Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Ford Escape Hybrid Owners - Give Us Your Report

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited October 2014 in Ford
Introduce yourself and get to know other Escape Hybrid owners here!

Comments

• tduffy2tduffy2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm a new Escape Hybrid owner and the love this car. Looking forward to conversing with other owners on issues as they arise.
  • tblasktblask Member Posts: 1
    0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Tblask, here in Marin County; just moved up from San Francisco - in the FEH, 'natch. The warmer weather and flatter terrain are much appreciated by my '05 Escape, and by me as well.
    With 6,000 miles logged since delivery in December I'm at the point where
    I'll have the first service done very soon. All that city driving, with those wicked hills, certainly qualifies as 'severe service' by any standard - but, really, the crankcase oil isn't very dirty at all; however, we all know there's a pile of metal bits of all kinds just floating and flying around in there. Good riddance, right?
    Just popped in a cabin air filter, Motorcraft FP-49, which by the way fits ALL
    Escapes, and which we all know is NOT supplied by Bill Ford & Company.
    Enyhoo, Big Hello to all you kool cats and Hybirds out there!

O & BTW, the Escape Hybrid is a true delight to own and drive by my lights
    (well, in the daytime, too).

Toodles ~ Tblask

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
  • cfox1cfox1 Member Posts: 3
    Today, I will be purchasing the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid.
    The reason for the purchase is obvious--gas prices. I currently enjoy driving my Toyota Highlander AWD (20 mpg), but to spend nearly $400/month in gas is down right ridiculous. My daily commute is from Grand Haven to Grand Rapids, a brisk 100 mile daily trip . Three months ago I put an order into Ford for my 2006 model. To my dismay, last week the dealer called me and told me my SUV would not be ready until early 2006 due to the lack of cell batteries (I believe I would loose the '04-05' $1,000 tax break if purchased in '06).
    I got lucky.
    A dealer in Grand Haven was trying to sell on Ebay the exact same vehicle I ordered from the Grand Rapids dealership, except it was an '06. The Ebay deal fell through and the car is mine today, just like I ordered.
    How did the much smaller Grand Haven dealer get their hands on an '06?
    My hope is that I will be able to cut my gas use by 20-25%.

Can anyone comment on highway mileage?
  • doohickeydoohickey Member Posts: 2
    I get about 29.7 on the highway @ 70mph.
  • aubfergaubferg Member Posts: 5
    getting 29.4 miles per US gallon after 2100 miles; have done more highway driving than I will typically do so expect my mileage to improve as I stick closer to home now that vacation is over.
    Have cut my consumptiuon by 33% versus my Volvo XC70 and have realized a relative savings of 12% by being able to use a less premium gas = SIGNIFICANT!
  • maimmaim Member Posts: 1
    I'm a new '06 Escape Hybrid owner and really enjoying the SUV.
  • puravidapuravida Member Posts: 4
    Purchased 2006 Escape Hybrid in Dallas TX on 8/27/2005. After 3 tanks of gas the instruments tell me that I'm getting approx 33 mpg (haven't calcuated true mpg yet). Much better mileage than I got from my previous vehicle (Land Rover Discovery). I also hope the Escape proves to be more reliable than the Discovery.
  • carole23carole23 Member Posts: 3
    Is any one signed up for the Escape Hybrid sessions in Dearborn, MI Oct. 8 or Oct. 9 ? Much to my dismay, I received the mailing and called only to find out it is full already. Just wondering, if anyone may be going that could report back in this forum what was covered and any helpful hints they offer. In May, I got my 2006 Escape Hybrid and so far I really enjoy driving it !
  • smocomsmocom Member Posts: 2
    I was INCREDIBLY lucky about 10 days ago to have picked up a USED 2006 Escape Hybrid. Some guy in Santa Fe, NM with a lot of money to throw around didn't like the seat and decided to trade his '06 in after only 2 months of service for an Explorer. Ultimately it meant a price tag for me of 3000 under MSRP for a practically brand new car. He did manage to put 5000 miles on the car though, but they must have been mostly highway miles, which to me is a huge plus. Right place at the right time I guess.

So far I love it. My only concern is the amount of technology. It seems like one giant computer chip with the navigation system, electronically controlled 4 wheel drive and of course the hybrid computers. Looking under the hood and listening to all the servos and valves opening and closing, I have to wonder just how much time I'll have before it is in the shop for repairs. The warranty on the Hybrid components is nice, but it only covers very specific items. Anyone have any experience yet with failing components?

Mileage in hilly/mountainous NM so far has been hovering around 29.5 (4wd).
  • nimhbugnimhbug Member Posts: 3
    new to the board, and new to my 2006 escape hybrid! i picked it up aug. 31st and so far it has about 1700mi on it. i've gotten the mpg up to 31 (still steadily rising) but it promptly drops to 28-29mpg when my husband drives. darn leadfoot! michigan license plate NIMHBUG...and i love explaining it to people :)

later,
    courtney
  • mauthedogmauthedog Member Posts: 5
    I bought my Escape in June from Muzi Motors, Norwood, MA.
    I traded in a 2004 Chevrolet escape for the Escape.
    I commute 12 miles to work along busy Rte 9 west of Boston. The Blazer got 12mpg; the Escape in getting approx 33-35.

The other car [wife's car] in the family is a Toyota Corolla. It gets 28 mpg, so my Escape is getting better mpg.

I sometimes see one other Escape on Rte 9. Funny thing, usually I am driving the Corolla when I see the other Escape. Someday I hope to wave to the guy in the other Escape from my Escape.

My father told me about these boards. He posts at the Camry forum. If you're reading here---"Hi Dad".

Pleased to be here. Thanks.
  • wyogreenwyogreen Member Posts: 4
    Hi, just picked up our new Escape yesterday. 330 miles on it so far. Runs great, lots of interior room, very quite, lots of pep. Milage is creeping up. Much too soon to comment on the milage. Other than 8 weeks waiting for delivery from the factory to the dealer, I'm pleased with the whole deal. So far the message board has answered several questions. I'm sure I'll have more.
    More later.
  • greenearthgreenearth Member Posts: 2
    hi - did you get the navigation system? please let me know. thanks. my nav cd's got stolen and i am lost in seattle.

:) i'd appreciate a response.
  • canukvetcanukvet Member Posts: 6
    Hello from the Great Brown North!
    Well it is this year, thus far anyway, even saw a Gopher today outside the Office.
    Boy is that Dude going to be in for a shock when we get snow next month.
    Any way I have had my little "Green Sprout" since August 2005 and I am enjoying the ride!
    It has some quirks but so does every car.
    I hope to draw on your help on a few things and provide help back as well when I can be of service.
    Anyway time to call it quits for tonight.
    Glad to be a part of such a great group of folks!
    Cheers! ;)
  • xertesxertes Member Posts: 11
    Hi. Just purchased a brand new 2006 Escape Hybrid about two weeks ago. Bought it with 48 miles on it, now have over 600! Took it on a nice day drive last weekend, and really enjoyed it. Bought it from Don Aadsen Ford-Mercury in Ronan Montana, and had a great experience. Test-drove it on Wednesday, made the deal on Thursday (over the phone), and picked it up on Saturday. The salespeople were great, and they worked with me on trade-in and financing. Turned in my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer (Premier trim w/ all the options)... bought the Mountaineer last August to move out here to MT from NC, but was only getting about 11mpg in town to/from work, the escape is already getting well over two times that. Overall, good buying experience, and I'm looking forward to more weekend trips in the coming months, not to mention visiting the gas station half as much! :D
  • 69driver69driver Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 06 last night at Koons Ford Sterling.

Looking forward to being green
  • atlvibeatlvibe Member Posts: 109
    Just purchased an 06 Escape hybrid today. Looking forward to better fuel economy and clean air emissions. 60 month zero percentage finance rate was the icing on the cake for me. The current price of fuel made this a easy decision.
  • xertesxertes Member Posts: 11
    Hello. Bought my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid about three weeks ago, traded in a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer AWD V8, since I was only getting about 11mpg in the city. So far, I love the FEH, and the gas mileage. :)
  • devomidevomi Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2007 FWD Escape Hybrid last week. 260 Miles on it now and the avg. mpg is 35.4 All of the miles are city miles--no hwy miles. So far i love it. The battery starts to kick in after about a mile of warm-up. That may chnge in the winter. I have had it up 35MPH in the battery mode B4 the gas motor kicks in. I can go about a mile in battery mode B4 the moter comes on to re-charge. You do have to drive it completly different, but it only took a couple of days to get into it. I love it now when a big SUV passes me, he is getting 15MPG I am getting 35MPG. I will catch-up to him at the gas station. :)
  • ekiehnekiehn Member Posts: 33
    I have an '06 which I took delivery of in '05 and love it. My highway mialge varies on how I drive. If in flat Florida I drive around the speed limit I get around 30.7 miles to the gallon. If I do a little over the speed limt (maybe 10 miles/hour os so) I drop down to around 26.7 MPG. On a trip from South FL to to South Carolina with a topper a fully loaded cargo area and fully loaded passenger area I did about the same. Compared to my previous van which was avg around 17mpg I am really pleased, and every time the price of gas goes up I keep on smiling :)
  • uvroweruvrower Member Posts: 10
    Thanks to everyone's suggestions. The internet recommendation for Cowles Ford in Woodbridge VA was great. Jim was a super help, with a great quote. I live in NY, but am from that area and planned to buy a FWD there as they are scarce here. Trade-in issues prevented me from buying it there, but from my experience can recommend them.

Have a 2007 FWD w/all options and love the "car". It is comfortable for everyone, even for trips. Only complaint is the nav system. This system is so bad it does not even have my street which is a county route over 350 years old! Ford should be embarrassed by that system.

Getting 29-33 mpg though I only have 500 miles on it. Am looking for a small hitch to fit it and will need to scour this forum for tips. Also would like to add some modest color to the interior. (Car is gray with gray interior). Any sites would be appreciated.

Now my only problem is that my wife doesn't want to drive her car anymore.
  • jeezydeezyjeezydeezy Member Posts: 2
    I got my 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid last week, and so far, I am loving it! It took a few days to get used to the steering, and I am training myself to drive differently to get maximum fuel efficiency. I have a nasty commute to work with over an hour of residential streets and stop signs. I just got rid of my '97 Passport, because it was only getting 12-13 mpg and the price of gas was killing me! Over the last two days, I have averaged over 35 mpg on my commute. The other night I ran a short errand to the neighborhood pharmacy and that trip alone averaged over 50 mpg because it was nearly all battery-powered! I am not a fan of the CD Navigation system, because the first three things I looked up were not there (my house, Citibank, and UCLA!), so I am hoping they update the CDs soon. The only other thing that bugs me is that the six CD changer is under the passenger seat, but in order to access it, the seat must be pushed all the way back, yet it is not electronically powered, so you really have to SIT in it, in order to access your CDs. I can't have it back all the time, as I have a babyseat directly behind it. No matter, it's a small beef, and better than having to go all the way to the trunk to change your CDs.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "No matter, it's a small beef, and better than having to go all the way to the trunk to change your CDs."

But not so good as the Honda system, where the 6 CDs are in the dash, behind the screen of the NAV system. The screen folds up and back to load CDs.
  • escabelleescabelle Member Posts: 1
    hello hybrid owners,
    I bought my 2007 FEH/ FWD on Oct 7th.; I am totally in love with my "sweet Escape". ;)
    My friends, family, & coworkers were very surprised [read- impressed] that I chose to buy a Hybrid. Probably because I am a 57 y/o,divorced female; and I did not have a male go with me to buy it.
    I had read up on the hybrid on the web and liked what I saw about the fuel economy.
    I have put a little over 500 miles on it and am seeing about 29 mpg per the info system. (I did not get the Nav system).
    I do sit in Houston traffic and part of the route home is thru suburbia, so my little baby gets to use her electric system a lot.
    I do have a question about washing the hybrid.
    The manual says to be careful not to get water and soap in the back air-vent ( at the back side window for the HV battery).
    I prefer to go to a Mr. CarWash or a gas station car wash, rather then to wash by hand, so I am concerned about water spraying in that vent from those types of places. What are your thoughts on that?
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    >"No matter, it's a small beef, and better than having to >go all the way to the trunk to change your CDs."
    >
    >But not so good as the Honda system, where the 6 CDs are >in the dash, behind the screen of the NAV system. The >screen folds up and back to load CDs.

Honda makes a Hybrid SUV? news to me....they don't even make a FULL HYBRID vehicle.

Mark
    "Honda makes a Hybrid SUV? news to me....they don't even make a FULL HYBRID vehicle. "

I guess you think that only hybrids have NAV systems with multiple CD changers? However, for the record, I have since discovered that the 2007 CR-V with NAV only puts the NAV CD behind the screen. The audio CDs are in the console between the front seats.

I don't recall writing anything about a Hybrid Honda SUV in my post. However, I personally am waiting for the 2009 CR-V with the CDI 2.2 diesel engine. That should be good for 30 MPG city / 40 MPG highway. And it will be better for the environment :surprise:
  • smitty150smitty150 Member Posts: 5
    :confuse: We love the FEH 4WD. My wife wants to steal it from me. It rides and handles better than our Sienna Van.

My only concern is a drop in MPG from the low 30s to around
    28-29.

However, maybe I should add a few things.

1. My longest drive is 24 miles RT, takes about 40 minutes (20 each way), and is mostly 35-45 MPH with about 6 stops at lights.

2. I also do a lot of short hauls (errands) in the 3-5 mile range between stops which can number up to 4 or so.

3. Its gotten colder in the last month and this corresponds to the mileage drop. Is there a correlation?

4. I do "baby" the accelerator and can often get it on battery for a few blocks at least.

Ideas and reactions greatly appreciated!

Smitty from Southern Oregon
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Hybrid or not, the cold is certainly going to affect your mileage performance. From the low 30's to just under 30 doesn't seem at all unusual.
  • smitty150smitty150 Member Posts: 5
    I should also add we are in Southern Oregon and not

in bone-chilling weather. 30 overnight and 45-50 during

the day.
    Colder temp will definately affect your FEH mpg. The battery is temp sensitive and there is heating system to keep the battery in its best temp range. Ah but the heating system runs off the gas engine.

If you have the opportunity to garage the FEH overnight that should help.

Also CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE. every 10 degree drop in temp drops your tire pressure by 1 lb/sqin. Low tire pressure will lower your mpg.

Mark.
  • karlskarls Member Posts: 7
    Purchased our 2007 FEH AWD from a local dealer's lot two weeks ago after seeing the 2008 sneak-peeks and the LA auto show text/pics. The new design probably improves on some of the prior version's looks/layout issues. I'm sure the Ford fleet managers and focus groups love the changes, but the 2008 seems too truck-like for us. (Of course, that's certainly our subjective opinion; your mileage may vary). ;)

My wife's the primary driver. We've only put a bit more than 500 miles on it so far, and both of us like almost everything about this vehicle. No buyer's remorse at all. :D

Nice performance; comfortable front heated seats (although the switches need to be moved to the dashboard); great space/capacity behind the 2nd seats; very smooth transitions between the elec and gas propulsion systems; exterior fit and finish look really great; the interior is familiar when compared to our 2004 Expedition, although most of the non-leather materials are very bland.

The GPS' technology is long-in-the-tooth (using CDs), plus the CD set is two years old. When updates are available every 24-30 months, they'll cost $200+ per set, based upon the mapping company's response to my inquiry.

Above all, this vehicle is fun to drive! We look forward to going through our first winter with this economical AWD. :shades:
  • loveakloveak Member Posts: 10
    I purchased our 06 Escape from a Saturn dealship here in town with only 3500 miles on it. After some research I was able to establish that lady had purchased it new from our local Ford dealship-but had 4 kids-three of which were in car seats. So before too long she traded it in on a Saturn Van.
    The first 5 or so tanks were runnning about 29mpg. Then it started dropping. When it hit about 24 I took it into the dealership-according to them nothing was wrong, and we were told it took 5-6 thousand miles for the computer to "learn". I took it back when it hit 20 mpg and was told again that there was nothing wrong and were told by the service departments only "Tech" (qualified to work on it)that "You do realise that this is not a multidriver vehicle, right?" I was astounded. We hit a bottom of 17mpg and it is now at 20. I contacted the service manager and he said he was baffaled. (Much to the irritation of my wife) The up side is my wife loves it, it handles fantastic in the snow.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks , Randy
    If you are encountering snow, the wheels are slipping more, and it is cold. If you are also making short trips, it can really zap the MPG. Your MPG may rise come spring... :shades:
    If you want an accurate reading, you need to reset the trip computer with each tank up.

You also need to read back a few pages as many people have already posted how the cold effects all hybrids and what to do about it.

Mark.
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    I've tested lots of hybrid vehicles in the last 2 months.

Prius
    Camry
    Accord
    Escape
    Mariner

Accord was nice. Camry was somewhat disappointing. Prius was good. Mariner was good. Escape was good.

At this moment you can't find no 4WD Escape Hybrids in dealer stock in Atlanta (or other big towns in Ga.)

Most of the Mariners available are 4WD, and they are loaded up with costly packages. Many have the navigation unit which several owners posting here indicate they are not satisified with. So I found 2 base units. One black MMH 4WD and stumbled into one "sage" MMH 4WD.

The sage colored one was showing up on internet but dealership "couldn't locate it in their inventory". It turned out that they had a "computer glitch" (or human glitch aahaha) and I ended up benefiting from it.

After several calls from me to them they discovered it in their adjacent lot. I drove about 60 mi and tested it. Bought it on the spot. And they did not charge to deliver it that day to my home 60 miles away!

Aside from great gas mileage, the Mariner had 5 miles on it and was fun for me to drive. It's:

a. Handsome style
    b. 'Sage' is a dynamite color
    c. Entry and exit are excellent
    d. Controls ok. (takes a little getting use to)
    e. Visibility is great (compared to Element, etc)
    f. Noise level is low.
    g. Cloth seats comfortable
    h. I like the self dimming mirror (standard)
    i. 16" wheels look good
    j. Bumpers and panels were smooth "sage" color.
    k. Roominess
    l. Better than expected handling
    m. I like tax credits
    n. Standard sound system is just "ok"
    o. Good environmental image

I bought the base model of the Mariner Hybrid 4WD. I like it. Did the X plan price and saved pretty well off MSRP by paying cash. (And no "Documentation Fees" added in because of using X-Plan)

I'm shopping for vent shades for windows (rain out, air in) and trying to find a set of decent splash guards because areas behind tires will suffer from dirt, tar gravel, etc. over time.

Posting in here because Mariner Hybrid is a cousin to the Escape Hybrid. MMH has no discussion here at Edmunds.

These vehicles are kind of fun and makes you feel good driving them.
    Hey, check out www.fordaccessories.com

Mark.
    It actually started before the snow hit. Car is garaged at night. I spoke to another Escape HY owner the other day at I-Hop and he lives in Fairbanks AK. Now that's cold weather-he is getting 19 on the highway and over 20 in town.
    The service manager and I got into an interesting discussion the other day about the snow tires. I'm going to take a tape and see if the tires are exactly what the originals are.

We aren't depending on the digital but using the old pen and paper.
    Running about 20 off and on now.
    You may be getting 20mpg in mixed driving but I assure, that is at least as good if not much better than what a v6 Escape would get in mixed driving.

Also, the snow tires are scrubbing off some MPG due to greater friction.

Mark.
  • gmoreaugmoreau Member Posts: 4
    I own a 2006 FEH AWD and live in Vermont. My experience:

The Good: 28 - 31 mpg in the city or on the highway; pretty good in decent weather. Handling in bad weather is decent.

The Bad: This morning, after dropping my daughter off at school, I looked at the mileage and it posted 19.1 mpg. In the 1.3 mile drive from the school, it dropped down to 18.9 and 18.8 mpg. The "Miles to Empty" gauge dropped from 184 miles to empty to 182 miles to empty in less than a minute of driving! The typically sluggish performance of the truck seems significantly exacerbated by the cold (and admittedly it's really really cold here--although the truck is garaged). Also, I have stock tires--not snows, and recently inflated them. I read that in cold weather, mpg would drop some, but 40%?? That's really bad--my former Audi A6 turbo got better mileage than this. Because of the squeaks that should never occur on a new vehicle (see my and other people's posts about this), the klugey computer that needs to be reset often and doesn't even provide an external temp, and the crummy NAV system, I'm less than satisfied. Ford needs to own known problems (like the squeaking), and has a lot more work to do regarding how to engineer a hybrid in cold weather conditions (should we all just move to Florida?), and I'm seriously considering replacing this with a Toyota Highlander Hybrid, but I don't know how that handles the cold...
  • ekiehnekiehn Member Posts: 33
    Wow maybe I'm the luckiest EH owner out there, but I ave had no problem with my 2006 model. Granted I am in Florida but I have a place way up in the north GA mountains and have had no issues there either. Mileage avg around 32MPG both locations (sometimes I do a little better in the mountains) - Not sluggish at all as I zip in and out of traffic (anyone who has driven in FL will know what I mean) - Squeaks are non existent except those that I normally associate with an SUV of any make (Can't fairly compare an Audi to a truck - though I've heard the Lexus SUV is quite) - NAV system, yes it needs to be modernized but it found a dirt road out in the middle of the GA mountains for me without a hitch and has been able to match direction for direction comparison maps that I have gotten from Yahoo and google maps.

Ya the thing that does bug me is that I don't have an external temperature reading, and a few more storage compartments (overhead space is wasted)would be great and just one more gallon of gas in the tank would extend my range considerably.

One thing you have to realize is that on extremely short trips (a mile or less) you really kill the mileage. This is true in most vehicles until they warm up. It may be aggravated a little in a hybrid because the engine runs at a higher RPM to charge the batteries even while stopped. Once you hit the 3 to 4 mile mark it all seems to balance out. The cold obviously has a big effect as both batteries and engines are least efficient when they are cold.

Overall I have been extremely happy with my EH and it has saved me a tone of money in fuel bills compared to the VAN that I was using. Now if they would only put in a diesel then we could be talking real mileage :)
    The Ext Temp will be available on 08s with auto climate control.

Mark.
  • 3screwsloose3screwsloose Member Posts: 116
    Damn right the cold affects the hybrid! We don't need the AC then, unless it rains and cannot see thru the foggy windows. Still getting over 30MPG - figured out longhand - not the trip computer method. 25mi commute 1 way, rush hour traffic, highway/city roads. Ethanol.
  • 3screwsloose3screwsloose Member Posts: 116
    I realize you need snow tires to navigate in the Great White North. Down here in Texas, we rarely have anything to deal with that you must be used to - until recently. My '06 Mariner Hybrid came with Continental Contitrac ECO Plus tires. The Plus denotes a higher tire air pressure - 5psi. Specific to the Hybrid, it is not fitted on "normal" Mariners. We had quite a time getting a replacement tire after my wife destroyed one by cutting a 2" hole in the center tread - concrete planter shards. They are available only thru the dealer ( Ford ), with the VIN required to order and have drop shipped from the factory - Continental that is. What a hassle. However, the tire was priced less than the non ECO plus at local tire shops. Fortunately we have a spare car to drive while we wait for a replacement tire to arrive from Carolina.
  • devomidevomi Member Posts: 10
    I have a FWD '07 I bought in August. I was getting 36MPG until it started getting cold (Michigan). Now with temps in the 20's I am getting in the 28MPG Range. I expect to get back to 36MPG once the weather breaks.
  • malibuskymalibusky Member Posts: 15
    I owned it for one month...then I was carjacked!! :cry:

Don't think the guy even knew what he was taking!!

Waiting for my insurance $$ to purchase a new one...was wondering if I should just wait for the 2008...when are they coming out?
    They are in production NOW will begin to ship in February!

Mark.
    That is great, I had heard chatter about it in general but I thought I would need to wait longer..what happened to Sept. releases of new cars? I will contact our dealer, just wondering...are they back ordered?
    Well, I guess bad things sometimes create good things..I get a 2008!!
    What is the story with the "foggy windows"? I thought it was only me. A few weeks ago it fogged up so fast I barely had time to pull over...and almost drove into s strawberry field! What setting seems to be causing "instant" fog?
    Interesting. Just got ours back out of the shop again. We have been running as high as 29 when we first got it to a low of -get this 11. I about croaked. My 92 Z-71 chevy 4x4 does better. Well, most of the time. According to the dealer they "couldn't find anythng wrong" and because we couldn't find anything wrong that'll be $90 dollars thank you. I have found that you cannot go by the mpg in the instrumnent cluster. Wife and I were going down the road teh other day and the cluster was jumping showing mpg of 6.8,7.3,8.9-etc. I asked the better half to look and she said "What'd you do to my car!?" This was holding th e speed at a steady 60 mph. What I found interesting is after we got it out of the shop and they "ran all the tests" last tank was 22mpg. I wonder if in the process of testing they reset the klugey computer? I hadn't thought of that. Met a guy in the credit union the other day and he has one and has a friend sho has one also. He is getting consistant 24-25 and he is a self professed lead foot. His female friend is getting right around 30 but she drives like the proverbial old lady. I think I should have gone with the Toyota Highlander. Florida huh? Hmmmm, Not ready for that yet.
  • hilbillyhilbilly Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06 FEH When I got it last summer I was getting 26-38 mpg. When the temp. droped my milage droped to 18-22. the dealership cam't find anything wrong. The first diference I noticed was that it wasn't going over to electric as often and it was charging a lot more. I have also noticed that on extreamly cold mornings (below 20) that the engin revs a lot higher at the same speeds and when I stop at a light with the defrost on the engine will shut off. Starts right back up when I step on the gas pedal.
    I have had it in the shop several times and they tell me unless they get a check engine light there is nothing they can do because if something wasn't working right they would get a fault code.
    ">
This discussion has been closed.