Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 97
    When I took in my crv, they gave me the kbb good condition price. The Pilot has a chipped windshield and tires are almost worn out. We moved from crv to pilot because we wanted to get a 7 seater suv. And this move is because we have been dissatisifed with the pilot. The tires are ready for replacement and its just 20k miles.Mileage is terrible, we get like 14-15 in city, even below their rated values, and some of the plastic has started coming off in the interior. So we were looking at the mdx which is essentially the same size as the pilot but has more quality and better ride experience.
  • sandbox5sandbox5 Member Posts: 21
    Thx BH, I appreciate the response. I've convinced myself to wait on the 12's. I'm afraid I am shooting myself in the foot at a higher price because of scarcity of the 2012's. I'm willing to wait until Spring but not my first choice!

Maybe I'll get lucky and they will do a 2012 intro special rate!
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    This is my 3rd MDX Tech/Ent and I like this one the least. I live in NYC and I get 13-15 mpg at best. The finish is just ok; i thought the 2005 had the best finish. I also have to get oil changes every 3500 miles because the light goes on. This is new because i only changed my oil every 7500 with the 08. I don't know if the finish and mileage issues will be resolved. I would also complain to Honda about the tires and finish assuming your still under warranty. I'm ballhogg at gee mail if you want to take this off-line
    But what happens if they aren't offering any deals, are you prepared to overpay perhaps? I don't know the answer, I just thought I'd ask. :-)
    I know! I've thought about that already. The multi colored leather on the interior of the 2011 is what is a deal breaker. Looked at a Q7 today...really nice ride but fear the cost of ownership over the long haul.

:cry:
    I would never buy an MDX or any "luxury" car, leasing is definitely the way to go. My sister had two Audis and spent a small fortune on maintenance. Leasing takes the cost of ownership component out of the equation.
    I figured that....still hard to get my head around not having anything "at the end" of it. With potential body changes and new car depreciation, leasing looks better and better.
    Thx for the tidbit on the Audi. Everything I have read has said stay clear but the test drive was impressive.
    Still think the Q7 is a sexier car than the MDx but not nearly as practical. But, then again, there is nothing "practical" about that kind of car purchase, period. ;)
  • tornadogtornadog Member Posts: 97
    I am in the same boat as you.I was looking at the Q7 too, but the 3rd row seat is practically useless and the Q5 seems like a better choice of the two.
    Hi Torn,

I drove the Q5 (with the 20" wheels) and loved it. The third seat is a must for me....otherwise I'd do the Q5, too. If you can get away with no having to have it....
    you have a lot more choices.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ab10000. Most manufacturers do indeed provide a money factor reduction for lessees who pay for their entire lease in advance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, down to the MDX or Highlander. Could you PLEASE tell me if this is a good deal?

2011 MDX (base), 10K miles, $535/mo, $1,000 up-front/out-of-pocket

Other #s...
    Selling price: $40,784
    Cap cost: $42,997
    Dealer cost: $40,296
    Price Adjustment: $2,213
    Inception fees: $3213
    Residual based on 10K miles: $25,412 (1.3% up from 55% residual with more miles)

Also, would the 2012s be alot more expensive? Is it worth waiting?
  • yacomrade1yacomrade1 Member Posts: 4
    Car Man, could you please post this month's lease terms (RV, MF) for the 2011 (and 2012, if different) MDX+Tech, 36mos, 12K.

And a question for anyone who has recently leased this model..., what was your monthly cost (and/or sales price) with these terms. How much are dealers discounting any remaining 2011s, if at all, now that the 2012s are on the lots?

I plan to lease within the next week (or extend my old lease if unable to find a good deal), and will post my experience when done.

KR
    Hi wheedler123. $488 over dealer invoice isn't bad, even for a leftover 2011 model given the fact that there isn't any dealer cash available on it.

Dealers would probably try to charge you more for a 2012 model, but probably not a ton more. You might want to consider looking at a '12.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yacomrade1. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00060 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man!

Can you post those numbers for 15k miles?

Thx
    Hey sandbox5. the residual values for a lease with 15,000 miles per year would be 2% lower. The money factor would be the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdxdogmdxdog Member Posts: 6
    Hi leased a 2011 Base MDX--35 month, 10,000 miles, yesterday. First time I leased a car, did I get a good deal?

Paid (includes all down payment + tax & license)---$3989.00
    Traded 2006 IS350--------------------------------------- $650.00 (paid off car loan and 650.0)
    Dealer bonus cash-----------------------------------------$1000.00

Total monthly payment= $383.00
  • james037james037 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, does anyone know...

...If a lease holder wants to buy the car at the end of the lease, does the title have to be transferred to the lease holder or can s/he direct that it be transferred to someone else?

My reason for asking is that I want to buy a 2008 MDX base model with <36k miles and the market price is $28-30k but the RV of a Sep 08 36/36 lease is only $20,500. That is a massive profit margin for dealers that I do not want to pay. I would love to find someone who's lease is ending soon and offer them a cash incentive to let me accompany them when they return the car, hand over a check to the dealer and have the title assigned to me. Do you think this scenario is possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice

James
    james,
    I have heard of sites where you can assume a lease for someone so I would think it might be possible you could pay the assumption fees and get in that way as well.
    Just a thought....
    In theory it sounds like a good idea. I would call AHFC or a dealer to find out if it's allowed. I would also assume that you would have to pay the RV or payout amount on behalf of the original leasee and have the leasee transfer the title to you prior to turning the car in at the dealer. The RV of $20K sounds really low, is that number correct?

As for assuming a lease AHFC doesn't really allow it. AHFC requires the original leasee to remain on the lease when you transfer. So if you were to assume someone's lease the original leasee would actually be financially liable if you didn't make the payments. If the car is leased through a bank I think the process is a little easier but expensive (they will probably charge a transfer fee of ~$500). I'm pretty sure this is the policy of AHFC - you can double check with them or a dealer to verify. Hope this helps.
  • mdxlover23mdxlover23 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Hi everyone, this is my first time leasing a vehicle so I need your help. I am leasing a 2012 MDX Tech and received the following quote:

36 month lease, 15k miles per year (Massachusetts Market)

MSRP $47,490
    Cap Cost $44,000
    Down Payment $1063.71
    Money Factor 0.00066
    Residual Value $24219.90
    Monthly payment $645.00

Questions:
    #1. Is this a good deal? and
    #2. How much does the money factor fluctuate each month? Will my monthly payment stay roughly around 645?

Thanks!!!! :P
    Greetings to the appropriately named mdxlover23. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. As far as its selling price goes, the dealer invoice price of this truck is $43,628. A cap cost of $44,000 is less than $500 over invoice...which is a pretty good deal.

Acura's lease program for this truck is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdxlover23mdxlover23 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car man! I've actually decided to wait for the re-designed 2013 MDX. I have a few questions for you:

1. When should this next gen be released by?
    2. Will it be a lot more expensive than the current MDX Tech? Not sure if there was a price jump when the 2007 second gen MDXs came out.

THANK YOU! :P
  • am1199am1199 Member Posts: 10
    Its time to replace my 08 MDX with 68k .Overall not bad expierience(just rear brakes and rotors at 53k-360$ ,power steering pump -380$ and blown headlight bulb 170$)We like our Acura but it doesnot look like Acura provides good lease support at this time -56% with .00143 and I am getting to 530$ +tax for the base and 650$- for the tech tream and to get running boards and roof rack (not residualized) it will get payments even higher at the same time folks on GL board are posting 630-700$ numbers for 24month GL leases(68-75k MSRP vs Acura 44-50k MSRP)Are there any good numbers or cash incentives for December for MDX?
  • john_smith01john_smith01 Member Posts: 1
    I just signed the lease order, havent gotten Acura MDX yet because they dont have base model in stock. Can I cancel it now? Because I dont think I got a good deal.

Thanks so much!!
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    edited December 2011
    The current lease rates/residuals on the MDX are quite aggressive, but as even when there was inventory earlier in the year, there is no inventory now and still no need for additional cash incentives. Mercedes operates differently with highly cash incentivized programs, depending on your qualifications, which initially makes it seem payments are close--but look at the overall ownership costs vehicle to vehicle, lease fees, etc. and compare as well. There just is no inventory, given current end of year demand and lower production, so additional incentives are not necessary.

Is your 2008 MDX paid off or coming off lease?
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Why do you not think you've gotten a good deal? MDX inventory is extremely low, and the rates are still aggressive. Just because someone on Edmunds posted a "deal" with seemingly lower or otherwise numbers does not make it reality. If you were uncomfortable at the time of signing, you wouldn't have signed. It's bad business to make a deal and then back out because you think about it after the fact, and I'm sure it is not a bad deal.

You can always cancel, have a deposit refunded or otherwise, but why? If your deal was "bad" you wouldn't have done it. What color are they getting for you?
  • jcharytanjcharytan Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    We put a deposit down today on a lease offer for a 2012 MDX with Tech Package at 10k miles/year (we don't need more than that). The deal almost seemed too good to be true though, so just very curious if this seems to make sense and if it is in fact something we should jump on. We're located in Nassau County on Long Island in NY.

Here are the details:

- $589/month with tax already included/rolled in
    - 10k miles per year
    - $1500 due at lease signing which covers first months payment, bank fee, and DMV

We put down a $500 deposit that will be applied to that $1500 and pay the remaining $1000 when we officially sign.

Am I missing something here? Did we just get really lucky or is there something not right here and is there something else we should be asking about?

Thanks!!
  • goneflyngoneflyn Member Posts: 13
    Just secured a lease on a 2012 MDX base model:

36 months w/ 15K miles
    $0 down/up front
    $545 a month (including 7% NJ tax)
    You're welcome mdxlover23. I know that the 2013 MDX is scheduled to arrive some time in calendar year 2012, but that should be pretty obvious at this point ;) . Other than that, I don't know for certain what month.

Acura has not officially announced pricing for the next generation MDX yet. I suspect that it will be slightly more expensive than the current model, but not significantly so. This is just speculation though.

Car_man
    Host
  • efavuzzaefavuzza Member Posts: 2
    i had both BMW X5 and Benz ML, and as USAA customer. First, I hate BMW everything is an option and the interior looking cheaper by last pass. Also the truck isn't any good in snow over 5 inches. The Benz, also not so many options as BMW but better. Better in the snow, but the drive is too soft and classic.
    I went to car brand made famous by the Legend. the Acura MDX drove in between AND NO OPTIONS. i mean i leased MDX advance/w navi for $2500 down for $625 a month. the interior looks like jet fighter. Also last year i saw my neighbor driving in feet in snow while my X5 was stuck. The dealer was led by veterans, so that why he took care me. he thru in running board,remote starter, maintence for life of the lease 36/30 miles. Acura of brooklyn is like big family, and treat you great. In the market Vets go ask Marty, and he has great war stories. A Real Hero Marty Is!!!!!!!!!
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Hi Car_Man.

I need the money factor and residual for an Acura MDX base; 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year.

Thank you.
  • dreamnofmdxdreamnofmdx Member Posts: 9
    I went into Acura today, after researching for a year!!!! I was finally ready to make a deal. I went in about a month ago, they pulled my credit and were ready to make a deal but I wasn't. I came back today, ready to lease the 2012 MDX tech package. Here was the deal:

$2500 down
    .00143 MF
    $595/month
    36 months

After pulling my credit (again) the score went down (awesome!) and this is what they came back with:

$658/month
    $2500 down
    48 months

WHAT?!!!! No, I only want a 36 month lease and made it very clear I couldn't do more than $600/month. I am so upset and actually ended up crying ( I know, I became so attached, don't judge me! I've wanted this car for so long). First of all, my credit probably went down because the jerks pulled it again. Now they are saying I don't qualify for the special financing. Do I walk? I guess there's nothing they can do or else they would have tried to make the deal right? I left super upset and am still so sad I did't get the car!

I'd love any and all feedback. Oh, you should also know they were selling me the car $500 below invoice. They did tell me to come back with a co-signer and we could do the deal.

$
    Hey hpowders. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00143 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having getting your dream vehicle, dreamnofmdx. Try not to be too upset. Not only do you seem to be on the right track in your negotiations, but there's plenty of fish in the sea...er um cars on the road. If you don't get an MDX then you'll get something else that's just as nice.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your credit score. I should be able to tell if you qualify for Acura's top credit tier, a lower one, or would indeed need a co-signer by looking at it.

As far as this deal goes, the money factor that you were quoted and the selling price of $500 under dealer invoice bother are excellent.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info., Car_man! You are always "Super Preferred" in my book!! :)
  • acapstlacapstl Member Posts: 3
    so with no money down what is the lease price on an mdx w/tech....
    a honda pilot fully loaded is about 400 aka 375 for 36/12 no money down, nothing due at signing taxes and title not included..

i can't tell if honda is a good deal please advise..

thanks.
  • berrisj1berrisj1 Member Posts: 10
    Car_Man:

You were of great help to me in my last lease go-around and I am hoping for your help again. Can you provide me this month's info on an Acura MDX Advanced Package, 12K/36m. And what about for after the new year.

Thanks
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Experts,

I'm offer by a NY dealer to turn in my Base 09' MDX for Base MDX 2012 with 3 payments remaing ($ 479/m - 5K Down on original lease) with 0 down, Tax, DMV, bank fee totaling $2400 and same monthly payment $ 479. Is this a deal? Lease is 12K Miles 36 months.

Thanks in advance
  • indecisionindecision Member Posts: 22
    I got a call from the dealer I leased my 09 MDX the other day saying he wants to pay off the remaining payments of my car (8!) and put me in a new 2012 mdx base. I know Im getting the song and dance, but my residual is about 21000. How much equity do I have? He says I have 2000. I know I have more. Im thinking I should be able to walk away with the base without any money down and 499 per month. Thoughts?
    Ha thanks hpowders. Happy New Year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi berrisj1. Through today, January 3rd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new program some time tomorrow. It is difficult to say what that program will be like at this point. Please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uvasa. Did the dealer mention what the selling price of the new MDX is? That number will make it much easier to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for your response. The selling price would be $39,533

Thanks
    You're welcome, uvasa. The dealer invoice price for a base 2012 Acura MDX is $40,296. The selling price that you were given is several hundred dollars under that...which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • vicki12vicki12 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Car man,

I have a question. I am trading in an acura tl tech in excellent condition with 20,000 miles with 3 months remaining. The dealer is giving me 500 in the deal for that is that fair. He is giving me a lease for 670 a month for 36 mos for an 2012 mdx with tech and entertainment with mudflaps,remote start, advance running boards and all season floor mats. 500 bank fee and tags - taxes included in 670 already - is this a good deal?
    Hi vicki12. It's nice to see that your current TL is worth so much that you are able to get out of it three months early and get a $500 credit from it to boot. Sweet.

As far as the new MDX lease goes, you really should get the dealer to tell you what its selling price is. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly tell you what they think. If I was in the market for a 2012 Acura MDX right now, I would shoot for a selling price that's as close to its dealer invoice price as possible. You should be able to look up the invoice price of the exact vehicle that you want over in the Acura MDX New Vehicle Pricing page of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Can you tell is which dealership gave you this price? I am lookjng for 2012 tech mdx 36/15k no money down in northern nj.

Thank you.
  • am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Car man,

Please post the mdx tech residual value, money factor and a good purchase price for a 36/15k no money down lease. Also, are there any current incentives for this model - i am looking to lease by the end of the month (my current mdx lease ends on january 31st).

Thank you
    I'd be happy to help you out am09. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00126 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.