Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• mgoosemgoose Member Posts: 11
    Try Advantage Nissan in Bremerton, Will seel new Nissans $500 under invoice minus applicable rebates.
  • glenski01glenski01 Member Posts: 44
    Whats the best price on Offroad you have seen? Unit I want depending on options is MSRP $29620-30400 depending on if side airbags and a few other things. Must have the Fosgate stereo option for me, be black with bluecharcoal interior. There are a couple around metro Denver currently, if I accept another interior there are a few more.

Been offered invoice minus the current $1000 rebate. Have seen posted $500 under invoice minus the rebate. What do you think or know?

What is best metro or farther dealer to purchase from? so far I really like the professionalism and low pressure at Empire Nissan in Lakewood best. Have purchased from them before. They do not have the vehicle I want though. Does it cost a dealer to trade units? they say no, I thought they lost some incentive or something, I know on American cars they lose holdbacks if they trade.

Thanks, appreciate it. :)
  • bcolombcolom Member Posts: 2
    have been looking for several months and have used this formum a lot so i figured i'd contribute.

just picked up a 2006 S (last '06 on the lot) 4x4 with auto trans for $21,888 after the $1,000 rebate

regards
  • bcolombcolom Member Posts: 2
    have been looking for several months and have used this formum a lot so i figured i'd contribute.

just picked up a 2006 S (last '06 on the lot) 4x4 with auto trans for $21,888 after the $1,000 rebate
    I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area

regards
  • mln2963mln2963 Member Posts: 4
    My local dealer has quite a few 06s on the lot. The MSRP on the Xterra S 2WD I'm looking at is $25,200. What would be a good offer? Thanks.
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    Invoice minus cash back incentive minus $500 For 06.
  • hawi7hawi7 Member Posts: 12
    For an '06, you can probably get that...but the '07 s do not come in 4X2 so the MSRP is like 29k.
  • bartenderfloydbartenderfloyd Member Posts: 8
    I bought from Route 22 Nissan in Hillside, NJ. Black Xterra S 4WD 5A with 6 options: Tow Package, Utility PKG, Micro Cabin Filter, Floor Mats, Cargo Cover, and Dimming Rear View Mirror. Almost walked out 3 times but the sell price was $24,080. That is without the rebate because I took the financing (4.9%). I probably could have gotten them down a few bucks more if I walked out again but they are decent people over there and for the few dollars I didn't want to waste any more time. Here is the finance breakdown $24,080 + $1685.60 (7% Sales Tax) = $25,765.60 = $485/mo for 60 months. I wrote them a check for 1. Luxury Tax = $96, 2. Doc Fee = $299, 3. Tire Tax = $7.50, and 4. Motor Vehicle Fee = $334. What do you think?
  • hawi7hawi7 Member Posts: 12
    Sounds great. Its not an Offroad but a good deal for a 4x4.
  • eviljoeeviljoe Member Posts: 14
    Edmunds TMV is like $500 less at $18,905 (but Coggin Nissan of the Avenues says $19,789 + $599 dealer fee - $1000 rebate). If they'd throw in body-side moulding and/or some fog lights I'd totally happy--how should I ask/demand that?
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    wyoforester said: "The trade should be a separate transaction/negotiation."

In reality, the trade-in will never be a separate transaction at any dealership. They will always treat the trade-in as an integral part of the new car purchase transaction.

The best way to deal with trade-ins and other variables is to get out-the-door price quotes from each dealer (definitely contact more than one dealer!). Be sure they include the trade-in in the out-the-door price quotes. Then, you can compare apples to apples. All that matters in the end is the out-the-door price for the whole transaction, not their stated "price" for the new car, or whatever they tell you they are giving you for your trade-in.

Again, all that matters is out-the-door price.
  • okiesanokiesan Member Posts: 1
    A buddy of mine that owns a used car lot found mine in an auction in Okla.City. Turns out I had looked at it the week before in a dealership used lot and was strongly considering making an offer when my buddy called the night before the auction. Got it at a great price - $20.1k and closed the deal yesterday.

Vehicle has 13k miles and is absolutely clean in every aspect. Checking to see if I can get a hitch installed this morning but am having trouble finding many other desired accessories such as a grill guard. Many manufacturers stopped making them after 2004 -- would appreciate any leads or sources for aftermarket goodies.
  • amandagsramandagsr Member Posts: 8
    I'm trading in my 2005 RSX Type-S for a Nissan Xterra SE. I dealt with some a-hole Nissan dealers last night who completely lied to me about everything because I'm a young woman and they think I'm an idiot. I've been seeing that people have been getting them for around 26k, is this right?
  • wyoforesterwyoforester Member Posts: 25
    Don't go into a dealer or call the sales dept. on the phone. Use the Internet first. In fact, you can use NissanUSA or Edmunds to find the dealers within 100 miles or so of you. We have driven 50 miles and saved $2,000 over local dealers. Get quotes over the Net or call the Internet depts. of individual dealerships once you have looked at their inventories on-line. Check out at least 5 or 6 dealers.
    We have used these techniques to purchase our last eight vehicles, including a 2007 Off Road and a 2007 Maxima SE. We have also been able to get a quote over the phone on our trades(subject to inspection). No deception, no stress. We actually paid what was quoted and received what was quoted for our trade. The prospective vehicle is cleaned and ready to be thoroughly test driven. The paperwork is usually done in 30 minutes. We have used several different dealers depending on the make(Subaru, Jeep, Toyota, Nissan, etc.) we have been looking for. This process actually makes getting a new vehicle fun!
    Whereas, if we go into dealers without using the net and Internet depts. to get quotes first, we've been bait and switched, TO'd, and had our time wasted and our stress level maxed out.

Use Edmunds to get the invoice price and TMV. We've always beat the TMV. We've usually been offered at or near invoice before incentives were subtracted(Northern CO and Denver area)

SE costs vary depending on options, what dealers you are dealing with, etc. Try what I described above and see what you get. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
  • amandagsramandagsr Member Posts: 8
    Sounds great. I even brought in the TMV price and they STILL would not give me even close to that. Thanks so much for the ideas.
    'never'? I agree that 'out the door price' including trade is the way to approach buying a new car.
    However, I have had situations where the trade was treated as a separate transaction in determining the value of the trade and did not effect what the dealer offered me on the new vehicle.
    I have had used vehicles(Toyota Land Cruiser, Q45 for example) that were apparently in demand at the particular times I(we)were shopping for a new vehicle. The Used manager at a Loveland, CO dealer offered me what I wanted even though I told him I wasn't going to buy anything and just wanted to sell mine. Our used vehicle had my name on title and reg. I found out later the Used Mgr. had a buyer that was looking for the exact vehicle(color, miles, options et al) I wanted to get rid of.

I had already obtained the internet price quote I wanted for the new vehicle at a couple of different dealers, but the Used manager did not know this as I had not contacted the Loveland dealers Internet Dept or sales dept. I had shopped my used vehicle at several dealers and he(Loveland) offered significantly more than the others.

I then contacted the Internet Dept. at the Loveland dealer and got a quote on the new vehicle that matched the other dealers without mentioning any trade. I already had a written quote from Loveland's Used mgr., but the Internet dept. didn't know this as I had used a family member's name to request the Internet quote.

In follow up, When I spoke to the Internet sales Mgr., I told him I(we) would take his price on the new vehicle and that my(our) trade had already received a quote by the Used Mgr. at his dealership. The 'I' mgr. said fine, as the price the Internet dept offered on the new one was what they had committed to sell it for. Bottom line, 'out the door' I received what I had been quoted separately for the trade and what I had been quoted separately for the new to net the lowest 'out the door price'.
  • george99george99 Member Posts: 2
    I found the post of amandagsr of June 6 2007 very useful. I did exactly what was recommended. To echo: I used Edmunds website to locate dealers within 50 miles of where I live (Coconut Grove/Miami, Florida), and looked at every dealer’s website to see their inventory. Once I found a car that seemed appropriate, I copied the VIN # and I called internet sales to get details. I did this for two dealers and found there to be a $2000 difference between two cars (primarily because of added features).

I called Maroone Nissan of Kendall who was selling a 07 Xterra SE for $25,852(MSRP = $28,524.94); this included a DVD dockable $1300 Two package $450, floor mats $110, microfilter $60. Other charges were going to be Tax 6%, New tags $235, Dealer fee (=profit) $599, Battery fee $8.50. Rebates of $1500 was included (could have also gotten the $500 rebate if we financed). Note: This dealer used MSRP charges for added features.

Esserman Nissan had a 07 Xterra SE for $24,600(MSRP=28,245); this included cargo cover $70, floor mats $80, auto dimming mirror $ 180, tow package $360. Other charges were tax 6%, new tags $250, Dealer fee (=profit) $599, Electronic filing $16, Tire fee $5, Battery fee $1.50. $1500 rebate was included. Couldn't get the extra $500 rebate, as we were not financing.

(Note there is also a $500 rebated for college grads...check on the Edmunds site for 'rebates and incentives')

I called the internet sales department and generally spoke to a salesperson that was not empowered to negotiate price any further. Both referred me to their sales managers.

The manager from Marrone (car with DVD) would not reduce the price any further. He refused to remove or reduce the dealer fee ($599). His 'out the door' price was $28,426.

The manager from Esserman removed the dealer fee ($599). His 'out the door' price was $26,500. I then told him I was coming to pick up the car. There was no further haggling at the dealership, merely paying and preparation of the paperwork and the car, which took about one hour.

I did all of this from my computer/desk, while drinking my morning coffee.

I was intent on teaching my 19 year old son how to buy his car; admittedly I learned something thru this experience. Thanks to amandagsr’s post.
    george99 said:'I found the post of amandagsr of June 6 2007 very useful."
    Question for george99,
    Are you referring to wyoforester's 9AM reply on June 6, 2007 to amandagsr? or is there a post by amandagsr that she made that I am not aware of or unable to view?
    You seem to be following the posted suggestions of wyoforester not amandagsr.

Bottom line, no matter what the 'second guessers' may chime in to tell you,it's your time and money. It sounds like you had an enjoyable,low stress buying experience and made a deal you are happy with.

Congratulations on your new vehicle.
    Hope you enjoy your X as much as we do ours.
  • george99george99 Member Posts: 2
    My mistake...you are right. It was the post of wyoforester that was the key, and very informative. Sorry to amandagsr and especially to wyoforester.
  • chili_gchili_g Member Posts: 1
    I'm really peaved about this! I did what you are saying back in 1999 when I bought a new Audi A4. I got a response saying the dealer charged $1000 over dealer cost (on a $26k popular car). It was low stress, I went over the pricing (it matched edmunds data/info) and we made the deal.

NOW, I'm looking into an Xterra (and others). Every response I have been worthless! I've been contacted back by about 4 dealers, and I might as well have just walked in the door. All this process has served, is for them to get some sales leads (me) and my contact info. They won't talk about any prices, specifics or anything, and are very very slimey. The only exception being a single subaru dealer who emailed me a quote on a particular model.

This is in VT - Burlington and Rutland dealers. I was very happy using Edmunds/Auto-by-tel in 1999, and was expecting a similar experience (one like you mention) this go around. All I've encountered is slimy, sneaky, stereotypical car salesmen (apologies to those who don't fit the sterotype - let me know if any of you are in VT!). It sounds like you've still had some good luck, so maybe the internet process hasn't gone down the tubes - maybe it's just this location (I bought the Audi in CT).

To top it off, there are not a lot of competing dealers around up here. You're lucky if there are two - 30 miles in each direction.

I'll bring pricing with me, but it looks like I'm stuck walking in. Luckily I'm having a hard time picking between about 4 cars, so I can afford to play the walk out game.

Sorry this isn't much more than venting. I would be interested in any further advice - or maybe positive experience with VT dealers.
  • jasper07jasper07 Member Posts: 2
    Eliminate the 'slimy' dealers from further consideration.

Our seven Subaru's were great vehicles and our two Nissans have been fun thus far.

As mentioned, we sometimes have had to expand our search. For example, we too live in a small(ish) community with only one Nissan and one Subaru dealer within 40 miles of our home. You may need to contact dealers in a metropolitan area. It may depend on how far you are willing to travel to make the deal you want. We purchased our last Subaru from a dealer in CO over 60 miles away from our home after looking as far as 100 miles away on the net. We settled on an out the door price before driving down to the dealer. Our purchase was subject to our test drive and approval of the unit. Zero hassle and no pressure.

There are 5 Subaru dealers within a half hour drive of each other down there(not even counting Denver). Competition can make a difference. Then again, sometimes the attitude of owner/general manager of a dealership makes a difference as well. There are some dealerships who think they are the gods' gift to buyers and don't appear to care if they never see you again for a follow up sale. We refuse to do business with them.

Your Burlington dealers certainly appear to have a different attitude than our Cheyenne dealers. If our local dealers can't make the sale, they still follow up and invite you back to have your new car serviced there. No hostility or negative attitude. A wise dealer gets the fact that a well managed service dept. is a major source of income for a dealership. You don't needlessly alienate a potential customer.
  • imadroneimadrone Member Posts: 33
    Having researched Edmunds comparative data and these excellent Xterra Forum postings, we have decided to order a 2008 Xterra OR as soon as they are available. Our local Nissan dealership is the dealer for the Costco auto program, which seems to be a hassle-free and fairly efficient way to deal. Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, in using this method rather than a more traditional approach? Advice is appreciated.

Imadrone
  • xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    this is the best way to purchase a vehicle.... since there are models from x s se and off-road. you get a fair price. make sure that you dont add any options.. all xterra models come with almost everything from the factory.

at least when i purchased mine on my own, when they asked me the options, i simply said no, dont need that, dont want that. and everything they mentioned came with truck. 4X2 s auto. i just checked for my future 2007 off road and the price is trully great. sure if you start adding the options the price will go up.... please post your final purchase through cosco so that it will help the rest of us when buying. good luck
  • exfaciorexfacior Member Posts: 1
    I've been contacting a long list of nissan dealers, and got an OTD quote of 22658 for a 2007 Xterra S w/Util package and standard equipment. Is this decent, and should I take it now or wait until next month? Any idea if they will have an even better rebate in August?
  • tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    You should be able to get the vehicle for Invoice -($2000) rebate. I wouldn't expect to get more than a $2000 rebate, I waited 3 months for Nissan to offer a better rebate than $1000 last year and it never happened. What a deal this year, $2000, you can't go wrong with that!!!!
  • douknownamdouknownam Member Posts: 2
    My best quote from the dealers are below. According to Edmunds, this is $340 below invoice (zip code 32817). This deal sounds great, is anyone else getting numbers like these in FL? Should I jump on it?

2007 Nissan Xterra SE Automatic

Suggested Retail Price - $27,415.00

Internet Price - $25,542.00

Minus factory Rebate - $2,000.00

Total - $23,542.00

Plus

Tax

Tag and Fees

Specs on this truck:

2007 XTERRA SE-V6 4X2 SUV AUTO
    K26-X
    NIGHT ARMOR, STEEL/GRAPHITE

Invoice MSRP
    BASE $24,224 $25,900
    CGO $63 $80
    RETRACTABLE CARGO
    FLO $78 $110
    FLOOR MATS
    MIC $46 $60
    IN-CABIN MICROFIL
    MIR $179 $240
    AUTO DIMMING EC M
    ORG $114 $150
    ADJUSTABLE CARGO
    PRO $133 $170
    PROTECTION PACKAG
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $705 $705
    Total $25,542 $27,415
  • xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    that seems like a great price. rebates untill 9/04/2007. i have been checking into carsdirect.com they seem to be a no nonsence car buying aproach. if anyone is looking to purchase a xterra, going through carsdirect seems to eliminate the usual dealership purchasing situations. and they show dealership rebates. if anyone goes this route, please post how it went.
  • douknownamdouknownam Member Posts: 2
    Recently bought an '07 Xterra with the below specs. Paid $23710, which is invoice with all of the options. This is approx. $300 below TMV on Edmunds..

2007 Xterra SE RWD
    Tow Package
    Floor mats
    Auto-dimming rear-vew
    Retractable cargo cover

$25710 - $2000 incentive = $23710.
  • joe150joe150 Member Posts: 1
    My company has some relationship with Nissan and they extended an offer to our employees listed below. Is this a good deal or would I be better off negoitating on my own?

D PLAN
    Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    Plus destination and handling charge
    Minus applicable incentives
    Equals participant's purchase price
  • ps30ps30 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2007 Xterra from Jeff Roberts at Colonial Auto Center in Charlottesville, Virginia. Great experience!!! No hassles, no pressure, no haggling. I got my Xterra for invoice minus $2000 manufacturer's rebate. Jeff was fabulous to deal with. I could not get this deal in the city where I live...I spent too much time trying to get local dealers to come down to a good price. It was well worth the drive to Charlottesville. Jeff is far from the stereotypical car salesman...thank goodness!
  • Boris2Boris2 Member Posts: 177
    Got '07 Off-Road MT with all the options except for upgraded stereo for $23.5( + Dealers fee + taxes) out of the door. I went thru the fleet manager so all negotiations were done over the phone (took about 30 min) and all papers ready for me to sign and loan approved by the time I came there to pick up the truck. It took him couple of days to get the vehicle from a different dealer and I was out of there in less then hour and a half.
  • mdm38mdm38 Member Posts: 1
    $27.3 - $2 Rebate = $25.3 Love my new truck!
  • dtotheatothevtdtotheatothevt Member Posts: 1
    In Alaska I think they have close to 30 2007 models on the lot

I'm looking at the following:

The internet sales manager quoted me this:
    07 Off Road 6-Speed (Gray)
    26,200 base price + 2180 opt + 650 dest +250 license fee minus 2750 cash back = 26,530

I countered with a (near invoice) 24,500 base price. I told them I'm not paying MSRP on an 07 when the 08 models are already out.

Do you think that is a good price?

When you go to the lot the car has additional $1995 dealer markup and $199 doc fees which I said I was not paying. I hate buying cars!
  • rmactahoermactahoe Member Posts: 4
    In Texas, was quoted the following for a new vehicle

2007 Nissan Xterra S 2WD
    Base Price 24,860.00 - $4890.00 in rebates and preferred customer discount

Out the door, 21,500.00

Is this a good price?
    Pulled the trigger.

2007 Nissan Xterra S 2WD White New
    Final Price was $20,995.00 OTD

Options included
    (F95) Adjustable Cargo Organizer

(F96) Retractable Cargo Cover

(L92) Carpeted Floor Mats

(L92) Carpeted Floor Mats (Fleet)

(M10) In-Cabin Microfilter

(U01) Utility Package
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    That sounds great, where in the US are you, could post your break down and experience
  • mbuntingmbunting Member Posts: 158
    Congrats rmactahoe! One quick question though...

Is your OTD price including Tax, Title, & License? (TTL)?

I'm about to get one as well...here is where I'm at right now:

2007 Nissan Xterra S 2WD (A/T) (Night Armor) New

(M10) In-cabin Microfilter
    (U01) Utility Package
    (L92) Carpeted Floor Mats
    (N93) Auto Dimming EC Mirror w/Compass
    (W94) Tow Package

Right now, I'm at $20360 + TTL (no other fees) with a dealer here in SoCal. Tentatively scheduled to do the deal either on Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. However, I'm waiting on my Turbo Check / Financing to be delivered by DHL (probably tomorrow).

The $2750 rebate that was supposed to expire on 10/31...has anyone heard if it has been extended or possibly increased? I can't imagine it going away or down...so I'm hoping for increased :)

However, it's not showing up anymore here on edmunds...so maybe it's gone. My dealer will probably pull the offer on me today...if he does that, I'll just wait for the next rebate...hopefully it will still be a go. Was supposed to purchase last night, but my lender sent me the wrong turbo check yesterday, so I'm having to wait for a new one. Arrrr!
    Purchase was made from Bankston Nissan in Lewisville, TX

Yes, my above price was OTD including TTL and all the other small fees etc.
  • webbewebbe Member Posts: 15
    :confuse: Hello,
    I was wondering if someone could tell me about the rebate Nissan is offering on
    the Xterra X. I am thinking of buying and have been quoted $22,500 , the MSRP
    is $24,900. What I am wanting to know is about the $2000 cash back, to get
    this does it have to be financed through Nissan? I am already approved through
    my Credit Union at a low rate and wanted to stay with that.
    One place I read implies that you do and the other doesn't-go through there
    dealer. Does anyone know? Does the $22,500 sound right-I am in Lou, Ky.
    Another question-Is the gas millage that noticeable?
  • budmantombudmantom Member Posts: 33
    I just came from the dealer: 2007 = $2750 and the 08 = $2500 this isn't based on financing

I haven't been able to verify this yet.

Has anyone tried Carsdirect? they seem to have the best prices.
  • dodgerbluesdodgerblues Member Posts: 1
    wow!! that is a great price ofr an OR MT. WOW again!!!

I bought an 05 SE black for 25.3k, before TTL.

I crashed head first two months ago and looking to sell it or trade it in cuz i know front end collisions are the worst thing to happen to SUVs one uses for off road terrain.
  • vex321vex321 Member Posts: 16
    Hello

Im currently looking to trade/sell my vehicle and I was wondering what kind of offer I can get for my car

Its a 2001 xterra XE with 4 wheel drive ( YELLOW which is the best colour for xterra lol )

Has all the options that XE can be had from the factory as well as front and rear guard which costed around 2 grand from dealer.
    It currently has 73000 miles on it.
    There are some problems on the car.
    The driver side seat does not move back and forth ( I think I have a coin stuck on the rail ) and the heater/ac does not work from gauges 1-3 but does work as normal on the 4th dial.
    So my only choice is either freezing my [non-permissible content removed] off or sweat like nutz lol ( has anyone encountered this problem by any chance? if so what did it cost to fix? )
    Other than that the car has the normal wear and tear that a car of 6 year should have , nothing major.

I got KBB TRADE IN value of 6000 on fair ( 8000 for excellent and about 7000 for good but I thought my car was just fair )

Do you think its reasonable for me to get 6 grand on a dealer trade in?
    Im really not looking to do a private trade since its a lot more hassle than trading it in for a new vehicle

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,741
    For an expert opinion on the trade-in value of your car, try posting here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• imadroneimadrone Member Posts: 33
    Before I share the details of my acquisition, I would like to thank Edmunds for making this Forum available. The voluminous data available plus the real-world experience of fellow owners and enthusiasts makes the decision making process far more pleasant, rewarding, and cost-effective. We bought our '04 BMW 325iT Sportwagon via European Delivery after extensive Edmunds research and have had over 4 years of sheer driving delight, reliability, and economy.

We ordered the '08 Xterra OR with automatic, despite having a combined 75 years of having driven manual transmissions. Again thanks to Edmunds Forum, owner's problems with the Xterra clutch dissuaded us from the 6-speed. We used the Costco Buying Plan through Shasta Nissan here in Redding, California, and were very pleased with their friendliness, professionalism, and honesty.

We ordered Tech Package, Supplemental Airbags, Tow Package, Auto Dimming Mirror, Protection Package, Adjustable Cargo Organizer, Floor Mats, Retractable Cargo Cover. Also ordered Desert Stone with charcoal interior.

Total, including factory incentive was $27,503.33. Given that Edmunds TMV is $29,160, we are quite satisfied to have received precisely what we wanted in the vehicle at a very fair price.

Took delivery last Thursday evening, and after a weekend trip to the coast, have over 600 miles on it. The Xterra is even better than anticipated, and since I can't pry it out of my wife's hands now, perhaps I'll finally get to drive the BMW (Sport Package, manual).

I can't imagine buying off the lot when ordering the BMW and Xterra exactly as desired has been so easy, thanks to Edmunds data. We keep cars for a long time, and it pays to get what you want.

Happy shopping,
    Richard
  • bunker108bunker108 Member Posts: 7
    I too am interested in purchasing an 08 Off Road, AT, through the Costco program. They said 500 over invoice minus factory incentives which are $1500 right now. Sound the same? How much negotiation room is left?

Looking at an Xterra Off Road with tech. package and will have to add tow package.

What kind of price should I be shooting for?

Thanks!
  • bunker108bunker108 Member Posts: 7
    Well I guess I answered my own question.

We came home with an Avalanch Off Road, AT with tech, tow, auto mirror and protection. MSRP was 30,380 and sticker was 31,875. Invoice was 28,800 with 500 over for Costco was 29,300 minus the 2500 rebate put it at 26,800 before TTL.

We also had to add side steps for my wife which were not cheap that took us back up to 27,800.

It was great they didn't have an OR with Tow but one rolled up while we were there. We snagged it right off the carhauler...only 9 miles! We knew it was our car!

Overall it was easy and we were pleased with the expwerience and happy with our purchase.
  • skin1skin1 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I bought a 2008 xterra in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I wanted to share my experience to anyone looking at buying. I went through edmunds for research and came across a get dealer quotes page. I entered my information on location and how far I wanted to go for quotes. Within minutes I had dealers sending emails and calling to verify info. The internet pricing system was extremely satisfying and comfortable to use. I sent out the price I was looking for and some sent their offer in an email and some sent their offer by calling on the phone. I visited some dealers before I started the internet process and the best price I could get was 23500 out the door price everything included for a 2008 xterra x base with no extra's MSRP 24840. I was asking 21000 out the door through the internet unfortunately the very best I could do was 21963 out the door price everything included. This price was actually the first email sent by Bowser in pittsburgh. I went in to the dealer and asked for the internet sales and they pulled up my email and we walked away with the deal. I felt the price was very fair. Not many dealers would even come close. The internet is the way to go if you are comfortable with computers. I had 10 dealers working for my price. I did have to counter a few times to get the price. I have gone on enough. In closing this was the best car buying experience I have had!!!!
  • donthegreekdonthegreek Member Posts: 127
    Bought a new 08 Xterra SE just before Christmas.There was a $2500 rebate and 1.9%....You can't get both. Got the 1.9% and they knocked off $2500 from sticker.
    Guess i got both.
  • debenhamdebenham Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 08 Xterra S w/ tow package and a few other options. Sticker price was $27,255. With $2500 factory rebate & $500 college grad rebate our final price was $21,945. That would be an AMAZING deal; however, i only got $11,300 for my trade in 06 Honda Civic Coupe LX. That is low kbb. With the condition of the car, i imagine i could have sold it privately for about $2000 more. We did get a tax savings of approx. $1000 for the trade in though. Overall, i consider my negotiated price to be $22,945 (negotiated price + trade in loss). With that all said and done, we had $780 above my civic payoff for a down payment and our total out the door price with TTL was $22,880. It was a great buying experience and we are stoked!!