Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1192021222325»

Comments

• mvtsvkmvtsvk Member Posts: 1
    I am finding hard to get a Mazda5 Sports Automatic in the vicinity of 17k before taxes. The CA T&L is approx. 10%. I see before tax quotes at / around 18k but not below. If any one got around 17k - 17.5k please post. Thank you.
  • balor123balor123 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    White Mazda5 Grand Touring for $25450 out the door in Texas. Price of unit was $23700 and rest was fees that seemed to be the same with other dealerships in the area and taxes. Options included in prices: cargo cover, rear bumper guard, homelink mirror, all weather mats, window tint, and delivery to another city. TrueCar price was just over $24k without the last two options. Costco price was $23k excluding options if I remember correctly.
  • exit123exit123 Member Posts: 136
    $20995 + TTL
    0% for 36 mo.
    Texas
  • trunner2trunner2 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased the base model with automatic transmission in Massachusetts.

Base price: 18,505
    Mass. sales tax: 1,156
    "Documentation fee" + registration + title + inspection sticker: 520

Total out the door price: 20,181

All other dealers were quoting at least the TrueCar/Zag price, $700 above this base price.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Seems like a good deal to me. I have been quoted just under $19K here though hoping to go a bit lower. I assume that included no added options....

Enjoy the ride!
  • trunner2trunner2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! It's the base sport AT model, but the sticker did indicate three "options": wheel lock, cargo net, rear bumper guard. The total MSRP for these options was $165.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    edited September 2012
    Excellent....far better than I can get here in Texas. I would def want the bumper guard.

Whereabouts in MA? Used to live out by Leominster off Rt 2.....
  • duplexdianneduplexdianne Member Posts: 20
    Which dealership did you score this deal at? We are considering another vehicle (in addition to our 2012 Odyssey)--our other current car, a Mini Cooper, will just not cut it with 3 kiddos. And don't want another mini-van! Also considering small-to-mid-size crossovers, but Mazda5 is intriguing--but must say, if the Ford Grand C-max came to the U.S. it would probably win us over!
  • davichodavicho Member Posts: 190
    1. Ford Grand C-Max is not coming to the U.S
    2. The Mazda5 is considered a mini-van
  • knutellaknutella Member Posts: 1
    I paid $20600+$399 doc fee+taxes for the 2012 Sport at Courtesy Mazda in Henderson (las vegas area). I did get 60 month 0% financing incentive (good til 10/31/12) in lieu of the factory to dealer dealer $1500 incentive so a cash buyer or someone with their own financing should take that amount off the price.

Only option on car was bumper guard ($50 invoice cost).

Got same quote at the only other dealer in town.
  • benfbenf Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    I just purchased a new Liquid Silver Auto Sport for $17,400 from a dealer in Rochester MN. It stickered at $21,420, so it was a $4020 discount from sticker. It was advertised on their website at that price, so there was no need to dicker. They had several more at $18,300 (which I thought was a pretty good deal in itself), but this was apparently a loss leader at $17,400.

That was a cash price. It is my understanding that taking the 0% 60-month financing would have been in lieu of a rebate (presumably $1500 to the dealer).

All that was added was a $75 doc fee (capped in MN), tax, title and license, which all go to the government.
  • blc6blc6 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a 2012 Mazda5 GT, and I'm using Trucar as the comparison price. It looks like I can get around $22k here in the Pac NW, but I know that there's a factory to dealer incentive of $1k going on right now in addition to the $500 customer rebate offered by Mazda. Am I crazy to think I should be doing better? (The $22k is after the $1,500 "rebates".)

OTOH, inventory seems low...

Brian
  • meche31meche31 Member Posts: 3
    That is essentially invoice - $1500, which seems like a decent deal. A local dealer to me is willing to do $20,380 + $599 dealer fee on a 2012 GT. Heading down Friday to see if I can get one.
  • brettjbbrettjb Member Posts: 1
    Meche31-
    Did you end up getting invoice -$1,500.
    I am looking to get a Mazda5 today or tomorrow, and I see the $500 incentive but I don't see $1000, at least on cars dot com. Perhaps it expired over the past week.

I am looking to get a Grand Touring in Chicago.
  • blc6blc6 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, that's about what I ended up getting, too, but I had to go as far as SF to get it. PacNW came down to $21.5, but no lower.
  • pembriarpembriar Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    First offer (no negotiating) received for a 2012 GT (no options) in Texas was $21.9 for a 2012 Grand Touring, w/ invoice at $23.5 . Not bad at $1600 below invoice, but maybe not stellar considering we're at the end of the year and these dealerships gotta make space for all the 2013s that are coming in.

There does seem to be considerable interest from the dealers to clear these 2012s off their lots right now, and the Mazda incentives -- $1000 mfg-dealer + $500 customer rebate + current 0% financing for 60 months (w/ $500 ?) -- are helping that effort.

Dunno if I should bite; the car's practical and fun to drive, but the cheap hard-plastics interior and crazy grin is still holding me back...
  • gatorstewgatorstew Member Posts: 10
    I saw that about the $1000 mfg-dealer + $500 customer rebate + current 0% financing for 60 months (w/ $500 ?) going on right now. Wondering how good the bottom line price can get considering those deals? Still possibly around $1500-2000 below invoice on a GT?
  • vegasvikingvegasviking Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Good Morning Everyone!

First-time poster here. Yesterday I was offered a 2012 Touring with the Moonroof and Audio Package for $20,800. I'm sure that's in addition to dealer fees.

Is it a good deal? Something tells me I can go lower.
  • sliochslioch Member Posts: 1
    We've decided it's a good time to kick our 10 year old Toyota Sienna out to pasture (and get something smaller with better gas mileage).

It seems that prices are low while dealers are clearing out their 2012 and from what I hear there isn't much difference with the 2013 model.

A dealer here is offering a 2012 GT for $20,995 plus tax/license (bay area), and I have another one that says they will drop that $350 (to $20,645).

Is this the best time to take advantage of a deal like this? We could wait.

Thanks all!
  • gbr049gbr049 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 Sport auto from dealership in Santa Clarita, CA for $1500 under invoice with the 0% 60 month Mazda financing.

Seemed like a pretty decent deal.
  • pembriarpembriar Member Posts: 4
    The $500 rebate for loyal Mazda customers no longer applies for the months of December 2012 and January 2013. So that's off the table. That said, it does seem that dealers (at least here in Austin) are trying to get rid of these. And yeah, 2013 models are only slightly changed from 2012. Just know that you're buying a car (2012) that's already one year old.
  • bwfoster78bwfoster78 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $22,388 at Tustin Mazda. Took 1.94% financing in lieu of manufacturer special rate as it slightly lowered my overall price paid.

If interested in the full story:

http://brianwfoster.com/2013/02/11/buying-a-2013-mazda5-grand-touring-minivan-wi- th-price-paid/

Hope that helps someone!

Thanks.

Brian
  • cruzingcruzing Member Posts: 1
    Paid 20288 +TTL with a dealer accessory (cargo cover) thrown in. SF Bay area. There was a $300 auto show rebate in effect at the time. I started with Internet quote and a couple phone calls before visiting 2 dealers (walked out of both without purchase).
  • aaba78aaba78 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    is this a good price could there be a catch? or are these just not selling? what do you guys think..am i missing something?

http://griecomazdadelray.reachlocal.net/new/Mazda/2012-Mazda-Mazda5-Delray-Beach- - -a0855b500a0d064900a47962095d0ca6.htm
  • carthellcarthell Member Posts: 130
    If my credit reports weren't locked now, the car is still in stock, and the discount is real (I'd ask a million questions about it), I'd be on the next Florida flight to pick that puppy up!

The one thing that keeps me from considering a new GT is price. A touring is just on the edge of affordability for me, depending on the numbers the dealer is willing to sell it for.
  • mark_phillipsmark_phillips Member Posts: 1
    In reply to the Grieco link up above.... There are indeed several catches and I wouldn't give the dealership my money, even though after the catches the price is reasonable.

The advertised price requires a $500 incentive discount for military, a $500 mazda owner loyalty discount. So add $1000 if those don't apply. They also add a $200 "Etch" charge for having the VIN etched on the windows for security. Oh, and the dealer fee is $799. So, add $2000 for most people. They do have a $500 coupon when you visit their site. So, only add $1500 to the advertised price.

That means $21354 for a 2012 GT. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are other catches upon "checking out". But personally, I won't support a business like that.

-Mark
  • kodokodo Member Posts: 2
    Paid $25090 for a Mazda 5 2013 GT .Indy.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    was that before ttl? what as msrp?
  • kodokodo Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    No,It included everything (Out of the door)
    Price : 22400 + 785 dest + Taxes + documentation fees

I tried haggling quite a bit but the dealer would not budge.
    All in all, I think I am OK with this deal.

The Car erm..sorry Minivan is definitely worth it.
    Its a Diamond in the rough!
  • dukefirstdukefirst Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 Touring with the audio pkg but NO moonroof for $19499. Doc fee was $299. TTL comes after that. No loyalty cash available on the 5. He did throw in the all weather mats for me. Planning on buying the soft cargo liner and the bumper guard. Could have had the moonroof for similar $ but wanted the white and at this point there's very few 2012s left. We did not want the leather of the GT either. This was out at Sentry in Shrewsbury, MA. Anyone still looking for a 2012 GT there's a dealer in Salem, MA with a few on the lot. Sentry has one touring left in red with the moonroof. Still some good deals out there!
    For the 2013 models, Mazda appears to be offering 0% APR + $1000. I stumbled across the offer this past Friday, and Mazda appears to be offering it on a weekly basis. The offer (in Maryland) started on 6/25, and was renewed on 7/2 with an expiration date of 7/8.

Car makers usually offer special deals for a longer period of time with screamer-type ads from either the national or local marketing groups about it. It was so understated, even Edmunds hasn't picked up on it yet.

I would be out there, but I'm not quite ready to purchase yet.
  • nomadman1nomadman1 Member Posts: 2
    We bought our 2012 GT from Greico mazda in April. The dealership is 200 miles away so we tried to nail them down to the exact price we would have to pay before making the trip. Several people at the dealership, including the internet mgr assured us the price was real. We get there and pick out the 2012 we wanted and sit down to do the paperwork. NOW the prices come out about the discounts for military, student, etc at $500 each, or $1500 more than quoted by phone. We were really mad and ready to walk. They gave us a $500 break on the $1500 but that was it. The $19111 price was the starting point, but I was pleased that it included a few dealer options not mentioned in the internet write up. We got Sirius radio, nitrogen tire fill, mud flaps and full carpeting all not mentioned in options included in the GT. All in all I'm happy with the deal, but not happy with the way this dealership does business. They said when Mazda contacts us about the whole experience, be kind as they get their sales bonuses based on our report. Well, guess what? We were never contacted by Mazda. I guess they never turned our sale in, being afraid we would not be kind to the dealer. I now have 6500 miles and am getting a little over 26mpg with mostly town driving. I'm pretty happy with that. The car is very quiet and smooth to drive. Great turning radius, comfortable and versatile as it is peppy. I'm easy on the throttle and braking tho, for good mileage.
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2013
    auto for $19k plus ttl in Austin, TX. Si or no?
    I hope the quote doesn't include the rebates being offered on the vehicle. Do you have the details of the vehicle you're getting, and how much is being charged?
  • bonnieloverbonnielover Member Posts: 2
    I am not defending Greico, but do have three things to say...
    Basically, the footprint on all the ads say price displayed reflects all incentives. There's a learning curve we all gotta go thru each time we sit down to buy a car, even if we did it before; we forget.
    Secondly, a good dealer will give you a price in writing before you come in if you have identified the vehicle you want (i.e., based on a specific vehicle -- get the vin number).
    Third, Florida, Virginia and some other states have obnoxious "dealer fees" - $499 in VA, $599 and up in Florida. In Maryland, there is a $200 "processing fee." Most of the time, they don't tell you what the fee is until you have negotiated the price of the car! Florida law says it is legal and has to be charged if the advertise it and it is uniform for all buyers, so the dealer says "its the law blah blah blah" But you can negotiate a good portion of it out of the car.
    So there are many circumstances where it would be cheaper to buy a car in Maryland and pay $600 to ship to Florida!
    I'm trying to decide between a Mazda5, Fiat 500L and 2014 Kia Soul. Love all three - I want to keep a road bike in the back full time.