Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• jaydtwjaydtw Member Posts: 7
    I am in MI also. This is what I got

2011 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages (MSRP 49015 / Invoice 45009)
    2K down covers first month plus all the fees.
    $619 a month for 35 months, the price include 6% MI sales Tax
    Option to buy the car at end of the lease for 27948.40

Your price seem to be better considering your car has a MSRP of 52,205. Did you Lease the MDX

Jay
  • jaydtwjaydtw Member Posts: 7
    2011 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages
    0 down and no out of pocket expenses.
    680.64 * 35 a month for 35 months, the price include 6% MI sales Tax
    Option to buy the car at end of the lease for 27948.00
    12K M Limit

Jay
  • cukoodukoocukoodukoo Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, i have been working on getting a decent deal on an Advance entertainment 2011 MDX

My offer was 850 at sign in[includes first month pay] , 775$/month [includes taxes] for 35 months 15k/yr
    I am trying to negotiate for them to throw in advance running boards in the deal. Would it be a decent deal? Its for the State of kentucky.
    I have trade in included in the deal .
  • car4523car4523 Member Posts: 4
    I leased a 2010 TSX with tech package back in sept 09. When I leased the car I knew we were having a baby in December, but didn't think the back seat would be that big of an issue. Now that our son is here, I now know. I knew I should have thought this threw better when I was buying a car, but I didn't. I would like to try to get into a car that is bigger. We'd really like one of the Acura SUV's, but if not, we could do something else.

Question - since the lease is so new is there anything I can do to get into another car? I'm assuming I'm upside down on the car now (although I got a great deal on the lease.) THis is my first lease, so I'm not sure if being upside down on a lease is the same as being upside down on a car that you financed out right. THe lease is with Acura finance, and I'd really like to be able to stay with them and get a new lease (or purchase) on one of their suv's. Do you think there is any way to do this, this late in the game, or am I just stuck? I"m open to any ideas/suggestions you may have.

Thanks!
  • bryman79bryman79 Member Posts: 2
    Hi car4523. I am not the CAR_MAN host, but I hope I can be of some equal help. I was in the same situation as you except that I had a 2009 Honda Civic LX lease with Honda finance (If I am not mistaken Acura uses Honda finance also) . We were able to break our Honda lease contract to get a base 2011 MDX without being penalized in my down payment or agreed upon sale price at the end of last November. Because Acura is under the Honda umbrella, dealerships should not hestitate to work with you.

But beware, there are dealerships that will capitalize on your situation by understating your equity (or overstating your negative equity, which ever applies) by attributing it to excessive wear and tear, mileage, etc... Therefore, be sure to know the Kelly Blue book value of your car before walking into a dealership. I speak from experience. I had visited two other dealerships, both who valued my Civic $2,000 to $2,500 below the Kelly Blue book value after their 'inspections' (mind you, I had my lease for 1 1/2 yrs and had only 9K miles) The Civic was in very good to excellent condition as confirmed confirmed by dealership I ended up signing with.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you!
  • cukoodukoocukoodukoo Member Posts: 4
    You should talk to your acura dealer.Dealerships allow early buy out if you want to stick to their company.Depending upon the demand for your TSX in the used car market, your dealership might give you a good deal [if ur lucky].
  • pparekhncpparekhnc Member Posts: 3
    So I got them down to $43,300 cap cost for a 2011 Tech, and the following scenario:

1. "Pull forward" of my 2008 MDX with 18K miles (on a 36K mile lease due next month) - net value of "trade in" is $2100.

2. Planning a lease 36 mos/10K miles, no money down.

3. We have gotten to a sweet spot of $640-$644/month, inclusive of taxes but exclusive of reg/title/doc fees. [B]Now, they state that in the city of Chicago, there is a "Cap Cost Reduction Tax". Is this true??[/B] In other words, paying approx. $200 tax for the $2000 value of my trade-in. No one else has heard of this...they claim it is specific to Honda and the city of Chicago. I know it is a reality in NJ/NY according to some BMW forums.

Thanks for your help. Otherwise, very happy with the dealership experience.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Most states tax CAP cost reductions, just the same as they would tax the lease payment..

I'm not that familiar with Illinois, but I have read anecdotal reports that the City of Chicago has some pretty onerous taxes on auto leases... so, nothing that dealer states surprises me...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Jay. It's excellent that you know this vehicle's MSRP and selling price, but you really need to find out what selling price the dealer is charging you before you finalize your deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given an in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this MDX's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 9900rpm9900rpm Member Posts: 4
    For Car man. Another question. I read back a few pages, and you said the money factor is .00145, with a 57% residual for a 12k mile, 3 year lease on the MDX tech. The 57% residual... What is that 57% off of? The MSRP, or the actual selling price of the vehicle?
  • mrliou168mrliou168 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I've been getting the runaround from Acura for days now, but this morning I received my best price so far and my wife's birthday is this Friday, so time is of the essence!

2011 MDX Tech, with about $1800 worth in dealer options:
    Silver roof rails
    Sport Running Boards
    Body side Moulding

$2500 Drive-off and $610/month

Assuming the following:
    36 months and 12K per year
    Residual of 57.1% and a MF of 0.00145,
    MSRP $47115 and Cap Cost $43461,
    I'm at $560/month plus about $50/mo in non-residualized options = $610/mo

Would you write this deal? Thanks!
  • mrliou168mrliou168 Member Posts: 2
    57% of MSRP. Or 43% off of MSRP.
  • prd928prd928 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car man, Can you tell me the money factor and residual for a 2011 MDX Tech entertainment with 12k a yr and for 36 months in NYC.

Thank you in advance.
    Good question 9900rpm. Vehicle's residual values are always based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that are allowed to be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi prd928. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with Entertainment and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • trunderwtrunderw Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man, I've been browsing these forums for the past few days and see lots of good info from your posts. Thanks! I am shopping the Infiniti FX and the Acura MDX. I've got the numbers on the FX but I wasn't sure about the residual on the MDX...as I've seen both 56 and 57%. I think that the respective companies may change those numbers often but usually monthly. So my question is, what is the trend on the money factor and residual for the MDX and the FX? I feel like the residual will get worse as we get closer to a new model being released... Anyway, thanks in advance!
    PS - do you know Acura's maximum number of security deposits?
    You're welcome, trunderw. I'm glad that you've enjoyed my posts.

I believe that Infiniti is scheduled to introduce a new lease program in February, but that Acura's current program is scheduled to run through the end of February.

You're right, vehicles' residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses. I suspect that Acura and Infiniti will lower its money factors to make up for any drop in residuals and maintain similar payments, but you never know.

I believe that Acura allows up to nine security deposits.

Car_man
    Host
  • ginterhelsigginterhelsig Member Posts: 8
    Is a source on the net that would happen to hold all the manufacturer's residuals for each model and the corresponding money factors? I'm in the market for a 24 month lease, and generally, 24 month leases are not quoted (the 36mo/10K/12K/15K seems to be the standard).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • tishka72tishka72 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for 2011 Acura MDX Standard pack:
    - $1000 out of pocket (include NY taxes and all fees );
    - $560.00/month for 36 mos / 10,000mi/year?
    Thanks a lot.
  • drakej1drakej1 Member Posts: 7
    We've negotiated a purchase price for 11 MDX w/ tech for $42,900 + tax and license. When we asked about leasing as an option, they configured lease using money factor of .00165. When I told them I thought the MF was .00145 (based on posts here) they said the rate varies by state and also changes frequently. I suspect this is a fallacy but can someone please confirm that the MF of .00145 and residual of 57% are still in effect in Feb for this configuration?

Thank you
  • drakej1drakej1 Member Posts: 7
    Were told today that roof rails - just side rails not the cross bars - are $495 installed - implying $200+ for installation on top of the list price for the rails. Are these accessories prices often negotiated - can anyone tell us what a fair rate for this option would be? Thanks.
    Hi ginterhelsig. I'm not aware of any source of accurate lease program details that is available to the general public, but I should be able to help you out.

Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 MDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tishka72. It would be easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this MDX's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey drakej1. Acura's lease program does sometimes vary by region. Having said that, the MDX's current lease program does not. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 MDX is .00145 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gogsgogs Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm considering leasing a 2011 MDX (among other choices). We will be moving to wyoming in a few months and I noticed that the nearest Acura dealership is nearly 2:15 hours away.

I'm wondering if we are required to get servicing and repairs done at an Acura dealership for the warranties to be valid. We do have a honda dealership in the town we are moving to...can we expect to get these services done at the honda dealership instead?

In short, how important is it to have the dealership close to you live?

Thanks
    gogs
  • car_dudecar_dude Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2011
    Not sure why you need Acura dealership for the leased vehicle. I had Acura TL lease for 3 yrs and never went to Acura dealer. There was no required maintenance, just oil changes.

I did all my oil changes at a local car repair shop (not affiliated with Acura or Honda), cost me around $30 per visit.
  • romo6892romo6892 Member Posts: 1
    car_man

My TL lease is soon expiring. I am considering leasing an MDX Tech, 10K, 36 months. I would much appreciate information on recent selling price in the So. Cal area as well as the residual value and monthly lease payment. I understand from car_man that the money factor is .00145. Is the same Acura $2000 available to the dealer on MDX?
    I am also considering a TL but have seen the good info for that provided on this site. Do you lose much in leasing a TL for 24 months compared to 36 months? Thanks for any advice.
  • flyfisher9flyfisher9 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the residual value and money factor for Feb 2011, 36-month, 12k lease on a 2011 MDX with Advance and Entertainment packages?

Much appreciated!
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    Hello all,
    I am getting a lease quote from an Acura Dealer in Woodside, NY.
    2011 MDX with Tech Package selling price at $41779.00
    36Months lease with 15000Miles per year, Zero down.
    Monthly payment $622.00 (Includes NYC tax)
    Out of pocket $864.00 (622+145+75+10+12)
    First month + DMV fees, (transfer from my old plate) + Doc fee + Inspection fee + Tire fee

$.20 per mile if excess over 45000, $.10 per mile if pay upfront. should I buy additional 5000miles for the cost of $500.00? so this way I would have 50,000 miles total.

Is it a good deal? or should I shoot for a better price?

Thanks every one.

Bill
  • shaq11shaq11 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for a MDX Tech too with Adv running boards and mats 12K/Year 36 months lease.
    I think you have a good deal.
    Why dont you involve me in the leasing process too and maybe we can get a better deal.
  • shaq11shaq11 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everybody,
    I am looking to get a 2011 MDX Tech (Grigio) with advance running boards and mats.
    Looking to lease 12K/Year -36 Months.Residual value is 57% and money factor .00145

Can the advance running boards and mats be residualized ?
    Dealer wants me to pay $800 for advance running boards and $199 for all weather mats.
    Anybody looking to lease an MDX in or around NY Metro,maybe we could negotiate together.
    I am looking to do this in next week,
    Thank you in advance.this board is excellent place to learn about experiences.
    Thanks Carman too
  • ajs4ajs4 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a 36 month, 10,000 mile/year for a MDX w/ Tech. No money down. Trading in an 02 Accord with an estimated value of $6700.

The dealer calculates the monthly payment at $440/month.

Assuming I have the value of the trade right, this seems like a pretty good deal based on reviewing other posts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Hey gogs. As long as you have your vehicle maintained, i.e. basically change the oil on a regular basis and save the receipts, you shouldn't have a problem.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi flyfisher9. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX with Advance, Entertainment, and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a good question about the running boards and mats, shaq11. I suspect that the mats can be residualized, but I'm not sure about the boards.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ajs4. The easiest way to evaluate this deal would be to look at this vehicle's selling price in relation to its MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it;s difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • lacey_plachelacey_plache Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 MDX Tech, 10k, 36 months, preferably $0 down. What kind of residual and money factor should I expect? I have Super Premium credit.
    Also, I am turning in a 2008 MDX lease. Will that give me any extra deal?
    I am hoping to pay high 500/low 600 but not sure if that's attainable.
    I'm in Los Angeles.
    Thanks!
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    shaq11,
    sure we can go for the deals together. the dealer is woodside ny.
    I am not sure this forum would let me post my email address or my phone number.
  • JimmyVegas11JimmyVegas11 Member Posts: 7
    Would very much appreciate the February Money Factor and Residual Rate for a 2011 MDX with Navi but no Entertainment PKG if I get a 36 month lease with 12k per year.

Also, does anyone know if factory is giving the dealer any incentives at the moment?

Thank you.
  • lacey_plachelacey_plache Member Posts: 2
    Re my post above, for anyone interested, here is what I ended up with:
    2011 MDX Tech, 10k, 36 months, $0 down
    $599/month including 9.25% CA tax
    They paid first month, I paid DMV fees ($589)
    Money factor .00135
  • cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7
    Is the factory advertised offer from ACURA which expires on 2/28/11, $560 plus tax a month for 36 months, with zero down and 10,000 miles a year a good deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7
    CarMan,

Can you please tell me what the March residual rate and money factor are on a 2011 Acura MDX Base Model, with 10,000 miles per year, for 36 months. Thank You!!
  • mrenadette1mrenadette1 Member Posts: 15
    Also would appreciate numbers for 15K miles/year.
    Lacey_plache, Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't think that the fact that you are turning in an existing Acura lease will provide you any benefit on getting a new Acura.

Car_man
    Host
    JimmyVegas11, Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Tech and 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2011 MDX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cldcom. Most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave some room to negotiate. That makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if the manufacturers they are affiliated with advertised the thinnest possible deals on vehicles.

If I was in the market for a 2011 MDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice and then have the dealer calculate my monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00145 (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier).

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, cldcom.

Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mrenadette1. Acura's 15,000 mile per year residual values are 3% lower than its 10,000 mile per year resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • dmc82dmc82 Member Posts: 3
    Would someone post the March MDX Tech & Entertainment packages lease rates for 36 and 39 months if you have them.

Thanks so much!!
  • jamaherojamahero Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just visited the dealership in NYC tonight and test drove the MDX. It is an incredible ride. I thought I wouldn't be so impressed. It reminds me of my Lexus years ago but with more control and power. Quiet and so smooth.

I am trying to not go over $500. For my lease. (under would be great too)
    The sale is $499 10,000 miles 36 mos. Advertised on plaques in front of the cars
    My salesman was requiring a down payment of 3000. I like to pay off taxes and fees anyway.
    They seem to be over stocked on the base models and have run out of the upgrades I asked for the tech package and he wanted me to wait until next month to buy. Odd I thought. He told me to go and bring him a lower price than $550 w the tech package. and he will match it. I have great credit. I am not trading in a car. My lease is up may 1st conveniently to a car dealership across the street from Acura lol. Easy switch w the plates.

My questions are: anyone know about stock issues for cars?
    Will the deals get better April 1st or will I loose the $499 basi deal being offered and I will kick myself.

FYI he said the cars are made in Canada so the recent disaster in japan won't affect Acura

Love when they tell me something is extra when it is included
This discussion has been closed.