Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Murano 2006

up4styleup4style Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Nissan
Just dropped by a Nissan dealer and the 2006 Muranos are soon in production, ready for delivery mid-October.
NEW UPDATES as per the sales manager:
Exterior: new grill, new tail lights, new colors, new wheel styles
Interior: New 7" LCD info screen (like the FX-45's) standard with rear-view camera on all models, new center console, other interior redesigns...
There were rumors they were fixing the cheap feeling interior, I hope it is true...

Comments

• pmendupmendu Member Posts: 14
    AWEEEEESOME!!! :)
    They will also have IPOD integration PACKAGE, using that 7" Navigation Screen....

http://www.Apple.com/pr/library/2005/jan/11cars.html

So u can use ur 7" Navigation Screen, to see song name and control IPOD w/o touching actual IPOD :)))

But $2800 !! :(
  • murano_ownermurano_owner Member Posts: 64
    I say just put a 20" LCD in there and get it over with. Kidding! I am really curious to know why they changed the grill. It was supposed to be one of the "artistic" features of the murano. I bet he was probably referring to the piece of plastic grill in the lower bumper. I will have to roll into a Nissan dealer this fall and do some comparisons.
  • droodroo Member Posts: 35
    Not sure this really means anything, but...

NHTSA crash test site:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/3606.html

They say it's a 2006, looks like the current wheels and grill...does anyone see anything different here from the current model? I can't view the side crash test video to see if there are any other visual clues...
  • rx10rx10 Member Posts: 3
    from here u can tell it is wrong, clearly it is not a 2005 or 2006 model, it is a 2004

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/3657.html
    ...it shows the same photos for the 2005 crash test:

http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/3150.html

Not sure what the CR-V link is for...I guess it's basically the same thing, a 2005 photo on a page that says 2006...why would they post pages with old photos and info for new models they haven't tested yet? :confuse: :)
    Some interesting sales info from nissannews.com:

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS
    · Best month ever for Nissan Division
    · July sales for Nissan-brand vehicles of 93,905 units were up 20.5 percent when compared to last year with 80,935 units sold
    · Murano (7,550 units sold) and Titan (9,114) had their best month ever; Altima (24,865), Pathfinder (8,249), and Armada (3,909) had their best July
    · Calendar year-to-date sales are up 17.3 percent with 570,202 units sold

:) Oh, yeah, there was also this:

Murano
    To maintain Murano’s fresh look in 2006, Nissan adds several refinements, including two new colors. 

Enhancements to the 2006 Murano:
    · New wheel design and restyled front grille
    · Brushed aluminum roof rail (SE)
    · Chrome accent lower front bumper
    · Chrome accent fog lamp rings and side sills (SL, SE)
    · Brushed aluminum rear bumper protector
    · LED rear combination lamps
    · Enhanced driver instrumentation to improve both daytime and nighttime visibility
    · 7-inch LCD color display standard on all models
    · Audio system adds the ability to play mp3 CDs
    · Illuminated steering wheel controls
    · Added Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
    · RearView Monitor standard on SL and SE
    · New Leather Package
    · New interior color – Hazelnut, and new exterior colors – Sunset Red and Brilliant Silver

Props to gstyve01 at nissanmurano.org, he found it.
    Hmmm no mention of IPOD integration or Redesign interior cheap look ?? :(
    ...thought we might also see some of the handling mods/improvements from the Euro version.
    I think the biggest improvement for 2006 will be an alternator that does not break ;)
    ...won't that deprive newcomers like me from having the true Murano experience?

:P ;)
  • ybmybm Member Posts: 5
    *pout* We have an 04 and are going to purchase a second one. I can't find what I want in the remaining 05 stock here in the NoVa area. Oh well, the upgrades sound good, I just hope the price doesn't go through the roof with them.
  • kenziekenzie Member Posts: 1
    With all these new improvements, where is the locking gas cap? : :confuse: :
  • scottm_djscottm_dj Member Posts: 2
    Boy...considering this is supposedly coming out in just a few weeks, they are keeping this pretty low-key. I found this page and especially noticed the audio system shot (looks nice so US probably wont get it) :)...and wonder if it's the new 2006 model. I was looking for a few features of the newest model and they hit 2 of my 3 wishes. Restyling of the (flat out ugly) grill...check. mp3 playability (finally!!!)...check. TELESCOPING steering wheel, which is needed for my 6'7" frame...uneasy feeling not. What is it with crossovers/SUVs not having this??? Subaru Tribeca doesn't either!

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos.cfm/photoid/3050601.001/nissan/1.html
    See nissannews.com, in the Photos and Multimedia section for the only US model 2006 photos I know of.

Grill barely counts as a redesign. If you don't like the current one, you won't like the "new" one.

We do not get the Japanese center stack. When I first saw that link you posted, I thought for sure we'd see it on the US version, but no.

Still haven't seen any pricing or ext/int color options yet. They sure are keeping a tight lid on any Murano info. Wonder if that means we won't see the '06 models at the dealers until even later this year, seems like they didn't show up til November last year...
    Thanks for the link. The pics were nice. I kind of don't like the swiss cheese rear lights, the grill looks about the same and the interior just got a little extra in it. I do like how the dials light up though. I really like the chrome roof rails and the running boards. Other than that its still looks the same. No one but a Murano owner could tell the difference.
  • jordangjordang Member Posts: 7
    I purchased the new Pathfinder about two months ago. My wife drives a Maxima, our 4th one, and decided that she really enjoys the pathfinder feel and sitting higher up. After telling her that we will not have two Pathfinders, she started looking at the Murano and the FX35. After having the Murano and FX over the weekend, she decided the Murano has a much better ride. We are trying to decide if we should wait for the 06 or make a deal on one that we located at the dealer.

I noticed on the high res image that it appears that the 06 Murano will offer the autoshift feature, just like the FX35. Does anyone have any idea when they will make the official announcement?
    Not sure where you think autoshift was visible in the photos. If you are referring to the auto button, that comes standard in all Muranos for temperature control. Nissan Is only adding mostly cosmetic upgrades. Nothing major to the mechanics of the car for 2006.
  • jimc16jimc16 Member Posts: 21
    My wife and I just got back from the California Auto Show in Anaheim. Our main purpose in going was to look at and sit in the 2006 Murano. Parking was $9 and admission was $10 each, so we had $29 invested just to get in the door, but we figured it would be worth it. Her lease is up in a few weeks and she really likes the Murano, and she really wanted to see the 2006. Nissan had one 2005 and two 2006's on display, except both 2006's were locked and they would not unlock it. That was very disappointing. We were there about 15 minutes after the show opened and the floor was empty, seems like they could have opened one for us, but the absolutely would not. They also would not tell us when they would be available from the dealers, or the prices, which is really stupid on their part. If we knew that the 2006's would be available in 4-5 weeks, we could rent a car for a few weeks after her lease was up if we had to.

Having the car at the show without an availability date, prices and having the doors locked, is like building a model home and furnishing it, but not letting anyone in to see it, not having a price and not telling prospective buyers when they can expect to move in. I guess this is part of Nissan's "Shift" marketing.

We did have the opportunity to look at the offerings from Toyota, Subaru and Honda, but the big surprise was the Hyundai. Slightly less SUV, lot less money. I would say it is worth a look.
  • taylormade2taylormade2 Member Posts: 2
    Not sure why you think autoshift isn't visible in the photos murano_owner. If you look at the photo of the gear selector, it clearly shows the gate that will allow manual up and down shifts. This is a 6 speed feature emulated by the CVT.
  • moparmikey1965moparmikey1965 Member Posts: 2
    I have been trying every where to find a color sample of the Sunset Red that is coming. the Nissan news site above only has the brilliant silver in the gallery. Any thoughts?

They supposedly started building the 06 this month (October) and we should start seeing them in the Detroit area by December (local dealer stated this) but they still do not have brochures or prices on these. I can't even get any information on the 2006 at the Nissanusa website. Whats going on?
  • avoguyavoguy Member Posts: 11
    I'm waiting for an 2006 in the hopes they have improved the interior quality. On Oct 1st my dealer said the new ones would arrive in a couple weeks. I'm now wondering if Nissan is delaying the introduction of the 2006 model until they can work through what appears to be a large inventory of 2005s.
    I think it was at least November and maybe December when the 05 Muranos arrived last year, way after all the other Nissan models. The first post in this thread also talks about a dealer saying October arrival for the 06. I don't believe it, I'd think mid to late November at the earliest.

They haven't released the option and pricing info or availability dates at all for the Mo; they started releasing this info for all their other models back in August, and finished up in mid-September.

Inventory around here still appears fairly steady, and at least one dealer seems to have gotten more 05s within the past month or so. They have 2006s available for every vehicle except the Mo.

Nissannews.com seems to be the first place any new info shows up, I check it every day. Kinda frustrating not knowing what's up beyond the basics covered in the August news release and photos there.
  • moparmikey1965moparmikey1965 Member Posts: 2
    Nissanusa.com now updated with 2006 Murano. Looks like the base price has gone up $350. The Sunset Red looks HOT.

Best regards,
    Mike
    I really like the new chrome roof rack and the chrome running boards. The dash lights and joystick are a lot better too. I wonder what the difference between the original sheer silver and the new silver is
  • scott_schapiroscott_schapiro Member Posts: 4
    The pricing was released on the first and Edmunds should have it up shortly.
  • jamessahaljamessahal Member Posts: 55
    Its on the Nissan USA site now!!
    It looks nice but its not like it was in desperate need in being updated, but it just helps if it looks a bit fresher. Does anybody know if this model will be coming to the UK?
    And does it have an iPod connector? When i was on the site i didnt notice anything about it except for the fact that it can now play MP3 C.D's. Rather have an iPod connector though wouldnt you?!!?
  • scott_schapiroscott_schapiro Member Posts: 4
    I was talking about the invoice, or dealer cost, not the MSRP or retail price.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Member Posts: 27
    I had a 2003 Murano that I recently sold and replaced it with a 325i. What a mistake.

I was looking at the 2006, but I have no interest in anything but a loaded out SE. The problem is I have absolutely not need or desire for AWD.

In the low 30's the Murano is good buy. Upper 30's it is just too high.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Went by the local Nissan Dealer in Tampa, FL
    this past Sunday morning, December 4. Not one 2006 to be seen on the lot. What's more, I saw only two 2005's on the lot. Boy, this is strange!
  • jerryfjerryf Member Posts: 6
    Not sure which dealership you went to but a couple days ago the one on Fletcher had some- including the new deep red color
  • off3off3 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased an 06 Murano SL AWD that came with carpeted floor mats. I am looking a set of all rubber mats (no carpet) that are form fitting like the oem. Also would not like to spend a fortune. I would prefer to pick them up at a store but will order online. Appreciate any help.
    o.f.f.
  • ricksoflaricksofla Member Posts: 5
    Love this SUV- Save my paint............ :confuse:
    Does anyone have information on whether the 06 bumper skid plate will fit earlier models? ('03).

Rick
  • inventrinventr Member Posts: 4
    In the 2006 Murano brochure they list a new interior color called Hazelnut. Does anyone know where I can find a photo of that interior online? Also heard of a new exterior color called "Airstream" that is supposed to come out later this year. I read this on Nissan's website.
  • panamapetepanamapete Member Posts: 9
    If anybody from Nissan reads this forum, I hope an IPOD or other MP3 player connection, placed in the center console, becomes a dealer installed option, so that those of us who may purchase a Murano before it is a standard item can obtain one that interfaces seamlessly with the rest of the vehicle's audio system.
  • raj5raj5 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a new 2006 model. It supposedly has MP3 CD playing capabilities. However, my car's player wont play the MP3 CD's that work fine on other MP3 players (including ones in other car models). Anyone hear of a problem with MP3 playing capability on the new Murano?
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I asked an internet sales manager at Gillman Nissan about the mp3 playback capability, he said that we would have to get the Premium package.
  • _mako__mako_ Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 Murano SL with Touring Package. It has the 6 disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 and WMA playback. According the manual there is a couple bit rates it will not play. It also may have problems with certain brands of CD-Rs or CD-RWs. I would recommend trying other brands of discs and perhaps check the bitrate of your recordings.

Check your owners manual. :)

If this vehicle only had Bluetooth & iPod integration, it would absolutely ROCK! :P
  • alanpghalanpgh Member Posts: 13
    I think it currently rocks in these areas or will soon.

I am in the process of putting a bluetooth phone in my new '06 Murano. Putting a Nokia 6256i bluetooth phone from Verizon Wireless in my MO. Using Nokia CK-7W car kit. I think it also has a remote to answer calls and adjust the volume from a control that mounts on the steering wheel. I'll keep you posted on this one.

As far as the iPod goes, there will likely be an interface module from Nissan in a few months. In the meantime, there are many options. The PAC AAI-NIS2 module is said to be a good approach for now for a direct connection (w/o FM modulator). Also, some people recommend the Harmon Kardon Drive + Play. Check out the following:
    http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/default2.aspx
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2ahXdw...770&cc=01&wm=tn

You may also want to check out the Nissan Murano Forum at:
    http://www.nissanmurano.org/

Please let us know if any of you find additional information on iPod interfaces for the Murano.

Good Luck!

Alan
    alanpgh@gmail.com
  • powerglide1powerglide1 Member Posts: 5
    Would love to hear about your bluetooth phone adaptations!
  • deedacdeedac Member Posts: 1
    Any advice out there on choosing the Dynamic Control Package on a 2006 SL 4WD Murano? I'm hoping to purchase a Murano soon. My dilema is the package/options. Since I want a sunroof and thought I wanted dynamic control/traction control - I am stuck getting the leather seats in the touring package. I think I prefer the non-leather seats. Do I throw out the Dynamic Control Package for this though? Seems like an important option - anyone out there know how well it works and if it's worth having.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    -D
  • countsscountss Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an 06 Murano and love it, with the exception of the CTV. When driving in a situation where you need take off power it simply has none. When I pull out into traffic,I can push the accelator down until the tach is reading 5000 rpm and have no take off power at all (feels like a badly slipping transmission). Since I am new to a CVT I"m not sure if I have a problem or not. It seems that this could cause accidents because of moving slow at take off. If anyone has any suggestions please reply.
    Thanks
  • khriskhris Member Posts: 1
    Several reviews give the 2006 Murano transmission a less than average rating and I noticed in the forums that a lot of e older muranos had transmission problems. Has anyone had transmission problems with the 2006? I have always driven a manual but I am getting an automatic this time to keep my wife happy and I really have no idea what it should feel like when I test drive the car. Thanks, khris :confuse:
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I got to spend four days with a Nissan Murano
    rental for a trip to visit my family down
    in Homestead, Fl and the Fl Keys. I also
    noticed that the low-end power seemed really
    weak. I'm leasing a 2002 Nissan Maxima and
    there's definitely a difference in low-end
    power between the two cars. And, of course,
    I know the Murano is heavier than the Max,
    but I'm really spoiled with the power that my
    Max has.
    Unfortunately, I've pretty much scratched the
    Murano off my list for my next car due to
    the lack of power. It's not too bad in the
    upper RPM's, but... I like my get-up-and-go!

Also, another trait that I seemed to notice
    about the CVT tranny was, I believe, in the
    upper RPM's, when you need to accelerate,
    there seems to be this droning sound that I
    did not find very attractive. I'm still not
    too sure about these CVT trannies. The 2007
    Maxima is going to have the CVT tranny. I'm
    interested to see how it performs with the
    new tranny and with the supposed "droning"
    noise.
  • stldonstldon Member Posts: 21
    I would like to hear the current thinking of purchasing an extended warranty. I am getting my new Murano tomorrow and there is some price reduction, that expires at the end of June, for an extended warranty. It is still a lot of money, don't have the exact figure with me, but around $1500 to basically double the initial bumper to bumper warranty. Have folks been purchasing this? Have they been waiting until the end of the original warranty and presumably Nissan will offer some type of extension?
  • soh2soh2 Member Posts: 3
    Check under the topic Nissan Murano: Problems and Fixes. There are multiple posts regarding what you are talking about. It is often related to a faulty TPS which sends no error codes and is hard to duplicate by a mechanic. Nissan is not acknowledging this as a problem yet, but you can see by the number of posts that it has been a problem for many owners. I personally started having the acceleration problem after only 300 miles on my 2006, and the dealership has checked over the transmission extensively but refuses to replace the TPS based on the online postings, although other owners have had success by showing those postings to their dealers. It is dangerous, as you mentioned, which makes it all the more frustrating when the dealership says they can find nothing wrong but won't look "outside the box" for a fix!
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    link title

GARDENA, Calif. (July 3, 2006) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reports sales of 75,154 units in June, which is a decrease of 19.0 percent from the prior year. While NNA’s Nissan Division posted a decrease of 18.9 percent over last year, the Murano had its best ever June

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS

· Murano saw record sales for June, with 6,617 units sold marking a 2.6 percent increase from one year ago.· :)

2007 Nissan Murano

The 2007 Nissan Murano crossover sport utility vehicle continues to combine innovative design and multipurpose SUV functionality with sport sedan-like ride and performance. Murano is powered by a 240-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 rated at 244 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT for smooth, quiet, responsive acceleration and improved gas mileage.

The Nissan Murano was ranked number one in its segment in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study.

Features of the 2007 Murano include:
    · Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    · Driver and passenger seatbelt warning lamps
    ;)

Also highlighting the changes for 2007 is the expanded application of Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVTä (Continuously Variable Transmission), which is newly available in the Maxima, Altima, Sentra and Versa (as well as continuing as standard equipment on the 2007 Murano). The Xtronic CVT is a responsive, fuel-efficient transmission design that offers the feel of “one gear,” and eliminates the “steps” between gears for a far smoother drive than traditional automatic transmissions. Also, Nissan’s Intelligent Key keyless entry system is offered as an option in a number of 2007 models.
  • tboudrottboudrot Member Posts: 7
    Hi..

I saw a 2005 Nissan Murano SE at a dealership. The list price was 34K and it had a 5K discount. It is now 2 years old since the manufacture date is June 2005. I know I should get a deeper discount than 5K, but what is a reasonable price to pay for this model? Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.