Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Challenger 2008 and Later

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    Is it worth paying this surcharge just to get the first ones off the line?

Not even close.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    The gas guzzler tax will depend on what the milage rating is. For the GTO the 6MT gave it better milage which brought it out of the gas guzzler tax area.

-mike
  • jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    Yes, aggravating here as well. And as you stated for that kind of money, you're in Viper / Z06 territory. Hell, I'd buy an original for that kind of bread if I "needed" to have a Challenger.

Talked to a co-worker of mine that has a Hemi Charger and he stated his dealer has contacted him three times to see if he wanted to be on the list. He declined each time. As with you and myself, he doesn't have a problem paying MSRP, with the $2K gg tax, but refuses to pay a "gotta have it" premium. At first his dealer stated it would be about 5 stacks ($5K) over the MSRP, but in the later contacts didn't state what it would be, just that they were adding a decent ADM. My co-worker stated he was going to wait until the standard Hemi comes out, see what the pricing is for that then go from there. He's in pretty tight with the dealer so I was going to us him as a referral if/when I was going to buy mine.

Basically I wanted a plain-jane Hemi, no extra frills, hi-priced options, whatever. Whatever comes standard like cloth interior, regular radio, wheel/tire combo, is what I want. Don't need the SRT-8. And now that they will have the manual. But if they are going to raise the prices with some ridiculous ADM, I look elsewhere.
    Um, I know. Which is why that (Monaro/GTO manual) didn't and most likely the manual Challenger won't have the gg tax. I'm figuring the Tremec will have similar ratios as the current, with and overdrive 5th & 6th gear, 6th most likely being .5:1.

I expect the Challenger to have about $2200 gg tax, which moves the sticker to $40K IF the MSRP stays at the $37,995 and there aren't any options added. Add in ADM, tax it and your probably looking at mid-$50K at a minimum!! Yikes man!! :surprise: I just don't like when dealers play that game. And I'm afraid of what is going to happen when they auction one off at Barrett-Jackson next month; I think dealers are going to use it to justify high-A prices (excuse the language), similar to the GT-H last year :sick:

SRT-8 too much for me. I'll wait for the regular Hemi. I have a couple of years yet, so I can sit back and weigh my options, see what petrol prices will be, the market, the reliability / build quality of this beast and determine then. That's what's nice about having owned so many cars; I've become patient and don't need to be the first on the block to have the latest, greatest. Though this car is n-i-c-e. :shades:
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Yup, I did a similar thing with my Legacy GT. If you are patient you can often find a slightly used one for a significant discount about a year or 2 after initially released.

-mike
  • akmoparakmopar Member Posts: 1
    The Lithia dealer up here, Alaska, is taking orders at MSRP (my friend is first in line). It seems that they understand a customer for life is better than a one hit wonder.
  • C2456RonC2456Ron Member Posts: 58
    If you are correct about 5,000 to 10,000 units the 1st year, this is only to see what the true market is for this vehicle! If it does sell out very fast, and I do emphasize IF it does sell out fast, it will be like the 1st year Camaro! The 2nd year MOPAR will flood the market, same as Camaro did the 1st year, with over 220,000 units sold in 67, because of the huge demand for these vehicles!

As far as Barrett - Jackson is concerned, the ONLY interested parties for the Challenger will be for bragging rights to the serial numbers (being 0001, 0002 or 003), which will be the only real true value to own this vehicle! I do not believe that the Barrett - Jackson will not sell that Challenger for more then double the sticker and that is only because of the highly attractive low VIN #'s!!! "MY OPINION"

Personally I like the Camaro, keeping in tradition with the old, but also keeping with ALL the new technology and that Bad-dass LS3 Small Block, making it one of the fastest, more aerodynamic, economical and all around Camaro/Muscle Car and family car! Again "MY OPINION"

As far as being able to get a Viper or ZO6 Vette, have you tried to purchase a Viper??? I have a friend that tried to purchase a new Viper, with $85 Large in hand, and was told IF he was NOT a past/present owner he could not even get behind the wheel, never mind buy one! He went to the local Chevy Dealer and purchased a new ZO6 cash! That '03 ZO6 now does the quarter mile in the low 9's, with mostly just bolt-ons! He is so much happier with his purchase, and the ZO6 is STILL a daily Driver, which a Viper will NEVER, EVER be!

Find a friend that owns one and go for a ride on a nice hot summer day (say about 2 hours, that's about all you can take, according to what I've been told by most people I know that have done this), you will see exactly what I am talking about. Plus end up with burns on your calf's from entering and exiting the vehicle when HOT!!! I live in a neighborhood with at least half dozen Viper's, more then a dozen Corvette's, including my C6, old Hot Rod's and Harley's! (Oh Ya, 1 restored, REAL Big Block Shelby Cobra!) :)

I have purchased my share of Muscle Cars, but NEVER have I paid either sticker or above! Personally I think that anyone that will pay all that extra money for a car, only because it is the 1st year out can give ME that money, and I will spend it wisely on a car that is not only fast, but will hold it's value years later, when it really counts! But this IS only MY OPINION and knowledge from past practice!! Make mine a Vette/Bowtie! :}~ :shades: But I REALLY do like the looks of this New Challenger! Especially after growing up in that Era!!!! I believe that 38 Large, LOADED would be a good price, but not very much more then that!!!!!
    Agreed Paisan. If I get one, and that's a BIG IF, it will most likely be a used one if I couldn't get a decent price for a new one. 2010 time frame, hopefully the P/U will hold out until then. :confuse:
    "I do not believe that the Barrett - Jackson will not sell that Challenger for more then double the sticker and that is only because of the highly attractive low VIN #'s!!! "MY OPINION""

I think, looking at their past record, are going to throw down the gauntlet and try to jack the price up to the stratosphere. Like with the Shelby GT Coupe, then the convert. (Not talking about the GT500, but the GT, basically the rental). The GT eventually was auctioned for for $220K, with the "gracious" opportunity to #2. I can't remember if the whale got #2 or not. Then last year the convert went for $250K. To me that kind of gave dealers "justification" to play the ridiculous ADM game. All the proceeds from the GT coupe sale were to go to charity from what was stated I believe (just #1, not #2), but the convert was a different story.

The only "remake" that didn't go for the typical, B-J price increase was the Monaro/GTO. I think that went for about 1.5x standard MSRP of $32K.

I agree, why spend the extra cash just to be the first or because you gotta have it now!! I'll wait and see what happens.
  • snapcracklepopsnapcracklepop Member Posts: 111
    It will be interesting to see what happens with the pricing, but in my opinion it is definitely worth 40K. The car is just so hot...
  • challengerjdtxchallengerjdtx Member Posts: 3
    I recently ordered a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT on December 3rd and have the order number and the dealership has my deposit. The dealership now says I may not get my vehicle and that if I did I would have the first chance to BID on it. Has anyone else that ordered their Challengers been told this or am I dealing with the sleaziest dealerships?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I suppose it may depend on how your order reads. But you'd think if you ordered a car and put a deposit down, you'd get the car - was this an MSRP deal or just a refundable deposit to give you first dibs on a Challenger when it came in? Did you have a price? Is the order number an in-house thing or an actual VIN?

Some people to complain to would be the dealer owner, Chrysler, your state's local consumer protection agency, the BBB and your local TV or newspaper "action" person.

You may also want to head over to Dealer Ratings and Reviews and fill out the form there.

Posters over in the 2008 Dodge Challenger discussion may have a better handle on dealer allocations and deposits.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    And you wonder why Chrysler, is in the toilet !!! :sick:

-Rocky
    That is what the sad part is about this, I want to help support Chrysler,but the dealership is letting some kid do this to their customers.
    Most likely this new car sales manager will leave there in a few months and go to Honda or work at some other place as he has killed a potential customer coming back to Chrysler.
    Too bad nobody from the Dodge reads these posts or just does not care about doing anything to keep the dealership from ruining the company.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    In this age of industry overcapacity and weak corporate balance sheets, auto companies, especially the domestics, are desparate to sell every unit they possibly can. No one should have to pay even a nickel over MSRP, if they're willing to wait a short period until initial demand softens.

Once those who have to be the first on their block to own one have been satisfied, premiums over MSRP will evaporate faster than a bar of ice in the hot summer sun. Just look at what happened to the PT Cruiser and the new two seat T-Bird.
  • raymosraymos Member Posts: 1
    For those of you who think this car will be a good investment, think again. The 1970 Hemi Challenger is wroth a lot because the only build a FEW! With an average of 30,000 new Challengers build each year over the next 3 to 4 years (and a good percentage being Hemis), there will be too many out there to every be worth anything. If fact, I'll predict a $5,000 incentive or 0%APR by next year.

If you want to buy one because you like the car that's great. Just don't think it's going to worth $500,000 in 10 years. My guess is it will never be worth more than you paid for it.
  • bowbowabowbowa Member Posts: 2
    sounds to me that you might have a case against him should he auction it off higher than the sticker price that you agreed to, but if not in writing, might be tough proving it. If he were to sell the car for 20 over, and you could prove your case, legally the 20 should go in your pocket, he sold "your" car. Also heard a couple days ago they have bumped up production to 10,000 vehicles, and there are dealers out there that will sell for sticker like the one I found. And as far as being worth money in the future, with that amount of production of the same car, I doubt that you could get much more than sticker down the road, and only if 80% or higher have disappeared to garages or sent overseas,
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A financial newswire is looking to speak to consumers interested in purchasing the new Dodge Challenger. If you already have your name on the waiting list, that would be preferable. Please respond no later than Feb. 4 to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.
  • lupe_abqlupe_abq Member Posts: 1
    Please see the following info should you be interested in viewing the Dodge Challenger Chicago Press Event LIVE -- Wednesday 2/6 @ 10:45am Central Time

Here is the URL for the webcast:

http://72.32.208.177/webcast/tvs/chrysler/chicago/chicago_1.htm

I have the privilege to have been interviewed for the 2008 Chicago Auto Show rollout-footage for the 2008 Dodge Challenger. I am the only woman (pre-order) interviewed for this! This car is so HOT; it’s beyond words! But I did the best I could in front of those lights, cameras and microphones. I am proud to be on the short list of pre-orders. Zangara Dodge of Albuquerque New Mexico will assist me in getting my manicured fingers wrapped around that steering wheel. I can’t wait to slide into the driver’s seat of this beast and start her up. The sound of the motor vexes me--I am in lust with this car. I am a long time vintage and muscle car enthusiast. I am also a card carrying member of the Corvair Club of New Mexico. While I love my 1964 Corvair and my 1969 Cougar, nothing moves me in that way like a hot muscle car. ~Lupe
    hmmm... did I miss it?
    Its now 30 minutes past the scheduled time. Is the video supposed to work afterwards? Or did I have to actually watch it live?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• littlewinglittlewing Member Posts: 1
    How disappointed I was to discover that this thing is an automatic. A muscle car with no clutch - give me a break - how silly.
    Lupe,

I saw your video and I think you will be the prettiest woman driving the Challenger.
    Has your dealership told you what you will be paying for it when you get the car?
    My dealership is making is sound like my ordered car will go to the highest bidder. That or they will put a huge added price to the sticker.
    Anyone have any solutions to this other than taking it to the attorney or not buying the car at the gouged price?
  • gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    I am not in a big hurry to get a new car and I definitely don't need the SRT. but I like the idea of smaller v8 or v6 model trims being available come fall/winter to purchase cheaper as an 09 model. Anyone heard about any specifics on these different trims to come out or is it still hush hush from Chrysler/Dodge?

Bill
  • fsmmcsifsmmcsi Member Posts: 792
    littlewing - it has several clutches, so you should be even happier. ;) Yes, I know that you want a manual transmission, but why - you can't shift as fast as an automatic, and a manual transmission is a real nuisance in traffic. That Mercedes-Benz design transmission works very well, and is easy to shift manually.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    You're missing the point, not everyone wants a mind numbing slushbox, regardless of how fast it can shift. :P

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Member Posts: 288
    Well, yesterday at the NY Auto Show, I saw two Challengers. One red and one blue. Wow. Such magnificence!
  • peterbilt1peterbilt1 Member Posts: 1
    The concept car really hit the mark between original and modern.
    After seeing the final production model, I am very disappointed with how far away from the concept car they strayed. The interior is so far from the 1970 model, it is a complete turn off. That console is so terribly modern it is embarrassing. And those seats are not even close to bringing the 1970 retro look. And the dash and steering wheel had to come straight out of the modern Chrysler 300. And who in their right mind would but this car in an automatic.
    I am so DISAPOINTED that after waiting all this time for it to come to market, only to be butchered into a modern run of the mill see it every were car, that I have ordered and taken delivery of a CS/GT Mustang. I have 2 other buddies who feel the same way. One of them is ordering a Mustang also; the other is going for the 09 Camaro.
    I hate to say it but this car as it is now will not find the market it was designed for. And who ever the guy is that made these changes needs to be fired, he does not have the eye for this market.
    38 years for the right time for this market to happen and the last time ever.
    And Dodge Blows it!!

Troy Dawson
    Service Manager
  • dialm4speeddialm4speed Member Posts: 110
    You do realize it's 2008 and not 1970 going on to 71 right? *oh* wait... that's right you don't! Ooops! Your disappointed that the car is modern? Well it will be amazing if anyone under 50 buys it to begin with so I think they had to do something to try and get younger people interested. When does this bath tub on wheels go on sale anyway?
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    it sounds good that the modern mopar engs omitted the 1970s decapitating-looking dashboard design.
    i suppose the slushbox is a throwback to the old-school in a way - but the absence of a stickshift so far makes the challenger too metrosexually modern for the quiche-challenged/pesto-phobic GM guy. imho the chrysler-300/etc styling is awful but the new challenger exterior styling is testosterrific, a great rendition of the original car. it's enough to make me watch _vanishing point_ for the 17th time, but not enough to sway my next-vehicle test-drive from being malibu 2-mode-hybrid or cobalt xfe stickshift.
  • the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079
    All I can say is SOLD - Where do I get in line to buy one?? I am to young (the last Challenger to roll off the line was way before I was even thought of) to have been around in the Muscle Car Glory Days, but my dad has a Barracuda and I have always loved the old Mopars like the Challenger, Charger, Super Bee, Dart, Roadrunner, Cuda and the like. I love the way this new version has come out - still holding true to a timeless design, while at the same time throwing some serious power under the hood and letting us all relish in the modern car amenities that we all love...

Like I said before - where do I get in line to buy one? This is one car worth having.
  • hippehippe Member Posts: 14
    I thought by now somebody that owned one would post something about it. Don't tell me they still aren't out there yet. I've read about lots of sightings.
  • bowbowabowbowa Member Posts: 2
    well i got mine last Tuesday, June 24th, and it is the only one on the road, and believe necks are breaking from snapping their heads to get a look see. And of all ages, and the chicks love it, works for me, lol. But I am assuming most are at the dealers yet who have their prices jacked up from greed, and no its not business, its nothing but greed. I will say from hearing about all the time they took wanting to get it right, I do have some issues with mine. One body panel isnt aligned very well, a piece of interior will need to be replaced, couple of scratches, and 4 spots that have dirt under the paint, 1 chip in paint,and stripe has a small air bubble under one spot. I love the car and hoping things can be fixed and look right, and as far as their quality control, they need some work. Other than all that I do love it, and it is "FAST"
  • C2456RonC2456Ron Member Posts: 58
    With all the hype over this car in the last 2 years, it is nothing like it was supposed to be, not to me anyway!!! With a Base Price of just over $21,300, and tested @ just over $40,000, makes me want to cry. Is Chrysler charging you for every bolt and clip that holds this together? For almost $20,000. in options, this should be not 1 of the fastest on the road, but THE fastest, hands down.
    This long awaited "Muscle Car" just isn't what it was made out to be, not by a long shot. To compare it with the Carroll Shelby Mustang and the ZO6 Corvette is an insult to both the other cars! I don't know about the Mustang, but the ZO6 is only 3100 lbs, with 505 HP off the end of the assembly line, and from what I've heard and read about the C/S Mustang, it is 3800 lbs w/500 HP, close to the Vette, but the ZO6 DON'T have a Gas Guzzler Tax, does the 1/4 mile in just 12 seconds, not 13.2 and gets 25 mpg to boot, just to cruise the highway with.
    They changed so much in the final product, you KNOW they are aiming for the children spending Daddy's money and don't really care how much this disappointment cost, just that they know this is what they want. The "Brembo" brakes I seriously doubt that it really has them in this $40,000. beast, if it does, they have to be the bottom of their line for that money! Brembo's ceramic brakes cost near $20,000 by themselves, they are advertised on the ZR1 with 6 piston calipers in front, 4 piston in the rear! Talk about stopping on a dime and getting 9 cents change! Am I the only one to notice, or did anyone else notice that the comparison video only compared this to the "Bullet Mustang" w/340 HP, NOT the Carroll Shelby Mustang @ 500 HP, nor did it even consider a comparison against the Corvette, never mind the ZO6, but ANY Corvette at all, not even the bottom of the line 400 HP!?
    It is really disappointing to me to see a preview of a "Muscle Car" come out, yet be interpreted as something it will NOT, or ever be! Sorry folks but with $20,000. worth of options, this is not a 4100 lb Muscle Car and will NEVER be worth a $100,000 car. This car in it's present form will only sell to the kids or the disillusioned over 50 adult, in his mid-life crisis! I think I will stick with my C6 Vette and only HOPE to comeup aside of one of these so called "Hemi Challenger's"! I just hope that he can still see my rear plate at the end of the 1/4 mile! I am totally disappointed in this Challenger, it is nothing like I expected to see as the final product! :(
    BTW: Is Chrysler going to do what I hear they are doing with the Viper? If you do NOT already own one, you just can not just go into a Dealership and buy one, not even if you laid the cash on the table? This is what I've heard and don't really know this to be true, not yet anyway! I do want to wish the people that DO buy one of these the best of Luck with it, and hope they get everything they bargained for! Good Luck!
    With a Base Price of just over $21,300, and tested @ just over $40,000, makes me want to cry. Is Chrysler charging you for every bolt and clip that holds this together?

Ummmm... no. But they are definitely charging you for going from a 3.5 liter V6 in the base model to the big daddy SRT8, as you are obviously comparing with those prices.

For almost $20,000. in options, this should be not 1 of the fastest on the road, but THE fastest, hands down.

Really? The fastest car on the road for $40k?? That would be incredibly impressive, but then you'd have to feel bad for all those folks who spend double that to get a GTR, or triple that to get a Porsche, or 5 times that to get a Ferrari.

To compare it with the Carroll Shelby Mustang and the ZO6 Corvette is an insult to both the other cars!

I agree, because those are much more expensive... which leads me to the next point:

Am I the only one to notice, or did anyone else notice that the comparison video only compared this to the "Bullet Mustang" w/340 HP, NOT the Carroll Shelby Mustang @ 500 HP, nor did it even consider a comparison against the Corvette, never mind the ZO6, but ANY Corvette at all, not even the bottom of the line 400 HP!?

Wait a sec ... you are complaining about the Challenger starting at more than $37k, yet you want to compare it to a Vette that starts at $47k or maybe even one that starts at $72k? Not to mention it is not even in the same class as the Challenger given its lack of a rear seat.

The Mustang? Well, I guess the Shelby isn't too much more expensive. Only about $5k more.

But... wait ... tell me again why the Challenger should be the fastest car on the road?

• 08blackrt08blackrt Member Posts: 10
    I would love to have a Challenger! I don't want a stick, I hate them in everyday driving. I HATED the show car's interior, and have no complaints about the production car using the same basic interior as the Charger. All in all, I think the Challenger is about as good as I could ever have hoped it would be.

I was hoping to keep my last vehicle for a couple more years and then get one, but a severe knee injury made my Ram something that had to go away, so I bought what was the closest to it, an 08 Charger R/T. I really like it, no problems at 7 months, I get over 17MPG in town, driving it like I want to, and got 25+ on a trip a while back. And, it's COMFORTABLE.
  • hemichixhemichix Member Posts: 1
    sounds like sour grapes to me, i could have bought a vette many times, i don't like the new body style. i have waited 38 years for a muscle car that actually looked like a muscle car, i could have bought a mustang, but when i heard they were coming out with the challenger, i new i had to have one, and i got one! i am so happy with the car, i know its not the fastest car on the road, but it is fast. 0 to 60 in 4 sec. We took the car to the mopar nationals
    and had it side by side with a 1970 challenger , and the only thing i could say i wish i had on mine is the front hood tie clips. And the brakes are what they say they are.
    When we are cruising everyone looks, crans their neck to see what is coming up behind them, taking pictures with their cell phones, giving us the thumbs up, screaming whoo hooo. the hemi orange really makes people notice the car. the black not so good, the lines of the car disapear, my opinion, and i love black on cars, the red looks good too, but not as good as the orange. When you take off from a red light, the g force sets you back into the seats, and they just envelope you as you climb past the 100 mile per hour mark. the sound of the car gets real throaty , not as much as the old 440's , but it is still good. my neighbors say they can hear me before they see me. it is truly just a fun fantastic car to drive. and we got 22 miles to the gallon highway driving. try to get that in the vette or the old 70's 440 engines.
    that's great.
    it really is a beautiful car. congrats!

• 1843657218436572 Member Posts: 1
    Owner of car #5323 of #6400 chiming in here and I agree with every word. I have never owned a new car, never had the desire, but this car was made for me. I have a 70"s Hemi Challenger and yes it's fast fast fast, but it's also uncomfortable as hell compared with this new machine. This Challenger is quality and forethought from the word go. A pleasure to drive and an attention getter everywhere you go. Orange and black just jumps out and commands attention. I love the keyless entry, the Infotainment Center, Sirius radio, GPS, bolster seats, Kicker sub, carbon fiber stripe, and the seeming endless smooth throaty power. And the handling? The brakes? Wow. There isn't one thing I would change on my car.
    Did I mention I really like it?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Look behind them.

• sabre52270sabre52270 Member Posts: 12
    I know its been a while since anyone posted here, but I was hoping someone could share their Challenger buying or shopping experience with me.
    I'm looking to get an R/T or an SE, and I would like to see what people have been experiencing out their.

Thank you for your help.
  • mopar_rickmopar_rick Member Posts: 16
    I have an 2008 SRT. It's great. I love the car. That's the good news.

The bad news was that getting it was not a fun thing. I had my name on 7 lists for the car and then when they came in they were charging more than sticker price. I would guess that by now it's a lot easier to get one. I've been to a number of dealerships that have the SE and RT so I would imagine that it's easier to get one now. I would check all the dealerships in your area and if they have what you want, I would get it there. If you order one, good luck. Depending on what happens to Chrysler, the order might not get through. My order (at the dealership where I eventually got it) was placed at 9AM in December 2007 ( first day to order the car)and I didn't get it until July 2008.

As of today, It looks like the deal with fiat will go through, but we'll see by the end of the week. If Chrysler goes through bankruptcy, who knows what will happen.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    I've briefly chatted with a couple salesman via email and both were saying list price, so no deals yet, even for a used 2008 with few miles. I'm waiting for employee pricing. Here in Orlando Florida dealers do still have a few on the lots but they aren't dealing. I'll wait.
    That's been my experience as well here in Buffalo New York. What's frustrating, besides the rumored death of Chrysler, is that none of the dealers in my area are taking delivery of any new Challengers.
    Yep, my salesman also said the same, Chrysler isn't making any more Challengers yet. He did say they expect to get a fully loaded blue Classic R/T shortly and that most of the Classics will be the blue color.
    Wow, he told you theiy're not making any more Challengers? Is he stretching the truth a bit, thinking about plant pauses, or did they totally stop?
    I like the Classics, I just am not a big fan of the 20 inch wheels.
    Wow, do you think that's true or is he confusing it with factory pauses?
    I'm not surprised they're not making them, but its hard to believe they would not produce any more Challengers since they are one of their best selling cars.
    I like the Classic, I just don't like its 20 inch wheels.
    I believe he meant the stoppage was only temporary and that things should pick up shortly. But he talked like a typical salesman, trying to get me to buy now, saying even when things pick up it will still be slow. I told him I'll still wait for the employee pricing. I gave him all my contact information and surprisingly I haven't heard from him since.
    I'm not surprised you haven't heard from him. Even though the economy is slow and Chrysler is in trouble the Challengers seem to be holding their own. I've gotten an initial internet quote for $1500 off MSRP on a base SE with sunroof, but I haven't really talked to the dealer yet and wouldn't be surpirsed if some part of that deal didn't apply to me. Forget about it on R/Ts.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    There are a few fairly recent posts in the Challenger Prices Paid & Buing Experience forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.