Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

carbon fibre parts

ashyashy Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Toyota
does anyone know where i can get carbon fibre doors for my celica as the rest of my car is carbon fibre

Comments

• ashyashy Member Posts: 9
    does any one know where i can get carbon fibre doors for my celica? if yes please post it on the screen :confuse: :sick:
    :):(:D :mad: :cry:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You could try something radical like this:

Vertical Doors

MrShiftright
    Co-Host
  • jboomjboom Member Posts: 5
    sdasf- he asked for CARBONFIBER DOORS, not lambo doors.

My advice is, if the rest of the car is 100% carbon fiber (minus the doors) then lay the carbon fiber yourself. I know it seems wierd, but i havent seen a full carbon fiber body for a celi ever. So you must know someone.
    i got the carbon fiber from different plces, but nobody does carbonfiber doors everything is cabon fiber :custom speaker enclosures, dash kits, consoles inside door panels, body kits just the doors are stock and i plan to get lambo doors after i get carbonfiber doors.
  • flywheelsflywheels Member Posts: 3
    Just out of curiosity, do carbon fiber hoods, trim, etc, improve the proformance of the car(accelaration, decelaration, handling, speed, etc)? Even thought i'm not quite sure the exact cost of carbon fiber parts, would buying them be worth the money?
    The Toyota Prius is one of the best selling hybrids today. I know that Toyota has also made some hybrids in the past. Honda has also made a few hybrids, and Ford even made a hybrid SUV, but does anyone know if any other companies are planing to make hybrids? I would also take any information on any existing hybrids that I might not be aware of. :)
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check out the discussions in the Hybrid Vehicles board.

Steve, Host
  • maronabarmaronabar Member Posts: 2
    have u tryed seibon, i know they make doors but i dont know if they do for the celica or not.
    (As a heads up, i will be talking and asking about general technical stuff, not "carbon fibre", as the discussion title says) I know that there are two different types of brakes: disc and drum. I usually see disc brakes on all four wheels of a car, however, i have seen that some cars that have disc brakes on the front wheels and drum brakes on the rear wheels. What is the reason(s) for this type of configuration?
  • benztunerbenztuner Member Posts: 76
    Mercedes Benz is planning on debuting a Bluetec, which is Mercedes' new cleaner diesel engine, Hybrid. The word is that Mercedes-Benz already has the engineering work done but is waiting to debut the car until 2008 or 2009. BMW already has a Hydrogen powered 7 Series but is waiting on the world to catch up with it. You probably noticed but there arent many Hydrogen stations around.
    The drum brakes are usually on cheaper cars. I am not exactly sure why they do this, but if I had to guess it would be a cost issue. Most of these cars are usually front wheel drive and the cars are usually not very powerful. Cars main brake system are the front which is why they have the disc's on the front and because the rear brakes are not as "important" and arent used as much the manufacturer uses cheaper drum brakes on the back to save money. The cars arent very fast and because there isnt much power the cars dont need disc brakes on the rear. So they use drums on the back because they dont need much stopping power on the back and they need a cheaper braking source than discs so naturally they go with drums. Thats my take on the whole thing. I could be wrong though. Joshua.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Follow the money. ;)

Brakes: Drum vs. Disc

I'm not sure that the stopping power initially is less, but the brake fade issue is real.
    I am looking for Vorstiner carbon fibre parts. Vorstiner is high end carbon fibre for luxury cars and I want to be able to find and buy it for my customers. I havent been able to find anyone who offers it besides websites and I dont want to buy from websites. Does anyone out there know where I can find it? I appreciate it. Joshua.
This discussion has been closed.