Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Looking at 2007 S60 2.5T w/premium package. Any idea of fair price? Know that there is $$ still out there and was told by a dealership today that Volvo may have additional monies for October. I am assuming that and cash rebates should come off the invoice price? Any help is appreciated.
  • I have an offer for a new 2007 S60 2.5T w/metallic paint and premium for 28K w/o tax title and fees. The dealership has quite a few 2.0T's on the lot. Do I have room to deal? They also have some loaners that are due out of rotation very soon. They said that they do not have any idea of price. Will the $4500 rebate be applicable for the loaner? What about a deduction for mileage? It will have approximately 4-5000 miles on the loaner. The salesman said that the loaner would be considered a new car, even tho it was never titled. He suggested that I wait and see what kind of pricing I could get vs. the new car. Any thoughts?
  • Before I buy a new 2007 S60 2.5T, the dealer mentioned that they have a few cars coming out of the loaner pool. They will have approx 6000 miles on them. The dealer does not know what they will sell for (they still have a month in the pool), but did say that they would be eligible for the $4500 cash rebate. What other kind of discount can I expect? I am trying to weigh whether I want to buy a new car or a loaner. Is waiting for the loaner a good deal? Any help is appreciated.
  • Possible Remorse. Please console or congratulate. Looking for help.

Newly Minted Deal:
    2800 Cash
    S60 2008 2.5Turbo AWD
    Blue (the light blue); Tan Interior
    Premium Package
    Lease 400 per month
    Buy out 17550 after 36 month Lease

We looked, drove and priced pre-owned S60s, both 04 (23K miles for 23K) and an 05 and decided that the deal listed above was the best value. The dealer said we could only choose between the light blue (tan interior) or the maple (black interior). We chose the light blue (tan interior with grey and brown trim). I think it is a standard type of color and trim not sure.

We signed this evening (Saturday night). My question is, "Did we secure a fair if not a better than fair deal?" My only concern after the fact is whether or not we could have leased a dark blue with black interior for same lease price (from another dealership).

Thoughts?
  • kgukgu Posts: 4
    Who knows why the price of S60 Premium Package drops from $2995 (2007) to only $995 (2008). All features are almost the same? :confuse:
  • Does anyone know what kind of price to expect for a 2007 S60 2.5T that has been a loaner for 6000 miles? I know that the $4500 rebate will still be available (dealer said so). I know that they will take additional $$ off because of the mileage. The salesman said that it would be alot cheaper for me to buy a loaner vs a new 2007. Input, please!
  • micrormicror Posts: 1
    Same question. I asked the price of 2008 model and it is much higher than 2007. The dealer suggested the loaner cars but the price not good.
  • What kind of price did you get for the loaner and what packages were on the car. I don't know what price for a loaner would be good.
  • I just purchased a 2006 s60 2.5T FWD, with 18,000 miles on it. It has leather seats (tan), power seats driver and passenger, heated seats both driver and passenger, headlight washers, rain sensor wipers, red walnut trim, 8 speakers (with rear shelf loud speakers). I paid $22,000 for it.
  • Just got back from Pat Patterson Volvo in Memphis. They had over a dozen 2007 S60s still on the lot. Bought my new 2.5T with climate, convenience, premium, etc. packages for $27,249 plus tax and license, so $29K all together. MSRP was $37K and the invoice (with the x-plan price on it, so I have no reason to think it was bogus) was $34K. I was thrilled with the deal, and the service.
  • Did you ever get a response on this question? I'm in a similar situation and wnated to see if you got any advice and what you ended up doing about purchasing the 2007 S60.
  • Never got a response. As a matter of fact, took the dealer that I was trying to get prices from 3 days before they returned my call! Guess that they really didn't want the business. They called as I was sitting in another dealership getting a great deal!
  • Too bad, at least you got a good deal though. Care to share the details about your deal. I actually started looking at a 2008 S40, but then read some pretty bad reviews on it. Oh well
  • There are still S60 2007s (not demos) in my area. Edmund's TMV for the basic S60 is $25,757. How much should I expect to pay for an extended warranty? Also I know there is a $4500. cash back to dealer ending on Jan. 8. Do you think there will be more incentives after Jan. 8, or will this one be extended? Any advice appreciated.
  • What is the better deal

2007 S60 Loaner (2.5T FWD with Climate and Premium) with 7000 miles for $25,795 plus TTL

-or-

Brand new 2008 S60 (2.5T FWD with Climate and Premium) for $28,995 plus $99 fee plus TTL

Any thoughts/help/ideas/pearls of wisdom?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,048
    $3300 spread.. hmmmmm

That makes it pretty even... If anything would tip me one way or the other, it would be the full 4-year warranty on the new one.. I would guess that the warranty clock has already started on the demo..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• yup, tough spread. I think if either of them would move their nubmer a bit, then it would make it an easy choice. I'm also struggling with the warranty issue. I will most likely put about 22k miles on in per year.

Do you think I have more negotiating room with the 2007 loaner or the 2008 new? Have you seen better prices/deals than this?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,048
    Well.. if you drive that much, then it isn't the time, it's the mileage... And, the mileage on the demo will only put you out of warranty about 4 months sooner...

Assuming you are keeping the car for 3-4 years, the higher mileage will keep the re-sale price difference to a minimum..

Given all that, I'd have to go with the demo..

I don't follow the Volvos enough to tell you if those are good quotes.. I'm only looking in relative terms to each other.. As a general rule, demos usually aren't that great of a deal... and, they are harder to peg, because knowing what sort of incentives, dealer allowances, etc., on a demo are harder to find out about..

But, the delta between the two looks better than on most demo/new car comparisons that I've seen... On any new car deal, you'll eventually get to a number that no dealer will go below... On a demo, you may run into a deal where they want to get rid of it, and may be willing to take a loser deal on it.. Of course, you'll have to figure that out during negotiations..

Does Volvo have a CPO program? If so, that could be a negotiating point on the demo.. A nice extended warranty from Volvo would push me over the top.. Especially with your mileage needs, that would come in handy..

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• hmbchmbc Posts: 3
    Hi there. Just checking to make sure that I got a good price- I feel good about it but wondering what others think.
    2006 s60r
    15k miles
    18 inch chrome volvo wheels
    bluetooth
    navi
    ipod connector
    heated seats

I paid 29,000- it was a one owner car that was a lease.

thanks
  • I ended up buying the 2007 S60 FWD with the Premium and Climate packages. It had 6k miles on it and I paid $25,795. It sounds like you got a good deal.
  • hmbchmbc Posts: 3
    Thanks- It was lower than the blue book value- so I thought I did well. I only was able to talk them donw $500. I guess it does not help that there were 2 other people that wanted the car as well. They say the R line is hard to get.
  • I am in the market for a new car. VW Passat turbo 6A and Volvo S40/S60 are on the list.

I also think about the 2007 S60 with 6000-10000 mile loan car at dealership. How much is a fair of good price to buy one? They are asking 28000. But given the depreciation amount on true cost sheet from edmunds it should be lower than 26000. Also the 2007 does not have those $4000 off from new 2008 models. I haven't discussed more with the dealer yet but I am thinking choosing one of those or even another brand. Of course a particular car and how the deal is are the bases make decision.
  • I paid $25,795 for my 2007 loaner with 6k miles on it. They said that it was already priced at rock bottom and they couldn't go any lower. I thought it was a good price so I bought it. MSPR was approx $35.5k
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    greatcars - Where do you live? Are you looking for the S60 AWD?
  • In Florida. It's FWD, not AWD.
  • I agree with you and no need to talk for another $500 up or down. 6k miles sounds very good and I had thought it can't be more than $26000. That's not including tax, right? It also depends on the options. The ones they listed are FWD and probably are loaded with most options except the navigation system which I think is not worth buying. Usually you drive at local and don't need that. If you go to a strange place a $200 GPS will do all the work, why pay $2000?
  • kwarnoldkwarnold Posts: 41
    Hi everyone, My lease on my current car is up next month and I am looking for a nice "sporty" sedan to replace it. I had read on here that there were some BIG deals being made on S60's. Is that still the case?

I will almost undoubtedly lease again. 15K miles per year, 3-4 years (max). There were some early comments about discounts on Volvo leases of $5,000 to 7,000 if I remember correctly. (Should have re-read the posts before posting this one!)

My local dealer has a car that I have not seen yet, but their web site shows an MSRP of $27,200 so I am assuming it is optioned close to what I am looking for.

Can anyone share with me what I might expect the capitalized cost of the car to be on a lease? (Hope I said that correctly - basically "what SHOULD a car like this approximately cost?")

I want something below $400 per month and I am willing to put up a couple of dollars (not much, since it is a lease) in order to make things work.

Any insights on what I can expect or should target are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks, Keith
  • I just purchased a 2005 S60 2.5T AWD with sport package - $20,050 + tax & tags. 19k original miles - it was a returned lease. Both key fobs plus valet key.

opinions please :)
  • colotjcolotj Posts: 18
    Fair deal. Both you and the seller recieved a fair deal.
  • 2008 new S60 FWD 2.5T with premium package (leather seat, moon roof), 26K + TTL

Thanks