Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comments

• lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    For those of you out there that have the 5.9 and want to make a large improvement on both fuel mileage and power I found that putting a 28" cherry bomb in place of the OEM muffler makes a large difference. I went from 13mpg in the city up to 14 mpg and the truck no longer gets the exhaust note is awsome its not to loud and has a nice deep rumble. The whole project cost me $50 and 1 hour of work.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    I was thinking of the extra-gas-in-the-gas-can thing myself, but I'm going to wait until a little better weather.

Because the fuel indication signal from the tank is dampened on most vehicles, there could be a scenario where you out-drive the fuel gauge and actually run out before the needle rests on empty. And, of course, there are people who live on the edge, so to speak, and will push the envelope and run the tank low thereby correspondingly run the risk of driving out of fuel.

This Dakota overshoots the empty and full marks considerably. But because the action of my fuel gauge does appear to be linear, I suspect that the engineers have built in some 'reserve' fuel supply by just under representing the actual amount of fuel left in the tank (as indicated). This probably keeps some people from walking.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • libertycatlibertycat Member Posts: 593
    Don't buy a full-size pickup without considering this one. It has the roomiest front seat in its class. Don't listen to Consumer Reports in their negative review of the Ram. They had to have been paid by GM and Toyota since those reviews are so totally positive. The styling is very sporty as a bonus. The interior of the SLT and Laramie with leather is SO more luxurious than its competitors especially the Tundra and F150 AGAIN. The Tundra doesn't have a crew cab, so most buyers immediately rule that out. The best alternative to a Ram is the Avalanche, but that is very costly and has a less luxurious and ergonomic interior. Also, the Ram is one of the most exclusive and least often seen full-size pickups.
  • mbatchelormbatchelor Member Posts: 27
    First off, Consumer Reports doesn't know how to test trucks, they treat trucks just like cars. CR expects the truck to ride and handle like a car for some reason?? CR poo-pooed my 1998 Chevy C1500 extended cab, yet after 5 years of service nothing has fallen off and the only replacement items is tires and battery.
    So I wouldn't let CR sway my decision. BTW, I looking to replace my Chevy with a 1500 QC. I narrowed it down the the Ford Supercrew and the QC. The QC is first on my list because of the 6'3" bed vs the 5' for the Ford.
  • utloggerutlogger Member Posts: 17
    Regarding Consumer Report's ratings, as a 25+ year subscriber to that magazine, I doubt that Consumer's Union would risk their reputation by accepting “bribes” from any manufacturer or service provider. However, I don’t consider many of their tests to be objective and now consider them to be only a tester’s opinion. Twice just this year, I have been “stung” by relying solely on Consumer Report’s ratings. Had I fully trusted their test results, I would not presently be driving a Dodge PU and would instead be driving a GM product. Having owned a Chevy truck and now the Ram, it’s my opinion that the Ram is far superior to the GM product. One area where Consumer Reports ratings are of great value however, is their product reliability rating. Those ratings are based entirely on Consumer Report’s readers responses to annual questionnaires, not the magazine’s testers.

Also, mbatchelor, I also considered buying a Ford truck when I was considering buying the Dodge, but after learning of Ford's numerous(!) recalls on their new vehicles, bought the Dodge. After driving the Dodge Ram for over 30,000 miles since August 2001, I now realize that I made the best decision. The Ram is great!!
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    As a long time subscriber to Consumer Reports, I tend to turn a "blind eye" to their automotive reports. The relatively recent Ram review was perhaps the most unreasonable in memory. Never do I recall a single article so diametrically opposed to what the truck and automotive press were saying. I've seen several debates where folks cite some disgruntled "former Chrysler engineers" dirtying the water at Consumer Reports. Certainly wouldn't know if it were true, but I do know that their reports on vehicles that I've owned (Intrepid, Montero, Diamante', Ram) seemed off base.
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    jason,

did you ever spring for a new ram??
    utlogger,

Actually, the Consumers' Report reliability rating is not as reliable as you might think. There are data point flaws and serious ambiguities in the way they report. And despite the fact that it is all self-report, statistical analysts will tell you that this type of data is subject to potentially significant corruption.

I agree with you that Consumers' Union would unlikely accept outright bribes, however do not dismiss the possibility of politics seeping into their opinion. They have practiced outright deception. In the past they have used a marketing trick common to magazines and journals. They will mail you a "reminder" that your subscription is about to run out, sometimes up to six months prior to your actual renewal date. Because most people easily forget and are too busy to keep up on renewals of magazines and such, some people have stated that they were actually paid up through 3 or 4 years before they realized this deception practice. I'm not sure they still do this, but they did for some time. It seems sort of contradictory for a so-called "consumer advocate" to be practicing this type of tactic.

Best regards,
    Dusty
    dusty,

the issue you bring to light about subscription practices is more of a problem with the contractor that CR uses to do their subscriptions rather than CR itself. when i was in college i used to work for a magazine subscription company and this is common practice...
  • inukeu2inukeu2 Member Posts: 23
    I'll agree with everyone that the dte reading is a bit conservative. I tried the same test on my last hunting trip. I threw in the five gallon gas can as my trip would total seven hundred miles. I drove the first leg 40 miles past the dte reading zero. That required a refill of 24+ gallons. This is still less than the published 26 gallon capacity. The two subsequent tanks duplicated similar results. I returned home with the same five gallons in the can. This is a huge relief when traveling long distances in the plains states. I was more worried about snapping off the needle on the empty peg than I was about running the tank dry.

On a related note we bounced that pickup over some extremely rough terrain and nary a squeak or rattle was to be found when I got home. This truck really is Ram tough!
  • mbatchelormbatchelor Member Posts: 27
    My local dealer is trying his best to sell me a truck. It's a Lone Star edition with premium seats and the towing package. He will sale it to me $400 under invoice. Including the $2500 rebate and another $300 for having a DBA my drive out is $24,119.
    Is this a good deal?
  • 02ramman02ramman Member Posts: 62
    Another reason why they "overshoot" on the empty reading is to keep from burning up your fuel pump. All makes of vehicles I've owned in the 90's until today have this feature. The few gallons that are left cools the fuel pump, and when it is 100 degrees or hotter, the fuel gets pretty warm!
    Steve
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    How is the driver's seat and position flexibility in the RAM 1500 for you larger drivers. I'm 6'-5", 270 lbs. We have a '03 Tahoe Z71 in our company car pool. I just returned from a 1,000 mile trip and my back hurts. I just couldn't get the driver's seat into a comfortable position.
    I think you would be pleased. The seats are a little firmer than the F150 and GM pickups and the cabin is a little bigger. When I rented a RAM I found the seats to be more secure and less tiring. Of course, the quiet interior alone added to less fatigue.

Good luck,
    Dusty
    If you order the power driver's seat, you'll have a full range of seat positions in addition to power lumbar support. Last summer, I drove my Ram to Vegas, approx 480 miles, and arrived fully refreshed and without any back pain. It seems that everything Dodge has done with the Ram has been well designed and well executed.
  • bc01clsbc01cls Member Posts: 44
    I can't believe that I made my longest driving day mileage ever in this thing ('02 QuadCab Ram 1500 4.7)...I drove 1,050 miles straight through with only two good rests. Did it pulling a 6 X 12 U-Haul too. I have the power driver's seat with lumbar. Firm yes. Orthopedic, yes. Insane?? Absolutely. Seat was more comfortable on long hauls than I thought it would be. We have an '01 Acura CL Type S and I've only done 750 miles max in that.
  • silverramsilverram Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for everyone's input on my fuel capacity questions. I recently ran my 2002 Ram 20 miles past the computer saying it was empty. Pumped 22.5 gallons in, which means, I could have safely gone another 20. Although that isn't something I want to test right now in the cold winter weather of Chicago.

I am researching a good looking tonneau cover for my Bright Silver beast, and looking for suggestions. I would like a fiberglass top, but have seen some pretty cool soft tops too. Anyone have one they would recommend and pricing? The fiberglass tops are pretty expensive from what I have seen, but at the same time I don't want anything that looks cheap.
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    I have an 01 ram and I got the Mopar soft tonneau cover it looks great and it is easy to take off.
    Right near Bend, OR where I live, there is Mt. Bachelor, a skiing mountain Bend is famous for!
    Consumer Reports in their 2003 Buyer's Guide mentioned the Ram was one of the worst vehicles for tall AND short drivers and it had bad ergonomics and uncomfortable seats. It also had bad build quality. Can you imagine? I think the ergonomics are great with the ingenious center armrest.
  • themanxthemanx Member Posts: 110
    I tell people driving my 02 1500QC is like sitting in my Lazyboy but I get to drive it!
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    and find the seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever sat in. I'm tall (my '01 Ram doesn't have enough leg room to suit me) but the new seats just feel great. I haven't driven a new body style for a long period but initially they are extremely comfortable. CU needs to concentrate on toasters. I haven't picked up an issue since the early 90's. Last thing I need is help picking out a blender. I don't understand why they find it necessary to report such subjective data anyway. How many dum-dums buy their vehicle based on another persons review anyway? If I'm clunking down the money, my butt is going to be out driving anything I'm interested in and I'll figure out if it's noisey, uncomfortable, or whatever on my own.
  • loncrayloncray Member Posts: 301
    I have to agree with the general consensus here - I'm 6'5" and my '03 Ram 2500 is incredibly comfortable, even on long trips. It's the first vehicle I've ever had that I didn't put the seat all the way back. People can actually sit behind me now!
    There is nothing that I have read here at this website that is as ridiculous and just plain bullcocky as CUs comment about "poor build quality."

I have looked at dozens of RAMs in the last year, talked to a dozen or more owners and some Dodge service people. There has been nothing but the strongest indication -- and praise -- that the new RAM is among the best assembled of any of the pick-up truck makes and models anywhere. In fact, separately two Dodge technicians told me that the assembly and component quality of all Dodge products have increased dramatically, so much so that they complained about not getting enough work and the corresponding decrease in compensation. The service manager at my dealership commented to me that in all his years in the business (12 with GM, 2 with Ford, 6 with Dodge), he has never seen a new product launch be as high a quality and as successful as the new RAM.

Dusty
    i read the '02 quad cab review that CR did awhile back...and i don't remember them dogging the ram for poor build quality. i do remember them commenting about ride quality...interior noise and fuel consumption. guess maybe i'll have to re-read to see if i missed something. the other vehicles they tested for that issue were the avalanche and supercrew...
  • goldberg245goldberg245 Member Posts: 3
    extang classic -ddg ram sb 9402 part# xc7570
    it has
    spring loaded tabs on one side of arms
    two level adjustments for snaps and two level adjustments for arms all corners of frame have that spring loaded bearing in the hole connections so it dissassembles in 2 secs.
    the adjustments are for winter (looser) and
    summer(tighter)it s an awsome unit and it was worth every penny.
    i got a deal on mine 300+ tax (canadian)
    my truck is a 2000 dodge ram 2500 slt lariat shortbox
    Suppport the Ram and take a minute to fill out their survey. Be sure to vote for the Volvo V70 in the luxury car under $40,000, the Isuzu Axiom in the mid-size SUV (if you haven't seen one, look at a picture and trust me it has lots of room and a luxurious interior you'll want to vote for it), and the Jeep Liberty for compact or small SUV. Thanks!
  • joeyv75joeyv75 Member Posts: 3
    I was just wondering if anybody knows how many "Off-Road" Ram's were made? If not, where to go to get that information. I've only seen a couple on the road in the area that I live in. Does Dodge plan on making a new "Off-Road" with the current Ram?
  • hersbirdhersbird Member Posts: 323
    Although I don't know about 2001 production the off road package has just returned on the 2003 1500 model. The wheels end up being the same 17" wheels that came on the 2001 version. A few folks have already taken delivery of the 2003 "off road" Rams and some even have the 5.7 Hemi.
  • bmaigebmaige Member Posts: 140
    I am looking at diesel trucks for use as a family vehicle and a farm vehicle. I've never owned a Dodge truck, but it seems in looking at them that the same terminology, Quad Cab, has been used for several years, although those prior to 2003 seem to have been an extended cab. Not a full "crew cab," as Ford calls theirs. I want the equivalent of Ford's crew cab--a four door that will seat five or six on long trips comfortably. I also want a truck that will tow heavy loads without a problem when I need to and get good fuel mileage. I have been looking at Ram 3500's with manual transmission, which I prefer for my use. And at the price of trucks today, which is more than I paid to build my first three bedroom, two bath brick home, I want one that will last without costing me a fortune to keep it going.

I have heard the Cummins diesel is a tremendous engine as far as reliability and longevity is concerned, but the only person I know who has used one a long time is a farmer who was lamenting that he lost a good truck at 231,000 miles when one of his men totalled it. Our local Dodge dealer said they have only seen a couple of failures and they were related to overheating from a freeze plug popping out of one and somehow someone lost the oil out of the other. I have also heard the high output version is a stronger engine for towing, but I am most concerned with longevity and durability. Anyone have any input about the Cummins engine in a pickup, good or bad, that I haven't heard?

What about the longevity and durability of the Dodge rear ends and manual transmissions with the diesel engine? I have heard of failures of automatics from all three brands tied to diesel engines.

I would appreciate any input anyone can give me concerning these questions.
    Since I've never owned one or really know much about them, I have little to offer you other than what I've heard or read about. There are others that are much more savy about diesels than I.

I have never heard of a differential failure on a diesel Dodge. I've heard and read about some automatic transmission problems with the Cummins. Most of those appear to be related to the shift solenoids and were not complete failures.

I've never heard anything but high praise about the Cummins engine. I work with a fellow that went from a GM to a Dodge, and he considers the Cummins a much better engine. My daughter rides horses and the stable purchased two Fords in 2002 to replace their old Dodge. I've heard the stable owner say that the Cummins is the better engine.

Now, that being said, I must tell you that I'm not sure why these people liked their Cummins engines better. I do know that the stable owner has has some problems with the Ford diesel, but I don't know what that is. My impression from the guy at work is that it's a performance issue.

There is one thing I've noticed about diesel owners in general. Some seem to think that because they've got a truck with a diesel that the towing capacity is that of a tractor-trailer and I believe some of their transmission problems were related to over zealous towing practices.

Good luck with your search.

Dusty
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    "I want the equivalent of Ford's crew cab--a four door that will seat five or six on long trips comfortably."

I think that pretty much rules out the Dodge for you. The Ford Crew Cab is pretty much in a class of its own. That's not to say that the Ford is a better vehicle than the Dodge, just that six adults in a Crew Cab will be far more comfortable on a long trip.
    Keep in mind that Dodge does not market the RAM Quad as a six passenger equivalent to the Ford SuperCrew. The RAM Quad is an extended cab truck with four conventional doors instead of the previous suicide-style doors. Dodge intentionally kept the "Quad" name for this reason.

I've driven both. The RAM Quad interior feels bigger, much more airy and the "extended" part of the cab is very large. The front passenger room is spacious. My kids loved the RAM rear seat over the Ford, mostly because the rear seat in the Ford is lower, the Dodge was higher. they liked the fact that they could see better.

Comparatively the Dodge rear seating is not quite as generous as the Ford. The Ford front/rear passenger space is more balanced. However, I'm not sure how comfortable a long ride would be for three adults in the rear of the SuperCrew, anyways. Two should ride fairly well, I'd think.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • ccikelccikel Member Posts: 2
    I was just on the dodge website and found out that you can now order a ram SLT with the Electric shift on the fly part time transfer case for an additional cost of $150.00. However the price of the 5-45RFE transmission went up from $995 to $1,170 with the hemi.
    ccikel,

yeah, it's unfortunate but the automakers are digging to find ways to pay for all those big incentives and no interest loans they've been writing up over the last year...
    I am in the same boat. I have owned one of the first Ford diesels in a van and it holed a piston at around 65,000 miles for what reason no one could tell me, which left a sour taste in my mouth for diesels--especially the Ford.

The economics of diesels is questionable with the higher cost. The fuel mileage is much better in most cases. For the additional price of the diesel engine, however, you could get a gas engine rebuilt twice, which means you could probably drive it 250,000 miles. The problem is, most of the gas engines don't have the towing capacity of the diesels, or the stronger transmissions to match.

As for the Ford diesel, I have had occasion to talk to two owners and had hearsay on a third in which the engines have lasted a long time and given no trouble. The lowest was 198,000 miles and it was traded in by an elderly couple for a newer Ford with the same diesel engine. They indicated they didn't have any problems with it but used it to tow a camper all over the country and got a new one for their own peace of mind. The second one was a four wheel drive that had 300,000 miles on it and it was still going strong, at the time being used to pull some large shrubs up by the roots at a church. The third was hearsay, related by a Ford salesman (often not the most reliable source of information on the brand they sell or the competition). The reason I tend to believe him, however, is that he works for a company that owns a Ford dealership in one town and a Dodge dealership in one 15 miles away so he could sell either. He told a story of a farmer that had a Ford in which the engine lasted so long he decided to keep it until it broke to see how long it would run. It was being used to pull a load of hay when the engine croaked at 600,000 miles.

I am surprised at the stables having a problem with the performance of the PS versus the Cummins, although I have just driven a Dodge on the street with no load. The regular PS is larger than the Cummins, and with the exception of the HO Cummins, I think it has more torque. I did notice Ford sells their diesel with a standard 3.74, or something like that, rear end, or an optional 4.10. Don't hold me to the actual figures and I think Dodge's is in the 4.xx range. I would think if there is a different rear end in the two they would appear to pull differently.

I haven't owned a newer Ford PS or a Cummins at all, but I am leaning to the Dodge unless the Quad Cab isn't large enough to carry five or six. I thought the 2003 Dodges had expanded their cab to include room for six, but I may be mistaken. I was disappointed when looking at used trucks, though, that I couldn't find a full "crew cab" version in one.
    I need to clarify what I wrote.

The stable (Fords) owner is not the one I think had an issue with performance. I'm pretty sure the stable owner's dissatisfaction has been with reliability/repair issues.

The person who I think had a performance issue was the fellow I work with. He had a GM diesel.

Regards,
    Dusty
    The Ram 3500 was redesigned this year. Now it has room for SIX passengers in the Quad Cab version. It really has almost as much room as the F150 crew cab and way more room than the F150 extended cab. From my experience with the truck it would easily fit six passengers comfortably since the head room is the best of any pickup, the seats are huge, and the leg room in front and back (even the front center) is generous.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    The room between the Ram Quad and F-250/350/450 crew-cabs is about 5" in leg room. Doesn't sound like much but that's about the difference between a Civic and a Town Car. I'm on the fence this time around as I like my Dodge/Cummins but could use all the room I can get. The Ford is a good set-up with more flexibility. I think both trucks are pretty equal on power, but the big advantage to the Dodge is the new cummins is not really all that new. It has some new features and big improvements, but overall it's based on the same 5.9L engine. The Ford 6.0L is all new. That's about my only concern.
    one of the things that has kept me from getting a quad cab is the back seat. when compared to my supercrew, the quad's back seat has less padding and little if any recline to the seatback. legroom is only a tad more in the supercrew. i for one would really like to see dodge add about 2-3 inches to the quad cab and make a real sized crew cab...
  • indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Does the Hemi require premium? BTW did everybody see the Magnum on C&D's cover with a supercharged Hemi under the hood sporting 430 hp and 480 ft/lbs? Hard to believe they wouldn't offer that in the truck line (if they actually build it).
    indy,

89 octane is recommended for the hemi in the ram. but 87 is acceptable, just won't get the advertised hp/torque with 87.

as for the magnum...that baby does look mighty mean! however, i don't think dodge has any plans to offer a "supercharged" hemi in any cars or trucks...
    In response to sebring95's question about the Cummins vs Power Stroke engines, the Ford engine is rated as a "light, heavy" duty diesel, while the Cummins is rated as "medium, heavy" duty. No question that the Power Stroke is a good engine, but the Cummins is a more heavy duty engine and has been significantly improved this year. A major improvement, in addition to more torque and horsepower, is the two stage injection system which dramatically reduces engine noise. According to the Turbo Diesel Register, fuel mileage has improved also.
    I thought I had read the '03 Dodges would be available in a five (with manual tranny) or six passenger configureation, but haven't found one to sit in.

I ran into a neighbor in the barbershop the other day who uses Dodges in his farming. There are several around us who do. I asked if he used diesels, and he said he had a diesel he loves for the farm, as well as a V-10. He said he was towing a load with the V-10 a day or so earlier and found it will get a load moving faster than the diesel will, which is good if you are merging onto an interstate or crossing an intersection but the diesel will definitely roll it, just takes longer to get it to highway speed.

I had heard the new Ford PS was going to have aluminum heads, which concerned me, but in their web site it indicates it has iron heads, which should be better. It is supposed to be smaller with more power and torque, though, which bothers me a bit, too, in a brand new engine.

GM's new Duramax does have aluminum heads from what I've seen. Did the performance problems you've heard of with the GM diesel come from that engine or their older ones?

I am surprised at the PS having repair/reliability problems. Even the older one I had, which wasn't called a Powerstroke, never gave me a moment of trouble until it holed that piston, and it still got me home. Do you recall the type problems he was having by any chance?
    The fellow from work who had the GM diesel is on special assignment for a month so I don't see him everyday.

I talked to the stable owner. Their Fords are a 2001 350 and a 2002 450. They have special fiberglass (I think) cargo bodies set up for towing horse trailers. I took mental note of the problems she rattled off, so bare with me.

She said that they have had automatic transmission problems with both. The older one needing a complete tear down and rebuild at about 17K. The other has had shifting problems, especially in cold weather and has not been properly resolved by the dealer.

One has had a problem off and on with low oil pressure. Oil pump and main bearings replaced. Also had a repeating coolant leak on one, radiator and "something else" was replaced. Both have suffered from rough idle and they don't believe they're getting the fuel mileage they think they should get (15-18 MPG).

One had an intermittent starting problem in the cold, traced to some kind of computer failure. One had a wiper motor fail. Both have had the heater cores leak into the cab and replaced. Twice on the older one. One had the emergency brake seize. One had a power window regulator fail.

Despite the above problems, what really seemed to light her fire was "constant problems with brakes." Premature rotor failure seems to be most of the problem here, as far as I can deduce. She said they've put big money in brake repairs. She also said, compared to her old Dodge (I think was a '93), the Fords are "sloppy handlers."

She didn't have a complaint about power, but she didn't seem to think that her two Fords were much more powerful than her older truck. I neglected to ask if the old Dodge was an automatic. Sorry.

That's all I can remember.

Hope this helps,
    Dusty
  • chevy4mechevy4me Member Posts: 203
    Any Idea on how many weeks from order tomdelivery now on a 1500 quad cab hemi SLT 2wd fairly loaded? And would ordering the side air bags slow the order? Thanx Todd
    I had heard all of the manufacturers were having troubles with the AT's hooked to a diesel, but didn't realize it was at mileage THAT low. That's why I am interested in a manual, plus I like the control they provide.

I'm looking at some Dodge 2500's and 3500's at present.
  • kaczor1kaczor1 Member Posts: 14
    I just got a 2003 SLT Quad Cab, unfortunately, it did not come with any body side mouldings. The way this truck sits so high up, it won't take long before someone puts a nice ding in the side with their doors. Does anyone have any idea where I can get body side mouldings for this truck? I am new to this board, and not quite sure where to look around for these things. It is white, so would either need black mouldings or white ones.
    Thanks!
    On the SLT you'd think they'd come with them, wouldn't you?

I just recently bought a Dodge Dakota off the lot and it did not have the mouldings, either. When making my deal I did get the dealer to agree to install the factory mouldings for me at dealer cost. This would've been handled through the parts department and installed later by the service department.

I don't remember what that price was, but I think it would've been in the $100 range. I later elected not to get them and instead took the bedliner at dealer cost.

Anyway, many if not most auto parts jobbers can get various styles for you. The national auto parts chain stores I think stock some, too. I believe I've even seen them in WalMart, etc.

Good luck with your new RAM. They are a very nice truck.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • sysadbsysadb Member Posts: 83
    Pardon me if this question has already been discussed here, but I just began considering one of these trucks a couple weeks ago.

I took a quad cab hemi out for a spin and discussed ordering a truck with the fleet manager afterwards. Surprisingly, he told me that the Infinity stereo upgrade that included the in-dash CD changer was not available - yet. But he said it would be avail. "later" in the year. Kinda odd since the option is listed here on Edmunds and elsewhere. Since we were discussing an order I didn't see any reason for him to make that up. Has anybody got this factory option on their truck?

Chevy4me: Order time was estimated at 6-8 weeks, with closer to 8. Don't know if there's a side-curtain delay since I didn't discuss that option.

DB
This discussion has been closed.