Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• tejchicagotejchicago Member Posts: 2
    Got an email offer from a local dealer (Chicago area) on their remaining 2010 MDX Advance w/Entertainment models.

Don't have all the details, highlights were 36 months, 10K miles per year, $0 sec deposit, $7K additional cap cost reduction, $499/month.

Will try to chat with them tomorrow to get the rest of the details, but did get my attention, curious to other opinions.

thx
  • cr1970cr1970 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2010 Polished Metal Metallic / Ebony MDX Advance Entertainment.

$49,387
    $2,500 down plus first month & $99 doc fee.
    $656 per month - 12k 36 month
  • m3_fanm3_fan Member Posts: 4
    A local dealer quoted the following rates to me today.
    2010 MDX Tech - MF = 0.00122, RV = 53%
    2010 MDX Tech/Res - MF = 0.00122, RV = 52%
    Do these numbers look ok?

Thx in advance.
  • m3_fanm3_fan Member Posts: 4
    Forgot to mention this is for a 36 month 12k/year lease.
  • geoguy99geoguy99 Member Posts: 10
    Carman:

Trying to determine if I've got a decent deal working on a 2010 MDX T&E.
    MSRP - 48,665
    Neg - 45,640
    36mth, 15,000
    MF - 0.001320
    Resid - 50%
    All Taxes and Fees paid up-front
    $684.23/mth
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    you mentioned that the MF (money factor) is 0.001320, I hear that if you multiply this number by 2400 the result is the % of the interest of the money lent by the leasing co...which is the difference between the residual money and the selling number...so I hear...I can not find the % by doing the above multiplicatio...what am I doing wrong?...any experts around?...help appreciated...thank you all
  • fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi geoguy99.
    .00132 x 2400 = 3.168%
    That's the loan interest rate.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi geoguy99. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Acura's buy rate for this model.

Let's take a look at the selling price. The dealer invoice price of the model that you're interested in is $44,692. If we subtract the $1,000 dealer cash that Acura is providing on it from that it drops to $43,692. That puts your $45,640 selling price at around $1,950 over invoice...which is way too much in my opinion. If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would want the dealer to knock another $1,000 to $1,500 of of its selling price. You may wan to try shopping around some.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks Car Man, was not aware of the dealer cash.
    Car Man - Is there any dealer cash available on the 2011 MDX?
    You're very welcome, geoguy99. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey geoguy99. Unfortunately, Acura is not providing any dealer cash on the 2011 MDX right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • uplateuplate Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm trying to find the RV on a 2011 base MDX given 10k/36month lease.

-thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, uplate. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00180 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • clrimageclrimage Member Posts: 4
    Looking for the residual value for a 11 with adv and ent for 36 or 39 mo. with 15k.What would be a good negotiated price to shoot for on these. I was thinking about 52,500. Thanks
  • rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
    looking at a 2011 mdx with advanced and entertainment package...

msrp 54965

what is the money factor
    residual

looking at 3 yr 36k lease

thanks
    wade
  • hagglemanhaggleman Member Posts: 12
    I am hoping to move quick on a 2011 MDX but need the following data:

2011 MDX Base 36 month 15k miles
    Resid %
    Money factor

2011 MDX Tech 36 month 15k miles
    Resid %
    Money factor

2011 MDX Tech and Ent. 36 month 15k miles
    Resid %
    Money factor

Please respond as soon as you can. THANKS!!!
  • pcrispypcrispy Member Posts: 11
    Are the Acura lease numbers not publicly available? Since you can essentially get them through a dealer it would make sense that Acura might post them somewhere.

I am looking for the lease rates and MF on a 2011 Advance for 10k and also maybe for 12k - 36 months

My dealer is offering this but I wanted the official stats to run the numbers myself:

MSRP $53,065
    Sale Price $49,681.49
    $0 down, 36 months/ 12k miles per year
    Residual $28,655.10
    Monthly Payment including taxes, etc $797.83
    CarMAn, Where are You???

(crowd chanting)Carman, Carman, Carman...

:)
    edited October 2010
    Hosts of the Forums at Edmunds.com

If you can not find the requested info, please post that so consumers can find it elsewhere. Or, if you are not replying to these forums but ONCE every two weeks, please let the consumers know so that information can be sought elsewhere.

Disappointed member, :(
    Haggleman
    Hi clrimage. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 50%.

If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wade. Here's the info that you're looking for. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment and 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 54$, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi haggleman. Here's the information that you need.

Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Acura MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 MDX Tech are .00180 and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 MDX Tech with Entertainment are .00180 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Haggleman. Sorry for the delay in my response. I tend to go through the forums alphabetically and you just missed me. Please see my previous post for the information that you are looking for. Good luck in your quest for a new MDX and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    CAR MAN..

thanks..can you give me residual and money factor for 2010 mdx advance ans 2010 mdx advance entertainment

thanks
    Wade
    I'd be happy to Wade. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura MDX Advance with or without entertainment with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    car man..

thanks for the reply..so the residual for a 12k 36 month lease would be 2% higher?

also what do you think the rates will do in november?
    the best price i have found on a 2010 mdx advance is 47365.00 i think i can get them to come down a little..what do you think?

thanks
    Wade
    No problem Wade. Yes, the residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. The dealer invoice price for a 2010 Acura MDX Advance is $48,364. There's $1,000 dealer cash on this car that drops that number to $47,364. The price that you were quoted is right in line with that, which is a very good deal.

It's difficult to say what Acura's lease program on the MDX will be like in November at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Finalized last week on a 2011 MDX T&E:
    - Sell Price $44,500
    - 36 mth, 15,000
    - $749 Down
    - 53% Residual
    - 0.0018 Money Factor
    - $636.80 / mth
  • ggangggang Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 MDX Advance Pkg in NJ. Looking at 36 months, with 10K milage.

Was quoted:
    Sales price of $47,381 (incld destination).
    MF .00180 MF,
    55% Residual.

The monthly payments are $694 with just the min up front costs of $2097 (tax, title, reg, etc).

If I were to to pay $2,999 up front costs (incl first mo. payment, etc) the monthly payment would be $667.

Does this seem to be a fair price?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
    Congratulations on getting your new MDX, geoguy99. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ggang. The dealer invoice price for a 2011 Acura MDX Advance is $48,681. The selling price that you were quoted is significantly less than that...which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • asimo34asimo34 Member Posts: 6
    How is this quote (in NY):

sale price 45,700
    residual 26958
    6065 down (taxes/fees/ccr)
    12k/yr

499/month
  • tdubs2tdubs2 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Carman - Looking at a 2011 base model MDX 36 month lease - Will dealers go below $560/month on this national deal? How much room do I have to negotiate further?

2011 MDX Featured Special Lease - Zero Due at Lease Signing $0 down payment, $0 security deposit, $0 first month's payment, $0 due at lease signing
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2011 MDX 6 Speed Automatic (Model YD2H2BJNW) for $560.00 per month for 36 months with $0 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $0.00 due at lease signing ($0 first month's payment, $0 capitalized cost reduction and $0 security deposit; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify. $0 due at lease signing offer requires dealer contribution, which could affect final negotiated transaction.
  • jgurajgura Member Posts: 16
    CARMAN,

I heard from one dealer that the Nov lease deal for an MDX Tech with 12K is 56% and 0.00092.
    He offered me 36 mo (12K) at $595/mo (NY Tax Incl) and $1859 At close.

How does that sound? Are the MF numbers correct?
    Also the $1859 at close seems high can anyone comment about that. I assume $595 is First Mo so can the rest be just DMV and what??
    Hi tdubs2. Most manufacturers' officia advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if their manufacturers advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle.

If I was in the market for a 2011 Acura MDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

You can find the exact dealer invoice price of this model over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerseydriver11jerseydriver11 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    Car_Man....

Can you let me know what the MF and Residual would be for a 2011 Acura MDX with Advance for 36 months with 15K miles per year? How does this change if I drop down to Technology only (no advance).

This will be a NJ lease. My local dealer says Acura does not allow MSD's on the vehicle but please let me know if that is correct.

I think I speak (or type) for everyone on these forums when I tell you we really appreciate all the help!

jerseydriver11
  • clrimageclrimage Member Posts: 4
    Finally pulling the trigger on a 2011 advance/ent black with umber.
    I shopped many dealers from upstate NY to NJ and one dealer was much lower than all the rest, The deal is as follows: Tax,first,fees and DMV down=3381. Payment is 665 for 35months and 15k per year. He is selling me the 54,9xx car for 49,759 and he is using a really low money factor he said just came out. I will have the deal in my hand tomorrow and I will pick up the car in 2 weeks since he had to do a dealer trade to get that color combo.
    Yep, jgura, the lease program that you were quoted looks right.

At lease signing, Acura requires lessees to pay their vehicle's first month's payment and a $595 acquisition fee. It is currently waiving its security deposit on this model. You shouldn't have to pay anything above that at signing and you can probably roll the acquisition fee into your truck's capitalized cost if you don't want to lay it out.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks jerseydriver11. I'd be happy to help you out. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Advance with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for the Technology trim level is exactly the same, but its residual value would be 54%.

It's possible that Acura does not allow MSDs. I don't recall ever seeing anyone do one on an Acura lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgurajgura Member Posts: 16
    OK. Done Deal and picking up on Friday. What do you think??

2011 MDX Tech - Palladium/Ebony
    Advance Running Boards - Installed
    All Weather Mats
    36 Month Lease
    12,000 Miles/yr

First Month ONLY Due at Signing
    $600/mth.
    NJ Taxes and all Fees included.
  • srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    Great deal! I wouldve considered leasing if I could get that good of a deal back in Sept.
  • gregfromdcgregfromdc Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man -
    You and the great folks here in the forum have helped me immensely in the past for two different TL leases, and I am hoping you can come through again for me as I graduate to an MDX.

What are the November MF and Residual for an MDX with Tech and Entertainment and an MDX with the Adv + Ent? Assuming Super Preferred and a 10K miles per year lease. What would the numbers look like for these two models for 12K miles?

Thanks again for your help.
    Greg
  • shaq11shaq11 Member Posts: 6
    Congratulations.Thats a good deal on MDX Tech.
    Could you please tell me the name of the dealership and who your dealt with
    My email is : vaisq11@yahoo.com
    Was the acquisition fees,title ,registration plus taxes included in the $600/month lease payments?
    TIA
    Welcome back Greg. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Tech, Entertainment, and 10,000 miles per year are .00092 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '11 MDX Advance / Entertainment are .00092 and 55%.

Acura's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • dan36124dan36124 Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2010
    Hi Car Man....long time reader, first time poster!

I'm in NJ....And would love a thumbs up on a deal for a 2011 MDX w/Tech and Entertainment. 12k miles,36 months.....

MSRP - 49015
    Cap cost - 44560
    State Tax - 1397.93
    Luxury Tax! - 178.24
    DMV - 302.50 + 7.50 tire tax

money factor - .00092
    residual 55% (55% of MSRP is 26958.25)

Invoice looks like 45009 and I don't see any incentives/rebates available, so that puts me at 449 under invoice.

Payment comes up as 594.85/month (that should include tax)

**they want $1986 up front....Which should be 595 acquisition, 595 1st month, 310 MV + tire.....which totals 1500. Not sure what the other 486 is....(this was just first numbers so I didn't ask for a specific breakdown)

Does this look good to you? This is a dealer I bought a TL from a few months ago and liked them. No BS on the pricing, not slimy. Just want to check. Thanks so much!
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited November 2010
    dan36124,

I'm not Car_man but let allow me to throw in my two cents. The $594.85 payment does include NJ tax @7% which is $1,397.93 but excludes the $178.24 luxury tax computed by multiplying the 0.4% NJ luxury tax rate by the $44,560 sell price (i.e., agreed upon value). The $44,560 sell price is awesome! To wit...

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2214&modelId=4&upfrontPricin- - g=Y

Your gross and adjusted cap amount to 44,560 + 1397.93 or 45,957.93. All numbers were calculated correctly.

Amounts due at lease signing...

1st Payment................................ 594.85
    Acq Fee...................................... 595.00
    Acq Fee Tax @7%...................... 41.65 (check this)
    Est. Dealer Doc Fee..................... 249.00
    Doc Fee Tax @7%...................... 17.43 (check this)
    Luxury Tax @0.4%...................... 178.24
    DMV + Tire Fee.......................... 310.00

TOTAL DUE............................... 1,986.17

You need to get an itemization of the amounts charged at lease inception. I think acq fees are taxable in NJ regardless of whether this fee is capped or not. Also, I'm 99% sure that the dealer doc fee is taxable in NJ as well.

Questions? Please let me know or contact me at....

leasewithease@zoominternet.net

John
    John - Thanks so much....you're absolutely right on the doc fees...I forgot about those! and the 17 cents on your total matches the 1986.17 on my numbers from the dealer...so you're spot on. I can't believe all the stupid fees are taxable! ugh. And my property taxes are exorbitant!! :)

Money factor is good and selling price is really good....so I think I'm in good shape. I really like this dealership. They're cool, honest and they don't screw around. My first impression of these numbers is that it was a nice deal, but just wanted to get some other opinions in case I missed something.....thanks so much again!
  • 99234769923476 Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks....Looking for advice to if this is a good, great, or fair deal. I live in So Cal and my Acura dealer offered me the following deal:

2011 MDX Tech with Nav
    Length: 35 months (first month paid at signing)
    12k a year
    Due at signing: $600
    Monthly Payment:$600 - including taxes

Can I do better? Expect tow package and or running boards? The choice is between this one and a Lexus RX450h for about the same amount (except the Lexus is a 2010)

Thanks for your help folks....
    any sign of Car Man?? I haven't heard anything....
This discussion has been closed.