Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

coilover kits

jrole22jrole22 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have been looking around a lil bit for a coilover kit for my corolla and i have been told that they are very hard to install and cost a good bit of money. Is there anyone who has had them installed and know any details about the installation? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Might be helpful to post the year of your car.
  • Options
    jrole22jrole22 Member Posts: 2
    its a 2001 CE model
  • Options
    944boy944boy Member Posts: 14
    coilovers for a Rolla ? any good speed shop online should have them? Summit or Jegs I know that TRD has them for a pretty penny...even look on ebay...heres the catch if your are worried about the cost just get a set of lowering spring instead coilovers were designed for adjustablity for track to track conditions along with street to rally builds if cost is the object your probably not going to track it ...just get a plain lowering spring...the ride will be better also
    944boy
  • Options
    extremeavalonextremeavalon Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know of any coilovers that would fit an 06 avalon being that they dont make any for em yet. I got a set of 22 inch wheels and theyre touching the strut plate in the back. The front fit perfect!
  • Options
    m3pkrobertm3pkrobert Member Posts: 1
    i installed coilovers to my honda accord 95 and im having some problems cause the car is too jumpy i wana know if somebody can give me a advise to fix or make my car not too jumpy thank you
  • Options
    nautical1nautical1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to install coilovers for a 2001 Toyota Corolla?
  • Options
    imagine2imagine2 Member Posts: 7
    My parents have just purchased a used 2001 Corolla S for my son who recently began driving. He is interested in having a rear spoiler added to the car. I have been online and have found a site called spoiler-depot that sells prepainted (you give them the color code) spoilers for $200 (incl. S + H). I called our local Toyota dealer who wanted $450 for the part and installation. I asked how much it would be to just put the spoiler on if I bought it online and he said it would be $180 to do so. My question is has anyone had a spoiler put on after purchase? And if so would it be better to have everything done by the dealer or does it matter? I would be saving about $70 if I bought it online. My parents are worried it may cause the trunk to leak, or not look right. I would love to hear any advice any of you have. Thanks!
  • Options
    t24t24 Member Posts: 1
    the kit is going on a 2003 hyundia tiburon i am having trouble figuring out how the threaded sleeve goes on the factory strut and where the o rings go
This discussion has been closed.