Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Coupe

13»

Comments

• s346762s346762 Member Posts: 2
    Had the g6 back several times. Still have a wet seatbelt after a heavy rain. Anybody ever get a good fix on this?
  • s346762s346762 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for any info on the wet seatbelt retractor. anybody get a good fix?? My car has been in several times and it still leaks.
  • hillsg6hillsg6 Member Posts: 10
    thanks!
  • jimc4273jimc4273 Member Posts: 1
    I do not know if it is the same problem but I have had my GTP coupe for a year. First the Pass side rear floor and seat belt, got wet then the Drivers side. I figured out that the sunroof drain lines had come disconnected from around the sunroof because they were only pushed into the fittings. I fixed it myself in less than an hour by pulling down the headliner (Carefully) and installing two hose clamps to hold the drain hoses.No water problems since. NOW,if anyone can come up with a short throw shifter to help the 1st to 2nd shift, I would be happy.
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Anyone out there have the 0-60 number for the new G6 GT for 2007 with the 3.5 V6? I see the HP is up, but I can not find any times on the Net yet.
    -Loren
  • colson1colson1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone with the Pontiac G6 with at least 60K miles had there motor blow out yet? Mine did and the repairs are astounding. I've had 3 starters replaced in this car the CV joints need to be replaced the brakes have been done all the way around. What's next the cars not worth this much. :sick: :lemon:
  • flyshy1flyshy1 Member Posts: 6
    what motor is in your G6? my rotors have been turned 3 times so far and last time they put new pads on the front
    all under warranty. The rotors will warp soon, hopefully
    they will put new ones on this time. 6 speed broke with less than 10K and the alternator at 20K (last week)
    the 06 GTP had the 3.9 motor
  • jtomaszewskijtomaszewski Member Posts: 3
    Good luck. I have been having bug problems (along with a variety of others...cruise control, random error messages on the radio, the seat adjuster, wind leaks, sunroof wind deflector breaking, fog lights staying on, etc) and the dealer tried to tell me that i was leaving the lights on and the bugs were being attracted to the lights. i contacted GM and they returned my phone call and i was gone, when i contacted them on three separate occasions, they did not retrun my calls. i've gone to vacuuming out the interior light area every week or so. did you ever find out how to fix it.
  • nlang79nlang79 Member Posts: 8
    My adjuster just fell off this weekend...figures, its all plastic and very thin at that...I'll be taking my car in today to get that fixed..its warranty so im not too concerned...just made me laugh though...so many problems with this car.
  • jrs6jrs6 Member Posts: 2
    My car's got all the same problems everyone else has already described...the roof leaked, but was repaired. The front dash constantly rattled, after having taken out a rental car because my car would take longer than a day to repair, the dealership said they could not find any noise or problem and as such that it wasn't a warranty issue, they were going to make me pay for the rental of the car. I simply told them I wasn't going to pay and that I'm not an expert at cars, and had I known that, I would not have gotten a rental. Finally after being an [non-permissible content removed], they took me for a road test and I proved the piece of junk rattled, they settled and I didn't have to pay. I don't know about you, but in a line, that's complete b.s. Why should I have to argue and battle with the dealership in order to have my car repaired under warranty when there's clearly a valid problem? Now I'm getting a loud "thunking' sound when i turn the wheel...i've read this is a power steering motor problem. On top of that, the sun roof shade rattles non stop, and the dealership said it's normal and can't be fixed...Oh, and my shocks make an annoying high pitched squeaking noise when going over bumps. This car is a complete lemon...I hate having to pay for this car, and I've only had it 8 months...I've tried to sell it, but any car lot or dealership I've gone to will only give me between 14-17000$..That's horsecrap! GM better do something quick. There's no good excuse for my car to only be worth half of what I paid not even a year ago! I even tried selling private, and nobody will take it...I even tried lowering the price to $22 000 and taking an $8000 loss..that's how desperate I am to get rid of this thing....I thought I would be loyal to GM as I'm Canadian and I wanted to show support for a domestic product---never again..GM can go under for all I care period, cause losing a $30 000 investment is enough to lose my vote, and judging by this forum, it appears as though I'm not the only one!
  • ajay5ajay5 Member Posts: 10
    My wet seatbelts disappeared when the sunroof drains were repaired properly. I have electrical issues. The car was delivered with no interior backlighting at night. Only the dash and radio lit. The power windows stopped working twice. Now I have no interior backlighting, no taillights and the window indexing on one side is out. It's always a one day fix at the dealer. Aside from this I really like the car but I feel my electrical system was screwed up at the factory somehow and will it ever be fixed completely? Probably not.
  • hillsg6hillsg6 Member Posts: 10
    Since the last few pages of messages have been negative, I figured I'd put in a good word for an update. I now have just under 10,000 miles on my car and I've had it exactly a year today (hard to believe it's been that long already, I still feel like it's new!) The only problem I've had is the drain leak which was repaired in the recall. However, since I live in Miami, and it likes to torrentially downpour, somehow the water was leaking into my trunk as well, and it was enough to cause my bass and my amplifier to short out. So the dealership also replaced those. Other than that, I have had no problems.

I get tons of compliments on the car and I love it!
    after finally having enough issues with the bugs in my car interior lights (we're talking real, live bugs and dead ones falling from the interior lights and headliner while driving - 2-3 per minute...almost causing me to wreck) i contacted GM - Again. My car is out of warranty (53000 miles) but i had reported this problem while under warranty and the delatership told me I was leaving the lights on and it was my own fault.

so I had taken the car to a University of Illinois agrinomist to see if the car had a bug infestation or if they were different - they were different.

So GM told me to go to a dealer. This time i tried a new dealership that didn't tell me i was leaving the lights on...this dealership dropped the headliner and even they said it was full of bugs, even dead bugs were dropping out of the holes when they were unscrewing it.

Here's the bad part - I had to pay the diagnostic fee $70 for them to look at something that should have been taken care of with the first dealership. At least this time my Pontiac rep from GM customer service is working with me. But they have to find a solution for the problem before they'll refund me the money. It's not alot, but it's the priciple of the matter.

GM keeps telling the dealership that they've never had this problem before. I've directed them to this site. I beg you - please let me know of any dealership (and location) that you've taken your car if it's had bug issues or if you've called GM.
  • aggiealexaggiealex Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I see your just about where I am with BBB, what ever happened with your arbitration hearing. Please let me know!
    I have already took the car in 6 times for my seatbelts getting wet, 4 of the 6 were supposedly drainage hoses in sunroof, other 2 were from window or weatherstrip. My 7th time in was for my steering gear which created a popping noise, and my radio went out. speaker distorted! My problems started after 4months of having this car. To frustrating, seems like a lot of people have had similar problems. Good Luck To all!!
  • flyshy1flyshy1 Member Posts: 6
    The latest defect on my 06 G6 GTP 6 speed... I left on a trip to Lafayette Ind. last Thursday evening. stopped on I-90 for fuel a bite to eat. Came out to hit the highway and
    pushed in the clutch and turned the key.... nothing, no starter, had power,lights, radio but no starter... tried a couple more times.. finally bump started it.. ran all the way to Lafayette ~ 9 more hrs.. never turned it off. check engine light also came on... ran close to 75 whole trip.. 29.8 MPG not bad.. car started okay all weekend and returned east with no problems. Went into the shop today to replace the stering intermediate shaft and (i assume) another machine job on the pulsating rotors again... dealer just called to say the senor on the clutch pedal is bad (reason for the check engine light~ that went out on the way home) so they found the reason... bad news is there is no pedals available anywhere.. just like the alternator which went south and took a week to get replacement... so now I get to play russian roulette everytime I have to start the car.. will the senor allow the car to start or not??? Dealer's not sure how long for replacement to appear.
    let's count... 6 speed shifter defective, no reverse, no getting the key out.. fixed in 3 days, alternator 7 days for replacement, clutch pedal sensor..... how long...stay tuned...
    Not sure if you've had a response yet, they should work, check to make sure that there is enough room for the brake assembly. I was goingto put on snow tires but decided not to. The stock tires worked fine... I'm in Calgary so we get pretty messed up weather.
  • synigalsynigal Member Posts: 2
    Hey jrs6 it sounds like you are definitely qualified for the lemon law on this car. I too have had problems with my G6 GTP but they are small issues that my dealer has been working hard to repair. It appears now that after the servie manager came to my house this morning at 6am to see what I was talking about that he could not duplicate it is a computer problem. I am taking into dealer on Monday getting another rental at their cost and it will be there until it is fixed to my satisfaction. They have one more try after this one and then it is will lemon law filing time. I WILL NOT PAY FOR A LEMON!!
    GOOD LUCK
  • imrufedupimrufedup Member Posts: 1
    I received my 07 G6 in may and have issues with the paint .
    the whole car has dirt specks under the paint.
    has anyone had similar problems,GM is reviewing my claim
    :mad:
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,635
    Is it true that Pontiac has done away with the GTP 3.6L coupe? All I see on Edmunds is the GT with the 3.5L engine.
    The 3.6L had 252hp which put it in contention with Eclipse (263hp), Altima coupe (270hp) and Accord coupe (268hp for 2008).

If this is true, why did they do this?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

After all the issues with dealers and pontiac themselves blowing me off (e.g. sorry, that's too new, i don't know how to fix that problem or it's your own fault) one customer service person actually got some results. I had bugs dropping in from my sunroof deflector into my roof liner and then filling up and then dropping in the cabin. No One listened to me, i had reported this before my warranty ran out, but to no avail. Jason actually worked with different departments at pontiac to find a solution (an after market wind deflector) and had pontiac pay for it.
    this is only a solution to one of my many problems, but at least i've found one good dealership and one awesome customer service rep!

best of luck to all pontiac g6 owners.
  • uncbelleuncbelle Member Posts: 1
    just wanted to throw my 2 cents in since it seems like others have had similar problems. i first noticed the wet seatbelts after 2 days of heavy rain. then, a few days later my car smelled gross and now i know why! my husband and i pulled apart my backseat and the foam padding and actual foam on the bottom of the seats were soaking wet! we literally wrung out the padding. i have heard people complaining of wet seatbelts - anyone had the backseat wet? have an appt w/ the dealership in 2 days - will bring my recall notice about the sunroof - this seems to fix the problem in most cases, but i was worried since my backseat was so wet - floor, front seats, and trunk were completely dry. i have only had my car for 8 months, but since it appears others have had this problem, i am not as worried.
  • ajay5ajay5 Member Posts: 10
    24,500 miles. Sunroof fixed-no more leaks. No more electrical problems so far. Clunking noise in the steering. Dealer just replaced the steering rack this week. No brake or rotor problems. Gas mileage still great.
  • lleitinglleiting Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 G6 right after I got it the AC went out got the condenser replaced, then the steering was making a popping noise in June took it in it was the steering gears that had to be replaced now in Nov the popping noise returned took it in again it was the steering shaft that went out. I have had problems since the beginning with warped rotors that they won't help with. Also got the sunroof fixed. Anything else?

Frustrated in Az
  • geeshgeesh Member Posts: 2
    I just happened to stumble upon this site as I was looking for information on changing my cars oil on my own. I must say... after reading this thread.. I'm a little frightened about what's to come. I recently just bought a 2006 G6 GTP 6 speed stick.. and haven't had any problems yet.. and I WAS estatic. i think i got a great deal (I got it for under 20K, fully loaded.). I've had it for about 6 months now (already put 12K on it). All in all.. not a single problem. As for the seat belt issues everyone is talking about... where can I get the recall information on that? My cars parked in the garage at night... and I don't recall noticing any wetness (at least not on the driver side). But I want to get it taken car of.. before it gets the point of some of these horror stories. And I'm also guessing that you all will recommend that I hurry and purchase the additional GM warranty (I currently only have the 3yr/36K). Any help would be appreciated.
  • notogmnotogm Member Posts: 1
    The paint all over my 06 G6 is peeling and I bought it brand new 1 1/2 years ago. GM had this same issue years ago with their paint. I had a paint analysis run on it and it's the original paint from the manufacture. GM denied my claim because I was over 36,000 mile warranty. The dealership was amazed that GM did not take care of the problem and were upset as well. I will never buy another GM product as long as I live. GM does not stand behind their product and does not care about the consumer.
  • blackgtblackgt Member Posts: 3
    My 2006 G6 Coupe GT has developed a squeak in the front end going over rough roads at a slow speed the dealer cannot find the problem this car has been in the garage 10 times now for the same problem. does anyone have any suggestions. :mad: :confuse: :(
    fisheye's....common on lower grade paint jobs. Buddy said he's seen them on stock luxury cars too. If anything happens let me know tho. I've had a torrent of problems with my car from the start!
  • mygxpmygxp Member Posts: 2
    i have had a 07 G6 GT sedan for about 9 months now. it has just under 7000 miles and have never had any problem i got every option except onstar and black chrome wheels because they didn't have it available on the lot. and yes i even have the panoramic roof which is the best thing about the car. it's white on black and looks so sweet. i think it's really a shame that the people of this country still are afraid of american cars. all cars have problems and they are usually the same problems put any car in a search engine and you will find at least a 100 pages of problems. but to me the g6 is a better car then a lot out there. it rides better performs better and has some of the best options. the real american leather not that crap [non-permissible content removed] leather live you would find in an accord or camry. remote start that also puts the rear defroster on if it's cold. a great stereo system with 6cd in dash(the needed to put in an i pod jack which they have done for 2008),fog lights, try to find that look on alot of the foreign cars, automatic head lamp control with DRL. o ya my boss bought and accord like 2 years ago and she found out that the $25k accord doesn't even tell here when her washer fluid is low/out, not something you want to find out in the dead of winter when you need it, and ya you get what you pay for the grand old rule! thanks pontiac!
    Did you reply to brag? No one cares how good your car is and no american car will beat the quality and performance of Euro or Japanese vehicles. Yah you get what you pay for but all I know is I am done with North American cars.
    The G6 is a nice ride though, but given all the problems I've had, as well as a lot of other people out there, I won't be purchasing again...I still like most GM vehicles, don't get me wrong, just sick of all the problems.
  • sferrell615sferrell615 Member Posts: 2
    i have an 06 g6 gtp, paid ~ $26k after taxes 1.5 years ago - April '05. i too have had moon roof / water leakage issues (gm paid with recall), steering rack knocking noise when turning at low speeds (gm paid under warranty), uneven wearing of rotors causing my car to shake like crazy when braking while driving down hill (which cost me $180 cause gm says it was wear and tear after 1 year of use, ha!), both chair tilt levers broke off (gm paid under warranty), and a loose bolt in the back seat making noises when hitting bumps (gm paid under warranty). it is amazing how much time i have spent driving to and from the dealership in the last year!!!!!!!!!!! i will never buy a new pontiac again.
    scott
  • lleitinglleiting Member Posts: 2
    On my G6 my ac unit went out just a few months after my purchase, i have had the sterring geers replaced then 4 months later the steering shaft replaced all under warranty but still. Drivers seat tilt. Sun roof leakage repair. Rotors warped as well say its wear and tear but the dealership says the breaks are in good shape yet.Now the engine is starting to sound a little strange now i'm getting more concerned. What did we get ourselves into.
    They robbed you on the rotors. Thats brake pulsation and its covered through warranty- i've had it done twice now. next time they will look a replacement, also covered. Its basically caused by the rotors cooling too fast, like driving for a while or braking a lot and having water splashed onto them, like a big puddle or car wash. It actually warps the rotor and thats why your car shakes/pulsates. That BS about wear & tear. I'd file a complaint. Your rotors won't wear unevenly unless your pads or calipers are messed up - warranty. I've had my g6 gtp coupe for 2 years now. The first pulsation was at 22000km and the second at 44000km, exactly a year apart. I think I should check that steering rack knocking. Is it when you fully crank the wheel? I get just one solid knock.
    The chair levers are crap eh? Mine broke twice and now it always comes loose. Thats what you get when you put plastic on metal huh? My door reflectors have both fallen off, but I just "Gooped" them back in. Back seat bolt?? My driver seat frame bolts have come loose causing a wonderful bouncing effect while driving...I'm in the same boat, but all my stuff has been under warranty, I always insist and they're good at doing it. Take your car into a different dealership. If yours isn't, then go to the largest or main Pontiac dealership in your city. thats what I did.
    Now I'm patiently waiting for the next problem to arise.....
  • g6gtownerg6gtowner Member Posts: 1
    My panoramic roof started making noises within a month after I bought the car. I have had it worked on twice. It still makes noise but not as bad as in the beginning. I hardly open it. Last week I wanted just the very first panel open and placed the dial on "1". The first, second and last panels opened. I turned the dial to close the top and start over again but it would not close. The 3 panels just kept opening and closing. Finally it closed after several attempts, now it will not open. You can hear it trying to open but it will not. This is extremeley frustrating for me. I do not open it enough for anything to be worn out on it. So, now it is useless. I have wrote to GM yesterday and reported the problem and if they do not take care of it I am going to take their reply to my written complaint to my lawyer. I also have a squeaking sound in the front end that I hear when going slowly over rough roads. You have to really listen, but it is there. There are times when my steering rack pops. I had to have the compressor replaced within 9 months of purchase. There is a problem with the rotors. I am 45 years old and this is the first new car I have ever owned. I waited all these years to make a purchase such as this and to have a car with so many issues is very disappointing. I also have the Monsoon stereo system and do not even turn it up very loud and already 2 of the speakers are bad. I will have to have them replaced. When I pay good money for something I expect quality workmanship. It is a shame.
  • nooesangelnooesangel Member Posts: 3
    I too have noise from my panoramic sunroof. I noticed my immediately and have taken back to the dealership several times. The noise is so loud it is impossible for me to use my cell phone. I loved the car and bought it because of the sunroof. Now, I am embarrassed for anyone to drive in my car. I leased the car for three years and the lease doesn't expire until April 2010. I am trying to find a way to get out of my lease. You said you wrote to GM. What address did you use? Good luck with your car.
    Are you in Canada or the states? I am in Calgary and we used to have a G6 GTP with the pano sunroof. It rattled a lot, especially in the winter, but had no major problems with it. In my Coupe, it rattled a while ago, but I had them service it and tighten some stuff up in the track & works fine now. But if you want out of your lease, and are in Canada, check out Lease Busters. They can get someone to take over your lease for you. We got rid of our 4dr G6 in 3 days of listing it. It cost around $250 to sign up, then they do most of the work for you. I'm sure they have something similar in the States too. Good luck!
  • joe4prezjoe4prez Member Posts: 1
    I've had my '06 G6 in the shop 5 times in the past years since I purchased it 1 year used. Yesterday, with 19K mi, I added another major problem to the list. Turns out the cv axle came out from the transmission. Today the dealership is going to look deeper into the problem. Best case scenario is that they can put it back together with a couple of parts. Worst case, I get the transmission rebuilt. Add this to the list of squeaks and rattles, new struts, squeaky brakes, and loose thudding steering. I hope I get it back this weekend b/c I already have appointments set up to purchase another Honda which the G6 replaced in the first place.
    Hmm...err...anyone want to uhh....want to buy a great car? G6 GTP Coupe, Fusion Orange. Runs uh, great?
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    What was the mileage when you purchased this vehicle?

Was it from a dealer or an individual?

Man, it sounds like this car had some really rough treatment before you got into it. Is there any question about warranty coverage?

I know...lots of questions....

Good luck on your repairs!
  • sferrell615sferrell615 Member Posts: 2
    i wish i would have known that the rotors were covered under warranty.
    anyways, i wanted to state that i too have tried to get the dealership to fix the rattling noise that comes from my moon roof when it's up and i hit a bump. it makes my car sound like a POS.
    here comes the worst... i've now had my car in to have the moon roof water leak fixed (at least) 5 times!!!!! first (before the recall) they said it passed the leak test, second they rerouted the drain hoses, third / fourth they replaced the drain hoses (had to take it back in cause they had to wait for the parts after my car had sat at the dealership 2 days), fifth i had extended drain hoses put on, which cost me $120 because they said my previous drain hoses plugged due to normal wear and tear! this was 1 year after i had my previous drain hoses replaced! i went to corporate but they agreed with the dealership. 1 more thing, it still leaks! i'm going to take my car into the dealership again this week (sixth time and counting!).
    i noticed the steering rack most at low speeds when turning at near right angles. it was more than 1 knocking noise... it was several.
    also, i get 1 or more metallic twinking noises when i take off in 1st or reverse. this most often happens in reverse. has anyone heard where this is coming from?!
    i purchased the extended warranty (additional 125k miles, 5 years) for like $1200 at $80/mo. i highly recommend all those with a g6 gtp coupe do the same!
  • lambchoplambchop Member Posts: 24
    we have had the car since May of 2008 - car had 23k on it and we have since put another 25k on it. Car has actually been reasonably solid EXCEPT for the steering shaft. Intermediate steering shaft was diagnosed as faulty and greased, slated for replacement. Steering shaft replaced by dealer (Mertins, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada) Shaft put in misaligned. Shaft re-aligned by original vendor (Barnes Wheaton, Surrey, British Columbia) approximately 2 weeks ago. Steering components making new noises - just noticed today, so not exactly sure what is responsible for the latest pain in my [non-permissible content removed]. Will keep everyone informed. cheers
  • dalefan1dalefan1 Member Posts: 2
    Was wondering if anyone is having the same problem we are. The pan. sunroof on our 2007 g6 got stuck in position 3 and would not close, after several attemps it finally closed. Then a few days later the same thing happend and it wouldn't close at allWe took it to a gm cert. dealer and they had to call gm to find out what to do. GM told them to replace the motor for the sunroof. That seemed to fix the problem. A few days after getting it out of the shop it began to leak, we got that fixed. within a week of being in the shop the second time, I was driving down the road and the sunroof made a noise that made me think the glass had shattered, turns out the shade on the sunroof had broke. Again we put it in the shop. It was returned to us reinstalled wrong, the gm cert. mechanic told us they didn't have alot of training on those types of sunroofs, he actually had to find a car on the lot and take that sunroof apart to see how to fix ours. We now have a problem with wind noise and cracking sounds from the sunroof. It is now in the shop for the 3rd time to fix the sunroof, this after we got it out of the shop for an oil pan leak. The sunroof is driving me CRAZY! It appears to me that GM has no idea how to fix their own product, yet from what I have read, they have to be aware of the problems with these sunroofs. We had this car for a year before the problems started, thankfully we are still under warranty. We have contacted GM and are hoping they will let us out of this car and loan at no loss to us. If anyone has had this problems and know a solution, please help. We feel like we have paid all that extra money for an option on the car that is usless!
  • dalefan1dalefan1 Member Posts: 2
    I have several of the same problems, My pan. sunroof got stuck open. I had to put it in the shop to get it fixed, GM told the dealer to replace the motor, then the shade that covers the sunroof broke, it is now in the shop for the 3rd time for sunroof problems. My g6 is a 2007 model was wondering what yours is. We have a popping sound all the time in the car that sounds like a car sounds when it is cooling off. We have contacted GM and are hopeful they will make it right. We had an envoy and traded it when the lease was up for the G6, BAD MISTAKE! We bought this car rather than doing a lease thinking in 5 years we'd have no more car payments for awhile, our warranty will soon be up on the car and we are worried on top of the car payment we will have regular maintainence bills on the sunroof. Have you found a solution?
  • lisa106lisa106 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any trouble with their electrical systems? My car is 4 years old and it has been a mess for quite some time. The first thing that went wrong was my door handle. I went to open the door and the handle just came off in my hand. I had the car about a year at that time. I took it to the dealer. They told me that wasn't covered under the warranty and then told me it would cost me $235.00 to fix. It's a door handle! $235.00 seriously!? Then my starter, alternator, AND ECM went out! That got me for about $1400.00! Can anybody say OUCH! And the the check engine light is STILL on for the ECM! Then my clutch actuator cylinder went out and they had to replace that as well as the clutch plate. And even though the part that was covered under the warranty caused the clutch plate to go out I still had to pay $225.00 for it. Now my temperature gauge and my air conditioner are out! I hate this car! I too called GMAC. They don't care. The dealerships do whatever they want and we are helpless against them. And if you complain they rip you off worse. After they kept my car a whole week without providing me with transportation (it cost me $300.00 to rent a car for the week) Finally I called and complained to the manager at the dealership. They gave me a car to drive but then promptly kept mine another whole week! I hate to admit it but I will not be buying American again. I will look into an import. I have always owned American, but the Americans who are running things are jacking me around so I won't go there again. When you pay that much money for something you expect it to work like they promised it would.
  • synigalsynigal Member Posts: 2
    due to many issues with the G6 I owned I recently got rid of it and traded it in on a 2011 Cruze. Love the car no issues so happy to be rid of the pontiac. good luck
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    lisa106,

I apologize for the problems you have are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you contacted GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • ronp7ronp7 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I also have a 2008 g6 coupe. It has only 12000 miles. I bought it in March 2011. Just 2 months into owning it the exterior driver side door handle just broke off. I went to dealer and they said it wasnt covered under warraty, but they fixed it for free anyways. Then just 4 days ago (less than 6 months owning and just 2 months after fixing) the same exterior handle broke off in my hand. The dealership ia fixing again for free, but now Im worried that I might have more serious issues ahead and if it breaks again they might not fix for free. I hate the feeling of not knowing.