Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Xterra Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Comments

• garrettsgarretts Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I'm looking to buy either an S or OR, 6spd., 4x4. Recently a dealer quoted me a price of $25,360, with current incentives included, on a OR, 6spd, 4x4, that has an MSRP of $26,720 from the Nissan website (also includes cabin filter, splash guards, and floormats). To me it sounds high, but I'm usure. Any ideas what this model is currently going for? Also, does anybody have insight as to whether it would be better to purchase before or after Sept. 30 (the current incentive deadline)? Also, any opinions at to whether or not the OR is worth the price increase over the S?
  • gccambridgegccambridge Member Posts: 24
    Xterra S, 4x4 with power package and a few other things. MSRP 26,100. Dealer offer is $24,299 before the 1,000 rebate. $23,299 final offer. There is A LOT of inventory. Do folks think rebate will double to $2,000 next month or November?? Worth the wait? Am in no hurry...

This is in Boston, MA.

Thanks!
  • cutter3cutter3 Member Posts: 12
    agree that there are lots of these on the lots - likely 2K incentive in October - 1.5K at least, I think - dealers want sales now as it is end of month - if you can wait, wait.
  • jdenverjdenver Member Posts: 5
    My thinking is this: there ARE a lot of Xterras out here (Denver). The pricing on most 2006 Nissans is out, (up a few hundred MSRP average), the advertising is now showing the 2006 cars (selectively), the Bottom Line Promo ads seem to be gone here at least. SO...I do think at least a few hundred $ have to be added to the $1k now offered, no matter what they call it. If this money goes to Dealers, I think they will pass it on. I am thus going to wait and see what happens after the 30th. The US companies are doing their Employee thing through the weekend, so nothing may occur until next week I am hoping to save a few hundred more bucks! Let's keep some info on here on pricing for specific cases if possible.
    See www.nissanusa.com : New X Model base model, MSRP @ $19950; S has Power included @ $22150 (no pwr mirrors); VDC on all models. Price changes.
  • mrmagnificentmrmagnificent Member Posts: 1
    bought a 2005 xterra S for 22,200 cash +ttl in central jersey last week. (sticker was 25,700) (4X4, auto, power, mud flaps, floor covers, body mouldings, protection package, microfilter). hope this helps!

awesome ride...wish the suspension was a little tighter though.
  • arynjonarynjon Member Posts: 3
    I'm trying to buy a new 05 X. The one I'm looking at is a 4x4 S with Power and Utility, body side molding, cargo cover, microfilter, mud flaps, and floormats. The MSRP is 26320. I am currently at invoice (24620) - $1500 in rebates for a total of 23120 + ttl. Is this a good deal, or does anyone think I can get it for a little less? Thanks!
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    If you work harder, I think you can do a little better (~$300-$500). But if you really like the truck and options already, I say go for it.

• tampatampa Member Posts: 12
    <<.........and floormats. The MSRP is 26320. I am currently at invoice (24620) - <b>$1500 in rebates for a total of 23120 + ttl...........>>

arynjon,
    not aware of 4WD pricing, but I walked away from a '05 2WD power, utility packages & tow $21.1k counter offer. (which I may regret :confuse: ). Don't forget you are bidding on a: 1- year old 2- new car (depreciation X2).
    The '06's are nearby and there are no shortages of '05 'X's. And gasoline is $3. a gallon. Be patient.

Where did you see the $1500 rebates? Not on this website. Please post.

....tampa
    ps thanks to Guru Thumper in Texas and everyone who posts their winning bids.
    sorry - what do you mean 2-new car

agree we need to be patient

the incentives are no longer posted by nissan - they say to go to the dealer so we will need people to post.
    depreciationX2....one- you are buying a year old car (worth less than a newer model car as in 'book value') and, two- new car (off the dealer lot) is now a used car (worth less than a new car).

The incentives are not 'factory to buyer' cash back? Where'd the $1500. number come from?

About the 'be patient' comment... heck, we've waited this long, what's another week or two?

.. .. .. good luck, tampa
    thanks

Nissan is certainly among the more stingy makers and can say if you look at kelley blue book and compare the depreciation of a Nissan vs a Honda with zero miles - HUGE difference

patience is the word - gas prices going nowhere good for now
    The dealer called me twice on Tuesday, 10/4. First, they told me that the $1000 rebate was staying the same. Later, they called to say that they had upped the rebate to $1500 or $500 and 4% financing. These may be regional deals based on inventory because Nissan is not listing the promotions on their website - you have to check at the dealers. Even with the depreciation for it being an 05 I'm ok with the deal as long as I can get another $300-$500 off the current dealer offer. That would bring me to about 24120-1500= $22620 + ttl.

I'm just not in a big hurry to buy right now because of the gas prices. If they stay the same or go down I would feel fine purchasing this vehicle (my current jeep gets about the same gas milage). However, if prices are going to continue going up, I'm going to have to decide if I can afford to own an SUV.

Whatever I buy, I plan on keeping it for at least six years. If it looks like gas is going to be $5-$6 a gallon in six years, it would be silly to buy any large SUV. That's probably why the SUV market has bottomed out.

I really want an X - I've driven everything that I even remotely liked in the smaller SUV segment and I think the X is hands down the best all-around vehicle. I just wish it got 28-30 mpg. I guess you just can't have it all...
    2005 S 4x4 Automatic---Power pkg; Utility pkg; mats, side molding, splash guards, bug shield, microfilter, cargo cover, Delivery: $ 22989. Then paid some Dealer Handling bogus charge I know; Was like discount of 1875ish and another 1500 "rebate" from the MSRP. Not world's greatest deal but wanted to put out the info! Good Luck! :)
  • dblackwooddblackwood Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a '05 S 4X2 with auto, power, utlity and other assorted add-ons. Believe it or not they actually had a $1200 sticker mark-up along with the other stupid add-ons like "paint protector" which came out to $2000 above MSRP. After the dealer breifly tried to sell the car to me for $26,000+, I told him there is no way I would even pay close to MSRP for the vehicle. So I offered him $20000. He came back with $23000 which included the $1500 rebate that was being offered. I countered with $21500 which he accepted. Came out around $1400 off of invoice. I was pleased with that.

I just can't believe the poor souls that think there is no room to bargin and actually pay MSRP + mark-ups and stupid dealer add-ons.
  • xterrachicagoxterrachicago Member Posts: 2
    My first new car at age 32.... usually I just bought used cars and ran them into the ground. Time to have a car payment.

Just purchased a new 2005 in suburban chicago, S model, 4X4, flaps, cargo cover, power pkg, and floor mats. msrp was $25700 and the invoice $24170, was offered 4% over invoice so about $25000 and the $500 cash back and %4 at 60months (which is $1000 savings off prime). My fiance and I said we would just come back in a couple weeks on our next day off. Then it went down to $100 over invoice with the $1500 back in incentives. It had all the things that I needed and nothing I didn't want and a granite color too. I guess I could have waited about 2 to 3 more weeks and perhaps had more off, but then end up with other options and pay about the same. I did buy the 7 yr/ 100,000 warranty as 100,000 chicago miles are a rough 100,000 miles. cost about $1700 extra.

So now I love this thing, easy to drive and use in the city. I often go to northern wisconsin, and michigan to hike and fish so I look forward to driving in blazing snow storms instead of a white knuckles on an old car.
  • mentemente Member Posts: 11
    where in chicago did you buy? I was offered $24,300 for the S 4x4 with pwr/util pkg out in the burbs (non incentives added). I was waiting for the incentive to get a little better so I could afford that $1700 xtra for the ext. war.

When does everyone think Nissan's incentives will come out? Xterras were @ $1000 off, but have gotten worse as the next year's models are about to hit the floor? Someone recently referred to getting more than $1000 rebate, something not posted on nissan's website... just looking for more info.

Thanks
  • xterrachicagoxterrachicago Member Posts: 2
    It was Gerald Nissan in Aurora, kinda out there as I live in Chicago. Worth the drive out there as the "country road are easier to navigate" At first the dealer said that we could not drive by ourselves....some kind of excuse. But when we were going to leave the "main man" said, take it out for a spin by yourselves. Thank god as if one more dealer had to sit behind me and talk about himself .....

Wow that sounds like a great deal as it has another package for about the same price. The utility package was not needed for me as the runners get icy, hold snow, and plows snow. If I wanted to get the top of the truck, step on the wheel or step or even doorjam. But if was there, yeah it would be ok.. Yeah if you go, since there are about 30 dealers in chicago, you can likely get $500 to $1000 below invoice then the $1500 off. It may be one that is likely to sit a little longer for its color or extra options. SE's are there, but at $3000 over the S for a stereo, rims, and titanium is not quite worth it.

24,300 sounds already below invoice by at least $500. watch out for destination charges because they should be included in the invoice cost. My thought is buy now or pay about $3000 dolars more in January for close to MSRP and higher interest rates. So that is like one year of depreciation.

Rebates are listed, I found it on the web somewhere it is $500 cb, and 4% at 60months which is about $1000 off the prime rate.
    I'm now at $100 below invoice for a 05 Xterra S 4x4, power, utility, microfilter, cargo cover, floor mats, splash guards, body side molding. Invoice is 24620, so I'm at 24520-1500 = 23020 + ttl. What does everyone think? The dealer basically said this was their final offer. I would really like to buy it, but I want the best deal possible. Does anyone think I could get 2-300 more off the price? Around here there aren't too many S's equiped like this. There are a lot of SE's though.

Thanks
    arynjon,

I know nothing about 4x4's, but I've recently had some interesting relavations. Not including Tax, title and tag, (almost) loaded 2005 S 2x4's can be had for $20.5K and 2005 SE 2x4's are less than $1,000 more. Don't pay more. You are bidding on a year old car.
    I've switched to focusing on an SE for the reason you said....there are a 'lot of them' and for a G more, you get big 17" deluxe tires/rims, deluxe stereo et al.
    Just because this car is popular with you, don't think it is popular with the masses
    because it isn't. Pick up the phone, ask for the persons who responded to your emails and made a VERY low offer on a specific car with the options you want. Call every dealer with in a hundred miles. They get paid to sell cars, they have a load of them and they can't eat 'em. Oh, and consider a SE.
    special thanks to guru Thumper.................... tampa
    so does that mean an SE 4x4 should be ~$23.5k? adding the xtra trans shouldn't up the price too much more than 2g right? Also, it seems the only deals they're offering is 3%APR + $500 cash OR $1500 cash only... so with good credit, what are the chances of getting close to 3% and taking the latter rebate? sorry, but kind of new to this. Thanks to all!

mente
    Mente,
    Did you read my post about calling dealers and making offers? The lots are full and the 2006's are here.
    I just bought an SE 4X2 (changed from original S 4X2 intent) with 15 miles.
    MSRP is $26,630. Follow the numbers: my cost $22.1, dealer add ons $650, tax title transfer $1500, REBATE $1500. Walk out price $22.7k in Winter Haven, FL.

.. ..tampa

Special thanks to Thumper and everyone who posted prices and told us how to save a few hard earned bucks. THANKS

3 day 2005 X SE 2X4 review:
    PRO: strong engine, NICE stereo (plays mp3's), stadium seating.
    CON: no driver seat elbow rests, stiff ride, mileage??
  • xtierraxtierra Member Posts: 55
    i truly encourage everyone buying a new car to search for the correct dealer invoice. I paid and went through c_______r_____s.com then walked into the dealer and went to the back lot to check on actual inventory. se come with fog lights easy to see how many they have on inventory ect. I paid 21,000 plus ttl. then was offered the extended warranty for 1,300 i told them no thanks. went on the internet and found a dealer back east that advertised the 6year 100,000 for 899.00 SOLD!! i called nissan usa to verify that the dealer trully existed and the offer was real since it had a name (type of cigarret brand)nissan. they are for real.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    No need to hide which dealerships you shopped - we welcome the mention of dealerships, it's just info about specific salespeople that's not permitted.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

tampa...
    thanks for the great info. I think I will look out for a 2005 SE, but, on edmunds, it claims the msrp is 25,350 (4x2) and invoice = 23,709. This puts you well below invoice, even without rebate (an incredible deal). 4x4 trans (per msrp) is ~2g more, so I would hope to shoot for 24.1k, BUT, other than there being lots of these cars still on lots, what other leverage do I have to deal this far below invoice. I have no ammo when they come at me with their "rock bottom 'invoice' price" Anyway, any other suggestions/opinions would be really great! As posted before, the absolute best i've been able to get so far is for an S 4x4 w/ pwr + util for 23,3k
  • perfectperfect Member Posts: 3
    I called every dealer in MA for pricing on SE 4 X 4 with floor mats, microfilter, autodimming mirrors, mud guards; 4 dealers had the color I wanted; 2 were willing to do $24,650 (MSRP is $28,800); 2 are willing to go to $24,500. I think they may even go lower in another week or two. As many of you know, Automotive News came out with stats on dealer inventories; there are 26,000 of these babies out there which represents a 128 days supply (it is the end of October!!!). I suspect that deals will only get better. Happy hunting.
  • crbcrb Member Posts: 10
    I just received a price quote for a Black 2005 Xterra. Here is a breakdown:

- Trim level: S
    - Trans: 4WD
    - Options:
    - Power Package
    - In cabin Micorfilter
    - Splash Guards
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Carpeted Floor Mats

MSRP: $26,100
    Price Quote: $22,699

This sounds like a decent deal to me, but I'm wondering if I can do better. Anyone have any opinions? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    perfect, did that include deduction for rebate? if you get the 1,500 xtra off, sounds like a pretty good deal. I've been told since there's nothing significantly different between the year models, that they refuse to drop cost (garbage, of course)...

mente
    Just to update my earlier post...

I just got back from the dealership, and here is where I stand.

Black 2005 Xterra
    - Trim level: S
    - Trans: 4WD
    - Options:
    - Power Package
    - In cabin Micorfilter
    - Splash Guards
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Carpeted Floor Mats
    - Custom "marble trim molding" ($498 add-on) Whoppee!

MSRP: $26,598
    Price Quote: $21,975

I was able to get the sticker a bit lower. Any thoughts? Feedback? Other dealership experiences and prices?
  • fcollinsfcollins Member Posts: 2
    $21975? That must be after rebate and w/out dest., right? i just put all of those options into edmunds and came up with MSRP: $25,620 w/dest. and w/out the trim molding. That would bring it up to $26,118. I'm looking for basically the same thing, that's why I'm getting so picky... any details or update? thanks
    Pricing is net of rebates - November is just around the corner; rebates could increase. More than one dealer told me that Nissan is not trying to push 2006 onto dealers; they will start selling 2006 to any dealers who have cleared (or just about cleared) 2005s. My problem is that I have a 1999.5 Pathfinder to sell before I can take advantage of any deal on the Xterra; dealers can't afford to drop draw on prices and then offer hefty trade in prices. Oh well.
    Hi fcollins,

So far, the deal is the same. However, I have actually shopped this around to two other dealerships looking for a possibly lower offer, and I was told that the offer I have is "unrealistic." They said that they could NOT match the offer, but that there has to be a catch with the offer because they would have to lose about $800 in order to sell the car at that price.

So, I am going back to the dealership tonight to do a final check and chat with the salesman. If everything is on the up and up, I think I will take the car. I already have a loan from my bank approved at 6.52% interest (which is decent I think), so it's not as if they will be able to recover any money by screwing around with the financing numbers.

I'll let you know what happens! :)
  • jjjday1jjjday1 Member Posts: 5
    We have been trying to buy an 06 S type Xterra but can't find anyone to work with us anywhere close to what we are reading here. We have an '01 gold Pathfinder LE leather loaded, new tires, under 50000 miles and no one wants to give anything for it. We are trying to get the Xterra for about a $5000 trade difference.....is that expecting too much?
    Have you thought about looking at an '05? There are thousands of them left, and you can probably get a great deal on one. They are basically the same as the '06.
    Just to update my earlier posts:

Here is the final offer I came away with for a Black 2005 X Terra.

Trim: S
    Trans: 4x4
    Options:
    - Power Package
    - Utility Package (includes VDC, Step rails, first aid kit)
    - Protection package (includes rubber mats, emergency road kit, and wheel locks)
    - Splash Guards
    - floor mats
    - auto-dimming mirror w/compass
    - in cabin microfilter
    - body side moldings

Final offer was $22, 475. I took the deal (since I wanted the stability control and step rails), and picked up the car this afternoon. I also got $2000 for my trade in, which was a 2001 Saturn w/150K miles.
  • tom827tom827 Member Posts: 1
    I think you made a great deal for $22,475. What dealership?
    It was a dealership in Northern New Jersey, called Lynnes Subaru-Nissan. I actually shopped this deal to a few other local dealerships, and no one would match. One salesman went so far as to say it was "unrealistic" and that there had to be some hidden fees.

Originally, the price quoted was $21,975 on a model without the utility package, but with some add-on marble trim package (which I didn't really like at all). So, I was able to get one with all the other options I wanted, but without the marble trim, for $500 more.

I think if maybe I'd waited until November, I could have gotten a better deal via manufacturer incentives. However, the dealership only had two models I wanted with all the options and in my preferred colors (black and night armor), and there was another guy that purchased the night armor one while I was there. They were just bringing it in to prep when I left the dealership! :)
    Was able to get a 2005 4 X 4 with extras (MSRP $28,800) for $24,495 and a trade on my 1999.5 Pathfinder SE (with 98K miles) of $7,500 for a net of just over $17,000. Would have liked more for my Pathfinder but KBB trade in was $6400, and since no one was pounding down my doors for the Pathfinder, I thought it was the best I'd be able to do.
  • trojan2000trojan2000 Member Posts: 6
    I've been researching the 2005 SE and am quickly becoming a fan. I see from the forum that people were getting $1000 to $1500 manufacturers rebates. Does anyone know if those are still available in November or if they might have gone up since the 2006's are here?
  • newxguynewxguy Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2005 XTerra SE 4x2 yesterday. Granite color.

MSRP $25,300
    Options:
    Splash Guards
    Body side molding
    cargo cover
    mats
    in-cabin microfilter
    Destination
    Total $26,310

- Discount of $3,310 to make it $23,000 and then $2,000 rebate to make it $21,000 before TTL
    - Add TTL for a total of $23,143 out the door.

Sounded like a really good deal to me.
  • pittpatpittpat Member Posts: 1
    Just test drove a 4WD S model with the power, utility, and protection packages, (white exterior & desert/graphite interior). The vehicle also has splash guards, body side molding, and floor mats, but they may be part of the protection package - not sure right now.

MSRP $26,450, Invoice $24,782, Out the door (tags, taxes, title, destination, and processing fees) price offered to me after a few rounds of negotations: $23,400

I think I am going to jump on the deal, but....I kind of want the upgraded stereo and the foglights that come standard with the SE. Problem is, they don't have a white 4x4 SE and I really like the wheels on the S model better than those on the SE. Also, I'm much too impatient to wait for them to locate one and I really don't want to get hit with the dealer transfer fee that always comes up when one dealer locates/transfers a vehicle.

So....take the deal on the S model or hold out for the SE?

Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • mogulbaimogulbai Member Posts: 1
    I just signed a contract...

MSRP $27,980 (icl. destination fee $580)
    invoice price : around $26,000 (icl. destination fee $580)
    discount $2,980
    rebate $2,000
    selling price $23,000
    out the door price (car price + sales tax + new plate + reg + sticker(state inspection) + doc fee) : $24,433

I live at Cambridge, MA and the dealership was Marlboro Nissan in MA.
    I should go again to pick up the car on Wed.
  • bkjsxbkjsx Member Posts: 3
    Good to know that the extended warranty is a real deal! Thanks for posting it. I just got a 2005 SE 4x4 10/22 from cars direct as well. Got $3616 off sticker with the then $1500 rebate included. Total cost = $25,784 (MSRP=29,400) and $28,469 out the door. (SF area) Included dual air bags, molding, tow pkg., carpeted mats and splash guards. I noticed a lot of the Nissan accessories available online for cheaper and have ordered a few of them seperately. You can put your own microfilter in! Check your car but the filter needed only to be ordered and put into your glovebox (see manual). :)
    Since the 10/31 rebates for $1500 has expired, it looks like the current rebate is at $2,000. And the only difference that I know of between the 06 and 05 is a locking glovebox with a light? I think all else might be almost the same. :)
  • gened5gened5 Member Posts: 1
    magnificent,

Where in Central Jersey??? Was it DCH Nissan?
    Check out carsdirect.com, its where I saw the rebate info. for my region. (N. CA) I think they may have added a lock to the roof latch and maybe armrests in the front row for the 06s. Good luck!
  • golassogolasso Member Posts: 4
    DFW area:

Power & Utility Pkgs
    Body Side Moldings
    Splash Grds
    Autodim Comp
    Cargo Cover & Org
    Protection Pkg
    Floor Mats

MSRP: 24,800

Their first offer was 22,500, our counter was 19,500. They came back with 20,890, we balked, they came back with 20,440, we accepted. Bought the xtended warranty.
  • xterrianxterrian Member Posts: 3
    That is a good deal. Which dealer in DFW did you go?
  • golassogolasso Member Posts: 4
    Don Davis Nissan in Arlington
  • purpelnoonpurpelnoon Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2003 XTerra XE, power windows and locks with 25,700 miles for $16,500. It was about $1200 less than the KBB rating. I feel I got a good eal but then later on I was looking in at the dealer's web site and the car I bought was still isted as an "internet" price of about 1 grand less. I wonder if the internet price was a ploy to get people to come in, because none of the other dealers had prices that good.