Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Equus

124»

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    I guess you would be talking about those with the same reasoning that laid down $30k for an Azera or $40k for a Genesis, huh?

Did you ever think that everyone may not want to fork over $75k+ just to have a luxury car? Have you sat in an Equus, much less driven it? I think before you start making statements, do some research on your own (don't just listen to what others think about the brand). You might actually be surprised at what you find.

Personally, I have sat in an Equus already and it is clearly head and shoulders above anything Hyundai has put out to date. It's also on line to compete against the likes of the Benz S-Class and the Lexus LS...with ease. Please note, I did not say equal them...the Equus will definitely give them a run for their money. Not only that...save the buyer around $20k. :P
  • clingenpeelclingenpeel Member Posts: 1
    I took delivery of my Hyundai Equus Signature on January 7 and signed the paperwork at my kitchen table. I am highly pleased with the driving experience. My wife has a S class mercedes and this compares well. I traded an E class Mercedes for the car and it is much better. I now have 2900 miles on it and it is averaging 23 miles per gallon. On one five hour trip over flat terrain I got 27.6 MPG. The car needs a power trunk lid. This is the best value for the money of any car that I have ever owned
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    Yesterday, I happened to be in my '08 Azera Ultimate with my father in his brand new 2011 Equus Ultimate following me and I noticed whenever he used the blinkers to change lanes, the corresponding headlight (assuming just DRL) would go out. Is that the expected/intended behavior? I thought it was kind of odd, but on second thought the fact is it would make the turn signal more apparent and just thought I would run it by everyone here.

By the way - driving his new Equus yesterday was indeed a treat. Although I'm not in the market to move up quite to the level of the reclining rear seat with refrigerator under my left elbow, I'm seriously considering going to a V6 Genesis next year. Hopefully all the lessons they have learned with the pre-delivery inspections and everything for the Equus will flow downhill to the other "high end" Hyundais!

His vehicle got a two-week shake-down by Hyundai/USA engineers between the time it arrived at the port and when they would make delivery of it, and I'm assuming they are going over everything with a fine-toothed comb to make certain everything is 100%.

By the way, even though he purchased from the same dealership, they are saying they don't owe me a payment for the referral because the salesman is different. Sounds kind of like the dealer's making more than his extra $4000 above MSRP to me, and they could hop off $100 or so. Has anyone else run into this situation? My father drove my Azera for a few weeks back about a year ago when he was first thinking about going "down" from his previous 5 Lexus LS4x0 series vehicles to the top-end Equus. Of course, it was nothing like what he's driving - just a proving point that there was a huge difference in where Hyundai was 10 years ago and where they are today. I asked at lunch yesterday and he did inform the salesman that I was the person that "hooked them up". As far as I know he's got the 2nd Equus sold in South Carolina, a beauty in the pearl-coat white with cashmere interior, as opposed to the previous silver one we both saw two months ago on the dealership lot.
  • cadillacforumscadillacforums Member Posts: 3
    I would definitely ask this headlight/signal question to the group over at EquusOwners.com...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ladriver2ladriver2 Member Posts: 3
    Just got my Equus 8/17/12 (3 days ago). Traffic part of navigation was not working out the door. Called Sirius customer service, who told me they could not fix it, and that in 7-10 business days, someone would call me to address the issue! Next, I called the Equus service line. Was told by the first agent, Kristin, this was not Hyundai's problem, nothing they could do! I spoke to supervisor Mike, who told me basically the same thing. It's Monday, and I have not heard back from Hyundai or Sirius. I called Hyundai again, supervisor Maryanne said the same thing-not Hyundai's problem. Actually Maryanne spent more time making excuses for Sirius than anything. She told me I should wait to hear back from Sirius. When I pressed her on whether she thought Sirius' response to me of 7-10 business days to get a call back was reasonable, she told me she could not say, as she was not an expert in that product!

Terrible customer service. I expect Hyundai to stand behind their product, especially the Equus. Instead every person I spoke with has immediately passed the buck to Sirius and refused to help. I would expect them to replace the unit or lean heavily on Sirius to fix this timely. No such luck and no one at Hyundai seems to care.
  • autokritikerautokritiker Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2012
    "Called Sirius customer service, who told me they could not fix it, and that in 7-10 business days, someone would call me to address the issue!"

Let me get this straight. So basically:

"Sorry, we don't feel like discussing your issue today. Don't call us. We'll call you, maybe in a week or two....

...Sure, you can speak with my supervisor but, FYI, he enjoys irritating Hyundai customers just as much as I do. So does his boss....

...In fact, our company really doesn't want Hyundai's business anymore. We're rich enough already."

Really???
    ..........???????
    ............??????????

Yeah ------------------- No. Keep trying though.