Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Leveling kit 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500

mm1422mm1422 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
I am looking into getting a leveling kit installed in my 2005 Chevy Silverado and wanted to ask if anyone had any suggestions, recommendations, or anything else that would be useful.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Chevy Silverado: Problems & Solutions discussion instead; other owners will find your question faster over there. Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • jake357jake357 Member Posts: 3
    just wondering if any one could recommend the best way to level my 00 extended cab 1500 2wd. the front end sags about 2.5 inches lower than the rear. took it to a shop, but they said i would need a whole new front suspension, and that it would really cost me. i would like it to have the lift of a Z71 but not cost me a small fortune. any help would be appreciated
  • atz71atz71 Member Posts: 1
    There are such things as torsion keys that can raise the front end of your chevy truck as much as 2 inches. This should level out your truck for the most part. The kits run about a hundred bucks. Your local dealer should be able to install the keys into your truck to give you the 2 inch raise. You only need to change your suspension, in the event that you are getting a raised susp. kit.
  • hbwizardhbwizard Member Posts: 1
    since the torsion bar is gone, how do I level my front on 2006 1/2 ton silverado crew cab
  • dotsonohanadotsonohana Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 silverado crew cab with 22" wheels and Nitto tires on it. For whatever reason my front passenger tire is getting shredded on the outside portion of the tire. I've taken it to the dealer to see if something is wrong with the one side(shocks or ?). They say nothing ius wrong with anything that its just the tires. I only have the damage on one side. Is there something special I should have installed like shocks or some kind of lift done to keep the truck off the tires? The front end bounces up and down like crazy too. I've seen the Extreme S-10 with 22" and lowered and not have the problem I'm having. Thanks for any help you can give
  • musclefreakmusclefreak Member Posts: 1
    The first thing is that you don't have torison keys thats only on 4wd. The second thing is that a z71 has a 2.7 in. block on the rear leaf springs. I know this because I own a 2000 silverado z71 4wd. Your mechanic is alos full of bs. You can buy a leveling kit for a 2wd for probaly $225 and probably install it yourself. All it is, is a piece of metal that slides under the front 2 springs and levels out the whole truck.
  • danking27danking27 Member Posts: 2
    I got a z71 1500 and Im thinking to do the 6inch suspension w/ a 3 inch body...but Ive been advised not to go with a body lift...I did a 6inch suspension with my old truck and worked out beatifully, not a single problem. but now I wanna go 9 inches without damaging my truck. what are the pros/cons. Maybe I can possibly just go with a 9inch suspension. I'm really not to sure how I can do this and have a suspension ride...If I insert the body lift, will it stiffin the ride up alot? thanks
  • gbensongbenson Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 chevy 1500 silverado ext. cab 2 wheel drive pickup. 5.3 engine. I wood like to put a set of OEM 20" factory wheels on this truck. the size would be 275/55r/20. what would have to be done for this install. will the speedo be off. any help would be appreciated. THANKS
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    the 20" tire is 31.90 around and the stock 235/75r16 is 29.84 not sure about the revs per mile. a 265/70r16 is around 30.2 and is about as large as can be used with out hitting the front fenders.
  • gbensongbenson Member Posts: 2
    I guess ive seen 20" wheels on these 2wd trucks ive even tried one out that had 20" wheels on it ,but my biggest concern is the speedo
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    it may have a miner effect. one way to get an idea of how much change has occured is to use a garmin that shows speed. it does not use vehicle components to determine speed. so it will be somewhat more consistant than your speedo. the change should be less than 5 mph.
  • hockey42028hockey42028 Member Posts: 1
    was wondering whats the best lift for the money for my 2000 chevy silverado 4x4 z71 thanks for looking...

Tom
  • bigliftchevybigliftchevy Member Posts: 1
    i was wondering if you ever did the 3in body and 6in sus.?
This discussion has been closed.