Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Owners: Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• jgarcia69jgarcia69 Member Posts: 1
    Greets everyone! Just thought I'd drop in and say HI and meet some fellow RSX lovers out there...

I own an '02 RSX Type S. Bought it in Aug of 01 just after I saw the first commercial, and now, am 4 months away owning it outright and seeing the title again after 5 years. Even after 5 years, of hard driving (raced it on the strip for 3 of those 5 years), it still has plenty of get up and go. VTEC is a beautiful thing!

I also wanted to share that this is the first car that I have ever been this close to owning. Usually by this time, I am bored with a car, and or it starts to have some major mechanical issues after the warrenty expires and I have to trade it in. So far, (knocking on wood) all is still smooth, even with 108K miles on the clock. An absolute testament to Honda Engineering.

See ya on the road!

-Juan
  • al58143al58143 Member Posts: 1
    Well this message is to the guy that said that tc's and rsx's aren't even in the same class that rsx's are so much higher bla bla bla..... ok buddy realize they maybe aren't in the same class but when u compare them like a normal person u can only compare the rsx to a turbo vw bettle the reason i say this is did u guys look at the rsx lately i mean come on it looks like someone cut out a foot or two from the middle of the car and then joined the left overs.... now the tsx is a nice car if ur going with the cheap acuras..... on performance u can only compare a basic rsx and a tc becuase thats the same class when u go to an rsx type s ur are spending a lot more money and if u spend that much money u might as well get a ncie looking car like a tc and add everything they have to it from toyota and then it comes out the same price and same performance level about...and if u guys are worried about buying the better gas because u would get the supercharger with the tc well guess what the rsx type-s is supposed to get that gas too its just some idiots don't even know that.... thats y you shouldn't buy used cars that are supposed to be run of better gas becuase half the idiots out there don't put it in.... over all the tc my was my choice because u get more for the money.... but to be honest i liked the clutch and shifter more in the rsx type-s but that doesn't really make enough difference for me to pay so much more money since the tc engine internals are made to support 300+ hp stock... This means that for that extra money u would spend on a rsx type s u get the 5000$ turbo for the tc and it puts u at about 246 hp at the wheels meaning u wouldn't even waste ur time racing any rsx
  • dunadandunadan Member Posts: 1
    I started shopping for a base RSX because I like the looks and the handling. Now that it's being discontinued though, I am thinking that by next year it's going to be a dated car even thought it's brand new.

Civic coupe doesnt have enough head room for me, so SI is out. ANyway, the civic is too common.

I'm now considering the tC because it's not a civic. The test drive was fine, but I like the cloth seats in the RSX more. I'm confused a bit. So maybe I should listen to my wallet, which says go with the TC.

:confuse:
  • piper04piper04 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

Just introducing myself. 2004 RSX (base) owner. My first car, I absolutely love it. Just under 20,000 miles (recreational car). :)

So sad, someone hit me and ran a couple of weeks ago, just a few scratches to the rear bumper, no dents. Getting her fixed!
  • juicymoosejuicymoose Member Posts: 22
    I recently bought a 2006 RSX base model. Magnesium metallic; 5sp man.; leather (smells sooo good). I didn't get any options from the dealer for monetary reasons. I had the windows tinted 35% (WA state legal) and a DEH-P880PRS Pioneer head unit installed w/ CB100II IPOD adapter too. I am deeply in debt but it is all worth it. I love my car and it is sooo comfortable and I get looks every now and then. Of course I live in a dinky town in the boonies. I also put a car bra on it which looks real slick (I think). Anyway, just thought I'd share. Later.
  • henryhhhhenryhhh Member Posts: 1
    Dude, I went to www.InsuranceByState.org and saved a ton! They aggregated the top carriers in one easy to find place. Just enter your zipcode and your off.

www.InsuranceByState.org <<<< Enter Your Zip Code **RIGHT NOW**!

Some of these other website quoted me at $260 a month with is way too much. But I saved SO MUCH when I went to InsurnaceBYState.org . It's fast and easy.

I Checked all the carriers and the first one was the cheapest for me. I hope you all have the same luck!

Visit The InsuranceByState.org RIGHT NOW!
  • rsxrrsxr Member Posts: 7
    I bought a 2002 RSX with 20,000 miles on it...loved it to death...

a month later I was in a minor accident.

:mad: I brought it to Santa Monica Acura where 2 of the shop guys told me that there was frame damage for sure.

6 months later...multiple visits to both Santa Monica Acura and Brown Bros. I got my car back. Oh yeah, and the frame they were scaring me about? Finally they said "there is no frame".

I got the biggest run around of my life (even more than Aamco a year ago - pico blvd santa monica, ca)

Is there a remedy for people who are "promised" their car within the month and don't get it back for over 6 months?

I'm enraged at Santa Monica Acura and expect to come to a reasonable conclusion to this.

ANYONE who's experienced this or knows of legal remedy for this type of horrible service please email me.

Best,
    David

Ronarana@gmail.com

• ezpilzeezpilze Member Posts: 29
    this is to al58143 who claims $5000 could get u a turbo kit and then burn the rsx. how about considering the fact that the tC would only be good on the straights. the type-S was designed for turns, and even with an additional $4000 after buying the turbo, the type-S will still out manuever a tC, and for that $4000 i think an added turbo charger for the type-S would more than even the odds. try considering multiple aspects other than straights, bc nebody can gun it on a straight.

In the looks dept, i think the tC is butt ugly, so it really is a matter of preference. the steering wheel in the rsx is stiffer than the tC's for a reason, as for the clutch, the rsx was much more silky smooth, so again, personal preference.

for the base rsx and tC, i'd have to go with the rsx. its actually a really close comparo, bc the tC does have a great price, and is silent, REALLY silent, however, i like the rsx's smooth delivery of power over the tC's torque, again self preference. u get more with the tC, but i honestly feel that the rsx is more refined.

i drove both before. the tC has good torque, but only up till 3000 rpm, then is struggles to the next gear, whereas the rsx feels more like a civic, except the power never drops. but on the turns, the tC feels heavy despite its light weight steering wheel, the rsx handled those areas quite a bit better. lets face it, with 160hp ur not going to be smokin ur avg v6 camry's/accords on the straight, so the only option left is in the corners. that is where u will realize that the tC really wasnt meant to a be thorough bred race car despite being 5 grand cheaper than the type-s. i think the rsx is more for a mature audience who want the acura name, where as the tC is more for a younger bunch looking for laughs. c'mon lets face it, it looks weird when old ppl drive the tC, but not so much in the rsx(again self preference).
  • juridiljuridil Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find a bra for a 2006 RSX? Please give brand, order info and price. Thanks
  • pd83pd83 Member Posts: 8
    hey..im gonna be buying a new car soon. I am looking at the 08 tC and the 07 Accord coupe EX(the 08 accord coupe is outta my price range) which car do u think is better? both have around the same hp (166 vs 161). the accord is a lil bigger. the tC does come with more features. what would u choose? ne advice/insight would be great. thanks!
  • aspen9120aspen9120 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I'm hoping I can get some help. I have an "02 RSX base model that I bought used a few summers ago. I like the car except for the noise level - it rattles. I like quiet and put DynaMat throughout, but that made the rattles seem louder!
    When the weather is cold, say below 40 degrees, the dashboard makes horrible noises when I go over bumps. Doesn't happen when the weather's warm or the dashboard has been in the sun all day. The first winter I had it I stuffed some plastic tubing between the dash and the windshield and that helped for a while. It doesn't help any more even with new tubing.

Can anyone help? This sounds like a really expensive thing to have a mechanic work on, lots of trial and error.

Thanks!
  • sexilexi02sexilexi02 Member Posts: 1
    You need to realize though that the Acura RSX is a luxury brand, whereas the Scion is a youth entry level brand. That is where most of the price difference comes in, also the acura is available with leather and bose sound, luxury items. So really you get what you pay for in both of the cars. Just my .02
  • akl88akl88 Member Posts: 26
  • williamkenwilliamken Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2001 acura rsx type, i was wondering if i could remove the front lip and change it. is the bumper connected to the lip? thanks in advance.
  • mik004mik004 Member Posts: 2
    Go to clubrsx.com ther you can find all your answers.
  • vibsrvibsr Member Posts: 47
    I have a 2004 RSX that does the same thing. I had it checked while under warranty (years ago), but the dealership couldn't solve the problem. The rattling is coming from the defroster ducts below the windshield. I guess the plastic at the duct connection is sensitive to cold temperatures to the point of slightly contracting during the cold and expanding at the presence of heat. Things are rather quiet now due to the warm temperatures, but during the winter (rattle season) I can stop the rattling by directing heated air through the defroster ducts. :shades:
This discussion has been closed.