus giving me keyless entry on my SVM (SPECIAL VALUE MODEL) Aveo!

as far as the skipping thing goes from what i understand it is due to the E-Tech2 ageing. The E-Tech2 engine is designed kinda like the V-tech engine found in hondas. However the E-tech2 has a anti aging issue that causes slight valve timing delays between 2-4 thousand rpms. THIS IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! These E-Tech2 motors have been thuroughly tested and nothing has gone wrong due to this slight imperfection in design. ** DO NOT QUOTE ME I AM ONLY A INSTALLER AND I DO NOT SPEAK FOR GM! ** This is what i have only been told through word of mouth i am not directly quoteing i am summing this is not from GM it is from my own mouth!
    Any question? YEAH WELL TOO BAD! :)
    Thanks for saying something about the E-tech2, I was kinda wondering about it.
    Thanks for the info however, I'm losing power when this happens and always have to shift down on hills I use to go up in 4th gear. I'm at a loss with what to do...go the lemon law way or wait until the car doesn't run anymore...My 1st ever new and and this crap!
    Annette
  • jeffdavisjeffdavis Member Posts: 11
    Chevrolet has finally shifted over to the 2006 Aveo on their website. Go build one for yourself. Lots of new equipment/options: side air bags, cruise control, 15 inch alloy wheels, etc. Maybe some of these things can be retrofitted on previous models. There are also many accessories for Aveos. www.chevrolet.com/aveo
  • aveo_bobaveo_bob Member Posts: 8
    I want to install a cruise on my 05 5-speed aveo. I've seen one on ebay and wanted to know if anyone had experience with it. It is made by rostra. I want to know how the control stick is mounted and any other information.
  • petromiserpetromiser Member Posts: 5
    Due to thr direct weight on the back of the car, You would be better off finding a small trailer for your bike. That way the trailer carries most of the weight. to adj. the toung weight just move your load forward for more toung weight and back for less.. I have seen 4 x8 for 150.00. with load max at 1500 lbs. customise it to fit your needs.. Just a thought for ya
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    it looks really cool. Somehow, the proportion kinda reminds me of the smart, like a big rollerskate. And I wish the smart is sold here
  • aveoaveo Member Posts: 1
    has anyone tried to get a cool air intake yet? I have a 2005 hatch back that I used pvc and some rubber hose with a cone filter. It worked great but I wouldn't go popin the hood, but the filter looks GREAT> :P
    I have also found a FREE way to make the aveo look better!
    You can take off the Chevy badge in the grille and surrounding chrome for free. Here is what you do!
    1. Open hood
    2. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the 5 screws that hold the grille onto the front bumper and upper radiator support.
    3. Take the five screws off the back of the grille
    4. Unclip the four clips on the bottom of the grille.
    5. Screw the grille back onto the bumper and radiator support!
    6. Wipe your hands together in victory

looks good, takes one tool, costs nothing, and can be done in 15 minutes or less.
    to see what it looks like refer to my previous posting for the link to my Car domain Website to see it along with a lower grille that i temporarily installed on the bottom opening on the front bumper.
    Any Questions? ASK AWAY! :D
    You might enjoy this discussion:

Removing stickers, labels, decals, glue, sap...

Steve, Host
    Awesome tip, I'll have to try that!
  • token1token1 Member Posts: 3
    I made the grill modification removing the chevy insignia and trim and it looks great. Now if I could find out what was the intended bulb for the little round difuser lens inside the headlight cluster. About two inches in diamter and clear. Amber would be about the only legal bulb in my state but something should be there. Dealer had no clue of what should be in that difuser lens?
  • sbspencesbspence Member Posts: 16
    Try a search under Aveo city lights in your fave search engine...looks to be a simple mod!? :shades:
  • sbspencesbspence Member Posts: 16
    I've not been able to find any....have you? :confuse: :confuse:
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    one of the links shows a new Daewoo Kalos (2004 era), which is the same as a Chevy Aveo, in a metallic green color and a bodykit on. It looked pretty sharp!

That would be way back in the Chevrolet Aveo thread here on Edmunds, probably in the Aveo hatchback thread. For the low price of the car it wouldn't be a bad option to have done, even aftermarket, but I would be concerned with the car's clearance abilities with a kit bolted on. :D

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

There's a link in this post but I think the lower body spoiler kit link has been updated:

chrisducati, "Chevy Aveo (hatchback)" #77, 20 Jun 2004 12:22 pm

Steve, Host
  • rhys26rhys26 Member Posts: 1
    I'm working on a site with installation guides for modifications to the Aveo hatchback. I currently have up an install guide for automatic locks, and currently in progress with a dome light extender/dimmer mod. I'll also be putting up guides for cruise control, cold air intake, and anything else I decide to put on it as I get the money. Check it out and let me know if there's anything you'd like to see added. aveo.hobby-site.org :shades:
  • token1token1 Member Posts: 3
    Love the lite mods on that site. Now I'm just researching an LED array in that back black panel over the license plate. I've installed the sylvaina cool blue headlites which really enhance the apearance of that cluster plus put out a nice beam short of spending a fortune on HID. As for adding 17" rims maybe in the future.I'm sure that would put quite the strain on the little clutch.
  • izzy70izzy70 Member Posts: 2
    i'm looking for a kit for my 2005 sedan. not so much luck so far i'm talking to a guy at tuningshop.com.uk and has a kit except only the front spoiler fits. he is checking to see if the erst of the kit can modified. if anybody knows of or other mods fro this little sedan. let me know. thanks..
  • uriegasmcuriegasmc Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info. I also own a yellow 05 5-dr aveo and I am trying to decide the size of rims to put and I have also been searching the internet for prices on body kits and not that many companies sell them. :shades:
    if you go to one of my previous posts and find my cardomain website then you will notice that i used that for a headlight neon. works pretty well.. the only problem is that when i drilled into mine, i lost control of the bit and went through the cover for that city light slot. but it still looks good and it can be fixed by just buying a new headlamp. anyways.. i just put a stick in it and let it glow with my underglows. so it is up to you what you want to do but i dont think using that as part of your signal system is a purposeful idea with the gigantic corner light that is already on the car. Be creative and use it for fog lights or something... the possiblilities are endlesss.... have fun kids... :shades:
  • danmartin918danmartin918 Member Posts: 1
    Cut and paste url in browser.

Razzi Body Kit: http://www.razzi.com/ridez/vehicle-aveo.shtml

Turbonetics: http://www.turboneticsinc.com/turbo_t3.htm

more to come