Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Shelby GT500

15678911»

Comments

• rhellerrheller Member Posts: 61
    Shelbydude et al: Does anyone happen to know if there will be anything that visually distinguishes a 2008 GT500 from a 2007 model year?

If you were a gambling man, what is your bet on a 2009 model year being produced?

Thanks.
  • shelbydudeshelbydude Member Posts: 90
    Only difference would be 08 has a couple new options. Ambiet lighting and HID headlamps. One new color which is Vapor and replaces tungsten. A few different color stripe options, such as silver on black instead of tungsten and black available on grabber orange.

No for 2009! At least according to Ford and SVT. They keep saying NO for a 2009 GT500. So 2008 is suppose to be it! 2008 production has also been decreased to only 8,000 units which is a few thousand less than what was built in 2007.
    Thank you for your reply shelbydude. It sure would be nice if FoMoCo would do something ever so slightly to distinguish model years, such as displaying the rear "Shelby" logo across the rear for 2008. But beggars can't be choosy.
    I have a DORA in hand, but no build date or vin # yet. I still have my fingers crossed, because of the decrease in production numbers for '08. I am #1 on the list for the 2008 model year, so I have been told.
  • bri66bri66 Member Posts: 220
    Randy any word yet on a vin#? I will be leaving in two weeks for the Dearborn plant tours. It would be great for me to see yours being built. Let me know if you have any word yet and I will talk to the assembly line workers and make sure they do a good job for you. HA! HA!

4,400 miles now on mine and loving every minute of it. :shades:
    Well, Brian and shelbydude...I met with my sales manager for the second time today, and he basically said they have no idea yet with regard to build date or vin #. However, he was kind enough to provide me with the 5 digit dealer code. How does one use this to "call up the order number" into "CONCEPTS" within the Ford's dealer system for a status update?
  • fastforagirlfastforagirl Member Posts: 14
    I got my GT500 in Feb, too, after five month wait. I want to send in a 'body part' to CS for an autograph, any suggestions as to which part I should pull and send? I love the car, although I did have to have some warranty work done a couple of weeks ago. Have yet to see another one on the road.
    Why is this forum dead? :cry:

Stangsunleashed.com has re-formatted their folder, and it's no longer user friendly, i.e., a hassle to read a message thread.

I discovered that FoMoCo does not offer a locking gas cap for the Mustang. Does anyone know if an after market locking gas cap is available for the new GT500? Thanks.
  • ivytreehillivytreehill Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new here.

We'd been looking for a Shelby GT500 for nearly a year and I had been lurking on these forums. After basically hiring someone to track one down for us, we bought one the first week of January, and are taking delivery this week. I hope I remember how to drive a stick, or I am relying upon the nice man with the flatbed to drive it into the garage.

I am nervous about getting into color combinations and dealerships because I'm new here, but suffice it to say, my husband got the car of his dreams. He was so out of his mind with excitement, that during the paperwork, he forgot his own social security number. (Fortunately, I know it.)

I have a great husband who gave me a lovely diamond ring 20 years ago. I was so overwhelmed at the time. I saw that same look for the first time last week in my husband's eyes. It is so wonderful to see him so thrilled.

I'm here to learn as much as I can in order to help him enjoy his dream car.

thanks!

Sarah
    Hi, Sarah: This forum has just about died, but perhaps will rise again now that stangsunleashed appears to be no more. I placed my deposit on a new GT500 in February 2007. I spoke with SVT a couple of days ago to discover my car is built and awaiting detailing. From there it must be scheduled for transport. Since I live in NH and it has been such a wicked winter, the car will of course immediately go in the garage.
    Tell us a little more about your acquisition, model year, color and options. Should you have questions, I will try and answer them based on my readings of other forums. Congratulations and Enjoy.
    Looks like Sarah flew the coop. I took delivery on my 2008 GT500 about a week ago here in the dead of a NH winter. I managed to get it into the garage without kicking up too much salt and sand.
    Back in college days, I owned a '68 GT500. I was the second owner. My only complaint was that it had an AT. It gave me only 12 mpg around town, but gasoline was a lot cheaper back then.
    If interested in expanding on this conversation, let's hear from you.
  • bri66bri66 Member Posts: 220
    Randy, set-up an album here on your car-space and let us see your new toy. Congrat's on your delivery. You will be very happy with it. :shades:
  • VENMOUSVENMOUS Member Posts: 1
    Ford does make a locking gas cap.
    Numberon box
    FC-1056
    7G1Z-9030-A
    Got mine from "Better Air" in August dealers shold have them too.
    VENMOUS
  • mike189mike189 Member Posts: 24
    $62k for a mustang ????????????????????????????????
    aaaaahhhh see your nearest shrink quick
    should have got a bmw m3
    say 5 hail marys and you might be foregiven ,then maybe not
  • mdskeetermdskeeter Member Posts: 1
    I have the 2007.

As to gas mileage. I drove it from TX to MD and got almost 27 mpg on the road driving 5-10 miles over the speed limit. You can't get that all the time, but on longgg stretches of continuos driving, like 3/4 of a tank, you can.

Also, the small tank is fun on long trips because it forces you to make rest stops to refuel at the appropriate intervals.

Lastly, saw some new 2008s in May-Junn time frame that were way under sticker, about $48K. Don't remember the particulars as I wasn't in the market.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2012
    Shelby had been at the center of sports car enthusiasm in America since the early 1950s, first as a racing driver, then as a car builder and motorsports team owner, and finally as an entrepreneur who was on a first-name basis with the foremost automotive industrialists of his time.

It might be said that Carroll Shelby invented his own style of sports car, a unique combination of a lightweight European-style chassis and durable American V8 power. This vision changed shape through the years, as the Shelby Cobra gave way to the Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ford Mustang GT350, Ford Mustang GT500, Dodge Shelby Charger, Dodge Viper RT/10, Shelby Series 1, Ford Shelby Cobra Concept, Ford Shelby GR-1 and Ford Shelby GT500. Yet Shelby was always talking about one car — a uniquely American sports car that could measure up to Europe's finest.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/carroll-shelby-larger-than-life.html

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

"With enough power to corrupt the most virtuous among us, at a price that is not so far out of reach, the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 will likely be one of the most memorable Mustangs of all time."
    Read the whole review.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22
    Anyone know what ford motor credit's residual and money factor (interest as they use) is for both the 2012 and 2013 the GT500? Also US Bank if you have their#'s handy as they tend to be pretty pretty healthy (I leased both my 2011 GT/Brembo and 2012 GT/Brembo with them (and lot of other cars in the past).

24 or 36 month lease/10K miles a year (money factor or interest as ford uses and residual value) for both Ford Motor Credit and US Bank is handy.

Credit i s 750+

(btw, the 2011 was totaled - not my fault) and the 2012, I got hit, drivers side impact. The 2012 had a bunch of issues, I think related to build/time frame.... engine grenade'd @ 2700 miles on the odometer (oil issue, cam caps went and then took everything with it. They replaced it with new engine. Then the power train computer failed completely - they couldn't even community with it at the dealership. Luckily was turning around in a drive way... if I was driving and at speed... would have been a nasty accident. No power steering, brakes, etc.. dash and everything in it lit up like a xmas tree in red.

Net... Ford bought the car back in full... got a check for down payment and all payments made to date + tax and they got the keys back. Didn't even have to fight (which I expected). Perhaps the noting of their liability if my wife or 2 yr old was in the car and if anything happened to them... O dogress.

Also have a corporate account with Ford Motor Credit if it matters.

I assume there might be some good #'s on the 2012's... as they are likely collecting dust on lots with the released 2013's....
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Does Ford even offer leases on GT500s?
  • lawrenzo1lawrenzo1 Member Posts: 4
    They do. My 2014 is arriving in 2 weeks and I will be leasing it. It would help if someone had the lease numbers so I was prepared before I saw the dealer though??
    Hi, lawrenzo1 -- your question over there may have been overlooked. Maybe try posting it again?
    Mustang Lease Questions Forum

Be sure to come back after you see the dealer to let us know what kind of deal you got!

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles